RACE IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT

How the fuck do i win the debate that race is not entirely a social construct? The facts are that there are no real observable genes that differentiate the races besides tyrosinase which is responsible for skin color. Though surely if you believe race has a solid foundation in biology, there must be more than just a skin color difference? Is there any proof of differing genes between say, asians and blacks? what are these genes?

Spare me the pictures of some ugly abo and some beautiful white girl side by side saying LMAO U THINK THESE ARE THE SAME SUB-SPECIES. White people can be ugly and have big fuckin noses and cleft lips too. I need genetic proof. Something solid, not just a meme pic.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_A
www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf
youtu.be/GvoiPUHfOXI
pastebin.com/tGMEhbhf
msu.edu/~renn/RHE-_mixed_race.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1448064/
content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1993074,00.html
sociobiologicalmusings.blogspot.ca/2011/10/problems-with-mixed-race-marriages-and.html
nature.com/scitable/topicpage/haldane-s-rule-the-heterogametic-sex-1144
pritchardlab.stanford.edu/publications/pdfs/RosenbergEtAl02.pdf
psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushtonpdfs/PPPL1.pdf
nature.com/ng/journal/v36/n11s/full/ng1435.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15625622
medicalxpress.com/news/2013-10-oral-bacteria-fingerprint-mouth.html
cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822(15)00671-5
youtube.com/watch?v=S3yon2GyoiM
scopus.com/record/display.uri?eid=2-s2.0-0019793890&origin=inward&txGid=0
scan.oxfordjournals.org/content/5/2-3/203.full
science.sciencemag.org/content/309/5741/1720
ucl.ac.uk/tcga/tcgapdf/Thomas-99-intelligence.pdf
well.ox.ac.uk/~gav/admixture/2014-science-final/resources/FAQ.pdf
cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(15)00137-8
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289605000917
psychologicalscience.org/index.php/news/releases/babies-prefer-individuals-who-harm-those-that-arent-like-them.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22963424
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how about skull shape

how about hapologroups

how about the bell curve of i.q's

how about that race mixed people can't find blood+organ donaters if the are ill

you idiot

Bell curve IQ distribution, along with organ transplant compatablitiy, bone marrow is largely incompatable between the races, I am sure there is more, but learn to google nigger.

What is the source, retard? What do the numbers even mean? This graph is labeled in no way whatsoever.

why do we have this thread every week?

race is about ancestry. people who have ancestors from the same broad region are genetically related to each other. the further out you go, the less genetically related they are.

"race" is just a convenient way to group these different populations broadly, largely because they developed separately and with minimal intermixing.

when people say its a social construct what they're saying is where you draw the line is somewhat arbitrary. they're not saying there are absolutely no differences between africans and europeans. its a rhetorical trick meant to shut down discussion. we use race every day. socially, legally, medically, romantically, etc. it's useful whether or not the lines blur.

just start saying "ethnicity" or "ancestry" instead if you want to be more precise.

Maybe talk about diseases/illnesses that affect different races such as stomach cancer, skin cancer, diabetes, etc.

show me the gene that is responsible for low IQ or retard brains in blacks. Can you prove a scientific instructional gene that creates this difference in groups of human beings?

sickle cell anemia

That's a dumb question. Multiple genes can affect traits such as intelligence. A gene is just a fraction of a chromosome. It's not always directly associated with any traits we can trace. There are also plenty of human behaviors we have no ideas which genes are associated with.

One gene that does seem strongly correlated with negro dysfunction, however, is the warrior gene:
>Studies have found differences in the frequency distribution of variants of the MAOA gene between ethnic groups:[8][9] of the participants, 59% of Black men, 54% of Chinese men, 56% of Maori men, and 34% of Caucasian men carried the 3R allele, while 5.5% of Black men, 0.1% of Caucasian men, and 0.00067% of Asian men carried the 2R allele.

