Is there any truth to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fLJBzhcSWTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hillary was a close call

One of the many inherent flaws of democracy

Socrates seemed to think so.

youtube.com/watch?v=fLJBzhcSWTk

HL Mencken has some great quotes, writing, etc.

Every president is considered a fool by half the population, Trump is little different to other politicians, it's just that you got to witness his beginning

>some no name idiot talking shit about some person that may or may not exist
democracies do not have offices, plain folks do not hold as much power as the intelligent in our democracy, we dont have a democracy

>some no name idiot

I love when morons proudly announce their ignorance as the strongest point in their argument.

Yes, but Obama is gone now thankfully

This man is from Baltimore and is one of your national treasures, Cletus.

It will never happen. That is a democracy fault, in one or two governments america will not be a democracy anymore.

Francis Galton would disagree.

Also hardcore misanthropy is fedora tier.

One of the biggest complaints about Obama was that he came across as too professorial and condescending.

yes, thats the inner soul of the liberal

No, it's about being arbitrary and trying to use executive power to force his ideology.

Democracy is a majority rules system

Basically mob mentality

It means that in a theoretical democratic country where more than fifty percent of people want murder to be legal, murder becomes legal

The majority doesnt know whats good for itself, sad but true

It's an understatement of the fact that the more democratic power you actually give people to elect a leader, the more likely they are--unless they are a people of particularly stoic character--to simply elect a dictator to rule them.

Napoleon was elected by 99% of the population. Caesar was elected by the plebes. Hitler was elected by the German people. The people, when they are unfettered, vote for Imperialism. This is the single, unambiguous truth that people who tout the virtues of democracy simply ignore: The only way to prevent it from instantly becoming a de-facto monarchy is to limit the rights of the people to vote in subtle ways.

Well he was a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron so he fits the description. Luckily he's gone now and we have a real American patriot in the office now

Cletus is a Greek name with ancient history and culture, unlike your country.

>"..us" termination
>Greek name
Chose one fag, if that is something is Roman

fpbp

he was a piece of shit traitor, from what i just read about him

>all these fags who don't know who based Mencken is ITT

The termination is Latin, but the name has been adopted from the Greek Klētos meaning "called". It does sound heavily Greek to me.

Democracy is as a fascist would say:
"When a baker tells a fisherman how he should better fish and when the fisherman tells the baker how he should bake bread."

Democracy can work, Switzerland proves it, you do need the right people and culture to attempt it though

Greek words tend to come to us through Latin, taking on Latin forms for the declension suffix. It's also the reason why we write "Sparta" instead of "Sparte". That doesn't mean the spartans were actually Romans.

Makes sense, but Cletus is as Etruscan name by origin.

It's whatever you want to believe.
It's all subjective.

A blank and empty statement that fits any shoe, how unimpressive.

From what you just read about him.
That sounds like an informed opinion, Tyrone.

Did you have some kind of point to make?

EIGHT YEARS
PRAISE KEK AND GOD EMPEROR TRUMP

I don't think so, its just some random quote..

People voted for trump because identity politics suck, not because trump is a swell fella

I haven't read any of that or the thread but seeing how this is coming from H.L. Mencken and we're on /pol I expect everyone on here to be the stereotypical 192 IQ übermensch they always claim to be.