Redpill me on nuclear power - France is saying it is beautiful

youtube.com/watch?v=pEj5LJqxbjs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D3rL08J7fDA
nextbigfuture.com/2017/04/china-completes-tests-on-reactor-pressure-vessel-for-first-new-version-of-a-domestic-nuclear-reactor-design.html
newsweek.com/putin-hails-chernobyl-rescue-heroes-30-years-452588
large.stanford.edu/courses/2015/ph241/holloway1/docs/SI-v10-I1_Kesler.pdf
newsweek
archive.is/btnRu
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nuclear is totally safe.

It's beautiful.

Just buy shit from us Hans, don't ask questions

Nuclear energy is great.

nuclear is the most efficient source of enery that we currently have.
it's leagues ahead of solar, water or wind.
IT gets bad press because ofthe cold war and incidents such as chernobyl.

In truth there is good and bad nuclear.
The safer version costs much more to research but produces the same as the unsafe.

SO humans being humans, we often go for the cheapest easiest solution which fucks everyone over in the long run.

Coal is best.

MAGA

France thinks Africans are beautiful. the only nuclear France should have, should be detonated 100ft above Paris

France is saying diversity and refugees are beautiful.

Why don't we put nuclear power stations underground?

Nuclear is part of white genocide

we should fund construction of a nuclear power station every 20 miles in africa and then suddenly all get up and leave when we power them up

>Redpill me on nuclear power
If you believe carbon dioxide is bad, nuclear is the least ecologically damage, CO2 free baseload power source.

Sounds like with a lot in common, Angela

It really is.

I can't, the redpill shit would be stretching truth at best.

Nuclear power should be the future.

Pisses me off in 'berta. We have a lot of uranium we can mine in this province, but people are still pussies about it.

The coal we burn for power is actually the biggest radioactive health risk here in this province, just a fact of life when you burn it.

I think politicians across the political spectrum still think it is political suicide to even suggest a nuclear future. Plebs be ignorant.

Thorium reactors are one of the safest and most efficient types of energy sources, however it is suppressed by the fossil fuel industry/government and will never see the light of day.

youtube.com/watch?v=D3rL08J7fDA

>thorium
Not this bullshit again.

It is.

FYI - China basically just asked Oak Ridge Lads for their research papers on molten salt reactors.... Now guess what China is making a Thorium reactor nextbigfuture.com/2017/04/china-completes-tests-on-reactor-pressure-vessel-for-first-new-version-of-a-domestic-nuclear-reactor-design.html

You think when China is all done here they are just going to let anyone else use their tech? Not a hope, within 20 years we will all be out on bended knee asking pretty please can we have some of that safe cheap energy.

Thorium is real and if we dont get moving China will own our asses.

why do french have such a low standard of english? Same shit here in Canada, the English have to perfect the french accent to get qualified, but the french can just mumble some bullshit english to get a pass.

Horseshit,
Oil doesnt go towards electricity and will be around long after electric cars, plastics and argoculture arent going anywhere.

Nuclear power necessitates a communist authoritarian future where no matter how anyone feels about it, all life must revolve around waste material.

No surprise the French love it.

>67 percent of US electricity is generated using fossil fuels (oil included).
>Oil doesn't go towards electricity.

FFIIDF (fossil fuel industry internet defense force) pls go.

>Oil is 1% of total energy production

U wut mate?

The last smart decision taken by France.

The best choice. No more oil from sandniggers, very safe and environmentally friendly

>pls tell me exactly what to think and believe in, so I can be an independet free thinker

Stop destroying the planet you fucking barbarians.

cooling

>Okuu posting in nuclear thread
I love you user

not really
there is only good, very good and extremely good in nuclear

good: efficient, green, high volume energy
very good: a step towards nuclear weaponry research, guaranteeing your country's sovereignty (assuming you're past the installation phase, you're a major target while that's happening though)
extremely good: area denial in case of enemy invasion (just blow it up)

Yes it is beautiful.

Maybe should finish those gen3 EPR reactors first...

>perfect the French accent to get qualified

I call bullshit, never saw a non native speaking French properly. Hell even French canadians can't speak it properly.

English has many more phonems and also many important diphtongues which the French language is devoid of.

Most French people understand English very well and can write English just as well.

