Life Without A Tribe

Are there any examples of a person living alone without outside help? On Joe Rogan podcast #975 his guest says a human cannot survive by themselves. Does anyone have any interesting info that might suggest otherwise?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Thomas_Knight
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agafia_Lykova
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/122023099/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_McCandless
youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss
theguardian.com/uk/2008/oct/28/scotland
archive.is/cVzux
cnn.com/2014/01/17/world/asia/japan-philippines-ww2-soldier-dies/index.html
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonne_Järvelä
smithsonianmag.com/history/for-40-years-this-russian-family-was-cut-off-from-all-human-contact-unaware-of-world-war-ii-7354256/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lykov_family
youtube.com/watch?v=igzklzQrRQA
hermitary.com/lore/selkirk.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Guess I had better bump it while I am here.

Yeah, there was a thread a month or so ago on here about some guy who dropped out of society and lived in the woods for years. He regularly raided vacant mountain vacation homes and campgrounds for supplies and hadn't directly interacted with another human being for decades.

Don't remember his name though

there was one guy living in the woods for 15 years in fucking new hampshire or something

there's the fucker

The North Pond Hermit. Very interesting story, but I mean alone without burgling people. Do these people exist, could one do it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agafia_Lykova

This woman was born in the Taiga, and still survives, but had family initially.

Maybe read about ted kacinzky

there was a jap that lived by himself after world war 2 and he didn't even have toiler paper

Japanese soldiers who survived alone on islands in the pacific after ww2. There was a Russian family that lived in isolation for decades and didn't know the cold war had ended or some shit. There are several anchorites/hermits in the eastern orthodox tradition I recall there being some documentaries on. The main thing is a mental desire and feeling of purpose. Monks,soldiers, and people who think they are under siege will continue on while others who lose hope end up in despair.

Oh, I have read almost all of Uncle Ted's stuff, but he was basically on neetbux as his mother sent him cash every month.

Hiroo Oneida I believe. Stole from filippino villagers though, so not quite solo.

of course people can survive on their own. Its been done since the dawn of man. Its just less so now because there is a lot more people on the planet .So youre bound to run in to someone.

survivalists are a thing.

I believe, brother. Just looking for examples for case study. By their very nature they would be illusive, but who knows?

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/122023099/

having autism helps

Not solo, just a parasite.

tell that to people that live in Alaska.

Hermits are recorded all throughout history.

Without outside help? Heimo Korth, for instance, basically has to spend his life trapping and selling it for dollars to survive.

Maybe Ted Kaczyński?

Food is for the weak

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_McCandless

A person can live alone. It's possible, it'd just be miserable and hand to mouth.

be high in introversion and low in agreeableness maybe, like why did evolution create us?

extrovert + low agreeableness = criminal
introvert + low agreeableness = living alone in the woods

youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

Richard Proenneke comes close.

His bro flew supplies in multiple times a year. Regardless, he is pretty cool and interesting.

Your supposed to find another introvert+low agreeableness person who happens to have a vagina and then go live in the woods together shooting out new spergs every few years

I'd prefer to live alone in a not so remote part of any country that would allow me to earn money and not have to interact with a lot of people.

maybe this stems from a boiling point of being sick and tied of people and having to constantly choke down disgust at their degeneracy just to interact as a necessity for work.

Im at a loss of what profession would allow this lifestyle without acquiring significant debt in reeducating myself.

I'm not talking about full blown hermit. I'd prefer to not hear or see my neighbors, have internet and utilities and purchase and have delivered a large percentage of things I need.

Why would you do that though?
Division of labor is a evolutionary preferred trait, doing all by yourself is less effective
Not to mention that humans evolved as a group/tribal species

I can get the doing all by yourself vibe, but I think it is more of a self inflicted burden. Even considering dropping out of society is basically just that

As for more recommendations, Im just gonna assume you read Robinson Crusoe
The way of Men by Jack Donovan somewhat touches on the subject and is overall a very interesting and important read

Extroversion/introversion doesn't even mean that you like social stuff or not dumbass. Educate yourself.

did you even check out what the words means?
two people with low agreeableness would not work together. i think two introverted also is pretty bad

same goes for you, your wrong

OP can only bump after ten minutes

>He regularly raided vacant mountain vacation homes and campgrounds for supplies and hadn't directly interacted with another human being for decades

Yeah there was even a movie about him if I remember correctly. The point is that this guy couldn't have had survived had he not had access to man-made goods.

leopard man. he lived on an island in the uk by himself for 20 years but i think he still got food from somewhere.

theguardian.com/uk/2008/oct/28/scotland

Clickbaiters into archive
archive.is/cVzux

I'm going hardcore isolation in the next spring. I saved up about $35K and I am planing on buying a plot of land with a well in the midwest and a small tow trailer that I can modify.

