GamerGate

This is one of the most unique moments in recent time that is criminally painted in a bad light by those who are corrupt.

What caused this and why was so much shady shit going on and exposed all at once.

I've always known game journalists and some game devs were garbage and pro-SJW, but back then they were a nuisance and not influential enough to make a huge difference. When GG happened, it caused a massive shitstorm.

Why did gamergate happen when other entertainment industries willingly gave in to SJW bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nzLuVSi5rnw
youtube.com/watch?v=E_Q_qwPAVvc
oneangrygamer.net/tag/gamergate/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkXCsqJee0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GG ruined gaming. it showed devs and publishers that people who buy their games are total spergs and now every game has to be sterile as fuck so there can be no sperg outs

gamergate happened because there was enough of an outlet for people to call out the bullshit

actual forms of media they're able to censor the opinions and just shut out whatever vocal group they dislike

Sterile? Are you fucking kidding me? The bigger the mainstream AAA title, the more pozed out it it is. Nothing sterile about dat bias. Devs and publishers are the problem, not consumers.

The one thing I remember about the whoe gamergate shitstorm was how many forums across the net just banned its discussion outright or had massive flamewars on the topic.

That shit polarized the fuck outta people. Gamergate was the lynch pin to whats going on today

Generation Z will forever be on the path of redpilling due to Gamer Gate.

GamerGate interfered with Common Core.

The reason so many companies suicidally went against it was because the Common Core movement is funded by the richest individuals on the planet with about a hundred billion dollars to piss on you.

I didn't realize how huge GG was either, until a year or so ago.

And I was part of the damn thing.

Call it Chanology 2.0, but it had some significant ramifications.

Just dropping by to say fuck NeoGAF.

Gamergate was, for the most part, just an excuse for virgin manbabies to shit on women. Was anybody with an IQ above double digits (I know this excludes 99% of gators) surprised that vidya journalism has no integrity? Also nothing was accomplished. It was just a flamewar between women and proto-MSTOW

>falling for the “women in gaming are harassed” meme

This isn’t true at all. Women aren’t harassed much more than men are. The only time it’s really bad is when they try to prop themselves up as “one of the guys” when they don’t a thing about gaming.

Fucking with video games and anime is like prohibition to the otaku weeb.
The Man is fucking with their escape from reality, the little ray of sunshine to get them out of bed and through the day.
Being a gamer is like being a true stoner or true alcoholic your life revolves around it and when someone comes along and tries to fuck with it your way of life is threatened.

I never said they were, or were not, harassed. I stated that Gamergate was a pointless flame war, which is true because it accomplished nothing but butthurt on both sides.

Hey, thanks for posting a shitty image that is super wide that I can't read easily.

You can see direct correlation between GG and the rise of Trump.

What I understand was that ppl was pissed that a woman slept around with guys who would then later promote her "game".
this was the main problem that when this was brought up instead of agreeing this was bad the sites where these guys worked began targeting gamers and guys as misogynist instead. and that started up some shit

GamerGate was pretty cool, the best part about it was that it spanned YEARS, it still has legs so to speak. It showed me that the conspiracy theories of marxists in the universities and journalism was true, I couldn't believe it. It was my biggest redpill ever.

And yeah, I feel damn proud that gaming fought SJWs first while other forms of media just bend over.

>nepotism exists
WOW. Thank God we had a 2 year long flame war to point that out

It was pretty fun when it was leaked that several sites was talking to each others and on the EXACT same time and day, they all published "gamers are dead"

youtu.be/nzLuVSi5rnw

Stop browsing on your phone, cunt.

Yes and it pissed people off that they didnt admit that. They just began shouting nazi and women hater instead

Remember the part when a lot of SJWs lost their jobs? (though not all). Then they complained gamers literally set them back for years.

>They just began shouting nazi and women hater instead
As someone who was neutral during this gamergate fiasco, I can assure you that both sides had their fair share of name calling and petty squabbling. Both sides looked like retarded children.

