ITT: we pretend this kid is white and say something nice about his idea

to prove you're not just a racis on Sup Forums for confirmation bias, but that you're actually capable of developing an original opinion. because if you aren't, you don't belong here.

>After Bishop Curry heard his neighbor’s 6-month-old infant died from being in an overheated car, he decided to create a life-saving device to prevent incidents like this from reoccurring ― as any responsible 10-year-old would.
>“It kind of came in my head,” Bishop told HuffPost of his device, the Oasis.
>The Oasis would respond to rising temperatures by emitting cool air and use an antenna to signal parents and authorities. At the moment, Bishop only has a 3-D clay model of the device, but his father, Bishop Curry IV, began a GoFundMe campaign for the Oasis in January.
>“I got lots of help from my parents,” Bishop said.
>Attorneys advised the family that the minimum amount they’d need for prototyping and manufacturing fees, as well as a patent for the device, is $20,000.
>The GoFundMe campaign has already exceeded that$20,000 goal and, as of Monday, has raised over $23,700. Bishop, who will begin sixth grade in the fall, told Fox News last week that in addition to his parents, his classmates and friends are fully behind him on his projects.
>“They want to work for me,” he said.
>Last June, CNN reported that the number of hot-car deaths had nearly tripled compared to the same time in 2015, which had 24 hot-car deaths in total.
>When Curry grows up, he wants to center his career around inventions, including a time machine.

archive.fo/5PTTC

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pF2tVmsAoag&lc=z12qhrdztza0h5in523cgh4x5wakirlq504.1498073468241532
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where do you fit the cold fusion device that powers this thing?

Stop having shit heroin addict parents

this hit seems like a complicate solution to a simple problem
dont leave your babies in a car you retard

Don't need to pretend he's white. He's a black person, not a nigger.

If he was white we would have never heard about him

>Bishop only has a 3-D clay model of the device
Literally nothing.

*shit

we all thought of cringy things wen we were young. no need to make news about it and fund it tho.

Coooooool, I've invented a box that spontaneously produces gold coins, at the moment I only have a clay model of it, ie a fucking lump of clay, but if you gibs me a few hundred thousand dollars I'll make a proper one I promise.

Sad that the niglet doesn't have anyone in his life that can tell him the difference between accidents and negligence, or that his idea would only lead to more irresponsible parents leaving their kids in hot cars because they have a gadget instead of common sense.

He wuz kangz.

the idea is retarded and there is no legit information on the device itself. just another token nigger

Do black kids have so few ideas that this retarded one is being funded?

>Nigger OP desperate for approval

Black "people" are pathetic

>GoFundMe
This fucking cracker and his jive turkey father is pulling a scam. Only kangz can invent things.

t. Nigger

A machine that displaced heat wouldn't work because the heat would still be inside the car. A machine that stored cold matter would require daily maintenance. A person who forgets the kids in the car wouldn't be the kind of person to buy it anyway. Gay.

I'm really sick of your shitty PsyOPs, faggots

Get lost

so he invented a cell phone with a built in air conditioner that only turns on when you fucked up and your nigger kid is gonna die?

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit someone give this little nog a nobel prize

or better yet, don't leave your fucking kids in the car

Wish Negroes never existed. Their whole existence makes me cringe.

>regularly forgets kids in car
>has killed two of them already
>wouldn't buy this ingenius device

>At the moment, Bishop only has a 3-D clay model of the device
its fucking nothing, in other words

>we pretend this kid is white and say something nice about his idea
Wow. Definition of white privilege much? So fucking little future KKK member makes something out of play-dough and his parents ask for money on the internet and people just throw it at him. What about the marginalized POC who never have their ideas revered? What about the fact that institutionalized racism keeps us from getting to these universities to express our ideas that these white people just get money thrown at them to go to. This Hitler youth shit gets to have his idea heard because he isn't busy being murdered by pigs with badges.

Are you fucking kidding me? Thanks Obama!

Congratulations you made a block of clay.

Stupid nigger.

Cool clay bishop, wanna bring it to the white house shed you fucking niglet?

