Muh skilled trades

>muh skilled trades

why are conservadumbs trying to dissuade people from getting a college degree to pursue miserable and dead end career paths like plumbing and welding.

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/ooh/construction-and-extraction/electricians.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because muh redpilled co-workers who laugh along with me when I joke about the jews in the government

>Plumbing/welding
>Dead end careers
Gr8b8m8

become an apprentice you cunt

Union work is pretty sweet. Outside of that you're competing with beaners for 10 bux an hour.

plumr checking in

90% of college degrees are memes. I just graduated with a bachelors in IS which according to my Uni's stats was the 3rd most high paying degree and one of the most in demand degrees offered. I've applied to 150 places in the past few months and have done 5 in person interviews and still haven't landed anything and the positions I interview for start at 35-40k for people without experience as opposed to the 55k my uni said was the average I got jewed.

FUCK ME WE GOT A LIVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>janitor
>don't have to think hard about your job so can concentrate on audiobooks and other things
>dont overwork yourself
>people leave you alone
>wont be replaced by machines within 20 years

Sounds pretty based to me

You know, many moons ago I would have called OP a faggot and said trades are a viable skill, but honestly these days it's hit or miss. I work retail at a home improvement store and the amount of people that come in that do all the shit themselves is really mind blowing, because nowadays all the stuff that you used to call a plumber or electrician for you can just go on to YouTube, watch a video, and do it yourself. The only time you really need tradesmen now is if you're doing actual construction and building a new building or something, otherwise the days of the handyman are coming to an end.

And the elderly or rich. Journeyman Plumber reporting in.

I'm 30, aside from two friends who happened to be incredible natural salesmen and who both work for various tech companies as their business directors of sales all of the guys I know who went to trades school over 4 year are doing much better than the guys who went to 4 year.

Electrician friends are making absolute kilings, dont even get me started on plumber friend who runs his own business.

Skilled trade isn't janitor you fucking idiot.

basic residential construction shit is not what you want, you want heavy industry shit or commercial electric.
Dude I make 50k at a trade job I had zero previous experience or qualification for, got trained on the job.

>dead end career paths

and you listed

>plumbing
>welding

Somebody is always going to need something fixed, built, or replaced. Those trades are marketable skills and not many millennials are even wanting to touch those fields none the less even work. What's next being a pilot, electrician or a Carpenter is bad too?

You're seriously a moronic idiot. Stick to your Low IQ tech support job in a sweaty, dirty office somewhere.

haha
looks as if people have finally woken up to the university dead end lots of debt scam
Looks as if the scammers are losing shekels

A plumber makes almost as much as a brain surgeon. You just have to be willing to stick your hands in shit.

Plumber>some gay degree.

Also I should have mentioned I've only been working there 2 years.

>college
4 years 42 thousand dollars later. 4 years you weren't working or making connections. 4 years you decided to waste your parents money and time buying natural light standing on top of your fraternity brother's roof screaming at the top of your lungs at 4am in the morning. Just to wake up and puke 4 times before class starts.

Collegefags need to grow up and come to grips with reality that the real world doesn't exist within a college bubble.

Depends on the degree

Trades are far more useful than libtard arts or ----studies. If you're not going for a useful degree like engineering or sciences etc and are going for s useless libtard degree you're literally wasting your money and are heading for a job at McDonald's if you're lucky

>1 post by this ID
Stop replying to these shit bait threads you fucking faggots.

>Another one of these college threads.

The people making these threads are just trying to gain sympathy for their poor decision for going and studying art for the last 4 years.

Fuck, I was making 25/hr as a school janitor that's way better than most of you fucks flipping burgers and serving coffee while 100k in the hole

also depends on what you like. I studied engineering and just enjoy what I do more than I'd enjoy being a plumber, shekels be damned

>school janitor
>25/hr

I'll only believe you if the school was in New York City and it was 15 hours a week.

All my buddies at work and friends in trades are red pilled as fuck. Only the ones that went to college ended up fucked up, leftist, SJW, etc. You might be on to something.

Hey Cunt,

Someone will always have to do small jobs and stuff you can't do on industrial scales.

some asshole is always going to have to come and fix someones plumbing, and it pays.

unless we invent a humanoid android and in that case who gives a fuck, party.

>Inb4 200 replies

yep, they paid to enter a liberal, atheistic, indoctrination day care.

