Appalachia General

Not sure how many of my fellow hill folk browse this board, but here goes.

Eastern Kentucky reporting in.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Creek_flood
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Georgia reporting in.

I guess I technically live in the region since I'm in one of those bottom blue counties. It's really just foothills where I live.

how is the northern part?

Ohio, in the teal.

Monterey VA checking in

NW GA mountain reporting in. Whitest part of the state. Feels good. Fuck Atlanta.

Did your football team win a recent state championship...like 7-8 years ago?

NoVa here. I go to some apple orchards during the fall when I can, and it seems pretty comfy.
Aside from that abomination of Worst Virginia, how is mountain country? Are the stereotypes of its inhabitants exaggerated?

I'm not sure. I don't really follow sports.

East TN reporting.

Man, WV checking in

How come I can go to your part of the country, full of meth heads, and never feel in danger, but I can't drive through west Orlando without feeling like I'm a wrong turn away from death?

holy shit get into the oven

Even meth heads have Appalachian hospitality, they just come in your yard and steal your landscaping tools when you're asleep and ask for free cigarettes/change every day.

>Man, WV
There any decent jobs around there? How do most people make a living?

Eastern ky bro here OP, which part you from?

I love it here, honestly. The people a really friendly and most things are dirt cheap.

Some of the stereotypes are partly true and some aren't. For, example we do have a lot of poor people. But not many are actually inbred (at least as far as I know).

Should I move to /Chattanooga/?

Louisville autist here

Do the Alabama foothills count?

Tri-cities reporting

Just outside Ashland. You?

Fuck off we're full.

Post county flags; make vexillologists cry.

This. I pay the trashy kids to clear timber for me sometimes and they've never stole my tools or anything. Always work hard. White pride is resilient.

Southern Appalachian here. Asheville nc is probably (% population) one of the most liberal places in the U.S outside of asheville southern app. Is pretty based

man i like kentucky fried chiken

Jerseyfag here but I've been over to WV (by the New River Gorge) before. Beautiful part of the country. If it wasn't for the fact you guys get screwed by everyone (politicians, corporations, ect.) I'd envy you

selling meth?

Hold on. As in you're from greenup county?

Yep. I assume you are too?

>NoVa fag
>live in the burg

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Stop moving down here

Plateaufag detected. Seriously, though, sorry about us fucking up the whole state.
Sounds nice.
>Some of the stereotypes are partly true and some aren't.
Well, the only ones I actually care about are the "hick" mentality and hygiene. If those aren't as bad as they're portrayed, there isn't any problem in my mind.
And by poor, does that mean that small subsistence farming isn't feasible? Or do you just mean not consumerist drones?

Coal is still struggling but it's picking up. Mines are slowly reopening and coal shipments are picking up so the roads are congested and getting choked out with coal trucks and more trains are running...if you want a good job around here you either go to the mines or get into an industry that serves the mines. Logging jobs are semi popular, and pay decent. Other than that you'll probably be working some shitty minimum wage job at a gas station or a fast food restaurant.
There's home healthcare jobs around too, but if you aren't from around here you fall pretty low on the list of people to be hired. I'm from Ohio so I have to drive out about 2 hours to get near Charleston to go to work. It blows.

Because people can't drive in Florida

Because everyone's white out there. Orlando has a bad nigger problem

It ain't too bad if you're not looking to be upper middle class. I lived in WV for about ten years after getting out of the military and loved every minute. Only moved to the GA mountains cause my kids are all going for engineering degrees and I want that sweet in state tuition discount for sending them to Ga Tech.

Most you Sup Forums people don't realize there is a huge difference between an Appalachian hillbilly and the southern dixies.

same

Here in GA some N and very E of atlanta

What the fuck do you expect? This place is hell on earth. We're 30% white, and most of them are leftist scum, while the only (((conservatives))) are corporate lobbyists. I need to get out!

Yeah. Just never thought I would see anyone from there on here

I pay a mentally handicapped man that walks around begging to keep an eye on my house at night when i am at work. So far nothing has went missing other than a bag of hand tools out of my car and a lawn mower once, but those were before i started paying him.

I can see greenup county from my house. Where are you nerds at?

The hick thing is a jew media meme just like the inbred meme. Most whites in the hills are normal white anglos and Scotts irish who work hard and have a strong community life around their town and church.

Poke your eye out with a niggerdick cityfag
Thank you.
When I lived in one of those counties on the map, I did the same - commuted an hour and a half to a county off the map.

John? :)

New York, reporting in.

If you want to see a little of my area's history check out the Buffalo Creek disaster. I drive on this road almost daily...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Creek_flood

I agree. Hill folk are all nice Scotts Irish people who are please

Your cities even have meth problems

WV is a shit

Good to hear.

Healthcare is your best bet, tech is meh. Anything else is fucked but cost of living is relatively cheap.

