Okay Sup Forums, after watching this Swedish classic The Seventh Seal...

Okay Sup Forums, after watching this Swedish classic The Seventh Seal, I realized how much deeper and ultimately better classic European films are even compared to the best of classic Hollywood. The Jews in hollywood make fucking stupid movies that melt your brain, fucking wizard of oz, jaws, star wars, while movies like the Seventh Seal show how themes that ive never even seen alluded to in jewllywood films.questions of existence, God, true earthly happiness, objective beauty are all there. In hollywood, sex, sex, murder, blood, sex, sex. Why are European films better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=exjwsyN4PPQ&index=5&list=PLmpGCjM-4vh5zpENzOTNxUuLMMwsyq7ho
listofbestkoreanmovies.com/p/all-movies.html?m=1
youtu.be/pP1QXKbhqr4
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/441057.stm
indiewire.com/2015/06/roy-andersson-explains-why-it-took-25-years-to-make-his-third-film-61261/
indiewire
archive.is/jPAXk
youtube.com/watch?v=FI01rdBF6Gg
youtube.com/watch?v=YD0zeEh5d7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Now go watch Seven Samurai

>star wars, oz, and jaws are the best of classic hollywood
ever heard of Billy Wilder you stupid goon?

True masculinity portrayed on film

The lines are like timeless literature, thought provoking and full of emotion. The jews have dumbed americans down and theyd rather watch Seth ((Rogan))

I was eager to watch this but it disappointed me. It has it's deep moments for sure yet overall I found it quite superficial and very boring.

Actually I'm looking for more philosophical movies, I loved Waking Life, I kind of liked Mindwalk. Do you know any more?

I just got into it like last week, so i haven't watched any of those. Should i look them up? I thought SS was amazing, im still mentally stirred

I knew why ((they)) don't make movies like this in america. The film shows that family is the best mode of society in bringing happiness. ((They'd)) rather us think aspiring to be like james bond is best

>I thought SS was amazing
Maybe I need to watch it again, and then again. I remember there was a long boring ending like maybe the whole second half or so and it might have made me forget about the good parts.

>Should i look them up?
Mindwalk is very liberal (at least for the time it was created) but there are some interesting dialogues. Waking Life... In my opinion, it's just great, true audiovisual art, intriguing topics. Ambivalent about politic issues.

>politic
political

Ill check it out. But honestly, people think that when they watch Monty Python in america theyre automatically intellectual and have good taste. So false. Other than their groundbreaking visual effects, monty python is horrid. The jokes suck, the theme, do they even have theme, is just flippant lets make fun of everything nihilism. John Cleese occasionally draws a laugh only because of his acting skills and shock value. I hate it when peoplr think theyre the best foreign comedy troupe

>(((bergman)))
>he fell for the cultural film meme
kek

Bergman wasnt Jewish u dumb Fuck. He was a Lutheran and of Swedish ancestry.

Well basically you explain it in your OP: Jews own Hollywood. It's also tougher for Jews to get established in the film industry there because the local governments (rightfully) want to charge foreign producers and directors a lot of money to shoot on scene in their countries because they know Hollywood budgets are massive so it's easier for the Jews to just stay in Hollywood and NYC.

>Bergman wasnt Jewish
[citation needed]

Think how many films made in America that take place in "Europe" are just shot somewhere in California. It's easier for me to recognize cause I'm from California but it's a lotttt of movies. Much cheaper and California contains practically every climate and level of development so with creative angles you can pass it off as anywhere else.

I just want to point out that Max von Sydow doesn't fucking age.

What sort of meatball magic is that?

I think he's the greatest actor of all time, personally.

Plenty of -mann and -man names that aren't Jewish. Bergman is a traditional Swedish name, meaning mountain man or miner. Actually, very few names ending in -man or -mann are Jewish, the vast majority are German.

Any recommendations in this vein? Ive been on an older film kick lately myself. Seems the idea of what is masculine has really changed in film and society. You are hard pressed to find anything masculine and not macho in film today.

My theory is that they approach movies as Stage+, rather than their own unique medium.

