How embarassing is this shit?

fox5sandiego.com/2017/06/17/bodies-of-missing-sailors-found-in-flooded-compartments-of-damaged-destroyer/

How does this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KvRYd8U7qGY
nytimes.com/1981/04/11/world/japanese-ship-sinks-in-collision-with-us-atom-sub.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehime_Maru_and_USS_Greeneville_collision
nytimes
archive.is/64ZlC
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Has there been any word on how an advanced US destroyer managed to let a Filipino cargo ship catch it with its pants down?

shouldnt they be able to hold their breathe long enough?

>How does this happen?
like this
youtube.com/watch?v=KvRYd8U7qGY

That was cringeworhty. The original audio is better.

amerifat sailors were to busy sucking each other off

Did the US lose a destroyer attacking an uninhabited island in WW2?

US Navy has always been retarded, look up the Melbourne-Evans collision.

US Destroyers just think they are invincible. Ive worked with them before and they are cocky as shit. Never asses risks properly and dont keep the standing orders of foreign fleet members on deck. All of them wankers.

Source: im an Australian Naval lieutenant commander

Hope you told DSEC you browse Sup Forums m8. Last thing pussers needs is a subversive 2 1/2 arount...

>Trumpf navy destroyed by merchant ship

tip top kek

>have an advance state of the art radar technology
>still fucking gets rammed by the strongest race

top kek.

everyone in the navy has small dicks.
i went to navy bootcamp and saw for myself btw

(((Merchant ship)))

You are an absolute idiot to be judging penis size of guys while in the shower/bathroom while soft. Half the guys you thought had small dicks are bigger than your cock when actually hard you moron.

Why are you staring at guys cocks anyway in the first place? Fucking faggot.

This has 'BlackOp gone bad' written all over it. The "Sailors" were probably CIA assets with a mission that failed, and the collision and suicides were a cover.

Another burger failure

This is what I can;t understand. The AEGIS system is supposed to cover 360 degrees out to 200 miles or something. There's no way you'd just miss another ship on radar, and there's always someone at the CIC. Was the radar operator literally asleep?

Are there women on the ship? It's cursed.

Probably some dumb spic hitting on some 3/10 boat goat. Blinded by sea goggles.

See

I hope they ban the merchant assault ships.

cuz of mericunts are so dumb.

There's better ways for a coverup than to damage a 2 billion dollar ship and make international headlines and launch a military inquiry that could last years.

The container ship had the right of way

It was also quite a small feeder ship, about 3000 TEU, in comparison to the modern 20,000+ TEU behemoths.

The US shipbuilding industry is cucked to the extreme, the protectionist Jones Act has keep it artificially alive but it is in no way relevant in the world stage.
Even a small vessel built in Japan can just destroy a high-end US-built warship that costs a hundred times more to build at a shitty shipyard in Philladelphia or something.

Black Ops gone bad? Suicides? What the fuck are you talking about? Are you suggesting that the dead bodies are CIA assets and they placed their bodies there and then crashed a destroyer into a merchant ship to cover it up? That's fucking stupid, it's a crew of 300, I'm sure everyone knows exactly who is missing and if seven random bodies popped up people would start asking questions, fast.

you trigger mericunts kek

Can only speak for Aussie Navy, but I would assume it's similar in the USN. In addition to sensores, there's supposed to be lookouts on both bridge wings 24/7 as well as in other positions around the ship. Unless it was extremely foggy or the mecrhant wasn't running any nav lights, not seeing a huge fucking cargo ship is inexcusable.

Cargo ship also should have had lookouts too, but it wouldn't be nearly as manoeuvrable as the warship.

GLORIOUS NIPPON CARGO STACKED OVER 1000 TIMES MERCHANT SHIP SHARP AS KATANA GET OUT AMERICAN DOG

is it really that much of a surprise? trump is orchestrating the mass drowning of niggers left and right

I was on a carrier, but I remember people being stationed around the ship with sound-powered phones and binoculars. It gets dark as shit out there at night, so I'm not sure they would be able to see it if the ship wasn't running with Nav lights.

But this situation is so fucked. Like, was the entire crew fucking sleeping?

Well, now we know our ships can just be fucking rammed and won't even fire shots.

Japs getting revenge

nytimes.com/1981/04/11/world/japanese-ship-sinks-in-collision-with-us-atom-sub.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehime_Maru_and_USS_Greeneville_collision

>unarchived shill

>nytimes com/1981/04/11/world/japanese-ship-sinks-in-collision-with-us-atom-sub.html
archive.is/64ZlC

Which ship is it revenge for? Kumano? Gotta be one fucked by a destroyer.