>“I got lots of help from my parents,” Bishop said.
no shit, but it sells more if you stick it on a little ethnic kid.

>magically emits cool air
Oh good so he has the ability to create cool fresh air out of nothing?

My daughter is 6 and she came up with an invention too, it produces fresh clean water out of the air by absorbing moisture particles and storing them in a condensed state into crystals that will release the moisture upon vacuum (sucking) pressure via a straw like nozzle.
SIX
Obviously these crystals dont exist but its still good that she used her imagination.

why would i support a device that helps bad parents keep their kids alive? fuck this nigger desu

Black people are mentally ill niggers.

>The Oasis would respond to rising temperatures by emitting cool air
could you be more vague please
>use an antenna to signal parents and authorities
Signal authorities that it's hot? Also mankind has got to the point where we need """inventions""" so that people remember that they have a child in their car.

WE

invented AC

>At the moment, Bishop only has a 3-D clay model of the device

Guess I'll invent a bracelett on which is written 'Don't fuck up shitlord !' so people won't fuck up anymore.
Gofundme goym. Only 600k Dollaridoos

Uh, I don't think you realize how close to the final product that would actually be. He already has the final stages done all he has to do is create the entire fucking thing from an extremely limited and shit prototype with the brainpower of Gak. It's going to happen because they were kings.

Good for him

Shut up Sup Forums you jaded fucks

its 3D you mongoloid flagfuck, lets see you make something 3D

I would be more impressed if him and his dad made a working model

this

pics of hands or you dont get media coverage

If affirmative action and virtue signalling didn't exist I would say very nice things about this nice young man

his idea is still not useful though

Sounds like a shit idea but at least he's white

kek

No that's what the gofundme is for. To hire a white engineer that will build this kids invention

nigger

Sounds like a bunch of white supremacist retards funded this, did you guys donate to this? Don't reinforce bad ideas, you wiggers.
He's gonna grow up and rape a girl in Uni and get off he hook with a slap on the wrist.

it's a bad idea and he should feel bad

Here's the thing while I encourage the kids creativity such a device doesn't sound particularly good in regards to automatically calling emergency services and also how is it going to emit enough cold air to cool a car? Still an auto text to a mother when temperature hits a certain point is an excellent idea

>and uh like it cools down the car and shiet so the little nigga doesn't uh die
>blob of clay
>this is what it possibly could might look like in my imagination

Kid with white privilege getting funding without a functional theoretical device
Fucking white people get money for nothing

father has shitty idea and uses kid to promote it

btw this shitty device will just encourage negligence. You should just not leave your kids in the car in a hot day period. Some faggot dad uses it and the thing forgets to ring and it's a lawsuit waiting to happen

Whoa, cool that he's learning 3d printing.

Bet his dad is proud.

ooga booga
am i doing it right?

Those are the same thing. What you're calling a 'black person' is just a nigger who has managed to conform to the most basic standards of society.

>Have you ever forgotten your phone?

>When did you realise you’d forgotten it? I’m guessing you didn’t just smack your forehead and exclaim ‘damn’ apropos of nothing. The realisation probably didn’t dawn on you spontaneously. More likely, you reached for your phone, pawing open your pocket or handbag, and were momentarily confused by it not being there. Then you did a mental restep of the morning’s events.

>Shit.

>In my case, my phone’s alarm woke me up as normal but I realised the battery was lower than I expected. It was a new phone and it had this annoying habit of leaving applications running that drain the battery overnight. So, I put it on to charge while I showered instead of into my bag like normal. It was a momentary slip from the routine but that was all it took. Once in the shower, my brain got back into ‘the routine’ it follows every morning and that was it.

>Forgotten.

>This wasn’t just me being clumsy, as I later researched, this is a recognised brain function. Your brain doesn’t just work on one level, it works on many. Like, when you’re walking somewhere, you think about your destination and avoiding hazards, but you don’t need to think about keeping your legs moving properly. If you did, the entire world would turn into one massive hilarious QWOP cosplay. I wasn’t thinking about regulating my breathing, I was thinking whether I should grab a coffee on the drive to work (I did). I wasn’t thinking about moving my breakfast through my intestines, I was wondering whether I’d finish on time to pick up my daughter Emily from nursery after work or get stuck with another late fee. This is the thing; there’s a level of your brain that just deals with routine, so that the rest of the brain can think about other things.

