USS Fitz fails to fucking spot a big ass freighter and it gets rammed...

USS Fitz fails to fucking spot a big ass freighter and it gets rammed. The Filippino ship was as big as a ww2 battleship and the dumb american retards failed to see it. Nice navy cucks

i wonder how they gonna see big ships with this

What ship? It's just a big of the ocean.

is this some sort of submarine joke? all i see is wide ocean

>mGw 150 Meter fallend und das Boot fängt an zu knarren

Ocean wallpapers belong on /wg/

le I cant see le stealth boat! jookings i can! UBOATED! xDDD

>you can spot the leaves with ease even when they desperately try to hide behind meme flags

Come on, babe. Let's go watch the submarine races.

See what?

Transcripts have been released of the radio traffic that night.

>USS Fitzgerald: At least you can talk. Who are you?
>ACX: It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
[Flanking Speed]
>ACX: No one cared who I was until I started maneuvering.
>USS Fitzgerald: If I cut you off, would you die?
>ACX: It would be extremely painful.
>USS Fitzgerald: You're a big ship!
>ACX: For you.
>USS Fitzgerald: Was getting intercepted part of your plan?
>ACX: Of course...
>USS Fitzgerald: Well, congratulations! You got yourself intercepted! Now what's the next step in your master plan?
>ACX: Crashing into your destroyer... with no survivors!

Yea, the Commander is going to be fucked.

i had exactly the same thought

I feel bad for him, wasn't he airlifted to a hospital?

He wasn't even on shift.

Probably an incident of womandriving.

>being issued to all USN officers as we speak

Yeah, It was airlifted out, but even if he was asleep it will be still on him for the lower officer screw up.

A lot of people seem confused about "Right of way" in shipping - there is no such thing.

We do not know if both where sailing without maneuvering or what the hell happened at this point. But due to the damage you can tell the navy ship was the "Give way" ship that is supposed to adjust course to avoid the collisions.

The master of the cargo vessel still might get in trouble if they failed to maintain a proper watch and did not try to message the navy ship.

Hold my beer. Watch this
Pic related

Doesn't maritime law stipulate that smaller ships always "give way"?

No

the vessel which has the other on the starboard side must give way and avoid crossing ahead of her,

The only times this is not the case is

(i) a vessel engaged in laying, servicing, or picking up a navigation mark, submarine cable or pipeline;
(ii) a vessel engaged in dredging, surveying or underwater operations;
(iii) a vessel engaged in replenishment or transferring persons, provisions or cargo while underway;
(iv) a vessel engaged in the launching or recovery of aircraft;
(v) a vessel engaged in mine clearance operations;
(vi) a vessel engaged in a towing operation such as severely restricts the towing vessel and her tow in their ability to deviate from their course.

The boat on starboard must still have a watch and due what it can (by radio, or signals) to notify the other ship of the collision concern. In addition, of the other ship does not respond then it gets in deep grey water due to some of the other rules.

The seven missing were found dead in the ship, just came on the news.

At least the bodies will be recovered, still sad.
As a note, if you are in a channel, the larger boats DO have the right over small boats. But not in the open waters.

Glad they found them, but it is sad.

¿Are you navy or glorious merchant race?

>merchant race
Merchant, though these days I am mostly a paper-pusher.

RIP Captain Bill Wilson.

God I hate the navy. Can't we just consolidate those faggots under the Marines so they actually become men?

The freighter turned around and rammed the Fitz. I don't know what happened, but it doesn't sound like this was just some accident.

sad. what could they ever expect to do against a hostile submarine.

did they died?

Must have been crushed in the crash

Dude all I see is a brick wall?

As the US slowly tips towards becoming non-White majority these incidents will become more and more common. Standards get lowered to accomodate low-IQ minorities in military, government and corporate positions.

This is why the 21st century will be the Chinese century. Demographics is destiny.

Or they crashed and decided to turn around to check out the scene.

Guess they didn't catch them on the flip side.

Some shitbag was probably asleep on watch.

It almost looks like the number '1000' is in the waves.. is that what I'm supposed to see?

>meanie made fun of me for using a stale joke

Drowned appaently, the compartment was flooded.

Best ww2 movie of all time.

fake news

explosive diariaha took out the corner toilet in that ships section.

>USS Fitzgerald: If I cut you off, would you die?
>ACX: It would be extremely painful.
>USS Fitzgerald: You're a big ship!
>ACX: For you.

All of you cocksuckers making jokes will never know the sheer terror and fear these sailors who were found dead in the flooded compartments had to face as they screamed for help while they slowly drowned.

You are all human garbage and you all deserve to fucking rot in hell.

I don't think anybody here is trying to appear callous. We just understand that this is all part and parcel of sailing on an ocean.

The bigger the ship is the less it can do to give way. I'm sure there are lots of laws saying a train must stop if the driver sees someone standing or stopped on the track ahead, the question is, can he stop? Who's to blame if it doesn't?

Unlike a train, a ship can maneuver, and since if a watch is maintained you should see that you may have a collision issue while KM from each other you get in contact with the other ship, indicate you will be changing course a few degrees, wait till they confirm, then pass behind them.

Isn't it delightful?

kys dirty nigger

Now I understand the streyan joke "the front fell off".

>blocks your path

Nobody here but us trees.

They were in a sea though.

That's what you get from interfering with rice trade, the most precious east asian commodity.

Get a taste of the most powerful race

>trees blocking the path of a destroyer

It's possible.