How will Euro/pol/ fare against the Climate Change™ Watergeddon™?

How will Euro/pol/ fare against the Climate Change™ Watergeddon™?
Pic bigly related

In thousands of years

Looks like we'll be just fine. A few nice old towns on the coast lost, but plenty of land and fresh water to go around.

>Londonistan, Berlin and half of Sweden underwater

So THIS is why (((they))) want to stop climate change...it is the savior of the white race.

>stockholm gone
>malmö gone
>denmark even smaller

kek

Norway is actually rising out of the sea faster than the water level will rise

I live close to the Norway border so no effect here

Very good, my mountains and sheer force of will will keep me afloat!

I'm sure there will be floating cities by then

It's pretty easy: we'll simply build cold-fusion reactors with the power of all the slaves who've willingly come to work under us, and then either build some massive spacecrafts or simply take over swedistan.

>croatia will stay the same
kek

isnt that just venice?

Well Satan, the Dutch will just build bigger dykes and reclaim more land, eventually controlling all the land lost to sea level rise, propelling them to super-power status, leading to the Dutch-American War for Global Hegemony.

>implying water actually will rise, oh please

>malmö gone
let the problem fix itself

Danes BTFO

Well, I guess I better buy a boat, then.

Completely unaffected, thasks for asking, Supersatan.

the dutch will fix it

and Venice got what they deserve for stealing our coast.

>Sweden becomes one giant mountain top
I'm ok with this.

Same for Finland. Finland and Sweden are supposed to have land connected at the narrow part in the middle, Kvarken, in 2000 years.

Even the Dutch will survive. Just build taller dams for fucks sake.

Wasn't it so that the ice on the south pole is increasing?

cant you russians dig a massive hole in the tundra, and make it so all the water that rises over the current sealevel pours into the hole. Make it big enough for the estimated amount of water that will come out of the melted ice. Boom, problem solved

what's the negative here?
even non-country dissapears

exactly, no denmark, no stockholm, no scania. This is a dream!

that'll probably help, but

>helping enemies
lol

Start growing pinapples in Poland?

Cmon putin we will give you gotland if you do this

I really dont care

posejdon is with us

can someone explain to me how the fuck greece is basicly unaffected by this? they are by the fucking coast

but what about Aland?

1 word
MOUNTAINS

Åland is just a retarded tumor inbetween sweden and finland, they cant decide on who their masters are, so let them drown. One less island to defend in a future war

>American education

>Venice, gone
>Netherlands, gone

Implying Venice won't be some floating city, and that the Dutch won't continue to fight back the sea even if they're a mile below risen sea level.

Poseidon is a Croat btw, i just noticed it says a thousand years , we will have a nuclear apocalypse before that (or euroarabia) so why even care lol.

fucking Netherlands is just a shitty new world softdrink anyway, the only thing they gave the world was difficult to understand languages

well shit then, why even bother

sounds fine, i will finally live near the sea as i wanted

daily reminder that the last time Earth had the present temperature, sea level was 6 to 9m higher than today and fluctuated rapidly with multimeter changes within several decades

the ice was melting either way, our fucking fault for forward settling by the fucking coast

wow you're dense

dis

Eh. Worst could happen

honestly its fucking great, i see climate changing for years in poland, it will be warm and nice in here

not necessarily. The slow rise of the seas over long periods is posited by those who don't understand the physics. A tipping point will be met - say a breach in the west antarctic ice shelf, which results in massive ice movement into the ocean, which could take only a few years. rise in global sea level - 6 to 10 meters in a that time. this could happen at any time in the next few decades.

the official IPCC position of slow increase in warming, with gradual change in levels and climate, is just bullshit - and the scientists know it. if you talk to them in private they are all now talking about rapid catastrophic change - but they don't want to go public because they will be accused of scaremongering.

bad situation when the EXXON propaganda machine has made scientists scared to tell the truth...

nope. Not true.

Short distance to the beech would be very nice!

>few years. rise in global sea level - 6 to 10 meters
That is how it historically happened.