Haha damn I can actually see it going down just like that

WHOAH! are those stick on gloves that you "invented"

>Think about it. Think about your last commute. What do you actually remember? Little, if anything, probably. Most common journeys blur into one, and recalling any one in particular is scientifically proven to be difficult. Do something often enough and it becomes routine. Keep doing it and it stops being processed by the thinking bit of the brain and gets relegated to a part of the brain dedicated to dealing with routine. Your brain keeps doing it, without you thinking about it. Soon, you think about your route to work as much as you do keeping your legs moving when you walk. As in, not at all.

>Most people call it autopilot. But there’s danger there. If you have a break in your routine, your ability to remember and account for the break is only as good as your ability to stop your brain going into routine mode. My ability to remember my phone being on the counter is only as reliable as my ability to stop my brain entering ‘morning routine mode’ which would dictate that my phone is actually in my bag. But I didn’t stop my brain entering routine mode. I got in the shower as normal. Routine started. Exception forgotten.

>Autopilot engaged.

>My brain was back in the routine. I showered, I shaved, the radio forecast amazing weather, I gave Emily her breakfast and loaded her into the car (she was so adorable that morning, she complained about the ‘bad sun’ in the morning blinding her, saying it stopped her having a little sleep on the way to nursery) and left. That was the routine. It didn’t matter that my phone was on the counter, charging silently. My brain was in the routine and in the routine my phone was in my bag. This is why I forgot my phone. Not clumsiness. Not negligence. Nothing more my brain entering routine mode and over-writing the exception.

>Autopilot engaged.

Dumb nigger

How is it supposed to figure out there's a babby in the car?

>I left for work. It’s a swelteringly hot day already. The bad sun had been burning since before my traitorously absent phone woke me. The steering wheel was burning hot to the touch when I sat down. I think I heard Emily shift over behind my driver’s seat to get out of the glare. But I got to work. Submitted the report. Attended the morning meeting. It’s not until I took a quick coffee break and reached for my phone that the illusion shattered. I did a mental restep. I remembered the dying battery. I remembered putting it on to charge. I remembered leaving it there.

>My phone was on the counter.

>Autopilot disengaged.

>Again, therein lies the danger. Until you have that moment, the moment you reach for your phone and shatter the illusion, that part of the brain is still in routine mode. It has no reason to question the facts of the routine; that’s why it’s a routine. Attrition of repetition. It’s not as if anyone could say ‘why didn’t you remember your phone? Didn’t it occur to you? How could you forget? You must be negligent’; this is to miss the point. My brain was telling me the routine was completed as normal, despite the fact that it wasn’t. It wasn’t that I forgot my phone. According to my brain, according to the routine, my phone was in my bag. Why would I think to question it? Why would I check? Why would I suddenly remember, out of nowhere, that my phone was on the counter? My brain was wired into the routine and the routine was that my phone was in my bag.

>The day continued to bake. The morning haze gave way to the relentless fever heat of the afternoon. Tarmac bubbled. The direct beams of heat threatened to crack the pavement. People swapped coffees for iced smoothies. Jackets discarded, sleeves rolled up, ties loosened, brows mopped. The parks slowly filled with sunbathers and BBQ’s. Window frames threatened to warp. The thermometer continued to swell. Thank fuck the offices were air conditioned.

Cool cock, Ahmed. Want to bring it to Comet? We should inspire more kids like you to like ping pong. It's what makes America great.

>But, as ever, the furnace of the day gave way to a cooler evening. Another day, another dollar. Still cursing myself for forgetting my phone, I drove home. The days heat had baked the inside of the car, releasing a horrible smell from somewhere. When I arrived on the driveway, the stones crunching comfortingly under my tyres, my wife greeted me at the door.