Exactly. In this self sacrifice is the ultimate masculine virtue, much like Christian teaching. Passion, beauty, family, yet strength and fighting are all wrapped up in Bergmanns Perfect Man

This reminds me of something Bowden was fond of talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=exjwsyN4PPQ&index=5&list=PLmpGCjM-4vh5zpENzOTNxUuLMMwsyq7ho

I only watch 50s and 60s Hollywood films, as well as Japanese, Korean, Italian, Scandinavian and French films.

Ive never watched any gook movies. Any good?

listofbestkoreanmovies.com/p/all-movies.html?m=1

Oh and the best film of last year was the Handmaiden. A great Korean film!

Yasujiro Ozu

>Why are European films better?
Because American film makers aren't trying to make art. They're either trying to make money, or weapons of cultural mass destruction.

Does anybody else enjoy Tarkovsky?

youtu.be/pP1QXKbhqr4

no doubt he'll be the next big one to kick it

'summer with monika' changed my life. the entirety of a human life in under 2 hours. for some reason i think of 'tree of life'
'virgin spring' also fucked me up.
'shame'

It was a good thing that he was a Nazi supporter when he was young.

So much better. Watch Persona, Hour Of the Wolf, Wild Strawberries, Rules of the Game, La Dolce Vita, Rashomon, etc.

You couldn't pay me to sit through Hollywood shit now.

>Sir Block, I'm Death.

You should watch "The Emigrants" and "The new Country". Non-degenerate Swedish classics also starring von Sydow mostly unheard of outside Sweden.

waking life is entry level weed smoker level pseudo-philosophy. try to take these films more seriously and you'll realize there are profound meanings that aren't being spoonfed to you

In general you are correct. Jewish business interests favor media which "dumbs down" the Goy populace, as a broad general rule. But I don't think Hollywood is 100% degenerate.
Even some literal Jews like Kubrick or the Coen Bros. produced films that are rich in meaning and depth of storytelling. And I'm sure Europe has produced its share of degenerate trash, just probably less agressively marketed trash.

only a swede could be this retarded about their own history

ozu makes great subtle films about life and family, kurosawa is often cited as best director of all time, check out tokyo story and throne of blood by each respectively

tarkovsky is severely under-talked about. one of the best of all time

On Sup Forums he used to get shit posted a dozen times a day. Him and Kubrick were basically, what DFW and pynchon are to /lit/

1957 > Kubrick's Paths of Glory
> Lumet's 12 Angry Men
> Lean's Bridge Over the
River Kwai
> Jones' What's Opera Doc

Same year all empirically better films, all American, and all made by some version of the Hollywood Jew. Bergman's pic was a 120 minute jack off

I'm going to try and watch all of these this week

fucking Excalibur, never was there a better rendition of Arthurian legend on the screen.

I'd love to hear Jordan Peterson's take on it, it seems to hit a lot of the metaphysical philosophy of Jungian psychology. The figurative death and rebirth, when Arthur grows into the good king he was destined to be after fighting Lancelot and facing the malices inherited by his father, and literal death and rebirth with journeys into hell to retrieve a revivification of a realm, the rebirth being Arthur's travelling to Avalon upon slaying the sins of his past failures and misjudgements.

>Why are European films better?

Because European films are mostly funded by the state and the rest of the financing comes from media funds, culture foundations etc. so the filmmakers don't have to worry about making profit. American/Hollywood films are financed mostly by corporate hard money, loans and so on so making profit is the #1 goal.

That's why Lars von Trier can make black-pilled art films about the true nature of women year after year while American filmmakers have to churn out endless sequels, remakes, adaptations, video game movies, low-budget horror flicks and sex comedy crap.

Here's a nice unrelated quote from Frank Capra:

>The winds of change blew through the dream factories of make-believe, tore at its crinoline tatters.... The hedonists, the homosexuals, the hemophiliac bleeding hearts, the God-haters, the quick-buck artists who substituted shock for talent, all cried: "Shake 'em! Rattle 'em! God is dead. Long live pleasure! Nudity? Yea! Wife-swapping? Yea! Liberate the world from prudery. Emancipate our films from morality!".... Kill for thrill – shock! Shock! To hell with the good in man, Dredge up his evil – shock! Shock!

if only DFW was half as worthwhile of an artist as tarkovsky... literature is dead to me

Bergman had 8 kids, wew. Wasn't a good dad, though:

>In a quarrel with one of my sons, I said, "I know I've been a lousy father". He said, "A father? You haven't been a father at all!"