Gr8

>Just build taller dams for fucks sake.
you are not an engineer are you? and have no idea about the costs of those projects? and don't have a clue about the increased energy of storms in a warmer global climate system?

thought not.

I want to see the dutch take over the world with giant lesbians

slovenci dobivaju otvoreno more,a talijani gube pretenzije na hrv. obalu,prelijepo.vuk sit a ovce na broju

when the permafrost is melting, releasing tons of methane, an even more efficient greenhouse gas then CO2.... you really have no idea about the dangers of climate change do you?

>denmark underwater

I can live with it.

are there any real world plans to float Venice? really?

you have been reading too much bad sci fi...

do actually believe that shit holy fuck you are one stupid little faguette

indeed - pity these idiots don't understand that.

still, it will be a jolt to the system and when it happens all the deniers will be overthrown. Hopefully also shot for crimes against humanity...

you're right in pointing out that sea level projections by the IPCC are too conservative (they basically corrected SLR by 2100 upward in almost every AR)

the leading French glaciologist Eric Rignot, who works for NASA JPL says that Thwaites, Pine Island and Smith are already irreversibly lost and may trigger the marine ice sheet instability for the WAIS, but he says this will take on the order of centuries, not "only a few years".

What is however concerning is that the mass loss from the Greenland ice sheet, just as the Arctic sea ice extent, is speeding up with time and has almost overtaken the mass loss by the global GIC, which glaciologists didn't expect until the middle of the century

Leaf here.

Anyone else ready for more biodiversity / interesting flora and fauna and almost year-round greenery?

I can't wait for climate change.

You don't believe in physics and chemistry? well aren't you just special now.

I suppose your computer works by little pixies inside passing notes on parchment to each other...

I don't know about me, but you definitely are

co2 is plantfood, stupid frog

Oy vey goyims. Donate to my paypal or Europe will look like this if i don't get money to save Europe

I have heard talk of Greenland going in a few decades - they are really worried about water pooling below the ice, deep melt holes and the rapid movement of sheet ice to the shoreline. If greenland melts we get one or two meters rise I think.
Rignot may be right - but I have heard others say he is optimistic. There are deep melt holes tunneling into the WAIS now, and no one knows how fast the breakdown could go. Look at the Ross breakups - no-one predicted them ten years ago, people were talking about next century....

you dont "believe" science, you understand it, dipshit.

and uranium is natural too, why don't you eat some?

You do know that to re-absorb the C)2 we are releasing by burning fossil fuels you would need to plant the entire surface of the earth with something like Giant Redwoods?

the plants won't save us. CO2 is a greenhouse gas, and you know it.

(or should)

Now
>Drive 600km to denmark for summer holidays
Then
>Drive 100km to lower saxony to dive into the now almost tropical ocean
Noice

>goes to denmark for summer holidays
thats depressing

Why would I have to be an engineer to understand that building taller dams would keep the water away? No matter how much it would cost, it's cheaper than letting the sea flood the whole country. Easy choice.

You are not going to stop water levels from raising by building windmills retard.

Actually, as any scientist will tell you, you do believe it.

You may even calim to know something because of it, but knowledge requires belief (you can't know something unless you also believe it to be true)

Belief is fundamental to science. And to the scientific method. But with that belief must also be a preparedness to have that belief questioned, and to change your beliefs.

To understand requires belief first, and in understanding we have that belief confirmed and strengthened.

But clearly the person to whom I was replying neither believes nor understands.

It's nice. I can escape the hellhole that is southern hesse in the summer and get to enjoy temperatures below 30°

Plus, no niggers and mudslimes

What it's gonna release is ancient anthrax, russia btfo

>implying we can't just build a big ass dam

>Stockholm, London, Belgium, northern Germany lost

How is this bad

>Croatia only gains MORE islands.
>Holland and Belgiium cease to exist.
>A majority of Swedish and British urban areas that are infested with muslims get flooded.
>Russia gets more warm-water ports and Central Asia gets some rain for a change of pace so now they get nice agriculture as well.
>Iraq gets flushed down the toiled.