I am planning on growing a 1/4 acre of vegetables, mostly potatoes, and some dwarf fruit / nut trees. Also breed rabbits.

14:36:52
14:37:18
calle calle

I would like to have seen montana

Of course it can be done it's not easy though. Requires substantial knowledge and willpower to let go off material possessions and family.

look what solitary does

Montana has some really nice areas, unfortunately they are mostly national parks. 99% of the land you can buy there is flat savanna.

>Christopher Thomas Knight (born 7 December 1965), also known as the North Pond Hermit, is a former hermit who lived almost without human contact for 27 years in the woods in Maine.[1]

>Knight lived in a crude camp positioned in a particularly dense and unforgiving part of old growth forest in central Maine, yet was within about a mile of summer cabins throughout his entire hermitage. Because he entered the woods with almost no possessions, his camp was composed entirely of items stolen from nearby cabins and camps. He survived by committing approximately 1,000 burglaries against houses in the area, at a rate of approximately 40 per year.[2]

That jap guy that lived in an island that never got the news about the war ending.

There was a similar story I Guam if I recall

You can survive alone for long periods of time here is an article on someone who did.
cnn.com/2014/01/17/world/asia/japan-philippines-ww2-soldier-dies/index.html

christopher knight

Stealing man made shit from people who bring it nearby doesnt sound like not relying on others with no help.

Watch the first 3 seasons of the TV show Alone. They leave a bunch of people in the woods alone and they have to survive. They tap out due to injuries, starvation, and being alone and missing people.

Of course humans can ''survive'' alone. But to live a meaningful life? That's what he's meaning. Listening right now at JRE#975. This guy is great. Spot on.

I think humans will return to tribes. The time of individualism has to end one day. There's simply no reason to work purely for oneself,.

of course you *can* survive, but without a woman or kids, you're probably not going to want to. It's a ton of draining hard work, and what's the point in that case?

Yeah but he died though, so it doesn't really count

Jonne must know, finns are acustic and used to live alone in the forrest if needed

>„Als ich in Lappland gelebt habe, habe ich wirklich mitten im Wald gewohnt
>"When I lived in Lapland, I really lived in the middle of the forest

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonne_Järvelä

Funny how the article is the longest in german compared to english and finnish

>russian family

Actually they were born even earlier. A russian tsar persecuted a religious christian sect of which the family was part of. A newly wed couple retreated into the Siberian wilderness because of the persecution. They lived for over 50 years in small hut and gave birth to 1 boy and 2 or 3 girls. The commies found the family in the '50s or '60s. The kids talked a slightly different kind of Russian and the son used to hunt for miles every day. Barefoot. Unfortunately after the commies found the family they got all kind of nasty diseases they weren't immunized against and only 1 daughter survived the encounter and stayed living in a new shack closer to a Siberian town all by herself. I think she even survived the SU. Will try to find a source.

I've a hypothesis that Finnish hunter-gatherer tribes were smaller or less in contact with foreign tribes and our genetics make us less social. Don't know.

But living alone? No people lived completely alone in non-modern times. We need to return to tribes.

smithsonianmag.com/history/for-40-years-this-russian-family-was-cut-off-from-all-human-contact-unaware-of-world-war-ii-7354256/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lykov_family
good read honestly.

Excellent thanks for confirmation and correction. I recalled the story but forgot the details but always found it fascinating.

/ourtrapper/
youtube.com/watch?v=igzklzQrRQA

There was that one guy who lived alone in the woods for decades and go arrested one day for breaking into a cabin to steal some books cause he loved reading.

You can absolutely survive alone.

I have not read either of those but I shall.

I know the rule now. Ty.

Circumstance, I believe. Tenzin Palmo spent 12 years in isolated buddhist retreat, and survived. I hear what you are saying, though.

This was the inspiration for my post.

Guy is a Canadian legend. Grandpa said more people were rooting for him than the RCMP at teh time.

That was burglary #1000 or so, according to him.

This guy is the only guy I know of.

hermitary.com/lore/selkirk.html