Why don't people walk in North America? I'm always walking and I barely see anyone else walking...

Why don't people walk in North America? I'm always walking and I barely see anyone else walking. 80% of the time I'm always alone while everyone else is driving, there is the odd guy walking his dog however. If you look at Europe and Asia, there are always people on the streets and sidewalks.

Canada and America are big fucking countries, plus lots of people live in the suburbs or rural areas

I know what you mean.

I went to Virginia on business and everything was a car park.

No pavements anywhere.

Yeah I live in a suburb. It's only when I go to bigger city's that I see people walking.

Affordable cars. America is HUGE. Public transportation is for minorities

Where I live, a lot of times there is only pavement on one side of the street.

i currently live in San Francisco, and the most horrific part of my day is the 10-15 minute walk from the train station to work.
> assailed by homeless
> bike riders on the sidewalk
> heroin addicts sleeping across the entire sidewalk

I've taken now to kicking the homeless and drug addicts (about 50% white/50% black) out of my way, despite the fact it will probably be me that gets arrested, not them.

America doesn't have a lot of time left. Invest accordingly

When I lived in Chicago I always walked everywhere, we only used the car to go to family in the NW burbs.

Now living in rural Wisconsin where the nearest town is 9 miles away, I drive my nice pickup or prius to town.

>Public transportation is for minorities
Only in America. I'm assuming it's dirty? Public Transportation is great when it works and it's clean. It's also a lot cheaper then owning a car.

Where I live, there is a mile between my house and the nearest other house. Walking just isn't effective outside of big cities without good public transportation. It's absolutely necessary to have a car.

Do you live on a farm or something? Why the hell would you choose to live in the middle of nowhere?

A: Cars and gas is affordable
B: Because of A nothing is within convenient walking distance

it'd be funny to see how people would react if cars suddenly stopped working

Maybe he lives on a farm, genius.

In Chicago the CTA and the L are usually decent but sometimes piss filled, biking or walking was better not only for you to not get sticky shoes with piss, but it's pretty nice to walk downtown. However, when you need to go across the city I'd take the L or a taxi.

The only drawback is the crime when you walk. I always carried two wallets, one for my regular money, and one incase somebody robbed me. I kept 10 in my wallet so the nigger would just take that and throw the wallet away.

Wasn't that bad though.

>I cannot comprehend somebody living a different lifestyle than my Toronto apartment.
KYS

They'd go back to horses and wagons.

Rural deep south is the comfiest fucking place to live in all of North America, you fucking retard. As long as you stay away from the nigger infested areas like Atlanta and Birmmingham and shit, you're golden.

I never said I lived in Toronto genius. Even the Amish live in communities that consist of several hundred members. The user said that the nearest house was a mile away.

>Why don't people walk in North America?

I have v8 4x4 than gets 11mpg.

Why would I ever walk?

everything is too spread out to walk anywhere.
at least that's how it is in the suburbs

>Chicago
I can see the problem now.
Also
>carrying a wallet
no one does this anymore

A mile isn't that far, moron.

What a disgusting picture.
Where’s the vibrant diversity ?
How can people live in such a revolting monoethnic nation ?

Thank G-d i live in an enlightened nation free of hate.

Whatever I don't use that stupid imperial measurement anyway

Not dirty, but affordable. Keep in mind in order to maintain a car one needs money for gas, insurance and then miscellaneous repair issues should the car be old or one gets in an accident. Plus if you live in an urban area, parking is difficult to come by. That's another expense. This isn't really cheap and riding a bus is the best option for Jamal.

1.609 Km isn't that far either.

Compared to my neighbor who is just a few meters away it is.

Go get hit by a truck.

>prius
Ahahahahahaha faygit

How can you live like that? What happens if you want to drink beers and pee outside by yourself on a hot summer afternoon?

Ah, a fellow enlightened.
I hear you are even more free of hate than France, truly you are an example for us all !
Long live love, may hate be slaughtered !

>How can you live like that?
It's great having neighbors you can talk to. They watch your back, mow your lawn, and vice-versa. I don't pee outside unless I go camping and I drink beer on my deck. You can always setup a fence if you need privacy.

a few years back we didn't use our phones to pay like in toronto hipster
fuck off im not wasting $40 a week driving a v8 truck unless im taking my girl out or picking up big shit/trailers

CAR NOT BIG

BAD CAR HAHAHAHA

Let's team up with our cities councils and allow homeless but they must wear costume character outfits sponsored by local businesses

walking is for faggot sissy Europeans

Truly the most burger of posts

old american cities were designed for walking or taking trains but the car industry came around and worked hard to make america spread out and car dependent. we are finally trying to turn it around by densifying and adding mass transit options, but there is still huge backlash from car companies and rich people who dont want to be near poor people

You're welcome to walk what constitutes of 40 minutes of highway driving to get to work everyday, leaf.