Post the rest of the world.
I think climate change might actually be a good thing for once.

especially what with all the dead niggers and all

the speed of ice sheet disintegration largely depends on how large of a forcing you apply to the climate. The most rapid rate of sea level rise known in the geologic record comes from the end of the last glaciation and had a rate of about 0.5 m/decade (and that came mostly from the Laurentide ice sheet)

A complete melting of the Greenland ice sheet within several decades just doesn't sound plausible to me. The ice sheet is about 3km thick and is above sea-level. Maybe you can post something but I'm not aware of any expert or published paper that proposes the collapse of Greenland on a decade scale.

moren a
Dutch isn't even hard, I understand like one third of their movies without subs despite having never learned the language

Hey seems fine to me, we'll just move a bit inward, not really a big deal, there's a lot of Empty space in France anyway.

Question: how much is the pressure increase caused by a 6m or 10m rise in water? How big a dam do you need to build? You can easily contain a 10cm head of water. to contain a 1m head you need more than just a ten times taller wall, you need it to be wider and made of stronger materials. now double that height and add in larger storm surges and higher wave heights - you are basically building a cliff face for storms to batter. it isn't just a matter of piling on a few more sandbags, it is a an enormous project to build a huge dam a thousand miles long. it makes trumps stupid Wall look like a kid's sandcastle. The cost would be more than Holland could ever afford, and the consequences of any failure would be unthinkable.

the engineering challenge is stupendous.

I wouldn't want to live under that dam...

but hey call me a retard, you obviously knew all that and think it is easy to overcome with your genius level intelligence and endless supply of money

Looks much nicer imo. I might even get a beach in my hometown.

idiot who thinks the Muslims won't move to the dry land along with everyone else, making it more crowded and close packed....

please at least try to look intelligent.

I would get a beach just a few cilometres from my hometown, I would totally love it.
Just too bad that Hamburg would drown while bavaria is allowed to exist anyway

Why is that in HUN?

>implying we wouldn't just do it out of sheer necessity

If chinks can build a hunderds of miles long stone wall hundreds of years ago, Europeans today can build a fucking dam to keep 6 to 10 meters of water out

Way to go with them digits based Hellenian!

I'm ok with this map
>Degenerate cities drown
>If Finland can't have Karelia, no one can have it!
>No tears for EU-Brussels

So what alternative do the Dutch have realistically? Assuming we don't live in a fantasy world where 100% of all countries would suddenly get persuaded by the thought that Netherlands doesn't exist in 1000 years.

Fixed. now I got beachfront property too, user

It's true for Norway (or 95% of it at least).
It's because the ice cap pushed the landmass down during the last ice age (it's still rising because of it).

It's a fact.

>Holland will build dams?
Who's gonna build a dam, the grave digger?

I am not a climate scientist - but i do hang out with a few sometimes. maybe it is just late night pessimism and drink talking, but none of them are optimists about this stuff. I heard them talking about Greenland last year - that sinkholes in the ice miles inland were drilling down to the rock level, then flowing out under the sheet - that it was lubricating the underside of the sheet and the glaciers were expected to break down very fast. with the pressure released from the glacier ends they were speculating about massively increased flow rates to replace them, and similar melt and slide fast calving. maybe I got it wrong, but they were talking about massive ice loss very rapidly, with reduced albedo for the ice cap area, and the rock warming to speed things up. My understanding was that a tipping point may be reached and we could see huge sea level rises in a a few decades.

Even if the process does not start for a few decades, it is possibly within our lifetimes that we will see substantial rises...

If it does not happen, I would be happy. But if it can happen, then the idiots saying it will never happen need to be told they are idiots and ignored.

I live near the coast. Without reference points I can't see exactly if I'd drown, wet my feet or stay in dry land. There would be probably lots of refugees from the nearest big coastal city, though.

We'll just annex you again before that happens

This could be a gold mine for the export of Norwegian rocks!

>We'll just annex you again

>again

Denmark never annexed Norway.