Do a 'cult checklist' to see whether or not Sup Forums is a cult

>Do a 'cult checklist' to see whether or not Sup Forums is a cult
>Mfw I check 10/15 of them

Welp... I think it is time for me to reconsider some things in my life.

Do the same thing for any dedicated political or serious religious group and you'll get the same results, faggot

You aren't forced to be here, nobody forces you to leave, and you aren't blackmailed when you do. Not a cult.

kek how are you being forced to live and get anally fingered by some Sup Forumsack. did some australian convince you to let him and his brothers live in your closet

I guess you do have a point there.
Nobody is 'forced', but sometimes it feels like there is a lot of psychological peer-pressure.

NORMIES GET OUT, REEEEE!

>psychological pressure
That's because you're weak

>Sup Forums has an organized leadership that forces members to do anything

wow excellent and quality post

>preoccupied with bringing in new members
>tell all newfags to fuck off
Op is obviously a newfag too. You know what to do op.

Just leave then. Close the page and never come back here, newfag.

weird op, I did it and I only got one checkmark

are you sure you did it right?

>I was a carpenter too!
>they are rapists so grab them
>gays are pedos we dindu nuffin and neither did women
>still support this
>family's middle namea were Christ
>read about Revelation 12 and Sept 23
There's your cult

autism isn't a sign of mental strength

This is what they talked about too. They said the #1 sign of a cult is when they deeply criticize anyone that goes against the 'norm'.

I highly doubt people in cults call eachother stupid dumb faggots all the time

fuck off OP

Actually. Read about jim jones. President johnson had this too. Look at his last name? Faggot is a term of endearment now because who isnt one. And jim jones loved to rape males and say im straight while doing it because his passive participants were gay

Sound like you are an actual faggot. Way to miss my point, you can call each other a dumb fucking cunt too here, while really meaning it.

I got 11/15 for Sup Forums if I really stretched it.

Its probably more like 5/15 and only the milder check boxes like "members of the group should only live around other members of the group".

>it feels like there is a lot of psychological peer-pressure
You're just born follower OP. Pick a flavor of ideology you like and fall in line because that's your lot in life. Personally I'd recommend picking something that keeps you willfully ignorant of pretty much everything because it's just easier in the long run.

This obviously does not apply to Sup Forums. Islam, on the other hand...

>The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.
there is no leader in Sup Forums
>Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
that is all this board do in a regular basis, if you post a "wrong" opinion you are told why you are wrong, there is no punishment for doing it
>Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).
memes are the closest thing we have, and they are universal and reach way outside of this place, again, there is no leader
>The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry�or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).
there is no leader and people here have wildly different ways of thinking
>The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar�or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).
again there is no fucking leader, this is getting tiresome, however the first part was true, it was a honor to shitpost in this place
>The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.
yes
>The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).
no fucking leader
cont.

Just take a look around you and you'll see what I'm talking about. People cling to a specific ideology on Sup Forums and only rely on that ideology and their peers to dictate their life choices. This is exactly how shills can manipulate us so easily.

>Sup Forums has one set of beliefs
I think that's one of the primary indicators that defines a cult, and it's fallen flat on the first hurdle.

What kind of cult has its members fighting among eachother 24/7?

what leadership does Sup Forums have you tit?

>The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).
not yet,but hopefuly in the future
>The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt iin order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.
if you feel peer pressure by being here you don't belong in this website
>Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.
no goddamned fucking leader, but you probably were a radical before joining
>The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
nope, all new members are stigmatized, they will never be more than cancer
>The group is preoccupied with making money.
most people here come across as lazy fucks, but yeah why not
>Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.
yeah, otherwise you'll miss on what's going on, no penalty for not doing it tho
>Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.
fuck no
>The most loyal members (the �true believers�) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.
yes

you can call us the cult of the truth if you wish

That list
Blueprint for all 12 step recovery programs

>People cling to a specific ideology on Sup Forums and only rely on that ideology and their peers to dictate their life choices
Protip: that's most people in the world.

You're also totally missing the fact that you're completely free to dissent from the most prominent opinions here as much as you'd like.

>Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.

This one is the funniest. No one, and I mean literally no one, would care or even know if you stopped posting today and never came back OP.

Who is the leader of Sup Forums? I need his permission to fuck my trap gf (male)

get out summerfag, just get the fuck out

At worst it's a 4/15, Sup Forums has no leader

OP was probably considering Hitler the leader, because it says "living or dead"

This list describes leftists much better, especially antifa

This isn't the hugbox, this is the hurt box. You shouldn't come her expecting to be coddled. Sometimes the pursuit of truth can be rather hurtful to young minds who came here knowing nothing but the bluepill. There are no rules other than moderation-related rules, any peer pressure that you feel is on you and comes from your internal struggle between hating this place and feeling like you're addicted to posting here. Sup Forums isn't run by any cult leader, and not based on any absolute order of any kind; what you see is not coordinated in any particular way, it just sort of ends up that way. Cope with this place any way you like, but if it can be classified as a cult than so can literally anything else.

I did a presentation for my class about how Sup Forums indoctrinates youth into its ideologies by use of humerous memes. Take pic related for example. On the left is the subconscious suggestion, on the right is the humerous reinforcement. Little by little these ideas are implanted into the mind unless they grow into conscious beliefs.

Newfag filth, memes were rarely used to redpill before the elections. They began being implanted with offensive undertones in order to redpill normies but mostly to laugh as the media calls out a cartoon frog as being a symbol of hate. The majority of redpills come from the posters who make rundowns, not from the memes.

>Cult
>Has no leader

Ok you can fuck off now

Sage

Interesting. If it's a cult then I wonder why I'm even here since I don't agree with most of the things Sup Forums believes in.

Literally none of that applies. This forum does not even have leaders, and dissent just gives you free (you)s

Redpilling is just a side effect. You absorb it by osmosis, but it definitely isn't forced because even if it was there is no surefire that could even be done. Everyone who is redpilled made the decision entirely on their own initiative.