The grocery store is 40 miles away from my house, not much choice but to drive.

Too lazy, too fat. They think walking is for "poor people," so there is also an arrogance element.

I grew up in the suburbs and the only people walking were 10 year olds and homeless people.

I don't just walk. I combine walking and taking the bus. I burn calories, reach my destination on time, and save money.

So you can get an idea of how unwalkable America can be, I live in a town of about 30,000 people, and out of hundreds of roads, maybe 6-10 around town have sidewalks, and then not all of these roads have sidewalks on both sides or the entire length of the road. Many roads don't have shoulders wide enough to walk on without walking in the street. Also, any decent residential neighborhood is situated at least two miles away from anything aside from more houses.

Distances between areas of interest make it impractical.

an example is minimum parking requirements for every building in Houston. the law is written that every building has to have huge parking lots and/or parking garages for every potential visitor/customer for every building. so you end up with a giant mass of strip malls and skyscrapers sitting on top of huge parking garages. that doesnt include lawsuits left and right trying to stop high rise and mass transit construction.

pic related. you can see how every high rise has to have a huge parking garage with it.

> and out of hundreds of roads, maybe 6-10 around town have sidewalks, and then not all of these roads have sidewalks on both sides or the entire length of the road. Many roads don't have shoulders wide enough to walk on without walking in the street. Also, any decent residential neighborhood is situated at least two miles away from anything aside from more houses.
There's gotta be some kind of Semitic Scheme at work here

People here have warped culture and values, and it goes so far back as to be ingrained in the minds of a people that don't see any other way of life to be acceptable. Then there's the sisyphean suburbanite ritual of spending 5-10 hours a week tending to their 1+ acre lawns and making sure that there isn't a brown spot or a weed in sight. There's way too much pathological baggage and bullshit associated with living far away from niggers in the USA.

>tending to their 1+ acre lawns and making sure that there isn't a brown spot or a weed in sight.
This. My neighbor always mows my backyard and lawn if it's a couple inches. I tell him not to but he insists.

OP doesnt have a job and is a faggot.

Because why would I use a more time consuming method of getting to where I need to go?
>Drive car for 5 minutes
or
>walk same distance in half an hour.

>there are always people on the streets and sidewalks.
yes and they always fucking walk abreast occupying the entire space of the fucking sidewalk so you can't go around them, always have to stick your arm through fuckin cunts

Because shits far away you fucking cheeser

is this a picture of toronto

People wasting irreplacable hours of their lives tending to some uselesd ground cover on an unused patch of land really disturbs me. It's no way to live, for sure.

If you want to get conspiratorial for a moment, these suburban gardeners all know that their mission is to eliminate "weeds" like dandelion, which has numerous nutritional and medicinal uses, purslane, the best plant source of omega 3 fatty acids and a good source of several vitamins, and plantain and clover, of which all parts are edible. Your great grandfather was probably harvesting these herbs for food and medicine, your grandfather might have fed them to rabbits, and your dad sprays them with roundup at least weekly.

I don't oppose faster methods of travel I just hate driving cars. I would prefer horse & carriage.

People live large distances away from their place of work. It is a 30 minute drive without traffic to get to work for me. There is no feasible way I could bike that every day and there is no public transport that goes directly to my home town.

I had a coworker from Spain and she was amazed how far apart everything is in this country. Until you leave the cities in the US you won't get it and once you do it will all make sense.

>I walk for 5 minutes to the bus stop and then walk 3 minutes to work
>I'm burning calories!
Come on, son

Well son... What began as a journey with from which autodidacts of economics and libertarian political theory would argue with the disingenuous shitposters and banner men of folk wisdom ended with a miasma of bots, recycled threads, and influx of mobile normalfag shitposters after the Trump election. But in the end it didn't matter because the rabble was chased away when the happening came; they ran as far as they could on the day of rope as Sup Forums loyalists united against their common enemies. The Jew were kicked out of the entire West this time back to Madagascar and many succulent penises were saved from circumcision and hook-nosed homosexuals. The negro blight was bulldozed into the ocean, and then we set our sight on the Mexicans. It all started there... on that Mongolian basket weaving forum where you could post anonymously on while sporting the insignia of a cute anime girl. We wuz kings my boy. We wuz kangz.... an... Well that's a story for another day.

90% of American is strip malls, big box stores and suburbs

total bullshit.

because we too fat

As if you could EVER get a sidewalk all to yourself in NYC.

Nice try fgt.

>Drive diesel truck with smoke stack, lift kit, light bar and $4,000 rims
>Can't afford $5 worth of gas
>Calls other people faggots
Wew

This. Zoning laws are also done in a way that split towns and sites into specific sectors: residential, commercial, industrial, municipal, etc. Cars are often if not 100% of the time included in the design layout.

Because we don't want to be run over like the euros do