Am I really supposed to believe that it is a coincidence that it is always a black bear...

Am I really supposed to believe that it is a coincidence that it is always a black bear? You NEVER see polar bears doing something like this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ysmukehVTZ8
washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2016/11/22/first-a-polar-bear-petted-a-dog-then-a-polar-bear-did-what-polar-bears-do-ate-a-dog/?utm_term=.4ef9a685f70e
youtube.com/watch?v=Bkwy0scRXBU
news.vice.com/story/this-northern-town-runs-a-prison-for-rogue-polar-bears
cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/man-woman-attacked-by-polar-bear-in-churchill-1.2325208
youtu.be/Bkwy0scRXBU
canadiangeographic.ca/article/churchills-polar-bear-jail-getting-crowded-inmates
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

polar bear's skin is black :^)

That's because they live on the ice where no one lives.

youtube.com/watch?v=ysmukehVTZ8

Yeah, lotta people running around the North Pole

Aren't polar bears massive problems in remote Canadian and Alaskan townships?

Bears just start taking bites out of you. Pretty gruesome way to go. Rest in pieces sir.

We all came from Africa, but the heat causes de-evolution.

polar bears have black skin and are unironically the niggers of bears. the only bears that aren't omnivores and generally aggressive af

not a lot of black bears up there either

washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2016/11/22/first-a-polar-bear-petted-a-dog-then-a-polar-bear-did-what-polar-bears-do-ate-a-dog/?utm_term=.4ef9a685f70e

ah, that great estonian wit i'm always hearing about

you have to be pretty fucking retarded to get killed by a black bear

Maybe he found a mother and cub?

nah they come sniff around sometimes but no big deal... just dont feed them and they fuck off

the bear just has to be really really hungry

'Extreme race'

So yet another athletic hipster who thinks nature is their own personal amusement park getting schooled by nature. Or maybe he invented a new sport. 'Extreme mauling.'

>black bear

Excuse me, I think you mean "Urban Bears".

This.

Grizzlies/brown bears I can fully understand since the fuckers are massive. You're better off playing dead and hoping it pisses off.

Black bears are barely bigger than (large) humans though. You can scare them off by making enough noise and if worse comes to worse you can fight them. You'd definitely get hurt, but killed? C'mon.

GO BEARS

WEW

doesn't matter... if you make a lot of noise and pretty much just tell it to fuck off, it will. He probably fell for a bluff charge and got ripped to shreds because of it

>racing in bear country without pepper spray handy

Polar bears eat people every year in Churchill Manitoba, and Nunavut, they walk in to town and harass people before the freeze. conservation officers actually put them in polar bear jail for a couple months without food to try and teach them to stay away from human areas.

Did an extreme racer molest you as a child? Shit man, sometimes you just run into a bear when you're out.

Fug :--DDD

Blackbears have prey drive though. So if you are moving away from one quickly it will potentially give chase. And they can run pretty damn fast. Kid probably fell for the play dead meme... Which only applies to grizzlies. Procedure for blackbear attack is to fight back. They don't like to work for their food.

Yeah it was probably a mother with her cub. Its the right time of year and thats the only way they would be that defensive

This might help explain it........

These are all black ghetto areas..... (pic related)

Black bears are more aggressive than brown bears.

>polar bears eat people every year in churchill
lmao the last time a polar bear killed someone in churchill was like 40 years agoI don't even remember the last time anyone was attacked let alone killed.

>conservation officers actually put them in polar bear jail for a couple months without food
fucking lol no they dont, quit your bullshit city boy

Black bears are the manlets of bears, they are tiny and easily scared. You just make yourself look bigger and it's going to run away.

Vid related: youtube.com/watch?v=Bkwy0scRXBU

Brown bears on the other hand are fucking huge and can be really dangerous.

Sounds like Patrick Cooper won the race

Err derr when's the powwow northern boy?

>estonian education

Brown bears aren't a thing.
You're thinking of Grizzly Bears, which can also have very dark coats sometimes.
Black bears can also have brown coats. But a Black bear with a brown coat is still a Black bear.

Polar bear attacks are a bigger issue just ask the seals.

It's written "antarctic", you know, the place where there's no bear... (the name itself literally means "not the land of the bears")

>brown bears aren't a thing
>thinks brown bears and grizzlies are the same thing
>has never left toronto
kill yourself

The metaphor would hold if the black bears were in the arctic doing this. And the polarbears weren't doing it. And if the polarbears were a civilized species that can bring forth technologically advanced societies, while the black bears weren't. And then you'd need mosquitoes that manage to convince the polarbears that being chased down, killed and wiped out by black bears, thus dooming all bears as a whole to forever being an idiocracy of black bears living in huts and killing each other, is okay, because diversity.

>Brown bears aren't a thing.

You're a fucking retard.

This. I've ran into a few black bears in my life ( luckily none with cubs) and just put my arms you and screamed like a crazy man. My buddies and I always joke that we could beat the fuck out of black bears because how pussy they are.

But just in case i always do carry my .357 while out in the woods.

Gizzly bears are the most savage, and the most dangerous.

Polar bears are potentially as savage as grizzly bears, but ususally mind to themselves.

Brown bears are similar to polar bears but much smaller and weaker.

Black bears are shy and timid and almost as dangerous as koala bears.

all in all wolves are way more likely to fuck you up in remote locations

extremely unbearable race for those 2

How white bear even compete?

Bahahahahaha. I see what you did there. :)

He thought he was fast, but he could not outrun the Bear.

>Black bears are the manlets of bears, they are tiny and easily scared. You just make yourself look bigger and it's going to run away.

Trouble with black bears is that they're much more curious than brown bears. Black bears are skittish but more prone to wander into human areas and might provoke and encounter by stumbling upon you.