>neutral
>this post
pick 1

>Why did gamergate happen when other entertainment industries willingly gave in to SJW bullshit?

jews are the cornerstone of every entertainment industry. videogames used to be the exception somewhat. probably because they're a new medium and therefore a jewish power-structure hadn't established itself yet. most important of all, this was an attack on one of the last bastions of white male identity, nerd culture or whatever you want to call it -- so it had to go. anything white men gather around must be destroyed by jews and if it can't be destroyed it'll be subverted. that's just how she goes in the current year.

every aspect of what was traditionally thought of as western "nerd culture" has been pozzed to hell and back. comics, cartoons, videogames, boardgames... even p&p rpgs. absolutely nothing was spared (with the exception of wargames, god save the grognards). funnily enough, only japan stands alone with pockets of resistance in europe. the next locus for jew subversion will probably be otaku shit: anime, doujins, japanese videogames and so on.

PRAISE KEK, MAKE WHITE BABIES

youtube.com/watch?v=E_Q_qwPAVvc

ze stayed nuteral when SJW's were involved.

Reddit cuck detected

Hear hear!

(ie why moot dumped Sup Forums)

If they take away my otaku shit, it's over for them.

Gamer Gate was the biggest failure of an online movement I have ever seen.

Let's see:
Polygon, Cucktakoo and the whole other slew of Games Journalism is still corrupt and in the pocket of large games publishers.
The indie scene is now being filled with SJW's or being bought up by those large publishes.
Those large publishers are filled with SJW's.
And even worse than those 3 is that video games, a form of media with ridiculous propaganda capabilities is under the control of fucking SJW's and commies actively trying to brain wash people.

Gamer Gate makes the Italian army seem competent.

IIRC he dumped Sup Forums because he wanted some SJW pussy. Honestly he might have really just been tired of worrying about FBI and bullshit too, so he got a comfy job at google.

And still, SJW shit is still as rampant in video games. Nothing has changed.

Nah fuck gotta have missed that. Sounds neat thoe

Pax was right when he said Quinn fucking those 5 guys was the internet culture war equivalent of the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand

What's more, the world has moved on digitally, and the "nerds" are masters of this domain. (((They))) directly attacked the masters of the new world.

Is your question why didn't gamers roll over like every other media subgroup?

gamergate exposed to a lot of sleepy normies how corrupt videogame journalism is

and the subsequent backlash from mainstream media helped expose how corrupt msm is

less known, gamergate also revealed the government itself was funding social engineering to push propaganda and sjw shit into videogames - funded by darpa.

Now that trump's in the whitehouse I actually would love to see some kind of investigation into that shit

This was the best effect, seeing hordes of gamers become red pilled by how journos lie in real time and then seeing wiki editors lie about what happened, and discover half of them are marxists and also edited the cultural marxism wiki page to fill it with lies too

it was a moment of betrayal of trust

Gamergate normalized not being a cuck, it redpilled many millenials and the disenfranchised into forming an alternative society, sponsoring alternative media and now that society has elected a president of USA. I'd say that if it's a failure, then I like it anyway.

CIA niggers don't let me play japanese dating sims in peace.

The image is almost 5,000 pixels wide, that's more than virtually every monitor on the market supports. Not even 4k widescreen is that big

Honestly, who the fuck even cares about modern AAA titles? Bunch of horseshit that has no creativity and is just used to steal 60 bucks from you and leave you dissapointed.

Why the fuck don't you just torrent old games and don't give a fuck about this gaming """culture""" that is absolute cancer.

There are so many good old games that you shouldn't worry about the AAA industry and their lying ways. BTW did anybody EVER take gaming journalism serious?

I have loosely followed GG, and was traveling a lot at the time it happened. Seems like every article I find says it was "debunked".

Links to good redpills, infographics, or useful videos? What YouTubers that are still active spoke against the devs, or for?

they cant subvert japanese anime/manga/video games because those types of media is meant to appeal to japanese customers first then the world second, and most of the time sales are quite self sufficient.

numales and rainbow haired harpies are absolutely infuriated that they cant instill their socjus doctrine over japanese creators that they try to find imaginary problematic things and want to outright ban them for having attractive fictional teenagers. tackling fictional children being exploited is the next frontier for champagne progressive liberals to feel like their helping the world while thousands of actual children get exploited by shitskins in their home country wew

Trump is paralyzed by the spider's web of marxoid jew bullshit accumulated over centuries in D.C which retains the bulk of the power behind the throne, he can't do shit and is still fighting for his life politically

The only people who care about GG are virgins

Prove me wrong

Pro tip: you can't

Rather be a virgin who cares about their culture than a slut who rolls over and takes it in the ass from anyone.

