Mods, can you -please- get rid of that new stupid fucking flag system...

Mods, can you -please- get rid of that new stupid fucking flag system. It ruins the whole flag thing which used to be brilliant.

The flags added greatly to the richness of Sup Forums, and added whole new dimensions to the threads and discussions. These new flags are fucking retarded. Are they meant to add to the userbase? Are they meant to attract elementary school kids who want to pretend to be nazis and pirates? Seriously, what the fuck? That's the only type of thing they would accomplish. An absolutely great thing was turned into something that would attract 11 year old kids. It's not only useless but takes away from the extra dimensions. that the flags added.

I thought they would be gone by now, but no, the stupid things are still here even though the strawpoll showed that vast majority of people don't want them, they only want it like it was with the original country flags.

PLEASE do something about this travesty.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CCLpjOA8iUU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This. The new flags are causing more trouble than they are worth.

a fucking leaf.
we need a BLM flag

>new flag system
this is why r/t_d newniggers need to fuck off

The flags are fine and all the geoflags did was encourage people to make the same four shitty meme posts about countries ad nauseum. You have two entire boards to go repeat your worn out memes on which goes up to three if you count Sup Forums and don't mind pretending you care about niggerball.

the future is here, leaf.

Fuck off, reddit.

>all the geoflags did was encourage people to make the same four shitty meme posts about countries ad nauseum.

That's total bullshit, the geoflags were wholly responsible for fostering countless entire threads and discussions. And it adds richness knowing how people typically post and how they think depending on the region they are from.

>canuckuck butthurt

>new

>Reddit

Look who's talking you fag pirate little fucking brat underage kid. I've never even posted there before. I been here since '07

You seem newer than these flags, I propose it's you redditors we get rid of.

Countless shitty threads and discussions that were filled with dozens of "A FUCKING LEAF", "POO IN LOO", and "SWEEDEN YES" style responses that do nothing to make the board less shit. Go post on fucking /bant/ if you want Sup Forums with flags.

>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF
enriching

>Countless shitty threads and discussions that were filled with dozens of "A FUCKING LEAF", >"POO IN LOO", and "SWEEDEN YES" style responses that do nothing to make the board less shit.

Yeah, that's true, but you don't have to be in one of those threads if you don't want.

The geoflags added, the new stupid flags taketh away.

>but you don't have to be in one of those threads if you don't want
This is a bullshit excuse for people that just like to fill the catalog with garbage threads that should result in bans but don't because lolnomods. You now have AN ENTIRE BOARD for exactly the kind of posting you're looking for and I suggest you and everyone who shares your opinion use it.

fuck off, nigger. being able to filter kekistani flags is the only thing that keeps this board decent.

Bullshit. Of all boards, the geoflags were the most relevant by far.

The geoflags did cause some problems, but it also gave an important context to a persons opinion. Opinions and responses to current events are different depending on the ways that you're affected, and the geoflags were relevant due to this boards focus on international events and politics

I picked the wrong time of day for this. It's mostly just faggots up right now. I'm tired of you buttpirates.

Any, most people by far here feel the same, so sayeth the poll.

This, thank you.

>newf(l)ags

Exactly this actually. Plus it's just interesting to see what countries are posting.

You sound like a whiny Feminists and SJW claiming the white male is ruining everything.

No that would be Sup Forums which was the place Sup Forums lifted most of the country related memes from after they'd already gone stale with Sup Forums probably in a close second.

And lucky for everyone they're still optional so when it's relevant someone can use them. Not that it really matters when it's trivial to just use a proxy to make some overdone bait post about being a cuckold with a Swedish flag or a bad joke in broken English with a nip flag for easy (You)s.

Personally, I'm ashamed to be Canadian and the AnCap flag makes me feel more at ease.
It's like going from a nigger to a light skinned nigger.

Hurr, good post. You prove my point retard.

>MUH 2007
You know what doesn't have flags? Reddit.
It's time to leave, faggot.

