Google tightens measures to remove extremist content on YouTube

reuters.com/article/us-google-counterterrorism-idUSKBN19A096

>Google said it would take a tougher position on videos containing supremacist or inflammatory religious content by issuing a warning and not monetizing or recommending them for user endorsements, even if they do not clearly violate its policies.

>"While we and others have worked for years to identify and remove content that violates our policies, the uncomfortable truth is that we, as an industry, must acknowledge that more needs to be done. Now," said Google's general counsel Kent Walker.

Can we come up with a word for corporations essentially mimicking the actions of a communist government?

I'm willing to bet not a single ISIS or terrorist video from Syria will be taken down.

>Doesnt do anything about creepy elsa videos

>cracks down on anything right of marx

You don't want to play this game Google.

Have you thought this through fully?

#NotAllWhitePeople

How come you alt-righter retards can't make your own youtube or google or whatever.

Your freeze peach bullshit isn't going to work on them. Quit whining, get off our websites (including Sup Forums) and make your own shit.

yeah it's called capitalism

While I disagree with most forms of censorship, they operate essentially a free service and they have the right to what they wish to broadcast on their site.

So does this mean they will remove national anthems from jewtube?

They're a business. They care about money, first-and-foremost, as they should.

If banning this content is better for their business (long or short term non-withstanding), then they'll do it.

Case closed.

wouldnt be surprised if its just a PR move and nothing comes of it

vid.me
vimeo though cause it attracts artists it might be lefty

there are lots of alternatives to YouTube.

Why doesn't Google give people the option of banning particular advertisers from monetizing your videos?

>inflammatory religious content
So, everything any muslim uploads ever? We need to report them all and see if they are going to be consistent.

The masses are already at YouTube and most of them will not give a fuck about any of this. They'll stay because they like that place.

They better not take my fucking johnny rebel away!

>hey let's stop putting ads on conservative channels
>forget about that Nursery rhyme finger-family pregnant Elsa live abortion MKultra Spider-Man incest prank playlist of 34,000 videos though lmao

They clearly don't care about money. YT doesn't make any.

Sadly Google has reached "too big to fail" status.

It would take Google committing treason with Al Queda/ISIS to get it shut down at this point. And even then they might beat the wrap....

b8

They want to make money off of EVERYTHING and it's easier for Google to blacklist content makers for wrong think than it is to allow content makers the right to decide who advertises and who can't advertise on their videos.

This.
You'll be able to watch people get shot and beheaded, but not speak.

Don't forget about pedos

But user the recent terrorist attack by Islamophobe proves that racism is the real problem

>pro Islam propaganda still up
>literal pedo network still up
>MONARCH brainwashing channels still up
Really makes me think