youtube.com/watch?v=V5EPymcWp-g
youtube.com/watch?v=HDDGl79x4Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=FAgDXZfOfx0
youtube.com/watch?v=PkrU0uMkOzM
100777.com/nwo/barbarians
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You won't go to hell you filthy heathen

Don't join the slavshit one anyway

You need to be a christian first to believe in hell.

Noone is going to convince you, convince yourself.

Are you capable of accepting that there is more to life than what can be empirically recorded and defined? Are you capable of putting the needs of others before your own?

I'm asking seriously. Answer those first and we can continue on.

Which one should i join? Pic wasn't implying I wanted to join Orthodox

Working on it. It just doesn't add up for me logically speaking. But I look at the robustness of Christian societies and communities and figure there must be something there

Empiricism is a tough hurdle for me. I can take God's existence on faith, but past that I need sound theology (i.e. no logical fallacies, etc.)

>You will never believe in creationism. >You wont accept that christ performed miracles unless you can see documented proof from multiple sources.
>you won't deny the big bang or evolution
>you think it rather suspicious that the answers for life came in a desert country 2000 years ago

You will never believe without solid proof, and you will never get solid proof.

You have two options, have faith and believe in a higher power and that it has manifested itself in many ways (Christ being one). Or you can continue on with your atheism.

Put away your petty need to understand everything in your 80 years of life and accept that life is nothing without faith and love.

Don't look for Christ in facts, look for Christ in love.

Image would only make sense if paganism still existed. It doesn't, so it's a stupid image.

That you for being honest. You crave logical consistency which isn't a bad thing, but you strike me as someone who wants the end result of what faith and a faithful community gives you without putting in the legwork towards getting there. Case in point, you want others to convince you. You also are willing to meet God in His existence, but not anything else. That's a very one-sided relationship with someone who said He was the Son of God. Who are you to pick and choose what to believe based on what your eyes can see, and what your brain can decipher?

This is not a dismissal, I was in a similar situation as you. Tell me, are you a good person?

>European pagans never fought each other

>Celt Thracian
>Anglo Saxon Finn
>Baltic and Slavic are probably Vikings or crusaders
shit for brains/10

If you want to be Christian then why does anyone need to "convince" you?

where did people come from?

If you want to be Christian you don't need convincing. What a shit thread.

what's the point in being a Christian if no qt catholic girl to marry and have kids with.

I don't take advantage of others, lie, or steal. I do things that are condemned in the Bible (e.g. premarital sex). But I generally live by the golden rule

We can't convince you to take such a decision
Its for you and only you to decide

Roman catholic

>I want to be Christian
So you want to LARP? Because that is all it fucking is.

LIVE - Rick Wiles: What’s Driving the U.S. to Provoke the Russian Bear?

youtube.com/watch?v=61PKs6k1GcY

Is it madness or money that is motivating the United States to provoke Russia into a World War? Today on TRUNEWS, Rick Wiles discusses the latest incident between the two superpowers as a NATO jet buzzes a plane carrying Moscow’s top defense chief over the Baltic Sea. Rick also shares the details behind last night’s foiled jihadist bombing in Brussels and the neck stabbing of a police officer in Flint, Michigan by a coward yelling ‘Allah Akbar.” Lastly, Rick dismantles Jeh Johnson’s testimony on alleged Russian interference in Election 2016, and dismisses the latest claims of Senator John ‘Get Off My Lawn’ McCain.

Christ is knocking on the door already, you know the Good News.

Believe Jesus Christ is the Messiah and Son of God, and the Second Death won't come for ya.

I didn't ask if you followed the rules of western society (which were based on Abrahamic law), I asked if you feel you are a good person.

There is a key aspect behind my question, one of respect and responsibility. Christ, and ultimate faith in Him, is important to these notions.

..The big bang is a catholic, evolution has been taught as catholic for ages. Christ said question all your teachings. Your ignorance is making us look bad and turning away others.

I have a set of virtues in my mind that I would like to live up to and I feel that I do not meet those virtues. So I would say that I am not a good person

There's no sense in it. I was raised Baptist, atheist by my teens, then rediscovered and fell in love with Christianity in my 20s.

