Tell a millennial their precious planet saving car emits more than 8 years of driving a V8 just by making the battery...

Tell a millennial their precious planet saving car emits more than 8 years of driving a V8 just by making the battery and watch their head explode.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/DCWp1
quora.com/How-often-do-a-Teslas-batteries-need-to-be-replaced
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

archive.is/DCWp1

i dont care

You think the first petrol engines ran at 60mpg? These have been around for less than 10 years and we're getting closer to a number of new ways to create far more efficient batteries.

yeah but the batteries last like 100 years

And after 8 years it's carbon neutral

8 years of 100 gas cars:
100 CO2s
8 years of 100 tesla cars:
100 CO2s

9 years of 100 gas cars:
200 CO2s
9 years of 100 tesla cars:
100 CO2s

100 years of 100 gas cars:
100,000,000,000 CO2s
100 years of 100 tesla cars:
100 CO2s

so hard to understand, yes?

pretty sure most tesla owners don't care about the "green" factor

This comparison doesn't mean anything unless you compare the total CO2 emissions from manufacturing and using both.

saged

wrong dummy, some of the first cars were electric

but its over by 8 years. then its a lot lower. how many years worth of fuel does it take to make one normal car?

>B-But muh out of sight, out of mind
top kek

kek.

Also, don't forget to tell Vegans that all of their food has dead animals in it at some level.
Plants eat nutrients from the soil around them.
The soil is filled with dead bodies that have broken down over the years.
Also don't forget to tell them that only a genetic freak mutation allows a very small group of men to BENEFIT from veganism, but every other human it is detrimental to.

this bullshit needs to stop

>Implying that millennials who buy a new iphone every 9 months will keep their cars for over 8 years before sending them to the junk yard

Its still a step in the right direction. Improving battery design is key. Our fossil fuel power sources will be replaced eventually as well.

Why do they use magic batteries in those cars but not anything else?

I'll believe that when I see one that's 100 years old with the original battery. I bet you can't even find one that lasts 8. Some googling says the warranty is only 8 years too.

>millennial
>buying tesla cars

m8, most millennials can't even afford their cheapest models.

>Telsa owners owning them for over 8 years
>Carbon neutral power to charge them

Niggers please..

have they had as much investment as petrol cars though? The main principles of the internal combustion engine are still the same today, but those old electric cars used different types of batteries

>8 years of 100 gas cars:
>100 CO2s
>9 years of 100 gas cars:
>200 CO2s

Why did everyone drive 8 years worth in year 9?

kek

Except those batteries are going to be about done after 8 years.

>>Carbon neutral power to charge them
Hyrdoelectric isn't carbon neutral?

>have they had as much investment as petrol cars though?
seems pretty obvious that they have not

>cheapest models

Funny, because there aren't any and NEVER will be, the proposed model 3 or whatever, the so called affordable tesla will end up being expensive as well

Charging stations have their own damns do they?

quora.com/How-often-do-a-Teslas-batteries-need-to-be-replaced

>Everything is hydroelectric
>Building a plant is carbon neutral

hence my entire argument.

F-C-PBP

>What is the used car market?

>implying millennials can actually afford a tesla every 8 years or at all

>Kill the local ecosystem
>muh hydroelectric
yeah, nah, and it still ends up being not carbon-neutral

Although HES are the only real working "green" energy sources

>m8, most millennials can't even afford their cheapest models.
Greatest ally here, I'll do whatever it takes to get you in that car. Just tell me what you want your monthly payment to be!
>96 month loan 20% interest

The batteries don't even last that long you faggot

America enters a golden age of prosperity and cheap fuel and everyone starts driving a lot more.

Of course a leaf. Lithium batteries don't last that long. After a quick google search, it was estimated that after 8 years they would lose 30% capacity. Also the loss of capacity increases faster as the battery ages, meaning there is a good chance you would need to replace the battery within ~10 years. Add that to the fact these cars won't last more then 15, they are at BEST equal to standard cars...if not worse

>have they had as much investment as petrol cars though?

Battery research goes on for decades already and certainly did not start with the recent "boom" of Tesla. Especially in the military, battery research plays/played a big deal. The research in this area is ongoing for decades already with billions spend on this.

