Why is Cannabis still Illegal?

Hey Sup Forums, are there really any reasons that recreational cannabis is still illegal almost worldwide? And why does the US government hassle other governments to keep it illegal? Do you think that the US will legalize on a national level under Trump, despite Sessions stance on it?
>inb4 degenerate

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-proposition64-cash-snap-20161102-story.html
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0041008X06000093
ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6818588
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3389568/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4642772/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18238947
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606907/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037578/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19630708
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2484906
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1463999/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
pnas.org/content/111/47/16913.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593817/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23795762
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14616175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032500/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5149055/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26773900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750321
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122896
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166005#sec013
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's legal in most states.

Recreational in 4 states plus DC is "most"?

Because it just isn't profitable for them, and for a fair amount of users opens their eyes to alot of things. It takes them out of the box, so to say. Mostly, not profitable enough when any idiot who can grow a tomato can grow dope if they do legalise it. If you keep it illegal, you control the supply. Same reason for licensed "dispensaries". The best step is legalisation of person growth, as this fucks the Jew up. Hence reluctance to do this, even against mounting pressure and evidence it's best for all, because it removes "dealers" from the equation. Ever wonder why the US was so involved in this "war on drugs"? They mostly control the supply of cocaine and opium now. The CIA is making mad scrilla. Just can't do that with dope, because any idiot can grow it. You can't control that game no matter how you try.

Reminds me of 4ch a bit.

daily reminder that soros supports legalization so you know its bad

nobody has funneled enough money to politicians yet.

Hard to monetize when this shit grows like a weed anywhere you put it

>its
Literally fuck you.

Logical fallacy

not an argument

N I G G E R
I
G
G
E
R

P.s. pls see

latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-proposition64-cash-snap-20161102-story.html

Dude

Lmao

I guess I'm a little too trusting of the political system. Part of me still really wants to believe there isnt an entire shadow govt driven by depp pockets.

It's tradition.

Not sure what your refering to as "It". Is the goverment legalization and regulation of Cannabis or, the plant and it's psychoactive properties? Provide better context and clarification, faggot.
The only reason soros supports legalization is simply because he knows the government will tax the ever living shit out of it and as you might know, the river of shekels has already overflown in the state of colorado. It's only a matter of time before it's "legalized" nationwide.

Excuse you?

It causes bitch tits and schizophrenia.

Weed is for niggers and in america that's fine but for civilised countries we don't allow it.

Weed raises Estrogen levels:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0041008X06000093

Weed decreases testosterone and growth hormone, tobacco increases them (but also raises cortisol which is a catabolic hormone):
ukcia.org/research/EndocrineEffects.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6818588
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3389568/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405

Weed Smokers Have More Violent Convictions:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342

Weed Causes Cancer:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4642772/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18238947

Weed Reduces Volume Of Various Regions Of The Brain And Negatively Effects Motivation :
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4104335/

Weed Is Addictive:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3606907/

Weed Causes Long Term Cognitive Damage:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3037578/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19630708
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3221171/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2484906
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1463999/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0055821
pnas.org/content/111/47/16913.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3593817/

Weed Causes Depression And Anxiety Disorders:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23795762
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14616175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032500/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5149055/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26773900
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10750321
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0122896
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0166005#sec013

it being just pot in general. i believe he supports it because its the only drug that you can be bored and be perfectly fine with it. it makes people lazy niggers that dont work and just eat and smoke pot all day long. plus the fact that its "marketed" as nonaddictive safer than mcdonalds and all that other bullshit. when its really not at all

This is what I've found, considering the average Congress member's age is somewhere around the 70s, I figured that what had stopped legalization was the general "reefer madness" ideology
I guess decriminalization does count

also what has posted

It makes people retarded, lower reaction time, lower IQ, and most importantly makes people critically unaware of themselves and their actions

Remember, most violent criminals smoke weed

fuck legalization

Holy shit, how long have you been saving those links?
>Thanks though, will be reading through these

Hyperbole much?

You are talking about alcohol, weed keeps you slim and opens your eyes. Weed is the ultimate redpill.

Source?

Actually weed repairs damaged braincells, you are just ignorant.
All you listed are goverment lies, weed is bad if you smoke it all day everyday.

But when used as responsible adult, its safest and least damaging choise for getting wasted.

Losers are losers it doesnt matter what they are using

It doesn't particularly matter what it's immediate or long term effects are on the human body. It, along with other substances, should be legalized and unregulated because I think it would help promote the idea of liberty with personal conseqence, however, I think it's wrong and immoral to promote the usage of such substances on a societal level. I agree with you, if you let Cannabis consume your life, you become nothing more than a cyst growing and leaching off the back of society. Personally, I enjoy a couple bongs hits once in awhile on the weekends when I don't have work the next day but, that isn't really the point.

Because weed being illegal makes it all the more appealing to susceptible young and edgy teens that will eventually use lmaoweed culture as their identity and flush any chance of success they had in life by smoking the bud all day every day... but not really

it can be grown by anyone and everyone, meaning easy and untaxable money for the average Joe
It is a relief for the tools of working class life, without putting you under the boot of alcoholism
Basically that's it... the powers that be don't want us pouring the liquid jew down the sink

Literally none of that stuff is legit

I wouldnt say all of it isn't true, but speaking on personal experience weed helps my depression greatly and is really the only time I smoke.

Sorry bud but the reason you don't want to believe it is it's true. Been there, came through it. The only way to beat them is to kill them all. Many have tried in history. Hitler. Stalin. Mao. Pinochet. Etc etc etc anyway they've all failed like fuck because fucking Jews and not enough time.

Gr8 b8 I can't believe people took it. 10/10

It and the culture surrounding it are degenerate.

No it's not

Yes, it is.

the culture is degenerate, thats really it.

Because it's a drug and drugs are for losers and commies.

Alaska
Washington
Oregon
California
Colorado
Massachusettes
Vermont

Oh shit nevermind Vermont governor vetoed it.

why? because big pharma

Makes petroleum less valuable.

If I were being cynical, I'd say it was that the world isn't keen on something well documented to lead to changes in perception or wants to crack down on something that could compete with other industries.

I think its more likely that its a hang on from times past where people didn't understand mind altering drugs and thought it was because demons or more dangerous than it is or something. I expect it'll change during this century.

Prone to taking the 'your body, your rules' stance here and saying there's little point in regulating what people put inside them. Its hard to police anyway and leads to people doing time and becoming criminalized for a few dumb decisions rather than being a hardened criminal.

GTFO with nigger grass.