GG was bound to happen sooner or later in any kind of any forms, but it was awsome how the press and journos got so fucking confused that they had to rally on social medias and the tornado they created splew on their faces ripping 'em off.

>inb4 people saying GG was nothing

People who say that are just morons because the second they here "vidya" they turn off their brains and become as bad as SJWs.
This was the moment many realized what was actually going on and joined movements to fix what they saw as problems. This projected people into politics one way or another

A lot of people had their eyes opened firsthand to how media outlets collude with each other and with their sponsors. Of course this was just small time gaming shit that only autists cared about but I think this was the precursor to Trump's election. People saw the "legitimate" news media pushing out the same kind of bullshit as GG which severely crippled the DNC propaganda machine.

william usher was one of the journalists in the gamejournopros group and left to be on the gamergate side from the start
this is his site - oneangrygamer.net/tag/gamergate/

>rather be a virgin

video games aren't culture

they are now
WE WUZ BITS AND SHIEEETTTT

This is a good one incase you haven't heard it.
Thread theme tune: We Didn't Start The SocJus. By Chris Ray Gun
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkXCsqJee0

it's because they like to corrupt the facts

Quinn didn't get good reviews..true she got good coverage

Alison rap was not fired for being female and "woke" no she was a hooker, no gg didn't dox her neither did the farms..no one knows who doxed her...wayne foundation followed up

Anita was a scammer who took the climate

FBI never found a credible threat to any one from GG

Brianna wu's dog died from exposure not GG

Diversity Council was a way for sjws to get jobs they weren't qualified for...see Andromeda...and for a non gaming example...see Github

Quinn's book is bad selling thus she is trying to revive the corpse

GG fell to infighting and achieved many it's goals regarding disclosure policies, yes gaming still has many sjws but their products are being weeded out by capitalism and no one trusts kotaku any more.

You can look up the names on all these mentioned, even the anti side doesn't deny any of this and their main defense is "doxing is bad" and "we are still here"

What is:
>Tetris
>Pong
>Super Mario
>Lara Croft
>Doom

Very much culture

>many forums across the net just banned its discussion
Just like Sup Forums did, but you probably started browsing this summer.

>Bunch of horseshit that has no creativity and is just used to steal 60 bucks from you and leave you dissapointed.

I can shed some light on why this is the case.

The people going into the videogame industry right now are the kinds of people who've taken over film and the kinds of people you think of when you say 'snobbish book nerd'. These are people who talk about 'experiences' rather than gameplay, level design, etc. They don't think games need to be fun, if anything they disdain fun. They want a vehicle to shove their political beliefs through and that's why they think their 'experiences' are great selling points for their 'games'.

Couple with social engineers feeding pleasant lies to clueless execs, and corrupt big-money tossing cash at anyone pushing social-justice agendas, and you get the current state of the industry, where none of the games coming out actually look fun and most of them are full of political bullshit nobody actually wants.

I wonder how many more billions these people can afford to piss away?

Remember the game from E3 that had a white guy as the main character and the guy who made it got doxxed by SJW's?

surprised no one has fixed the wikipedia yet. very one-sided

I would, honestly.

Pussy ain't shit, I'd go back if I could. I was a far more driven man.

You can't, wikipedos reverse anything you do to it.

which is part of why there was a gamergate in the first place.

>As someone who was neutral during this gamergate fiasco, I can assure you that both sides had their fair share of name calling and petty squabbling.

>haha
>both sides r just so dum xDDD
>i dont need 2 pick a side bcuz they are both retard xDD
>im so smart i go out of my way 2 make sure i dont have 2 commit 2 anything b/c i see the flaws in both sides xDDD

Bitchblood.

>game journalists

WHY THE FUCK SHOULD ANYONE CARE ABOUT YOUR DAMN VIDEO GAMES?

Seriously, how do video games affect the welfare of a society? What catastrophe does game journalism prevent? YOU retards sound just like the SJW that bitch for safe spaces and scream RACIST at anything that moves.