>The main principles of the internal combustion engine are still the same today, but those old electric cars used different types of batteries

What nonsense this is. When you look at it in detail, i.e. on the physics/chemistry level, then the main principles behind battery also did not change (how could it?). We just found materials with a higher energy density, electrode more resistance to corrosion and ones with higher electrical conductance (and some other details). The main working principle, neither of the batteries nor of the electric engine, certainly did not change.

The next "hope" in battery research are solid state batteries but so far, they only give more safety because they can't burn but they are barely better in terms of power per weight compared to the Li batteries currently used.

Quebec's big on hyrdo

It's not the case everywhere, but I was asking as someone from Quebec, not with a global-view

your argument seems to be they haven't had as much development so they have had no development

But this is wrong you dingus.

Using your own numbers
100 gas cars = 100CO2 units/8 years
100 tesla cars = 100CO2 units/100 batteries produced.

Extrapolate, 100 tesla cars = 100CO2 units at fabrication of batteries = 8 years of driving 100 gas cars.

Immediate impact of electric car battery fabrication is devistating compared to almost a decade of driving a standard gas vehicle. When they can make the batteries using eco-friendly manufacturing practices, then I'll buy one.

Or that veganism is only a viable diet due to globalization, which has caused more ecological disaster than anything in history.

>Electric car

Yeah, so it doesn't get 60mpg.

B T F O
T
F
O

electric cars make sense in the city, not really anywhere else though

[citation needed]

Electric cars are for homos and niggers. I drive a powerful prius
>V8 muscles are the real planet saving cars or diesel trucks.

>Calculation assumes battery factory runs on half fossil fuels

Musk is making the factory run on solar.

FAKE NEWS

cucked by an ameriburger again

>Trump preserving Earth

I was hoping to pump the planet but this worl, too.

Niggers exist, so this means nothing.

Yes they do. They last longer than the old boat-style battery pack I have in my car, and mine has been going for over 13 years now. Also our battery refurbishing and recycling technologies have improved a whole lot, and these bullshit articles don't take even the worst refurbishing or recycling methods into account. It's more about politicians making deals for resources and how they've set up the dollar than anything related to the environment.

Most of them go on to cry how that will be fixed when everyone is driving electric vehicles. However they don't realize that for the consumerist society we are, people are going to buy an electric vehicle and eventually buy a new one as much as they can. This is the shitty effect that people experience when they see people with new stuff.
More and more cars will be produced and more pollution will be created. That and they seem to ignore all the factors when it comes to production from mining all the way to shipping the vehicle overseas.

The future is hydrogen powered vehicles.

Batteries eventually lose their ability to store electricity you rube.

>solar manufacturers don't use fossil fuels

Any pastas about musk and electrofags out there?

Someone had to make at least one that ends up with rolling the car over in an accident and it immediately being engulfed in a fire

>tfw rescuing someone from an electric car wreck is as close to disarming IEDs as anything else

All this shit about climate change.
I'm tired of hearing a constant non nonsensical debate about "green energy" and "muh environment".

IF they really, really wanted to do something, they would just build Thorium power plants and use the energy to suck CO2 out of the atmosphere. But no, we all need to drive shitty tesla cars and take 5 minute showers to save the environment. Fuck it all.

>Canadian education

No, they care about the $7500 govt subsidy that helps pay for them.

I think /o/ has one or two

Don't need to, they can and are, recycled.

They don't just get tossed into a dump.

Also it will be a lithium-ion battery factory, the climate will literally collapse once he completes it tbqh lad

>Even telsa says the batties will need to be replaced after 8 years
>Watching the cognitive dissonance in action

I told you the heads would explode.

Lmao I'll believe it when I see it faggot

I wish I was this retarded. The world would be so much simpler.

Define "recycled" and let's see how much CO2 and toxic material get pumped into the ecosystem. They don't just wave a magic wand and say it's good as new.

faggot

Don't forget the pointless heavily subsidized windmills built from MY money that are still not economically viable by the time their lifespan expires.

