Social justice motives in public television

Ever notice how every period piece on BBC or PBS Masterpiece theater has some kind of revisionist history plot?

Tonight on Miss Fisher Mysteries a good old boys club of white men are conspiring to keep Australian women from driving automobiles.

Murdoch Mysteries from Canada is set in the 1800's and he is portrayed as the first to hire a black female assistant.

Same thing goes for Scandinavian crime dramas set in modern times. A tanned Swede is never the bad guy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1MJrRvpjB1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>a good old boys club of white men are conspiring to keep Australian women from driving automobiles
That sounds boring as all fuck.

Its mainly for women I guess.

Just don't watch TV, problem solved

Yes, it is leftist propaganda financed by the state with taxpayer money. Why are you surprised? Funding should be completely cut 100%, NPR as well.

to be fair, pretty much all of PBS' masterpiece theater and Mystery are british TV shit usually from the BBC.

So it's second hand TVfare, not entirely PBS putting out the message.

But PBS has become pretty cucked in recent years. Not nearly as bad as other channels, but noticable enough that they have fallen into left wing territory.

which is why I'm conflicted about axing their funding. on the one hand, they have become functionally obsolete, most of the kinds of shows they pioneered, can be found on other channels.

Most of the good shows they used to have, have long since ended/hosts died, (Mr Rogers, Bob Ross) or have gone to shit. (Sesame Street, PBS News Hour, Mystery/Masterpiece Theater- though the latter two not by PBS' own fault)

But at the same time, while their news show might show signs of bias, they at least try to present themselves as an actual legitimate news program, and not the flashy practically entertainment garbage other networks put out

Remember in the campaign when Trump said he would take money away from left-agenda-pushing, publicly-funded organizations like PBS?

Did he ever actually do that?

I forgot to mention- Charlie Rose. Whiole he has definitely gotten noticeably left leaning ever since he started working for CBS, he's still probably the only actually good journalist out there today, who does fairly good interviews and discussions.

It's better than people like Anderson Cooper or Scott Pelly

That kind of boring wholesome television died decades ago. Don't even bother trying to dig up the corpse.

Television is pure rot nowadays and that's not going to change unless there is a major societal upheaval.

tv is essentially bad fan fiction at this point

I get that, but in a choice between "walking the fine line between left leaning" and "full on off the cliff leftism", i'd still choose the latter, because at least it still has some dignity

The underlying theme of Downton Abbey was down the patriarchy.

Is there a word for this other than propaganda which is too broad, like videogames having black Nazis and stuff.
It's not censorship but it's something similar.

revisionism

Public broadcasting has long been a government subsidized bastion of liberal propaganda. It's no wonder that Trump wants to cut its funding.

In between fundraising they now have commercials portraying themselves as victims of cuts that haven't happened yet. NPR is doing the same thing.

No period pieces are usually classist cancer for larping americans who romanticise the monarchical enslavement of the poor.

downton abbey in real life would be equivalent to the slaves in the southern states and owned by sometimes the same people aristoractic europeans.

the concept that it was good is a lie.

now they want a black white mix and wont hide it in propaganda like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=1MJrRvpjB1I

>Is there a word for this other than propaganda which is too broad, like videogames having black Nazis and stuff.
>It's not censorship but it's something similar.

Faggotry

I've seen this agenda going back to the mid 90's in British television. Pic related.
>Rich white Englishman can't let his families estate be sold to a Indian immigrant so he kills the guy.

this. remember, the people hulled up in the alamo were evil oppressors

>(((public media))) is leftist propaganda

You don't say