>How embarassing is this shit?
VERY FUCKING EMBARRASSING - VERY

kek kek

Maybe all they crew members was negroes that couldn't swam.

I would hate to be stationed on this ship. You just fucking know as soon as you get to port everyone onboard is in fucking trouble. Jesus fucking Christ everyone in the Navy is going to be feeling the ramifications of this. Fucking death by powerpoint and countless training hours. Fucking officers and chiefs are going to be cracking down HARD on the entire fleet for the next five years making sure no one slips up a little.

kek

There really should be no reason for anything to even get within a km or 2 of the ship, right? I don't know what standard operation procedure is, but what are you supposed to do when another ship gets too close?

When I was in GMT it was an understood courtesy not to be looking down at other guys privates. Dont remember it happening once and I would be surprised if Americans were different. They got a name for you boys.

Payback is bitch.

That's the real tragedy of shit like this (apart from the poor bastards that lost their lives). In the public's eye, "the Navy" fucked up, and it reflects badly on everybody. The effect on morale is fucking horrendous. Too early to say what happened, but by the look of it some muppet senior officer(s) fucked up and now every sailor will suffer for it.

The Twitter phenomenon that tweet spawned was off the hook.

Cunts need to listen to their pipes

Paella is better than Tacos, but do you see us shitposting about it?

I was stationed on a Destroyed for 3 years and did a 7-month deployment in the South China Sea. Chinese fishing vessels were constantly playing chicken with us. They know we can't fire on them because it would create an international incident. I imagine this was just another game of chicken where the bridge thought they weren't going to take anyone's shit.

It was in a heavy shipping lane, but I worked in the plant so I know fuckall about the operating procedures when it comes to navigation. The only thing I can think of is that the person in charge of making sure you don't crash into shit wasn't paying attention, and everyone else that noticed something was wrong didn't say anything because they assumed that the person who was SUPPOSED to be paying attention was playing Angry Birds. I could see the lookouts being like, "huh...that ship is getting awfully close. But it's okay because we would have turned if it was a problem". I'm pretty fucking sure that's how they bombed the USS Cole, the lookout was thinking that no one in their right mind would approach the ship if they weren't supposed to.

I can just imagine if I was still in. I would know that I'm somehow going to be getting in trouble for this even though I've never even been on a Destroyer or up on the bridge. It's going to be fucking bad for the enlisted.

The bad part is the fucking joke is literally ruined in the title.

When it comes down to brass tacks, the more manoeuvrable ship should be taking every effort to ensure the collision doesn't happen. Cargo ships can take a few miles to turn or stop. Comparatively, a warship can turn on a dime.

>How embarassing is this shit?
Very.
it was hard to see

yes every day

>How does this happen?
a minority or female fell asleep on guard duty

kek

All your base are belong to us.
You will be assmutilated

You're gay dude for looking at other guys dicks hahahahaha, i bet you sucked some you fag.

~30,000 tons at merchant ship speed is a LOT of inertia. Don't know if this is the Aluminum Navy boat I've heard of.

>I could see the lookouts being like, "huh...that ship is getting awfully close. But it's okay because we would have turned if it was a problem"
And that's why we need corporal punishment back.
A lookout that's not doing his job needs to get a good beating at the least, possibly death, then suddenly they'll be paying attention.

Five bucks says it was a light skinned spic, someone with the last name Alvarez or Urbina or something.
>Petty Officer Third Class Carlos Garcia-Hernandez was found to be responsible for the tragic collision...

Just you watch

Can someone with more knowledge of naval operations than me do a point-by-point rundown of some scenario that would've let this happen? Doesn't have to be what actually happened, just something that's theoretically possible, because I've got nothing.

I bet the jews were behind this

Better, sure, but can you think of any more expensive ways to do it?
This way, all the right people get their pockets greased.

Bro I don't even think the Navy knows what the fuck happened yet. None of us were on the ship when it happened, and the Navy hasn't even begun its fact finding yet.

Uhhh ... no

Yeah, that's why I'm saying I don't need details on "this is what happened" just some made up shit that fit the criteria of "this is what could have happened." I'm asking for baseless speculation because I seriously cannot conceive on any chain of events that would have led to a collision like this.

> Rams and sinks HMAS Voyager
> Rams and sinks USS Frank E. Evans

More like HMAS Melbourne was crewed by a collection of mad cunts

Something made up? The Captain said he was going to his stateroom for the night, so everyone on the entire ship for some reason thought that meant that whole crew had to go to bed. So they all got up, turned off all their monitors, clicked off the lights, told the lookouts to pack it up and everyone went to the berthing to sleep as the Destroyer just glided aimlessly through the pitchblack night until it collided with a merchant ship.