Go look for your dick, Chang

Blaming a virtual flag for all your woes

seriously, most of these flags were what we had here from years ago, smfh

>I been here since '07
>thinking these flags are new

yeah, fuck off plebbit canadian

Glad to see all of these obvious Sup Forums veterans carrying out the spirit of Sup Forums by calling OP a reddit faggot, and not actually commenting on their opinion or view of the flag system at all.

I 100% agree. The last system with country flags only was great, it added so much more to the board in that it genuinely did give users a feel of what the general attitude was on the right of each country. People complain that it created memes (a roach, a fucking leaf etc) but these will be the same people who tell you stereotypes don't exist, when they actually do, and they form for a very good reason--that enough people have noticed the same trend over and over.
I can understand that it may be frustrating if you are an Indian to get a lot of poo in loo comments, (and these are the only ones that I think are stupid, as they're not cultural, so I can understand the annoyance to some extent) but just ignore them and read the sensible ones. You will still get the same number of sensible responses as anyone else; you'll just also get some that are from people that wouldn't have posted a comment but just thought they'd be 'funny'. To take away a key component of Sup Forums just because of a few cry babies is the exact opposite of the type of thing this board stands for--it is anti Sup Forums

Tl;dr just grow up and ignore the stupid comments, don't expect daddy Sup Forums to disguise you to help censor and block peoples' reaction to you. It's like the fucking snowflake left.

I meant new to the board. Holy fuck you guys with those flags are stupid, no comprehension whatsoever. Again, just proves my point, probably some underage b& with a warped mind from Sup Forums

I have an idea
>Do not respond to fagflag threads
>Do not respond to fagflag poster no matter what the shitpost
>sage goes in all fields?

Well done post man, you got the points across good. Thanks eh.

Kill yourself you larping cancer

DIXIE

I know what you meant, you fucking retard. I'm telling you that these flags aren't new and if you were really here since 07 you'd fucking know that. again, fuck off plebbit canadian.

1488 MATE youtu.be/CCLpjOA8iUU

Yeah, and then we got rid of them for a fucking reason.
At the very MINIMUM a separate forced geoflag needs to go into effect. We all know who the shitposters are here, this is a blatant attempt to keep them from being held accountable for their sins.

masochistic leaf misses simpler days when people berated him rather than the loser with the kekistan flag

You stupid retarded fuck.

>OP is not gay
>OP is a leaf

The fuck is going on here?

you have to go back

how? if what you're saying is true, bringing these flags back should tell you who's shitposting and baitposting better and easier than before.

go back to plebbit, newfag canadian

Not if you can just up and choose your identity with the click of a button.

+1

Or make it so two flags show, origin and ideology.

Hey mods, how about the poll? Nobody wants them. Doesn't what people here want figure in to this at all?

>waaahh people are shitposting and LARPing because of these non-geo flags
>I can't tell who's shitposting and LARPing because of these non-geo flags

pick one and only one, leaftard.

I like this idea, but it becomes weird if a person doesn't associate with an ideaology. Ideas for that?

>newfags too new to realize the flags were brought back out of retirement
>implying people don't just larp behind international proxies
They should always show geographic location flags and let the LARPing flags be an option and display both.

>Or make it so two flags show, origin and ideology.
Even this makes a lot more sense than the way it is now.

But it isn't as if the flags you can choose are anything but bait. It's not like you can pick a country's flag (unless you use a VPN or something)

Default to just the origin flag only, if no ideology flag selected.

Why?
They're shitposting and LARPing harder because it's harder to call them out.
False dichotomy.

>2012 facebook tier meme
>same fucking thread over and over
>complaining about a feature that adds to anonymity on an anonymous website
piss off

I could see this working quite nicely actually. Of course there will still be "A. FUCKING. LEAF" equivilents from this, but I think it could help create a better understanding of what certain geographical groups of people are like. Based on what ideaology flag they use.