SW PA, reporting in.

Everyone else kys

Country roads...

Found the kike.

Posting from WV. Happy Birthday Mountain Mama

Western VA reporting in

WV convinced me whites aren't the masterrace tbqh

Pretty scary, I imagine those narrow valleys flood pretty quick. I spent some time near Clarksburg and every time it rained for more than an hour this tiny ass creek would get about 10 ft deep.
Can you tell me more about the mine support industry there? Currently work in PA as an Engineer for a construction equipment manufacturer. Travel to WV a lot for work for the gas drilling. Love it there.

MAKE APPALACHIA GREAT AGAIN
TOO MANY NIGGERS OF ALL COLORS ARE MAKING IT GHETTO WE MUST BUILD A WALL

Because West Orlando is shit and black, even though they repaved a lot of roads and sidewalks and shit they couldnt fix the fucking degenerate people that are over there, keep your windows locked in parramore

This thread isn't nearly as good as the New England General. Get your shit together Appa anons.

Perry County, Pennsylvania

AWOOOO!~

WV Purple Area.

I'm pretty sure mining companies hire on their own mechanics and equipment operators, but if the mines grow so does the need for coal truck drivers, in-house diesel mechanics, traveling diesel mechanics for trucks stranded on the road, and i would imagine the mining companies look to hire on mechanics with a background in equipment repair too.
Not only are there underground mines, but there are surface mines throughout the region too. The array of equipment used to mine is abundant.

Clermont County Ohio, the tip of the heroin needle, reporting in.

Born in the northern,
Live in the south Central.

Radford, VA here.

Someone Help

Grundy right here with ya

>davie and forsyth counties
>appalachia

Who came up with this stupid map?

east tn standing by

NW S.C. Reporting. Raining like a sunnabitch.

Time to weed out the scum Sup Forums. Tell me, how is Appalachia pronounced? Only true mountain folk know how to pronounce it correctly

Dickenson county VA reporting in, I'm sure there are plenty of us here.

ill throw an apple atcha

Nashville-ite NWF diaspora, reporting in.

"Appalaysha"

This.

apple ayy cha
ˈæpəl ɛ ʧɑ

> ˈæpəl ɛ ʧɑ

What kind of azure gook spook shit is this?!

> fail the test with big word Wiki-KIKE-pedia bullshit!

Genuinely laughed here.

But the TV lady said that meth makes people kill each other and act like animals.
Never had that experience here in Brevard county, or from the fine folks in the mountains.

But damn if Baltimore and SE DC weren't scary as fuck growing up in the 90s.
I'm from rural Maryland originally.

New England is overrun. Lots more to complain about.

Methheads are awful to be around, and they will often do stupid shit but they still somehow manage to act better than niggers.

A major in linguistics takes 1.5 years at max and that lettering will be taught in first semester; that gook shit also helps you learn how words in other languages are sounded out (i.e. Arabic /k/ and /q/). Get to it, boiiiiiiiiiii

WV here.

Moreover, I grew up in Western NoVA. Don't backsass me, young man.

Been in that region a few times, love the people there.

What do you think about Western Kentucky?

Meh, the only thing me and my bros do is try to blow each other up while shakin and bakin.

>dude if you don't let that fucker go it's gonna explode!
>so what? what's the worst that could happen, hot molten lithium in everyone's eyes? chicken shit!

Shake/bake competitions for the best crystal are always a fun time. People get so worked up these days over good old fashioned fun.
Like when old people bitch about "big" fireworks on the 4th of July. Usually cat ladies.

Anyway, my point was gathered by you. That supposed "animals" aren't anything near as bad as actual animals. Though, I must say the old country nigs who worked for my family helping us hang tobacco were alright guys. Never caused any trouble. They were a bit "loud" in how they talked out in the field and in the barn, but that's no condemnation. Fuckers could work all damn day in the nastiest summer weather and not break a beat. And they hated city coons. Never felt threatened driving through their area to various patches of field we owned/rented.

>I imagine those narrow valleys flood pretty quick.
It does. I live on a hill ontop of a hill ontop of a hill ontop of a hill so it never floods near my house.
At my grandfathers place, there is a creek that is usually just a little trickle. One year it rained and had a flash flood, the water got so strong it washed away a shed full of tools.

SW Virginia reporting in. Just moved from Johnson City, fuck living on Buffalo St.

Coal keeps the lights on then?

Pickens County, South Carolina here

Western North Carolina reporting in

Wise county VA here. We wuz miners n shiet

You paid money for SKOOL'n?!

What a faggot, look out guys, we got us a genuine EINSTINE here, LoOk OuT!

My praternal senpai hails from Eastern KY; Letcher county IIRC. Gramps moved to Louisville to start his senpai, didn't wanna fuck with that coal minin' life.

Ayy. Bristol here.

Same here.