Why do millennials chose to do something like yoga instead of weightlifting?

Why do millennials chose to do something like yoga instead of weightlifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ML9yZd7bIvY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This woman's face is narcissism given shape.

Nothing to strive for since the world is going to shit

It's a man

Why not both friend?

I've been lifting for years and I dabble with a bit of yoga. It's honestly a lot harder than it looks.

This is a millennial hate thread, sir.

Came here to say this, lift to expand the muscles, yoga to expand the mind.

GTFO NIHILIST

Not mutually exclusive, my brother in law is a huge fan of yoga and still hits the gym 3 times a week.

So that's why I want to impregnate her abd red pill the her everloving fuck.

Also this.

I weightlift and I was actully considering adding yoga on top of that to increase flexibility

My man

You mean why do females and feminine men. Because the female side of the fitness industry has pushed memes like spot reduction of fat, turning suddenly into a hulk if you lift weights etc.

Yoga has its place. It's a fancy name for stretching and balance exercises. But anyone serious about training knows the value of lifting weights and there are many 20 something year olds who do so.

Also, not politics

Martial arts and yoga is a good combination. You will be fit strong, have endurance, nobody will Fuck with you and the mind is calm.

Millenials are soft cunts
Lifting seems 'too manly' for them, it doesn't fit in their liberal tolerant world

Do U Even Yoga?

youtu.be/ML9yZd7bIvY

I mean you're aware that yoga has existed for thousands of years, and many powerful people throughout history liked and respscted yogis and their practices, right? If you think the middle aged blonde bimbo in the park charging you thirty bucks to stretch with her for an hour is yoga then you don't really know what yoga is.

There's no point to hiding behind that proxy, Joe.

At least keep your body fit while you watch the world burn.

Yoga has a religious element that some millennials use to fill the spiritual hole in their life. It's not directly comparable to weightlifting or other pure fitness activities.

Who has time for either

>yoga to expand the mind
lel

Why do millennials prefer traps to real women?

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Yoga, is in fact, Ayurveda, or as its translatedfrom sanskrit, Life-Wisdom. Yoga is not a wellness system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning wellness system made useful by the yamas, niyamas, and other vital system components comprising the 8 branched system of Ashtanga as defined by Patanjali.

Many western yogis practice a modified version of the Ayurveda every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Ayurveda which is widely used today is often called yoga, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Ashtanga system, developed by ancient practitioners of Ayurveda.
There really is a Yoga, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of Ashtanga. What westerners call yoga is actually Asana: the branch that prescribes a moving physical practice that builds the physical body. Asana is an essential part of Ayurveda, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete wellness system. Asana is normally used in combination with Ashtanga: the whole system is basically Ashtanga with Asana added, or Ayurveda. All the western so-called "yoga classes" are really versions of Ayurveda!

>millenials dont lift

explain crossfit then, OP

lifting is more popular than ever