>>Because European films are mostly funded by the state and the rest of the financing comes from media funds, culture foundations etc. so the filmmakers don't have to worry about making profit.
Too bad this turned into massive money laundering and only anti-nationalist, pro-LGBTQPXYZ, anti-human bullshit has been funded in the past 20 years or so, and you can't even get money for that if you're not well connected.

>watches a classic film, the best & most well known from one of the 20th century's finest artists at his peak

>generalizes about every movie ever made in USA

>can count to potato

I've read that Ingmar Bergman was a nazi supporter.

That's true.

Bergman admits Nazi past

>Legendary Swedish director Ingmar Bergman has revealed that he was a great admirer of Adolf Hitler, only losing his enthusiasm for Nazism after the horrors of the concentration camps were uncovered.

>Bergman, maker of some of the world's most acclaimed films, has admitted that he was a Nazi sympathiser on previous occasions.

>But he has now said he was impressed by the Nazi dictator after seeing him address a rally, reports the Swedish tabloid Expressen.

>The young Bergman was on an exchange trip to Germany in 1936, staying with a Nazi family when he saw Hitler speak.

>"Hitler was unbelievably charismatic. He electrified the crowd," said the Oscar-nominated film-maker.

>Bergman describes his father as being ultra right-wing and his politics rubbed off on the whole family.

>"The Nazism I had seen seemed fun and youthful," he admitted to the author. "The big threat were the Bolsheviks, who were hated."

>The book also documents an attack by Bergman's brother and friends on a house owned by a Jew. The group daubed the walls with a swastika - the symbol of the Nazis.

>The maker of Fanny and Alexander and The Seventh Seal retained his admiration of Fascism right up to the end of the war.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/441057.stm

Even the most acclaimed modern Swedish director (Roy Andersson) is butthurt about Bergman's views:

>At that time, Hitlerjugend was growing up, and Ingmar Bergman was sent to Germany at that time and also was accepted as a Hitlerjugend guy with a uniform and so on. But that was before the Holocaust. We knew about the Holocaust. So, I mean, Ingmar Bergman couldn’t help that, but no doubt he was very, very right-wing, and very, very egoistical.

indiewire.com/2015/06/roy-andersson-explains-why-it-took-25-years-to-make-his-third-film-61261/

Archived it

>indiewire com/2015/06/roy-andersson-explains-why-it-took-25-years-to-make-his-third-film-61261
archive.is/jPAXk

Bump for more redpilled classic movies and directors.

I for one welcome the artistic accomplishments of our Hebrew overlords.

youtube.com/watch?v=FI01rdBF6Gg

Griffith
Keaton
Capra
Welles
Chaplin
Hitchcock
Sturges
Hawks
Wilder
Wyler
De Mille
Coppola
Lynch
Huston
Ray
Kazan
Altman
Malick
Benning
Curtiz
Mekas
Jost
Reggio
Cassavetes
Sirk
Penn
Scorsese
Ford
Coen
Brooks
Peckinpah
De Palma
Eastwood

Reminder that American cinema is the greatest cinema in the world.

Also you could try watching something other than Bergman's most Reddit flick.
This is fucking embarrassing.

Wizard of Oz was a lovely film.

James Bond is British you retard

He wasn't a kike stupid fuck.

Now remove those filmmakers that aren't American...

Why? They made their careers in Hollywood.

don't neglect 'The Magician'

youtube.com/watch?v=YD0zeEh5d7c

"After the Rain"

classic europe is dead. deal with it

This film is great.

bump

Yasujiro Ozu:
>Late Spring
>Early Summer
>Tokyo Story
>Tokyo Twilight
Akira Kurosawa:
>Rashomon
>Ikiru
>Seven Samurai
>Throne of Blood
>High and Low
>Kagemusha
>Ran
Kon Ichikawa:
>The Burmese Harp
Masaki Kobayashi
>Harakiri
Hiroshi Teshigahara
>Woman in the Dunes

my favourite Bergman films are:
>Persona
>Scenes from a Marriage
>Fanny and Alexander
the first 7 min of Persona outweigh most entire movies

absolutely. Solaris is probably the first one to see, and Stalker is one of the great films of all time. Ivan's Childhood is solid too, but I don't know if I really understood Andrei Rublev - I need to see it again