There is a lot of great shit in the writings of the Christian contemplatives: St. John of the Cross (dark night of the soul), Thomas Merton, Thomas Keating (centering prayer), Meister Eckhart, Thomas a Kempis, et al.

But at the end of the day, to be Christian enough for any real denomination to accept you, you still have to embrace some of the magical bullshit, in a literal and not simply metaphorical sense. Virgin birth, resurrection, only son of God, all that stuff. So just study it intellectually, find spiritual value in the writings of later contemplatives and select verses/books of the bible (I like the gospels, ecclesiastes, job, many of the pauline epistles for their realness. genesis/exodus/judges/etc. for their entertainment value. But if you're an atheist because you reasoned your way to it, you can't become a true Christian imo, even if you can work much of it into a logical and metaphorical framework.

Neopaganism is LARPing. Wicca is LARPing. Christianity is a living religion that has been continuously practiced for thousands of years, most of its practitioners were born into it, raised in the teachings and rituals.

But if OP is just doing it because the rituals and beliefs seem cool, then he is a LARPer, or at least a tourist.

So what brought you into atheism and what brought you out?

Then my friend, before you worry about the logistics of God and faith (which are very important and believe me, intellectually stimulating)perhaps you should look to what Christ sacrificed to give you, to give all of us. A way to love ourselves, finally, through him.

Follow Him and you will not just meet those virtues, and others you never even dreamed of, you will become a PARAGON of them to others around you. That purpose is why faith is as powerful as it is. Try it, even just for a while. Not a one of us are perfect, you will fail at some point. You'll wonder what the point of it all is. But there is only one way to go to bed at night tired, beaten down and exhausted and still wake up in the morning knowing you are a good person. You know what that way is, so trust it this time.

Christians tend to lead joyful lives, knowing their existence is meaningful. Not so with Atheists.
youtube.com/watch?v=y6rCbqpq6d0

I was born a Christian. My family is Christian. I genuinely feel a vacuum in my life and the only thing atheism offers for it is nihilism and consumerism

If you really wanted to be a Christian you would convert to Catholicism without a reason

>convice me
Sounds like fuck me from grills
Atheists are faggots

What would it take to convince you?

Reason and a new environment brought me to atheism. I was raised baptist in a rural Alabama town, everyone was white and Christian and there was no impetus to evaluate my beliefs. When I moved away to a city for school, I met people from other religious backgrounds (and atheists), and had to consider how they fit into my belief system. I reasoned it was retarded if Hindus born into a Hindu family went to hell for going with the flow of their family/culture, whereas I get to go to heaven for no reason other than I was born into a Christian family/society and conformed to it. I also learned about and accepted evolution, which destroyed any faith in a literal interpretation of the bible.

What brought me out was realizing the God I had discarded was a childish conception of the divine, believed by children and Baptists, but wholly different from the more metaphysical God described by Christian contemplatives and monks (which I had discovered after delving into Eastern religion out of curiosity.)

I don't see how either nihilism or consumerism are inherent in atheism. I really doubt religion is going to fill the vacuum, I think people will pretty much always feel incomplete or unfulfilled at various points in their life.

I'm from small-town Alabama too and study Eastern religion. The mainstream denominations in the small town always struck me as very juvenile and simplistic

>Neopaganism is LARPing
How is is larping if you take a reconstructionist approach using comparative religion and linguistics?
My faith means just as much to me as yours does to you. I've spent as much time reading anthropology books as your pastor does his bible.

There were mostly Baptists where I'm from. Some Methodists, a fairly large community of Mennonites. A kid from church dated a Catholic girl once and caught a lot of shit for it. This is a church where the preacher taught Catholics were idolators and polytheists from the pulpit.

YOU SEE THIS SHIT, STUPID? >You won't go to hell you filthy heathen

It's a cult. And they want to control you through fear.

A Semitic cult!

Because you have to reconstruct it. And I don't have a pastor.

What's the worst that can happen?

Go meet with a pastor and be honest. Tell him you
don't believe in any of the mysticism behind it, but
you're willing to champion a strong community.