Everyone always makes fun of plumbers but the world literally would not function like it does at all without them for the past 100+ years.

your probably a huge autist and the interviewers are picking up on that instantly. if you actually networked in college like most people you'd have a job already. betting $100 that you didn't intern anywhere either. dumbass autist.

anyways OP everyone rails on college because 99% of the posters on here are extremely unintelligent and likely didn't take the SAT/ACT or scored very low and couldn't make it into college and are NEETs anyway. pure jealousy is why they make fun of college.

The only ones that went to college and ended up being force fed the red pill were teachers.

Industrial HVAC tech reporting in. I'm a member of the local 100 Plumbing and Pipe fitters union working for a very reputable engineering firm. I make +100K with full benefits and I get a pension. Suck it, college NEETs.

>Be plumber
>Make $85,000 moosebucks a year with a year of schooling and an apprenticeship
>Dead-end job

>dead end career paths like plumbing and welding.
You mean high paying trades where most people end up being debt free and running their own business by the time they're 35? Seriously, try hiring a welder with a pressure ticket for any less than $80/hr.

I mean what we really need is more baristas and fry cooks holding a $45,000 piece of paper for a field of study that is either completely saturated and you work for peanuts or outright doesn't even exist anymore. You would think that after spending so many years in academia they would at least clue in that, outside of most STEM majors, what they're essentially doing is burning money to become self righteous assholes that are no further ahead in the job market than high school dropouts.

Who will work on your cars and shit or how will robots be Mađe if you have no one who knows how machines work and how to fix them

>Been doing CNC machining for 5 years
>I make $27/hour + benefits
>Literally no education after high school
It's bretty gud desu senpai

OP's right. trade jobs have a career plateau. society's upper echelon jobs will always be closed to you. forever

I don't think it's about dissuading people from going to college but about making sure people are aware there are other options. The attitude in the US is that if you don't go to college you are destined to be a failure for ever and ever and that simply isn't true. This leads to an enormous amount of people going to universities who really shouldn't be for financial or intellectual reasons. I have a friend who was so drunk and stupid during his college years he honestly struggles to remember what his degree was even in and continues to work food service. People like that exist all over because of how toxic and wrong the culture about higher education is

>implying beaners with criminal records are not all over in trades

I started as a riveter in my shop 2 years ago, started at $14, up to $20/hr now, still not technically a machinist, just an operator. Going to school to be an electrician while working 44 hours a week and paying for school completely out of pocket. Feelsdeadendman

>dead end career paths like plumbing and welding.

Work as a high school custodian right now making 21$ an hour, unionized and excellent benefits. Feels good.

that's true. stupid people aren't worth wasting higher education on. the problem is when it's generalized to ALL people shouldn't go to college. obviously it depends on fit

The cure for that is starting your own business. My grandfather charges 100/h as an electrician and is definitely on the cheaper end for our area. I've worked with a welder who charged 200/h and always had work.
Sure, an in demand STEM degree is usually better provided your grades are good and you have internships, but not everyone want to/can/should do that.

Information Systems? Man I was majoring that but I realized holy shit I'm literally learning nothing. Sure the two programming classes were challenging but Telecommunication Networks was like a half asses run through Network+ and Security+. Taking that class will teach you basically nothing and the degree is like 8 or 9 classes just like that. Why don't I just study for the certs directly? For $1300 it's a joke that you only learn how to memorize the required concepts that are purely abstract to you. I had no confidence that I would be able to get a job in IT after that and nobody told me about CompTIA back then. I just think for the proves colleges charge they should be teaching you marketable skills and handing you certifications because there's a lot of money on the line and everybody is there to get a job. .

>get a college degree to become a barista at starbucks or get replaced by a pajeet
>learn a trade and have real life, in demand skills

Yes GOYM go to college, here take this loan ;) don't look at all the union jobs paying mid twenties an hr with a pension. What's a pension? Shhhh your generation will speak of no such thing

>tfw seeing adds for plumbers paying $47 per hour in my city
>tfw the average college degree gets you $12 per hour in an office/call center
lol

This will only continue as less and less people go into trades. Meanwhile the market is over saturated by college degrees and they barely mean anything anymore, just means you have a lot of debt.

At my work, the electricians make more than the low to mid-level engineers. Plus they get loads of overtime while the engineers never get any.

Take a loan to study anthropology in uni then, just don't expect to find a job afterwards.

Haha yeah why learn a marketable trade when you can get a degree in anthropology and flip burgers for $8/hr.

Electricians make bank. I just opened up my local craigslist for shits and the first link I saw was hiring electricians with only 2 years of experience for 25-35/h

Too many bait threads lately.
Lefty cucks so bored now the only thing they have left is bait.

