The government can't make people drop unhealthy habi

The government can't make people drop unhealthy habi...

Correlation causation fallacy.

Retarded nigger syndrome.

r^2 = .284

Wow I'm sure this regulation is super effective in a country where you can just walk from state to state with whatever the fuck you want.

>unhealthy
Lots of jews trying to stop people using nicotine.

Usually these stats have been improving anyway and the government just jumped on the bandwagon, taking credit for doing essentially nothing.

Same with child labor laws. When child labor was made illegal in the US, there were only rarely children working anyway, mostly in rural areas helping out on the farm, which wasn't even made illegal.

Same with air pollution limits. Engines, factories, power plants and so on were becoming more efficient and cleaner anyways.

History is filled with these example of worthless bureaucratic busybodies taking credit for what the market did anyway, because guess what: as soon as consumers are informed and have a choice, they opt for: not getting lung cancer, not having their child work and not breathing in toxic fumes. But until the knowledge is available the resources available, given that the government can't do magic tricks, all the laws in the world can't make stuff better.

We must reject this thesis based on that nigger IQ r^2

that line could easily be flat

Law of large numbers, retard.

>correlation
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHHAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHHAHHAA

This has more to do with changing generational trends as opposed to government intervention. No one quits smoking to save a dollar unless you're a Jew.

>R^2 = 0.2804

hahahahahahahahaha

t. Aerospace Engineer

>R2 = 0.2804
Wow it's fucking nothing

kek

Yep. Terrible R2 value that doesn't even indicate correlation. I'd argue it's the messages of cogs destroying ur body that does it along with a lot of people know someone who has had lung, tongue, etc cancer prob make them think

So if taxation causes people to stop a certain behavior, what does it say about taxing entrepreneurs?

Good job, keep smoking. Oh and we're upping the price too. But hey you've got your to get your fix!

>RI, HI, CN
>large population

>r2 = 0.284

You fucking niggers never learned statistics?

>CN and not CT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Utah doesn't need to be taxed to know what's up

What if cigarette taxes are more popular in states where there are fewer smokers?

your crooked teeth can't get any more yellow

China is a state now?

politicians are afraid to damage the industry
so they wait until it's feasible to do
At that point, needless pollution is no longer tolerable

tl;dr bureucrats are suckoffs for the corpocracy

>quit tobacco
>take up heroin
What a success

I would assume their is some causal effect. However, it would seem that social pressure and better education would have a higher causal effect and are also obvious reasons for the increasing taxes in the first place.

Also
What if as cigarette consumptions decreases in a state, taxes are increased to make up for lost revenue?

>0.2804
That's a horrible correlation you retard.

Just tax heroin man. It will go away

>i want some cigarettes
>let me travel a few hundred miles to cross the border and buy a pack!

people started dropping it when they saw the ill health effects. but shitloads still smoke anyway man, raising the price doesn't do much.

So states with less smokers are more likely to get taxes on smoking aproved?

I hate it when people use "statistics" like this

Could this trend also be explained by a higher percentage of the population willing to vote to implement a cigarette tax if there are fewer smokers? Asking for a retarded friend.

manchild

An r2 of 0.284 is not a correlation, if you give me the data I could run a chi squared and give you a confidence interval of the arbitrary line they made.

Yes. People are afraid to die a painful death from the cancer sticks

right

It's more like cigarette taxes are absolutely hated where there are more smokers, though

Smokers are literally the most fucking degenerate faggots alive.
>breath stinks
>car stinks
>house stinks
>belongings stink
>Britbong-tier teeth
>foul up the air for everyone else
>fucking litter their shitty cigarette buts everywhere
>that shit gets into the water supply
>not only do they strain the health system by giving themselves cancer, they give everyone else cancer through second hand smoke

I don't mind the taxes.

It's the not being able to smoke in bars, etc.

If the government wanted to stop it the tax would be $500 a pack. It's. It, therefore they are fundraising under the guise of righteousness, nothing more.

Eventually people won't buy them if they are taxed to death. People will be out off jobs, and let's just face it, government taking jobs away is bad.

Are those numbers just reflecting people dying of old age and showing less interest with new smokers?

Considering a plethora of variables exist an r2 of 28% is prettty good. Itd be nice to also see the p value

No, it's because they don't count e-cigs as smokers.

Why buy official cigarette from stores that are taxed like crazy when you can buy one off of that homeless black guy in the NY streets besides the homeless artists.

DRUG PROHIBITION
DOES
NOT WORK

I WILL INGEST MERCURY IF YOU BAN DRUGS!!!

Why should the government have the right to tell people what they can do to their own bodies?

There used to be a store by where I lived in Madison that would sell single cigs.

Who's the retard, someone who calls out a fallacy or an Autist?

STATISTICS PROVES YET ANOTHER TRUTH.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

if they want a sex change operation they should receive it and the government should pay for it

what about buying them in different states that you bring them to?
there are no border controls, right?

>p-value

No one ever said this was the only variable at play.

>thinking correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation means correlation never equals causation

Explain why VA is the same as NY.
Or why ID is lower than NY with $4 less in taxes.

>An r2 of 0.284 is not a correlation
>sociology and psychology's face when

that is some minimal correlation, especially if you look at how much that taxation is

At absolute best, it's a weak correlation. You can see a shitload of variance in the datapoints.

So you'd rather have a flouride-soy-bpa poisoned homosexual with a fake BBC in his mouth than a calm, relaxed, masculine man smoking a cigarette in his? Is that the better picture?

>Amount govt. is allowed to tax smokers by % of smoking population

I wonder if they decided to exclude vapers?

No i'd rather be healthy, and not smell like shit

Sure, but if the true dependence was a function of four or more independent variables at least one would have to have r^2 lower than that in OP. The point is that the people pointing to r^2 as the indictment of the original model are mistaken.

Biting criticism.

Healthy for how long? I mean touche, but long life just means that many more years of some CNA wiping your ass for you. Long life =\= good life.

Death comes whenever.

Where's the proofs?

OP's picture presents it as a function of one variable which is why it's retarded.

>If you steal money from people, you win!
Sounds Liberal to me

I want to see what happens honestly.

>>Credits main stream conventions as government
>>Lives under a rock

Can the government: yes.
Should the government: fuck no!

>2017
>living in bumfuck nowhere

Thanks Uncle Adolf.

Statistician checking in, this is an incredibly stupid way of trying to claim causality. Analysis would longitudinally model the proportion of smokers and look for change-points following tax hikes.