That's fair enough. You can take the Peterson approach as I do to religion, that is it may not be literally true, but it is hyper true in the sense that it is the extracted archetypal truths of humanity, along with a definite sense of right/wrong and purpose to replace purposeless nihilism. Your thought process and outlook on life definitely takes awhile to follow through, I'm in a Catholic conversion program and sometimes I feel silly saying certain things about God and Jesus. You just have to keep it and you really do feel something special, especially at the end of a session when everyone dips their heads and one of the elder members says the closing prayer, and they ask for aid in your path and your struggles and for you to receive guidance. It really is heartwarming to feel the community and the care

There's about exactly as much proof for the existence of a higher power as there is proof for the non-existence of a higher power.

Instead of gnostic atheism you should be more pragmatic and turn to agnostic theism.

I think you will find a religion that focuses on meaning occuring in another life is going to do little fix nihilism. Most Christians I have met are spirtually bankrupt and more nihilistic than the atheists. They tend to not see it as a problem, especially as they get older, because they keep banking on the idea that it will all get cured when they die. The idea of an 'other world' only has value so long as the world you already live in is devalued. So as a result Christianity spirtuality actually teaches you to become more nihilistic and depise your current world in order to get you pumped for the next world. For context if you found the entire world you live in now good, devoid of evil, and loved mortality than the Christian after-life would sound downright hostile to your wellbeing.

Real spirtuality is about this world, it's the only one you have.

And hatred of consumerism is very self-destructive. You're essentially hating what keeps your life afloat. You "consumed" the computer you are talking on, the car you drive, the 3 meals a day that keep you alive, and all the media that gives you happiness. Anti-consumerism is just another way to get you to hate the world you live in so that the promise of another world will be more sparkly.

>I don't see how either nihilism or consumerism are inherent in atheism

I do. With no larger purpose, why care about anything? And when nothing spiritual can stimulate you, only the material can. Either consumerism, hedonism, flat out nihilism, or ideological possession seem to follow from lack of faith, when you look at the modern (faithless) world

>With no larger purpose, why care about anything?
Atheism doesn't mean your life has no purpose, just that you don't believe in God. Make your own purpose. You can still have a spiritual life and spiritual goals without a belief in God.

Maybe these videos would interest you and to help you logically fit everything together:

Quest for the Lost civilization - Graham Hancock (FULL MOVIE)
>youtube.com/watch?v=T5DNvYMtkyk

The Giants | The Nephilim Antediluvian Civilization | Pre Flood | Documentary Best Evidence 2017
>youtube.com/watch?v=UM-rOW7C6Xo

The Genesis Theory - (Part 1)
>youtube.com/watch?v=LMA41EVDhqw

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed (full movie)
>youtube.com/watch?v=V5EPymcWp-g
A Jew made this, but it has some good info especially the first half.

Know Your Enemy (Part 1 - Introduction)
>youtube.com/watch?v=HDDGl79x4Pc
I recommend watching all 77 parts. Good Christian videos.

"New World Order Bible Versions" FULL MOVIE
>youtube.com/watch?v=FAgDXZfOfx0

Why would you ever want to be a Christian? Organized religion is nothing but a joke and a tool to enslave the dumb and weak - look to your own self and take life on in your own terms before submitting yourself to a bunch of ancient horseshit. You can be a good person and have some innate beliefs about the world without becoming some mindless dummy.

>With no larger purpose, why care about anything?

That's your own take on an a-religious state, which is your own belief. Others who don't believe in "God" can fully create their own care and meaning in the world.

>hi I've gone most of my life completely opposed to Christianity and the concept of a God to the point where I use normie-tier arguments that debunk it
>however I see an inherent value in Christianity and I know redpilled people can be Christian as well
>knowing what I know and just a bit more to be a Christian, help me break out of my mindset as it currently is to become a Christian
>WTF WHY DO WE NEED TO CONVINCE YOU EDUCATE YOURSELF IF YOU REALLY WANT IT
Wew

>It just doesn't add up for me logically speaking.
Of course it doesn't, christianity is spiritual not rational. You need faith not proof in order to become a christian. You convert with your heart(not in the sense of emotion) not with your mind.
Have you read the Bible? I've been a christian all my life but only started reading recently. It's actually really interesting. Start with the new testament.
youtube.com/watch?v=PkrU0uMkOzM

Atheism is a belief system in itself just without a God. You would first have to play around with the idea of "God".