>“Where’s Emily?”

>Fuck.

>As if the phone wasn’t bad enough. After everything I’d left Emily at the fucking nursery after all. I immediately sped back to the nursery. I got to the door and started practising my excuses, wondering vainly if I could charm my way out of a late fee. I saw a piece of paper stuck to the door.

>“Due to vandalism overnight, please use side door. Today only.”

>Overnight? What? The door was fine this morni-.

>I froze. My knees shook.

>Vandals. A change in the routine.

>I hadn’t been here this morning.

>I’d driven past because I was drinking my coffee. I’d not dropped off Emily.

>She’d moved her seat. I hadn’t seen her in the mirror.

>She’d fallen asleep out of the bad sun. She didn’t speak when I drove past her nursery.

>She’d changed the routine.

>She’d changed the routine and I’d forgotten to drop her off.

>9 hours. That car. That baking sun. No air. No water. No power. No help. That heat. A steering wheel too hot to touch.

>That smell.

>I walked to the car door. Numb. Shock.

>I opened the door.

>My phone was on the counter and my daughter was dead.

>Autopilot disengaged.

>HuffPost
Fake as shit.

>it's a micro AC and a baby phone
>no way something that tiny would help
>model made from fucking Play-Doh

It's not an awful idea.

The cooling mechanism is basically impossible.

However, a temperature alert device is possible. Have it send a text/call the phone if the vehicle passes a certain temperature. I'm also sure in the era of smart cars you could have it interface with the vehicle to turn on the air and open the windows a bit.

The closest thing to this kid's idea is to interface with the vehicle to turn on the A/C, but there are significant liabilities with this, ie kidnapping and car theft. I suppose it would be possible to engage the AC as well as disable the driving mechanism, but it still poses a risk as a theft target for opportunists that don't know the driving mechanisms have been disabled.

youtube.com/watch?v=pF2tVmsAoag&lc=z12qhrdztza0h5in523cgh4x5wakirlq504.1498073468241532
>mfw Sup Forums is jealous they can't invent things

You know once they use the remainder of the GoFundMe money which the father doesn't use on drugs and hookers to make some engineer built a prototype which reduces the temperature by 0.0000001 Kelvin it will be added to wikipedia under List_of_black_inventions and you will have black people start claiming that they invented air conditioning as well.

>When Curry grows up, he wants to center his career around inventions, including a time machine.
See racists, this little dindu has invented time travel, he just needs the gofundme for $5million and yeah, he will deliver when he's old enough.

Seems like his parents had an invention, its called "lets exploit lefties white guilt dumbness on gofundme"

These.

Fuck this little coon

Him being white does not make his idea any less retarded. To be fair, he's 10 years old and so can hardly be expected to come up with some world changing invention, but still.

Also, to assume that his retarded idea would somehow turn into a good one if only he were white is dumb as fuck.

No. A shitskin is a shitskin. I guarantee you he talks like a fucking moron with his parents irl.

>implying the people stupid enough to leave their kids in the car on a hot day would have the foresight to buy this in the first place
You can't stop natural selection no matter how hard you try.

>planet of the apes

It's a 3d printed lego. The kid has an idea with no proof-of-concept backing it up. Handheld air conditioners would have much broader use than his single idea. He lacks everything he's going to need to make his idea a reality, except for money, I guess, from people as well-meaning but naive as him. What he did is no different than me saying "I have an idea for a spaceship that fits in my pocket. Who's with me?"

this is the dumbest shit i've ever seen. so he has a clay model of nothing essentially. forget the cool air because that's just stupid. so what he 'invented' is a thermometer that alerts authorities when it goes over a certain temperature?

that is just so retarded i can't even fathom the words to describe this niglet.

the whole point of deaths from car overheats is they're accidental, who the fuck would have one of these and leave their little 6 month baby in the car and just think "oh no worrys I'll just wait till I get alerted that the baby is dying from heat". okay let's imagine people buy this, now its just pinging the police thousands of times a day when people park their cars on a sunny day. Unless they only turn it on when they are intentionally leaving their small child in the car? This is fucking batshit insane i feel like i've been trolled to hell and back

>Bishop Curry
white or black it is a retarded idea that will work as well as solar freakin roadways. wont work and is more likely to cause a fire than not.