This is coming from liberal pedophile faggots with blue hairs who major in arts history and minimum wage with their daddies money. Here's a tip liberal faggot. Next time you need your oil changed, car fixed, house repaired or everything else you can't do just be thankful someone else learned how to.

>college degrees are dead ends now
if everyone has one no one has one

>the positions I interview for start at 35-40k for people without experience as opposed to the 55k my uni said was the average I got jewed.
The is decent pay for someone without experience dumbfuck, you think just because you have a degree they should give you 60k job? This is what dumbasses on both sides dont understand, is that you need both a college degree and experience to get anywhere. So take those 30-40k jobs, and in a few years companies would love you. You would have shown that you are educated and can work.
You remind me of the faggot ass friends I went to college to get a criminal justice degree with (yes pretty useless but hold on) Basically they all had dreams of going FBI, Border Patrol/Customs or any of the cool Federal agencies. Each time police departments or correctional departments came around looking for recruit they will look down at them and refuse to apply when I will tell them to.
>Shit I aint trying to be a cop, I want to go FBI bro
Because God forbid college graduates get a blue collar job as a police officer instead of a prestigious job as a federal agent. I had 3 years in the Army infantry and still applied and become a cop as soon as I graduated from college. Because I knew I needed the experience in LE to get to those federal agencies to even look at me. Shit I could of just used my Military experience and college degree to get there, but I was humble enough to start from the bottom. I am a Border Patrol agent now and my dumbfuck friends still unemployed because they refuse to work anything that is not their dream job that pays 70k a year or barely starting to work in jails or small town police departments when if they had done that while in college they would of had 2-3 years of experience as cops or prison guards to go along with that college degree. They would of been on their way to those federal jobs they always wanted. Take those 30-40k jobs dumb faggot. Degree + Experience = Those jobs college promised you

by upper echelon i don't mean salary/hr, although it's often correlated. i mean power, influence. how many fortune 500 ceo's, presidents, movers and shakers do you know without a college degree?

depends what uni

Bill Gates for one

Because a good tradesman can earn up to £40,000 to £60,000 a year, were as some 18 kid fresh out of college with £27,000 debt will be lucky to get a job at Starbucks with there degree in 'social studies'

again, depends what uni. prestige matters more than substance

How'd you get a foot in that
I'll finish up my HVAC course in March and want to know what steps I should be taking
All my instructors tell me industrial is the place to be, that or a hospital.

Mark Zuckerberg and Steve Jobs

he actually got into harvard. i have no problems with drop outs. that's different than not even trying, and thinking you're 'too good' for college

again, dropouts

see

To be fair the best thing you can do for yourself when you are young is do a trade for a career and take a 4 year course at the same time.

Reason I say this you want to be in postion of owning/managing your own business and employees with out wrench spinning. Plus 45 you don't wanna be doing construction work especially stuff that's hard on your body like commercial diving or lineman work.

Why do libtards think tens of thousands of dollars worth of debt is worth it for a feminist dance therapy degree

You said without a degree, they don't have a degree.

Move those goalposts.

>concrete finisher
>28/hr
>42/hr after (plentiful) overtime
>growing company in one of the fastest booming cities
>mfw I will own my own house by the time I'm 25, debt-free, and have the choice of starting a new business or actually going to uni
>this is without any post-secondary education

>non-geo flag
>dead end career path
>plumbing and welding
0/10 nigger, try harder

>Implying janitor is a bad job
Cute

College is for people who are too stupid to make money using skills they taught themselves growing up. What the fuck have you idiots been doing your entire childhood? I spent my time learning to program and create 3d models, and now I run a game studio and make more money than I'll ever need, while basically doing fuck all. Feelsgoodman

Try find a good job with a Women Literacy degree

Investment Advisor
Trader

HS degree with certifications. Takes about 3-4 weeks training to do either. If you're really slow 3-4 months.

60k starting most places

because there isn't enough cushy educated jobs for everyone.
if there are few plumbers, people will have to pay them more.
those who are in the position to push agendas want less people "in their side" and more people in "the other side"

Local 68
NJ
45/hr

i couldn't care less if dumb fucks stake their futures on the outliers rather than the norm

OP is a poo in loo? Any bets?

Fine with me my dude, give me a call when you make it as a Fortune 500 CEO, alright?