But talking the language is just really really akward for us.

youtu.be/kVOxyBDqD1k

This video sums it all up. Turn on subtitles.

>Most French people understand English very well and can write English just as well.

BULLLLLLLLLLSHIT

It is that how Germany gambles away the one thing that makes us competative in this world. Our technoaffinity and scientific power.
Just going away from nuclear power will leave us standed at some point.

We could but it's unnecessary. Cooling is easy regardless and doesn't require a river.

>Japanese reactors
>white genocide

>Most French people understand English very well and can write English just as well.

True

Also english classes in France are terrible.

>PUTIN: CHERNOBYL DISASTER SHOULD SERVE AS A LESSON TO THE WORLD

newsweek.com/putin-hails-chernobyl-rescue-heroes-30-years-452588

>The Vulnerability of Nuclear Facilities to Cyber Attack

large.stanford.edu/courses/2015/ph241/holloway1/docs/SI-v10-I1_Kesler.pdf

>The United States possesses more space weaponry than any other country

Europe is full of idiots and will denuclearize. Modern nukes are great. Our naval nukes run fine in difficult conditions, and Democrats support those. The left fights nukes to support big coal, oil, and gas.

Always archive
>newsweek com/putin-hails-chernobyl-rescue-heroes-30-years-452588
archive.is/btnRu

That's just a regular PWR reactor.

Nuclear will save the world

>PUTIN: CHERNOBYL DISASTER SHOULD SERVE AS A LESSON TO THE WORLD

What are you implying? That Putin and Russia are anti-nuclear?

They're one of the biggest promoter and exporter of nuclear technology in the world.

>That Putin and Russia are anti-nuclear?

that's one way to put it

I'm implying that Putin will hack and destroy nuclear power plants all over the Western world to the extent he is able, in the next war

>I'm implying that Putin will hack and destroy nuclear power plants

The computers of the control system are not hooked up to any network.
You'd have to install the malware by intruding into the power plant and gaining access to the computers.

Join #nupol at https ://webchat. freenode.net

Because all that the world needs is free potato energy.

Nuclear power fusion in particular is the energy source of the future, IF it can be pulled off. Fission is still one of the best sources of energy, people saying it dangerous and that OMG CHERNOLBLY!!!11!! Have no idea what they are talking about.

Every time nuclear went wrong, a human caused the problem.
Chernobyl = breach of protocol during testing
Fukushima = poorly maintained bulwarks and inadequate design for the region

Some people mention nuclear proliferation, I reply with thorium which can't be turned into a weapon.
Then they mention nuclear waste, I reply with thorium because the reaction consumes nuclear waste.
Lastly they mention meltdowns and expect explosions, I reply with thorium being unable to meltdown due to the lower temperature. Hell it doesn't even need a cooling tower.

We don't have those reactors because there are design flaws which have never been rectified due to a lack of interest and thus a lack of budget.
Also big oil wouldn't want to lose its position as a supplier for power plants, and ecomentalists think all nuclear power plants can cause armageddon so it will never be a popular choice.

That said it isn't as good as fusion, which is still in early and commercially unviable stages.

The real reason we don't use Thorium is because it's fuel cannot be weaponized. Every other reason is a convenient excuse.

France has a good way to do it.

They re-refine partially spent fuel on site, and dispose of far less waste than those who dont.

The U.S. stores partially spent fuel in pools until it can be transported to a refi wry for reconditioning. But then the plants cant get transport permits because "what if train accidentally?" So the fuel sits in storage pools and costs money for cooling and yada yada.

If people don't cheap out on reconditioning fuel and plant builders dont fuck over the public with shitty materials and illegal labor, it would be awesome.

But you know how that goes.

Inb4 Jew- I'm here for work from Freedomland. Fuck yourself with a spent reactor fuel rod.

>Some people mention nuclear proliferation, I reply with thorium which can't be turned into a weapon.

Light water reactors are already proliferation proof. The Plutonium in their spent fuel is useless for nuclear weapons.

Why do you think the US had no problems with Iran operating a LWR at it's Bushehr nuclear power plant during the negotiations about it's nuclear program?
Hell, we even offered LWRs to North Korea during the 90s to get them to stop their nuclear weapons program.