Yes, you have a good shot at scaring it away, but this tendency of black bears to get into human areas and be curious about trash and camp sites can lead to deadly situations.

>Brown bears on the other hand are fucking huge and can be really dangerous.

This is true but brown bears avoid humans. So here it's the reverse; hiking humans who stumble upon them. You're worst off if you find a cub, because mom's around and she's going to be pissed off.

This is why you have the rule that you make noise in the woods, you sing to yourself and make sure the animals know you're just coming through.

t. spelunker

not burritos?

Brown bears are literally the exact same species as grizzly.
Brown bear = Ursus Arctos
Grizzly bear = Ursus Arctos.
American Black bear = Ursus americanus
Hence for all intents and purposes Brown bears aren't actually a thing.

You are a complete retard. Here's a link, the jails are listed on google maps. It's big tourist industry to go view polar bears. I live in Northern BC bordering Alaska, retard, nowhere near a city.

news.vice.com/story/this-northern-town-runs-a-prison-for-rogue-polar-bears

>Brown bears are literally the exact same species as grizzly.

While there has been much confusion about the taxonomy of brown bears (Ursus arctos), taxonomists agree there are at least two subspecies in North America -- the grizzly bear (U. a. horribilis) and the Kodiak bear (U. a. middendorffi). There is confusion about whether to consider others, like U. a. gyas and U. a. macfarlani, as separate subspecies.

>problem
You misspelled "pet"

Also just google attacks in Canada there are several every year here's one from a few years ago cityiod
cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/man-woman-attacked-by-polar-bear-in-churchill-1.2325208

Yeah but it's literally the level of difference between say
Nigger Carolinus
and a central Minnesotan Dindu
They are both niggers. They just have different features.

grizzly is a subspecies of brown bear you fucking mongoloid, there are like a dozen of them

they dont fucking starve them you faggot

>Hence for all intents and purposes Brown bears aren't actually a thing.

Even if you want to make this argument you're doing it backwards. Brown bears is the main species, not grizzly.

>They just have different features.

They can interbreed. Dogs can interbreed. You can call a poodle a german shepherd if you want, but I'll still call you an idiot.

And black bears also have subspecies. But I don't see anybody making that distinction.

You're a fucking idiot.

Go find a black bear and get back to us with pics of you a'wrastlin wif it, Cleetus.

Grizzly sounds awesome.
Brown sounds faggy.
I'm going to go with Grizzly for that reason alone.

>Polar bears eat people every year in Churchill
>someone got attacked by a polar bear in churchill like 5 years ago
totally the same thing
>kys

I've had both a grizzly and plenty of black bears in my back yard. Generally you can just turn and casually walk away when you see a black bear, they're just foraging typically.

I've gotten between a black bear cub and it's mother on my way home from work once, I just backed up and posed no obvious danger to the cub so the mother wandered away after sniffing me up a bit.

The grizzly in my back yard was a different story though, easily twice as big as the car in my drive way and when I came up on it, it started following me down the street at a pretty brisk pace. I think I only got away because I didn't panic and just got out of line of sight as fast as possible; it was eating garbage in the suburbs so it was absolutely desperate for food.

>they are the same they are just different
wew

The same as in the genetics from which their speciation emerges is the same. The prolific differences are due to regional selection pressures.

youtu.be/Bkwy0scRXBU

It looks like they should have had the race in Australia.

He wuz a good bear. He dindu nuffin. #Bearlivesmatter

Did you read they don't feed them to deter them from coming near people then they release them near freeze. All you have to do is read but your to stupid. That's exactly what they do.

>prolific differences
>they are the same
weeeeeew

Is funny but polar bear will attack human on sight.
t. Alaskan

Here read another article there's videos too, just look.
canadiangeographic.ca/article/churchills-polar-bear-jail-getting-crowded-inmates

>being deliberately obtuse like this.

Every year there are attacks last year there were two. The last three years there have been attacks, just google it's not hard.

It wasn't an extreme race. Eagle river is the fucking suburb of anchorage and they were having a fun run marathon thing. Its very weird behavior from the bears this year. Its still betting down in the 40s F

>Dear diary. That stupid Jock kid got eaten by a bear in the woods today. God I hate him. I mean he didn't bully me or anything, but he would have if he got the chance I bet.
4edgy2me

First there were "people" (plural) being eaten by polar bears every year in Churchill. Then you changed it to "several attacks" (not eaten) every year in ALL OF CANADA once you found out that only two people have ever been killed by polar bears in all of Churchill's history and that the last attack was in like 2013.

You said they "starve" them for "two months" -- they don't. They feed them snow and water (which polar bears can live off of for extraordinarily long periods of time) for 30 days (that's one month genius) to keep them from associating the town with food.

You are talking out of your ass. Please kill yourself.

black bears matter

Link me the source for two polar bear attacks in Churchill last year
>protip: you can't

They really don't. They are far from being extinct. There's a hunting season for them.

French posters are so fucking boring.

Ok you are too stupid how is snow and water feeding a carnivorous animal that weighs nearly 1000,lbs. read, there are attacks every year that's what the jail is for. Can you not read there are videos and tv shows,there a show called polar bear town all about the jail and the tourist industry. Grizzlies and black bears attack every year in North America too. They are wild animals. But sure whatever you say.

>Koala bears
everyone, the american education system at work. They aren't bears you fucking reatarded cunt.

Shut the fuck up Eesti and come to Balt/pol/!

The hibernation meme. Bears don't actually sleep all day when their metabolism goes into hibernation mode, but they are basically able to sustain themselves off their body fat alone. That's why bear sightings skyrocket in the fall. They literally go out and stuff their faces all day because they might go several months until their next meal after the snow falls.

>being this retarded

Yes, sven, trust (((scientists)))from NYC
Faggot