>Solar power is a magical force where you open your mouth and insert dick for power

Do you know what materials are required in solar panels? How they are mined & processed?

do actually recycle your old lithium batteries and all ewaste. you'll pay less for them later on and if you're really lucky you'll put an African miner out of a job.

the batteries only last like 10 years so you would need to make new ones. the performance starts to decrease after 5 years.

Driving a Tesla is code for "im a fucking moron working at some faggot tech company doing grunt code work because im too stupid to invent anything of use to society and i buy things to make myself feel special"

They said the same thing about the marine battery packs as well. They also grossly overestimate MPGs for gas cars. And still... refurb and recycle.

"Hurr environmentalism is a sham!" "Also don't buy electric cars because they hurt the environment!"

?????

Who gives a shit about the environment? If AGW is true we're fucked, nothing will be done in time, we've already missed what everyone agreed are crucial target numbers.

The car market has been fat and complacent for years and years and finally they have to compete with new technology and upstarts.

It's so much easier to try and heap shit and FUD on them than to improve your products. Yellow journalism is eager to help for clicks.

Recycling anything is so much worse for the environment than niggers imagine. I did a whole class presentation back in the day on what is bad about recycling.

yes, they are reprocessed.. but much of the emission problem is digging out raw ore. recycled lithium already has a pure but damaged product. melt it back down, process it and it's as good as new.

Shit for brains alert

Nice (((source))). BTW get out of your mothers basement and to talk to someone for fuck's sake. Anybody that fantasizes about talking to people and making their head explode seriously needs to reconsider their lifestyle.

it depends on what you're recycling. reclying plastics require volatile chemicals to break the plastic down again to reuse and are horrible for the environment. metals on the other hand just need to be melted back down.

Coal, gasoline, and diesel make 99% of all electricity

You're right, but it's irrelevant.... The point isn't that they're free to produce... the point is that they (and their production) can be powered by an environmentally friendly power plant.

Being dependant on fossil fuels for transportation is bad.

>EPA estimates are based on laboratory tests conducted by manufacturers according to federal regulations. EPA re-tests about 10% of vehicle models to confirm manufacturer's results.

It's not Bob down-the-street just taking a guess at MPG.

3 years

Oh i guess we'll all move to Quebec then

I've been saying it for years, we need to quit worrying about solar batteries and instead use our subsidies to force farmers to grow cotton so we can start developing cotton batteries like Japan is doing.

Except there's no competition, the electric cars don't even make a dent in the big scene

Faggot who knows nothing

Even if you change it you retard you are going to withdraw the car so the battery stays.

be honest with yourself. gas is an unsustainable solution. the price of gas will get bad.. real bad. like to the point that owning a car is a sign that you've "made it". we only have to dig the lithium out of the ground once to and then we can reprocess it all we need.

>Implying amerifats won't trade in their car every 3 years.

>Define "recycled"
You sound like a fucking jew

Recycling means they get refurbished and used in new batteries, dumbfuck.

Most of the bullshit about CO2 is put out by oil/gas companies trying to downplay their competition, and full retards like you just lap it right up.

Why aren't faggot hippy liberals like you ever whining about the CO2 costs of producing the trucks that haul coal? Why is it only ever the electric car and solar panel supply chain that is attacked in this absolutely ridiculous way? You fuckheads even whine about 'muh nuclear radiation' meanwhile coal/gas are killing 7 million fucking people a year from air pollution.

You're nothing but a useful idiot for coal/oil/gas lobbies trying to downplay the impact of nuclear, solar, wind and other renewables, and electric vehicles.

Honestly, the VW diesel turbos are some of the most green cars out there. Rediculous MPG, no toxic batteries to deal with, and they're pretty nice inside too.

No they don't

I think you're agreeing with me.

That's why you people should be exterminated.

Good try but you still didn't answer what the recycling process includes.

Elon Musk is like Steve Jobs: nothing but a hack selling sub-par products at a premium price to gullible liberals.

WRONG

Not to mention the C02 that is created to generate electricity for the cars to consume. Where do these retards think it comes from? Windmills??? No, fucking coal

Oh I gotcha leafnigger, the word recycle became tainted so you used the word refurbished to pretend it has less of an impact. I wish I could be so deluded to thinking just changing a word makes everything ok. kys you faggot

>wrong dummy, some of the first cars were electric
sauce?