This is literally the only thing I can think of that would cause this. That or some sort of sleeping gas was released on the bridge incapacitating everyone on watch.

Just to be clear
>Whoever was in charge of keeping the ship from colliding with other ships was jerking off/shitposting on reddit
>All of his subordinates assumed he knew what he was doing because of how obvious the incoming tanker was
>Anybody else who realized what was going on assumed the lookout crew was dealing with it already
>Destroyer gets BTFO
I could see that happening. I want to think it's incredibly unlikely (every single person involved in preventing this kind of stuff would've had to assumed someone else was dealing with it) and I'd really like to see whoever's job it actually was to prevent this fined for the full value of the ship my tax dollars helps pay for, but I could see it happening.

Thanks user.

> Japanese built ship
> Filipino crew

Sorry Shlomo but you simply don't have the size and determination to become a naval power. You even had to guilt trip the Germans into giving you free U-boats. Then again why would any sane Jew walk into an air-tight object of German origin?

The crew is CIA too

One honest question:

How can two objects that big and not that fast slam into each other in a place where there is absolutely nothing to block their view?

Well it did happen at night, and night out at sea is pitch fucking black. So were both ships running without any lights on? Was radar fucked up? Was it intentional?

Any sailor that has spent time on the bridge of a warship knows they are not there to make decisions. The Office of the Watch receives ALL information about what's going on around the ship, and has a responsibility to navigate the ship safely. Not sure of the limits in the USN, but in the RAN, any course deviation over 5 degrees needs the captains approval, 24/7.

Will be interesting to hear the recordings of what went on on the bridge in the lead-up to the collision.

Don't know about the cargo ship but the US destroyer carried some of the world's most advanced radars. How did they fuck that up?

Cargo ships take a LONG time to turn, and when you're dealing with the military of a foreign government intel is going to be pretty shoddy. You should still be able to avoid other ships, but sensors get fucky and turning is really hard.

As for the warship, as I understand it, there's pretty much no excuse. Unless something was malfunctioning HARD and the cargo ship was also trying its best to be completely undetectable the collision could've been avoided.

Bridge on most container ships is right down the back. Maybe 200-250 meters of containers stacked high up to the forecastle. They can have a huge blind spot for up to a mile in front of them. The warship, however...

Well I'd imagine there are operating procedures to make some sort of emergency breakaway without needing the COs permission. Still, wtf was the OOW doing? I read somewhere that this happened after the CO hit his rack. What I still don't know is did they have warning before they hit, or did everyone think everything was okay until they struck?

I don't know many. That's not what I did in the Navy. The Australian officer would know more about that than me. I can't imagine things are done too differently in our Navies.

*Hi my name is CDR Bension and welcome to jack ass*

>Its free
I think i made it clear enough.

POI

Paella is GOAT though tbqh

Hey thanks for the explanation

They didn't even have people on deck looking out at the sea? It's just mind boggling.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

PIGS

Was he the CO or the XO? The article I'm reading right now keeps using both interchangeably.

They probably did, but see:
Something clearly went very wrong, we don't know what, but it's almost definitely the fault of someone or something aboard that destroyer. My mind's pretty fucking boggled too.

Do they navigate by radar or sight? I would like to know more about modern seafaring.

>Will be interesting to hear the recordings of what went on on the bridge in the lead-up to the collision.

That island was fucking ruthless dude

Discuss.

The CO

It doesn't feel. It doesn't sleep. It doesn't care about right or wrong.

All it does is archive. Hunt and archive.

You were staring at dudes dicks all day in the navy?

they should sink it just so the captain can go down with it

>Fucking officers and chiefs are going to be cracking down HARD on the entire fleet for the next five years making sure no one slips up a little.

I mean dems the breaks an all, but you really can't have this kind of shit happening. Ever.

That sounds like a pretty good summary of what I think happened. If that's actually what happened, it's going to make the Navy rethink how they get people qualified to stand watch. On my ship our Captain was pretty fucking serious about keeping people on their toes. He would purposely walk around and fuck with shit, or be in areas where he shouldn't be without proper PPE and no one would want to say something to him because he's the fucking captain. After about five minutes of him fiddling with gauges and doing dumb shit we would get up in your face so fast because you were too much of a bitch to challenge him. He broke that mentality of assuming your superiors always knew what the fuck they were doing so you could be lax.

I smell a PROC intelligence officer.

yea that last part sounds kinda fishy to me too