Did Ceaser deserve it?

Did Ceaser deserve it?

He took a democracy and made it into a dictatorship. His children ruined Rome and killed his friends.

Also why did the protestors think Julius Ceaser was a good play to oppose Trump? Ceaser is a good guy and the people that killed him are the bad guys

2/10 slide thread, spell Caesar correctly. Saged and hidden

He was a salad dressing dude you idiot

>he made democracy into dictatorship
It was already an oligarchy at that point.
>His children ruined Rome and killed his friends.
His only son was strangled to death at 17, before he came to any power. Please change your flag before posting, you embarrass me.

Adopted son

jews backstabbed him.

>Adopted son
It's not adoption when you get Cleopatra pregnant.

Talking about Octavius

He forgave people that rebelled against him. And instead of a full blown rebellion they just assassinated him the next time.

JC suffered the natural consequences of his actions.

I know. I'm talking about Caesarion. Also, wtf are you talking abut Octavius "ruining the empire"? Augustus Caesar is considered the high point of the empire.

He took a Republic corrupted to the core and turned it into a populist regime. He was allegedly just and loved by the people, but certainly not so much by the senate, i.e., the deep state of the time, who conspired to get rid of him.

Ended the triumvirate consolidating power

Made gross amounts of welfare spending while slashing taxes taking money away from the military, because the largest Empire surely won't need that.

Sabotaged foreign relations.

Cut taxes.

In the end he was basically a modern day democrat. Gave the people a lot of shiny things to keep their favor and did not think about the future to which his successors take the blame

Ofc not, Brutus deserved the ass-kicking he got from Antonius, he made the Republic even greater and eventually it became an Empire under Augustus.

It has been argued that the republic was ruined since the gracchi brothers tried to institute their reforms

He took democracy and made it something efficient and useful. He died at the hands of traitors, but his legacy was one of the most powerful empires in history.

he singlehandedly gave the state of rome another 400 years of life

>became an Empire under Augustus
You mean the guy that just sat in Rome until it was time to kill or drive out his equals?

Augustus was truly an honorable man

/thread

Caesar and Augustus were geniuses; not only were they one of the best military commanders in history; they preserved the empire, established reforms, and made the empire the powerhouse it was known to be.

Unfortunately, Augustus's successors fucked everything up, but they were finally saved by the Five Good Emperors

desu the history of julius caesar was written by those who killed him
>just like the history of ww2 was written by globalists and jews
>just like the history of trump timeline will be written by liberals if they win
>deported 6 million immigrants
>destroyed 6 million jobs
>burned 6 million tons of coal

>Rome
>Democracy

It was a notoriously corrupt oligarchic republic, especially in places like Sicily

Caesar wanted absolute power. His nephew Augustus was much cleverer, and allowed the Senate to influence policy. In 33 BC he started what became known as the Principate, probably the best era of Roman civilization

I'd take Caesar or Augustus over the Senate any day. Much better leadership

>Also why did the protestors think Julius Ceaser was a good play to oppose Trump? Ceaser is a good guy and the people that killed him are the bad guys

Julius Caeser was a populist who destroyed the Republic with widespread support from the people while making himself an enemy of the political class who ultimately assassinate him.

There are definite parallels to Trump in so far as his populism and adversarial relationship with the political class go and if you're a hyperbolic liberal then you probably suspect there's a parallel in him turning the republic into a dictatorship too.

I voted for Trump; but I can see the artistic merit in it. Its definitely smarter than larping as a jihadist with an effigy of his severed head.

>Ceaser is a good guy and the people that killed him are the bad guys

I don't think labeling either side as good or bad is particularly accurate. Julius Caeser was a very strong leader who made the empire stronger than it had been before; but he also turned it into a dictatorship. Whether that was a net positive or a net negative for the Roman Empire is debatable.