Belief in god is a mental illness

Belief in god is a mental illness

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/publication/251531226_The_decay_of_Western_civilization_Double_relaxed_Darwinian_Selection
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Redpill me.

I see what you are trying to do Cthulhu. Go back to sleep

researchgate.net/publication/251531226_The_decay_of_Western_civilization_Double_relaxed_Darwinian_Selection

Our ancients had it right, but not the full picture.

The fear of God is necessary for the stupid people to be held in check but it does not work on the smarter ones, they require a scientific reason as to why not do certain things.

Moral degradation leads to genetic degradation leads to a cascade of community degradations leads to species degradation and extinction

Faith is an evolutionary mechanism that developed along with complex conciousness to help humans deal with the sometimes crippling reality of an uncaring universe as well as nihilism.
Evolutionary psychology has delved into this.

If you believe in god you're basically a slave to outdated parts of your biology, same as with white knight insticts.

Thanks for the heads up
The fear of God comes from sin, Adam and eve only feared god after they sinned against him.
faith is merely putting your trust into something/someone, Your faith is in you being a monkey (In your case thats true), and fantasy new age mumbo jumbo.

Agreed
>tips fedora

Those Damn god believers

>mom yells tendies are done.

Another day we destroyed thiests

god and religion are two different things. this retard shill thread again. dont you have pizza parties to attend cunts? sage this cunt.

Schizophrenics believe in things that aren't real, because their brains can't distinguish reality from fantasy.
Being religious does fit the bill as a mental illness. Religion is clearly false...

you only know what you're told, ding dong.

KGB HAS ALREADY IDENTIFIED THAT RELIGION IS THE SUREST WAY TO PREVENT SUBVERSION

THATS WHY WE NEED TO NUKE ALL OF ISLAM BECAUSE THERES NO WAY TO CONTROL THEM

diversity is a god

2008 called, they want their neckbeard memes back.

>The fear of God is necessary for the stupid people to be held in check
>admitting to being stupid

but believing everything came from nothing and turned into atoms then people for absolutely no reason is fine

This, upvoted.

OP = GAY

GOD = A COOL GUY

OP = WACK DUDE

THRONE AND ALTER 4 LYFE

>doesn't know about initial singularity
>doesn't know about quantum tunnelling
>still thinks he's making a well thought out argument by revealing ignorance

Go home fag

>If we damage the brain people become more liberal and aethiestic so if you aren't both of these things you have a mental disorder

>thinks initial singularity is proven
>thinks current physics can deal with initial singularity
>thinks initial singularity is nothing
>thinks quantum tunnelling is no reason
>thinks a singularity has somewhere to tunnel to
fucking atheists man

>Belief in god is a mental illness
OK but have you ever considred the possibility that the madman sometimes is able to have a deeper contact with Truth compared to the "sane"?

So most of productive citizens until XIX was mentally ill?

I disagree. Anyone who can look at life and not believe or refuse to believe there's "something" else going on, that there's not some sort of reason for all of this that we're simply not privy to yet, to me has to be so utterly delusional and narcissistic and self involved that there's essentially no hope for them and they're mentally disabled. I mean, good luck and all, but God help you.

True, except the last part. Religion instincts aren't outdated, that's like saying your instinct to reproduce is outdated. Religion is still needed today. Atheism leads to Hedonism and Nihilism

wrong, mental illness is defined as behavioral traits and beliefe Systems, which aren't prevalent in the majority of the population. Atheists are only two percent of the worlds inhabitants, so in fact it's more realistic to claim atheism is a mental disorder.

so is belief in science

science is about disbelief not belief.

Don't believe, question.

Athiest here, not believing in god is just as much a mental illness.

This, but unironically

Less so than being a tranny.

Belief in some sort of religious moral system is necessary for 99% of people, because without one you're likely to be brainwashed by a totalitarian political ideology which just ends up occupying the same slot in your mental architecture. There are some folks that can get by without one, but most of the people who think they're able to get by without a religion based moral system are just closet nazis/commies.

Doesn't have to be the Christian god, or even monotheism. But every human ever born is born wired for religious belief. If you don't have something positive to fill that slot in your brain, something monstrous will fill it.

kek

I think we should kill all those totalitarians and also the religionfags so that we can ascend as a species.

N-no monstrous.

Did you not read what I wrote? There'd be no one left. In almost all cases you either have some sort of religion based moral system, or you're a totalitarian. The people who have neither are extremely rare and are often irreparably broken in other ways.

We haven't yet found a way to create the Overman, and we may never. Religion is literally built into our minds. Every group of humans that we know about has developed religion of some sort. We've never, ever encountered a paleolithic atheist tribe. They all have some sort of religious belief because it is so advantageous to have religion that we have actually evolved structures in our brain that support such beliefs. Maybe there were primitive atheistic monkeymen who were exterminated by monkeymen who believed that there were magic forces on their side. Religion is a powerful unifying and motivational force.

All politics has it's root in theology, even the terms and the institutional organistation. Read Carl Schmidt. There isn't a fundamental difference between the political ideology and the religious ideology. Every ideology, which isn't totalitarian to some degree has no Chance to surive for a longer time or let alone spread. Just look at the origin of the word totalitarian and it's latin roots (toto), which just means the complete. It just means your ideology is holistic and not focused in the special/ parts.

>I think we should kill all those totalitarians and also the religionfags so that we can ascend as a species.
You understand that this itself is a totalitarian perspective in every Sense of the word?

Well, this is going in the /x/ and /d/ folder.

LOL I BET YOUR A TRANSHUMANIST

There would be people left, just very little. 1%.

>N-no monstrous.
It was self-deprecating, ya dummy.

You really don't know shuma gorath?

>inb4 "lmao that's been disproved moron"

It hasn't. But there are a billion ways to look at every flaw religion has and pretend it's not there.

My favorite is the heaven and hell paradox.

>Your faith is in you being a monkey

Scientific evidence and faith are not the same thing

What if I told you
A god could be both cruel and existent
And your whining about it not being a loving fluffy bunny wouldn't make him less a reality
What if I told you
To go fuck yourself

That's...
Stupid
God wants us to be free, so he gives us paradise
But he also gave us the choice to fruck up our children
That's why he never destroys souls, as they are immortal and our body's are infinantly mortal