Could we please have an architecture shame thread in which we point and laugh at various countries for having shitty...

Could we please have an architecture shame thread in which we point and laugh at various countries for having shitty looking buildings

pic is walkie talkie building, London

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Gehry
youtube.com/watch?v=hlRNO8xcrgU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

and why is this on /pol? is this fuckin politics or current events mate? fuck off is it so get tae fuck.

Not OP, but architecture (and art in general) is intensely political. The only reason that buildings like that exist is because there was a deliberate and ideologically driven complete rejection of the past

So does that mean weare going to start getting buildings that have minarets alongside mud huts???

It looks its hiding a megazord inside

The modern world lacking soul, it being reflected in art, and architecture absolutely is Sup Forums material.

That's pretty good looking.

It looks like it was built to come down.

IIRC, because this building has curved glass, it burned parked cars on the street by focusing the sun like a magnifying glass.

pic: bottle opener building in Shanghai

That looks pretty good, don't be autistic

it looks horrible and it's an insult to all of european history

We should bring back traditional architecture that connects people to the ways of their ancestors. I want ky country to be beautiful, and part of its beauty involved the buildings contructed on it. Why would I fight and die for something that I have no connection with or respect for?

it's literally just a gigantic desktop PC.

Such an eyesore in an otherwise beautiful city. It's almost as if it was built to mock it's surroundings.

Why does it have a handle? Who is going to pick up a building that big?

It is literally a dragon hole.

I'm all for making art schools and the like look unique, but this looks like a pencil holder made by a first grader for Father's Day.

Another building in Shanghai. It looks like something from an 80s anime depicting the future. Very gross

air conditioner

Looks like a stack of anal beads

Jews are giving weapons for when Angels come to kill us all.

Taipei 101, former world's tallest building

JUST FUCK MY CITY UP SENPAI

dumb kek

someone post the pants building

its like a fat man wearing a skyscraper costume

That's just fucking tragic

It looks retarded and cartoonish

Tallest building(s) in Malaysia

im just going down the wiki list of the tallest skyscrapers. There's lots of ugly ones from asia

always remind me of catherine z jones ass

approved

Everything designed by Will Alsop looks like absolute trash.

A stupid Spanish telephone company made this in my city (Santiago, Chile) fucking ruined a beautiful and European style area. AGH!

This is art and this is what true nationalism looks like

I like skyscrapers, as long as they're placed in one part of the city, and not spread out everywhere.

Jews have poor spatial reasoning yet still saturate architecture.

Looks like a sci-fi parasite.

Now that's impressive and a testimate to high Chinese spacial reasoning.

capitalism*

From Kuwait

I wonder (((who))) is mocking us ?

Nah that's actually pretty cool precisely because Doesn't ruin the church and is actually a nice implementation to it

That actually doesn't look bad at all. I'd be more ashamed about the glass dildo.

yuck

Anyone that lives in the I-4 corridor knows that this building has been under construction for literally 10+ years. It's some Christian church's building that they started building solely off of donations, and swears that it will be finished by the end of 2017. It sticks out like a sore thumb in a city just 15 miles from downtown Orlando, and when the sun hits it from a certain angle, the reflection hurts your eyes as you're driving on I-4. It's an unfinished piece of shit.

Oh did this one burn down too?

BTFO!

Fuck off reddit

Someone call to the right wing safety squads

Safety first!!

Fuji television building, Tokyo

no comment

power ranger base

Thats pretty cool

I heard that this fag just builds as he gets money..

t. 386fag

what does pol think of alien architecture

Moscow's new skyscrapers

Looks like a weak attempt to make something like Pavillon Le Corbusier.
Yes, Deconstructivism is cancer, no exceptions.
This is a nice one really. Modern and yet traditional.

Here is Ostankino television tower in Moscow. Shit looks like an alien tentacle.

>Because of 9/11 we added a hole at the top so that planes will just go right through it

>That's alright cause its anime tier

NIMBY fags are garbage, but if this was in my hood I would fight my balls off to get that eyesore out of it.

gross. The way that sphere isn't perfectly in the center of one of the pillars is upsetting

Here's a building called "The elephant building"

the premise was kinda cool, the execution is garbage.

Surprised no one has posted the UFO yet

what does pol think about dutch architecture?

In fact Chinese do holes in scyscrapers so that a dragon can fly through it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Gehry

This has a mooselamby feel to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=hlRNO8xcrgU

Architectural trollism at its best

Typical British shopping mall

Is this the building that melts cars because of the concave mirrored surface?

I like this one desu

Petersburg has Dutch-inspired architecture, I like it.

It's clearly a chicken

>Barad-dûr

another famous anime-tier building

Bratislava razed 10% of their old town to build this ugly piece of shit during the commie era

What's it like being part of the problem?
Blissfully ignorant?

Looks like a terrible fucking computer tower, what is this shit lmao

It looks like a sideways tampon...

His taste is garbage. if he wanted to show how rich he was, he could just fill up the place with rare pepes

RIP Wizardmon [spoiler];_;

It's perfectly balanced. If the sphere was right in the centre it would look much duller.

Those fucking filenames

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

It's called "the razor" in London

>build something to attract skateboarders

I like this one, not great, but not an eyesore

>Russian Jewish parents
Wow yet another (((Coincidence)))

lol

I like it, the old windmills are nice senpai.

This thing is fucking hideous.

these are nice and modern

Is that the one that melts cars?

That isn't even a horrible design. It's just way to fucking big for it's surroundings. If it was as tall as the buildings next to it, it would look okay

nah m8 that's a bottle opener