The norm is a middle class lifestyle. What's so bad about that? They consistently earn above the median wage in the US but somehow they're poor, dumb idiots? Not everyone can make 250k in NYC or 300k in silicon valley.

space station 13 is a great game that lets you play as a janitor

Not gonna lie mate, but where I live, you may as well start working at Wal-Mart if you have a certification in MIG.
>Get all my shit together to work at a steel fabrication plant.
>Suddenly they lay off.
>Hired back on.
>Whoops sold to Canada.
>Laid off again.
>Hired back, whoops not diverse enough.
>Tyrone catches shit on fire.
>Laid off again.
>Whoops shut down.
>Whoops sold to another Canadian.
>Whoops now your boss is China man.
>Whoops laid off again.
Id rather go fork lift shit at Walmart then deal with it anymore.
>Hey son, you can wield, how about you put on this scuba tank and dive to the bottom of this damn and fix this shit.
No thanks fucker.

On the other hand.
>Work as a janitor.
>Wow its fucking nothing.
>Get paid to stand around cleaning.
>Women complain about this shit.
Having worked in another steel plant, lifting 100 pound plates every few seconds, ill gladly take pushing a mop for 50 cents less.

Because shit like Women Studies is gonna get you on welfare and I don't want my taxes to go to freelancing libshits

>College degree
> Remotely useful
> be me, got 2 bachelor degrees one in mathematics, one on economics.
> look for anyone hiring, same fucking excuse every time. "Lack of references, Lack of Experience."
> working 12$ and hour job as a line cook busting my ass, working next to mexicans that can't even speak english getting the same pay.
> be over 50k in debt

I SURE GOT FUCKING JEWED.

they'll never be able to take skills away from you without severely damaging you. After all, I'm Floridian and picked the smart path and decided to learn how to become an air conditioning repairman. That job is complex, branches out into other machines should the market get too flooded, and will always have a market as long as there are floridians.

Because minorities fight eachother but the poor are not a minority

Industrial Electrician here, will make 100k this year by the EOFY. Only graduated high school.

I went to trade school, then the oil industry crashed and all the jobs here dried up

It was a meme now I regret not going to university

you're a bad troll

Started plumbing career at 19, and owned my own house by 22. I doubt I could've done that if I went to college.

I don't think there's an issue with "dead end" when you can make a living out of it.

I can't speak for other countries, but here plumbers make a decent amount of money.

You watch, in the next few decades this income will double. Even though right now I could go work Boston rate and make $50/hr. Old people are dying and young people don't work. Supply is running out, and demand is getting high.

bls.gov/ooh/construction-and-extraction/electricians.htm

>My refrigerator stops working. Word of mouth tells me to call "Refrigerator Jack".
>I call him
>Tell him the problem (warm at top, frozen at bottom)
> Jack says I can fix it. Be right there.
>Shows up in an hour. Fixes the busted part.
>"That will be $175 user"
>Happily pay him.
>Ask how he does refrige work
>Tells me he went bust in the 2009 real estate collapse
>Tells me he went to a junior college, got a certificate in refrigeration repair
>Bought van, started advertising
>Does 7 repairs a day at average $200/repair.
>I do the math
>mfw I am getting my certificate in refrigeration!

Just work hard!

I'm a Paramedic, promoted to Captain within 6 years. Currently on more or less a paid vacation at a class they sent me to. Just finished a beer, will have a jog in a bit.

I get 4 days off a week and a state retirement. I will eventually finish a BS but it's just a backup plan. I run a small business on the side for passive income.

Beats anything I would've gone to college for, and I didn't burn up 4 years of my life paying a bunch of jew proxies.

These threads are dumb simply because every state is different. One state might offer you a good job in your field, while another will offer nothing. It all depends where you live, what school you graduate from, and what degree(s) you have. I wish it wasn't this difficult to make a living, but it is. That's why I'm a neet. :)

This thread has triggered my anxiety.
Make me feel better pol.
Valedictorian in high school
Full ride plus 8k a year cash to go to undergrad
Thought I wanted to do medical school until I didn't
Tons of work/mgmt/and leadership exp from 2 jobs I had during college and over the summer.
Worked a shit maintenance job fit a year
Do career counseling.
Decide to go to MBA school
Get full scholarship w/grad assistant ship
I'm fine on money, I have 15k saved up plus 6k in an IRa I opened at 21 plus a 1 year old car that I paid cash for, but I'm terrified I won't make connecteions or get a good job coming out of MBA school.

Where are you at? In my area there are not enough tradesmen. We have to hire from all over the country. For one job the newspaper said we were 100 carpenters short and couldn't make deadlines.

I made $400 today painting in 6 hrs of work at a 1200 acre ranch in West Central Idahoo . Just did a west coast road trip 1800 miles for 2 weeks . I could never sit inside at a desk and sit in traffic to and from work in giant cities 9-5 that's a rip-off if ya ask me . Antifa 4 lyfe