Does Sup Forums believe in an afterlife?

I've been talking to people of various faiths recently and it's interesting hearing their opinions on the matter, from Christians to Wiccans and Atheists alike.

Drink a gallon of bleach and get back to us on the details.

Think back and remember how things were before you were born. That is what the afterlife will be like.

you will live again but have absolutely no recognition of ever having lived a previous life

God damn you were so fucking close to an epic get. Points for trying tho.

When you die you go back to a state of pure energy, and you can choose to stay that way or be reborn.

I really did just have that image lying around in my folder, too. I wonder who got that get.

nice failed GET

Ty, it was close.

citation needed

what would that feel like?

You're in the afterlife, nigga. Congrats on fucking up in your previous life.

No. Think about it. It would be worse than anything you could imagine if it were real.
Complete darkness with no sound, no smell, no nuthin. You'd be praying for death from death.

like the life you are living now

there isn't, it's just an infinite sleep where you never wake up

That's not what most people perceive the afterlife to be, user. Though I imagine people would just drive themselves insane and settle into a sort of psychosis like living in a dream.

I don't think there's an afterlife.

The only thing which has any scientific proof is the fact that we do get 'reincarnated' in the sense that the matter we are made of isn't lost, but is in fact reused. And if we are lucky we might be part of another living organism.

i don't know if thats enough mmystical mumbojumbo for most religious people

Why do we have flair?

I *know* there's an afterlife OP
Proof seen with my own eyes and more than once
Did you know humans can see and hear less than 2% of everything that exists around us? Did you know that?
So while most human eyes are oblivious to 98% of what exists around them, some humans get occasional glimpses. And the dead are not dead by any means.
They have a finely tuned sense of justice, I should add
Doesn't bode well for the shits currently 'alive' on the planet. They are going to shit themselves when they're kicked out of their mortal bodies, some far more than others

The afterlife exists, heaven exists for believers in christ, everyone else goes to hell.

You die every night and wake up as a new person with the same memories. Eventually, the cycle stops.

were just on earth to pay some bills, no spirituality ignore it, continue your life of degeneracy goyim nothing to see, move along nothing to see

In a way.

Part of you is linked to your physical body, to your brain: the information that's stored locally in there will die with your body.

But another part of you is actually a part of a higher universal consciousness, and that part returns to the source once your body dies. You can experience that higher side of your consciousness through Psilocybin with the McKenna method. You can try DMT too, but the experience is too extreme to even comprehend it.

Beware, if you're evil you won't be allowed enter the high dimensions of consciousness.

>You die every night
When will this meme end, you dream.
>Insert shakespeare about do you dream when you die, too.

I've considered trying DMT or something to experience ego death so I can be more at peace with the idea.

I half jokingly believe in reincarnation as my life is anything but glamorous. Probably much to the consternation of my Christian gf.

this is not a good idea for most people -
try meditation or smoking some small amounts of weed/dabs...

your mind is a beautiful house with decorative furnishings, LSD is like blowing off all the doors and windows +leaving it that way for 100 years
you can never "undo" it

DNA is life, Body is its reproductive gland, Children are immortality, racemixing is genocide
this is the secret of elite bloodlines, passed down for over 1000 years, the real truth of globalism, and the reason for everything that has ever occurred
they must ensure that their eternal goals are unfettered by destroying the DNA of all who are not members of their elite group by emulsification of all bloodlines deemed to be in opposition or irrelevant to their agenda

I guess all of the people that existed for thousands and thousands of years before christ or the (((Torah))) went to hell then? Hindus, Zoroastrians, Mithras, Assyrians, Babylonians, Mardukite, Phoenicians, Sumerians, Tamil/Aaseevaha, Celtics, Germanics, Greek Pagans, Egyptians...... all in hell

dont you mean
>those who live like christ

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

john 14:6
only the father can judge those who may enter heaven or are deserving of it

Before Christ was the Torah, proper reading of the old testament leads to Christianity. As far as, for people who have not heard the gospel or message, there are two stances, they are judged in the 2nd judgment by their works, but will still go to hell temporarily, or the fact that nature reveals itself in its glory about the truth and glory of God which will lead one to naturally worship God and their decision to not do so is their own choice.

The Torah is no older than 500 BC. The world spun, functioned, civilizations thrived.

In Christianity those born before Christ's sacrifice (well, even those born after) are just chilling in the realm of the dead until judgement. If you died without knowing of the Christian faith but still looked upon creation and deemed a god responsible, you're good enough to be judged on the merit of your life. Atheists across all time and space get BTFO for eternity though.

Forever only exists in religion.

there is no after life

Life is a chemical reaction caused by a very unlikely combination of circumstances (this is probably the reason we haven't met extraterrestrial life, the conditions needed for life to form are just so unlikely to occur naturally. Fuck, we can't even make life in a lab). Conciousness is created by the brain - what we think, see, feel and stuff was just developed over millions of years to help us percieve our surroundings better and be smarter in general, which has let us survive and reproduce due to darwin's theory. I personally think that nothing happens since the reactions and stuff in the brain simply stop and that's it, I don't think a 'soul' or greater being exists either.

I'd like to know how you figured these things out.

Are you saying that the soul or consciousness of a person can be forcibly kicked out of their own body without dying?

user I absolutely believe this. It makes sense why we would return back to our original states of ultimate matter. Our knowledge is locked away beyond our human bodies as a lock and key, once we do die it will come back to us.

That is why we do know it exists, but we do not know much else beyond it unless there are some that can tap beyond their unconscious state.

Mushrooms are better for this than LSD. I had ego death and a huge awakened state of being.

"I have been with you all this time, and still you do not know Me? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I say to you, I do not speak on My own. Instead, it is the Father dwelling in Me, carrying out His work. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me—or at least believe because of the works themselves...Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever—>Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you."

Not that user but think of our bodies as not real but are connected (like The Matrix) through our souls to gather information to gain knowledge and to achieve our personal goals. Our identities as the bodies we are born with will die but not the soul itself. The body can kick the soul out once it passes. At least that is how I see it.

mushrooms are generally less potent
in a strictly chemical sense, the LSD molecule is far more potent per unit than psilocybin. its one of the most, if not the most potent molecule per unit on the planet.
please be careful, love yourself
you are important

I'd much prefer to discover things without using a substance, as my mind could be merely tricked into seeing and feeling things merely because of an influence.

Exactly I would never abuse such a thing. It is meant to be used for enlightenment not abused like candy.

What that user is implying is that the ones who are dead can force eject people who are currently alive. It's a concept I haven't heard before, so I'd like to know more.

Life's an abstraction, and abstractions are forever.

There is no way your mind could deal with existing for eternity. It would be worse than anything you can imagine if it could somehow happen. Nothingness like before you were born makes much more sense and is a better outcome even if people are too stupid to know it and ignorantly believe they would actually want to exist forever.

Genesis 15:6 And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God
Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Galatians 2:16: Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Faith alone saves you, works are a result of your faith in Christ

>Forever only exists in religion.
and banking- from babylon to khazaria to new khazaria to astana, for at least 3000 years this bloodline- this eternal genetic entity- has moved forward with its goal through the power of babylonian money magick

But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
>I love you

Romans 4:4-5
Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Ephesians 2:8-10: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Titus 3:5-8 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.