The Christian views are basically that this world is in a failed state through sin. Man is inherently evil, but even with that God loved us enough to give us a way out vs just getting rid of us all. He loved us so much that he sacrificed his son for us to go to heaven, and all he asks is for us to believe. Being a better person wont get us into heaven, its a highly impressed thing to do but that's not gonna get us into heaven. Its believing in God, Jesus, and that he died and rose from the dead.

Here's some verses to backup what I'm saying.

>Genesis 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

>Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

>John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

>2 Corinthians 5 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

> Romans 5:8 But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

>Romans 11:16 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Be careful with the denominations you go looking through most have twisted up scripture.

>I'm an Atheist
You're a liar.

>I want to be Christian.
Liars fit right in.

>Atheism is a belief system in itself

It isn't. It's, by name, the absence of a belief.

Avoid Evangelicals, Mormons and Jehova's Witnesses. Avoid the Catholic Church which has been infiltrated. If the pic means you're interested in Eastern Othodoxy, check out Pravoslavie for more information. Also give Aleksandr Dugin's stuff a listen/read on the political side of things.

>the rules of western society (which were based on Abrahamic law)
The law of the Holy Roman Empire was influenced somewhat by Christianity, but Abrahamic (or Mosaic) law was almost always set aside, even by religious monarchies in Europe.

>The lack of belief in something is a belief system

Stopped reading

Get all of arguments. both pro and against user.
Watch thulean perspective on youtube. he is against it but you need both sorts of opinions. go to your local church. watch "the endless love of jesus christ" on youtube. I think you can guess if he's for it.
the whole atheist community has gone to shit with fedoras and degeneracy. dont let them lure you. they are lost. watch all arguments for and against and then make your decision. like an adult. Also reply to this post or your mother will die in her sleep tonight.

How about we create our own religion? We can take parts of other religions and make our own larping

>Atheism is a belief system in itself just without a God.
Our brains and skulls have evolved in ways that strongly promote the ability to reason, however we can "suspend disbelief" to engage in brief flights of fantasy. We needed our imaginations to be able to hypothize and plan ahead. We needed to be able to speculate on the movements of herds, etc. Irrational thinking has some utility for very short periods and our brains are well suited for it. However, we are not meant to suspend our disbelief for long periods of time. Living in delusions and daydreams would have been the fastest path to Darwinian death.

Your irrational beliefs for extended periods are having a profound and deleterious effect on your brain's chemistry. Holding mutually exclusive concepts without question or scrutiny creates a harmful cognitive dissonance. The long term strain of this deliberate dissonance damages your ability to think rationally.
It even causes insane beliebers to spout patently ridiculous nonsense like, "The universe was created by a magic sky daddy" and "Atheism is a religion", etc.

Atheism is only the non-belief in made-up gods. Any other definition is falsified and a clear symptom of mental impariment.

I'm an Atheist, but I would still happily join a crusade in the upcoming race war ...

>happily join a crusade in the upcoming race war
Did the Crusades ever work before?

Atheism is the be chance of getting rid of all three Abrahamic curses

Replying to avoid my mom's death. Never watched thulean perspective. I'll give it a shot.

>the whole atheist community has gone to shit with fedoras and degeneracy
Pretty much.

The end of bible detail all the elite plans.
from anti-christ (unified religion that tell christianity is not true)
from mark of the best (digital currence with chip at hand)
"be carefull about the man behind the anti-christ" or something like that

and more
Read here.
Yes its detail their plans, and yes this is able to exist because they plan ahead of time.
They also put their plans in motion in a slow and steady way, this means that something planned decades ago become fully real only decades after it
100777.com/nwo/barbarians

>please indoctrinate me

Same here, I guess. I had a couple things that helped. One is this BBC documentary called "Amish: The World's Squarest Teenagers". It's all online free. Basically it follows Amish on Rumspringa as they explore degenerate Britain. They are very inspiring.

Also, someone said something (probably here on pol) that stuck with me: The layman conception of religion is about as trustworthy as the layman conception of evolution or science. To judge the overall validity of the concept you have to go to the eminent thinkers and authorities in the field.