I was thinking about how impressed I was this kid can up with this idea and then I read your comment and realized how right you are. Problem could easily be avoided.

To presuppose it's a retarded idea because he's black is dumb as fuck, which many people on here would do and then proceed to rationalize their presupposition.

>including a time machine
So Donald Trump used to be black, eh? Yes, it was the perfect plan. The perfect cover-up. Nobody would expect this little niggerone to be the president. GENIUS!

Forgetfulness has nothing to do with intelligence. Kids get forgotten in cars and die, and not all their parents are retarded. The "muh just don't be stupid," contention is stupid and has nothing to do with the viability of the concept.

wow a sensible post on Sup Forums

We aren't the racists. The racists are the ones pushing this non story down our throats because he is black. That is why we are mad. Do we hate the little boy? No. He's trying to do good in the world, albeit in a anti darwin kind of way. Is his invention innovative? No. Should this be in the news? No. Would this be in the news if it was a white boy? No.

Now quit calling us the racists. That is exactly the same shit that is losing you elections left and right.

>if too hot it would alert police
I'm sure all black people approve of this

How about don't abandon your kid in a car?!

Here's the how:

Device is integrated into the dashboard and samples the internal temp of the car every 5 minutes. It also samples the external temp every 5 minutes under the car.

The device also has a simple IR line of sight laser that cannot penetrate glass, with sensors in the front and back seat. If the beam is broken, it knows someone is in the car. It also has a microphone and will activate if a certain db of noise matching human range of voice is heard.

If the internal temp breaches 85F, and it detects movement, it checks the external temp. If it's lower, it activates the car's ventilation systems and begins a countdown of 30 minutes, and sends a text to the car's owner. If the device isn't disabled via a code or the car key being turned, it contacts the authorities to let them know there is a possible abandoned child in a car.

If the external temp is over 85F, it powers on the motor and activates the AC, and locks the steering wheel and gas, and locks the brakes. It can be unlocked by disabling it with the car key or a code. It starts a 15 minute timer and sends a text to the car's owner.

The device can be manually disabled for up to 6 hours if you need to, say, leave something in the car seats. This does not disable the microphone.

>How about don't abandon your kid in a car?!
lol stupid niggers not thinking of that amirite

How is a lump of clay going to do all that?

Actually his invention works perfect for him it's making tons of money.

holy shit thats RACIST

mild lel

It will never get developed for 23,000, but the concept isn't bad. Making it universal for many types of cars is the hard part, and if some silent, sleeping kid doesn't trip the alarm and he dies, get ready for the lawsuit.

It wouldn't.
It would need:

Power from the car battery.
IR emitters for each row of seats, and reflectors.
Microphone.
Microprocessor (or FPGA)
Two IR thermometers.
4G cell phone modem.
a program to do all the things I said.

It's not actually that hard to make, the question is "who funds it, and who will buy it?"
People who normally leave their children to die in cars aren't likely to spend $100 on a device like this.
People who who don't normally leave children to die in cars wouldn't feel the need to purchase it until it happened on accident.

So, the only market would be the government forcing it into every vehicle, or a small margin of paranoid parents.

>Making it universal for many types of cars is the hard part

Nah. Plug it into the cigarette lighter, or install it in the fusebox on the 12v line, then manually run cords in the car doors for the IR beams, reflectors, thermometers, microphone, ignition, and AC power. Alternatively, have the government force it into all new cars.

>and if some silent, sleeping kid doesn't trip the alarm and he dies, get ready for the lawsuit.

He's blocking the IR beam across the seats.
He's have to sleep in the trunk, or some other weird location to do it,

Das rite! Kid created this dimension by dimension.

Not a bad idea except that it would need to be installed in a car that was designed with those options in mind.
Any older and cheaper vehicle without auto climate control, steering and break lock out auto ignition would just not work.