IT'S JUST FUCKING VIDEO GAMES, GET OVER IT

It's a microcosm you dense motherfucker.

5+ years of being called cisscum shitlords by buying mainstream trash games just like everywhere else, but now the nerds didn't even have a safe space to retreat to

>I don't think it's important so it shouldn't be to others

what a sad life

>Investing any sort of energy into a childrens hobby

wew lad

Because what people do for escapism is what feeds the way they think about things that matter. This is why art 'changes people's lives'.

How do you not get that?

>video games
>art

Gamergate was the start of the anti-SJW backlash, and the end of the credibility of leftist media. I sincerely believe GG paved the way for Trump.

It also taught us many useful activism techniques (contacting advertisers, targeted hashtags, troll campaigns, doxing, investigative tools, opsec).

GG was huge, the first REAL pushback against all the anti-white, anti-male degeneracy the left had been pushing for 8 years. There are leftists on Twitter that STILL try to tie everything they hate with GamerGate. It's the ultimate boogieman to them, because it was the first time they'd seen an effective populist movement from the "right" (at least to the right of SJWs).

GamerGate was also a catalyst to bring a lot of Sup Forumsacks into venues like Youtube, Twitter, Twitch, etc. Increased our visibility by a lot. All in all it was a huge win for our side. The left went apoplectic.

art = escapism
video games = escapism
Anything you like that isn't to do with your direct survival is escapism. I wasn't equating games and art, I was saying that any form of escapism has the potential to influence the way people live their lives.

Learn to read.

>video games
>childrens hobby
Hello, man from 1980

100% due to the fappening legal ramifications he couldn't handle anymore of fbi and (((celebrity))) assrapings. At least according to him in his farewell stream.

You sound a little *chuckle*...
...a little upset there buddy

>needing escapism

If you are too God damn newfag to have not been here when this happened fuck the hell off.

The entire fucking thing was cancer and ended in total utter failure because gamers are fucking cucks and degenerates who absolutely REFUSE to stop giving shekels to the publishers who caused the shit in the first place.

ALL journalists are lying two faced shit heaps that need the gas and game *journalism* is a fucking meme. There was never any such thing as game journalism it was a made up bullshit idea to give sjw failures at life a way to scam more money.

Any thread like this should be saged. Go read Ed or the niGGergate wikis if you really want to know.

Sage

You're on Sup Forums.

t. Nu-male

When something is being taken up by the media, gets invited to leftist brainwash programs like Colbert, and used in UN hearings, it's pretty huge.

We hit such an important nerve cord in their system, that they had to go to their most powerful friends in the UN to destroy us.

I'm still laughing that they had to go to the UNITED FUCKING NATIONS for victim gibs

It started, like all great stories do, with a cheating whore

As someone working in the game journalism industry, Gamer Gate happened because the industry made a -sloppy- transition from 5th branch to 4th branch.

Nothing more.

>it was a made up bullshit idea to sell more copies of garbage
Fixed

The Straw that Broke the Camels Back

>a NEETsoc allergic to doing anything productive
quelle shock

So Trump became president because of nothing more than a sloppy transition of an industry? Nice, hows Psychonauts 2 coming faggot

Yep, gamergate is what redpilled me. I used to think all those right wing conspiracy theorists were crazy asshole. Then gamergate happened and I started to see the world for what it was.

>This is one of the most unique moments in recent time
newfags don't remember chanology

I say we start this up again.

No you fucking kike it happened because you people are un remittently corrupt and you should all be shot.

Anybody an in any other industry did what you do on a daily basis the fbi would can them all. You are fucking scamming sjw scum and you all should be shot.

Fuck you. Goyimgate may have become cucked and died horribly but nobody NOBODY has forgotten what you faggots are doing and E3 this year was a perfect example.

The solution is for people to stop paying for this trash and though it's happening slowly more and more people are leaving gaming completely because of this. Eventually you are all going to lose your jobs.

And you should. And we will fucking laugh at you. Fucking kikes.

>gets called out on bad shilling
>"YOU'RE JUST A REDDIT FAG I'M A COOL GUY ON THE CHAN!!!"
kek