>join a crusade in the upcoming race war
DEUS VU-

Occam's razor

kalam's cosmological argument

fake it until you make it.
worked for mother theresa.

Read the bible. Despite being written thousands of years ago it makes predictions that are true to this date.
>Genesis 6:3
>And the Lord said, My Spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be a hundred and twenty years.
To this day no man has lived past the age of 120.
>inb4 pure coincidence

How does Occam's razor favor Theism? A positive assertion of God's existence is unnecessary.

No. You either listen to the truth or not. No convincing...you already know in your heart what is right... Yashua is the truth, the way & the life....his burden is light and his reward is with him.....Dues Vult!

Jesus has saved your soul already. All you gotta do is accept him and try live a righteous life

At first I was genuinely attracted to Christianity by the various art celebrating it. The music, both classical and more modern (the blues, a lot of great American folk etc), the fantastic painting, the architecture and the literature. Atheists are so dismissive of all that, but I couldn't believe that so many brilliant artistic minds were attracted to something with no value. I actually got into the bible and the theology last. That path worked for me, it may for you as well.

Also, a great way to get into Christianity is watch a lot of atheist comedians. They are so sickeningly smug that it may well push you the other way. Gervais et al aren't half as clever as they think.

No more crippling existentialism.

Only fulfilment, purpose and peace.

Well, those 3 pictures certainly over-turned 2,000 years of Christian thought. Well done user.

>Christian thought

You mean conquering through violence, just like Islam?

I have to disagree with your first statement, Atheism is not a belief system. I grew up in an atheist house hold, we did not discuss God everyday and try to actively live a life counter to God. It simply was not a factor in our lives, it was not something that came into decision making.
Even with this absence of god we still lived by western/Christian values a lot of what the Bible speak about still holds true.
The one thing, and I cannot quote versus I am not as well read on the Bible as I would like but I recently finished a book on Augustine and the idea that Christianity really pushed this divine image of man. That we were a part of god, we were made in his image. Sure we can do evil but we always have God looking out for us as he is part of us ie conscience.
Another important, or at least I think is is the most important point, is the idea that salvation is a personal struggle. That you only attain it though your personal actions and morality. To me this idea of personal accountability and agency is the single most important idea and the western world was based off of it. Side note I also wonder why Christians in govt try to legislate morality/salvation since the only way to attain it is individually through Christ, you cannot force it. Can anyone answer that for me? Just curious.

No, I don't. You're over-simplifying and conflating Christian theology and doctrine with Papal policy.

>Muh theology

Yeah, you and Islam spread so far and wide cause of great theology, right?

I'm not even a Christian and comparing Christianity to Islam is apple to oranges. They have very different views of man and what constitutes a pious life.

well...

You can mock me, but the thread isn't about the spread of Christianity and Islam, it's about the appeal of Christianity as a faith.

lmao, keep trying to change the subject. Sad! Your religion's spread is a logical result of cultural evolution. The ultimate memetic virus, it developed unique characteristics ideal for its survival and domination. It had by its very nature a calling to spread itself throughout the world, and it rejected, even to the point of physical obliteration, alternative religious views. This demeanor still resides deep within Christian thought today. Christians view their faith and ideology as “right” and all other religions as just superstitions, whose followers are misguided—or misled by Satan, as many Christians still seriously believe—even though they know virtually nothing about those other religions, and hardly much more about their own. Ultimately, most Christians generally accept the “fact” that non-Christians will not be saved, since by definition “salvation” belongs only to those who have faith in Christ (this is the very heart of the New Testament teaching, as stated in Matthew 10:28-40, 12:30-32, Mark 16:16, John 14:6, etc.)

I said man, not god.

Jeanne Calment lived longer than that

Pascal's Wager relies on believing in the correct god, which is a total crap-shoot.

You don't seem very smart, but if you read back, you'll see you tried to change the subject, and I've been consistent throughout. You obviously desperate for (you)'s, so this is the last one you'll get from me tonight.
BTW, nice pasta, real tasty.

You do know that men have a penis and women have a vagina, right?

*Sacks constantinople*
DEUS VULT

bump