A. FUCKING. SWASHBUCKLER

newfag

Yeah, but are you a Chinese software pirate, or a Moorish slave pirate, or are you are a Canadian butt pirate? See we have to know your origin to diplomatically make fun of people.

if they're doing it harder because of these flags, they must be using these flags to do it, right? so when you see something fishy and one of these flags, you can use your brain and more easily identify them and what they're doing, and if you can't, that means they aren't fucking using these flags to shitpost any more than they were before the flags came back, and you're just being a whiny leaftard

What are your pronouns, you little tosser?

>i cant ad hom peoples flags anymore
>reeeeeeeeee

get fucked, leaf

haha autistic freeloaders BTFO

funny

THIS

tru

x10,000

except for the proxy effect you shart

ur still a nigger

All I want to say is, having identifiers on a forum saying it upholds freedoms of expression in highest regards, during a time when people lose their reputations and jobs for unattractive opinions, is literally faggotry AND bullshit of the highest order.

DEATH TO ALL FALSE FLAG FAGGOTS YOU ARE CANCER

you best watch that hate speech, britbong cuck

>A leaf whining
What a surprise...

That's the dumbest fucking argument. Nobody has lost their job based on a Sup Forums flag you hyperbolic twit.

False flags are summerfags.

Prove me wrong.

>protip: you can't

have not seen a single indian flag since the change,the mod is obviously a shit skin poo in loo or possible a canadian?
why would you even hide your flag unless you are a shill or ashamed of your country anyway?
just don't reply to them and they will get hungry for those (you)s.
captcha was "road toilets" kek

>just don't reply to them and they will get hungry for those (you)s.

That would be the best policy until hopefully they change it back.

it does really hurt the site when I have to ignore those flags tho,it basically destroys any chance of conversation because you automatically think the new flag is a shill.

Can count on my hands the times I've applauded a leafposter, but here's a well earned (You) based Canadabro. underrated post.

Stop trying to express your identity through your stupid flag like some kind of teenager dressing to show their ideological allegiances. This is Sup Forums, and you should be using your words and arguments to express yourself. It's so pathetic that some people see this stupid flag option and think 'oh look, a chance to show people my political pronouns'.

Thanks for backin' me up bros! You guys aren't too bad either.

The crazy thing is now I see the rare based leafs that were so hard to find before and you making this thread kind of means they will go back to swede/canada proxy and I am gonna miss you bro...you just can't win with shills.
Ohwell, |I will just see a random based leaf post in the future and think of you.
have some tits.

lol, thanks man, I appreciate that. That's a damn fine woman you posted too, I'll keep that, thanks.

So much this.
I think the only people that like it are posters from Sweden, India, and other international laughing stocks. Right now there are weak-minded fags hiding their pathetic nationality instead of just nutting up and facing the fire.

This.

Nationalism covers all countries.
They should accept those insults like a real man.

holy shit,,, they legit can not handle the bantz so bad they have to use the new flags,should we just call them newflags or ignore them?

>Newflags
This.

Totally agreed. Edgelords can concern troll even harder and fuel contrarian nonsense.

still gives them (yous)s though,welcome to a new idea if you have a solution other that just flat out ignoring them we need to label them with something or just post under them with a " the poster above me is a newflag"
or the mods realise how fucking gay they are being and change it back or give us all 2 flags.
honestly I miss poo in loos,sometimes they made good posts.

kill yourselves

Remove ID's, leave new old flags. Fuck summerfags

Stop trying to be Australia, leaf. When you try to subtle shitpost it doesn't work

Why not have both?

Geographic location always shows first, then there is the option of having a second flag.

We could have Swedish Nazis, Swiss pirates, British jihadis, and French black nationalists. Loads of fun!

While we're at it, how about zooming in on some of the flags a bit so the symbols are a bit clearer (i.e. no more cyclopean pirates or Templars without a cross)

>A fucking leaf.

This.

>whining this much
Go back faggot

They did this to generate higher traffic. Countries that used to only lurk can now post. This is here to stay, unfortunately.