The 2R allele (version) is associated with antisocial behavior, all-around, while the 3R version is associated with antisocial behavior in stressful conditions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_A

Race is a social construct. Agree with them.
But do you know what else is a social construct?
Government.
Government only has power because we CHOOSE to recognize it.
Borders only hold up because we CHOOSE to recognize them.
Race is real because we CHOOSE to recognize it.
And the fact that we choose it means a hell of a lot more than any Biological differences we may have.

TL;DR: Everything in society is a social construct and we've constructed them for good reasons.

If you can't read it, then you shouldn't be speaking about race in the first place, mongoloid

Italians can get sickle cell

let me guess, your next line is "italians aren't white"

then what are they? See how nebulous of a term race is? Despite looking like the in-group you kick them out because they dont meet certain specific criteria.

The fact you take that argument seriously, proves how far gone you are

>black people have hollow shin bones and the hair is wool

There is nothing to read you fucking idiot. They shoot axis up and down, throw some decimals on it, and draw lines separating different ethnic groups. This picture tells me absolutely fucking nothing. Please, if you are so knowledgeable, tell me what the numbers on the X and Y axis represent? Is this highlight genetic differences? If so how do I know this chart is reliable? And by what metric are these differences being observed? What is the source?

>Russian calling someone else a mongoloid
Do you even know what that word means, you dumb slav-nigger?

I imagine we could if geneticists wouldn't be committing career suicide if they published their findings.

www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf

You tell me

Fuck OP but would it kill ya to label the X and Y axis?

So what if it is? Just because society "constructed" some vague boundaries to define race doesn't mean they are not meaningful, useful, and generally correct.

Colors of the rainbow are also a social construct. Just because red might transition slowly into yellow , doesn't mean they are the same color. We can still drive important meaning and structure by recognizing the difference (and that there is one) between the two.

I will also add, you ignored the other biological differences, because you have no refutation.

I see you in everything thread having to deal with race and let me just tell you Ivan: you're not fucking white. You do realize this, right?

twin studies. nigger twin adopted by whites as a newborn is still nigger who chimps out like just like his long lost twin who stayed in da hood. many such cases.

OP the bone density and structure between races is literally and categorically different. the musculature is different as well. skull shape, skull size are all verifiable and observable differences

This

You can tell someone's race simply by looking at a brain scan.

White people like to fuck their younger innocent siblings if they dogs ain't around and they smell like camel cigarettes and steamed diarrhea and they fuck their close relatives and it smells like fish mixed with feces and the contents of the bottom of a port a potty tank with a strong smell of skunk toasted garbage with a hint of Mayo

>african ancestry
>mongoloid slav-niggers are this fucking stupid

Watch this.

youtu.be/GvoiPUHfOXI

You can tell someone's race simply by looking.

Works about 90% of the time.

Simple, just look at the ancient Europeans compared to ancient Africans. Both of them developed on their own evolutionary path, environmental pressures allowed for different traits to emerge, innate intelligence, processing of nutrients, etc.

Hell Sickle cell is one of the biggest defining factors to put to rest the argumet as it is only viable in a very hot region like Africa or any tropical climate where the pathogen malaria exists. In colder climates, those with sickle cell have blood vessel clotting and bursting due to blood vessel constriction.

can you not give me pictures for ants

jesus fuck what is it with you people, graphs with no sources or labels, 160x122 images. Fucking hell, god help me.

>IQ
Stopped reading here, anyone unironically bringing up IQ in an argument should be ignored. You're pretty much praising mental retardation at this point.

It usually just boils down to an argument of the beard/continuum fallacy

>Stopped reading here, anyone unironically bringing up IQ in an argument should be ignored.
anyone unironically not seeing the positive correlation between IQ and individual success is retarded

Who is the woman sitting on superman's face?

>tfw female batman isn't sitting on your face

don't worry, we're going to ship you guys back 2 africa soon

im a blm nazi and i support this shit nigga

>The facts are that there are no real observable genes that differentiate the races besides tyrosinase which is responsible for skin color.
Oopsie.

Might I suggest talking to any geneticist that has practical experience in private? Don't bother talking to students or fresh grads. Oh the stories they can tell but can't publish. You would be amazed how fast funds disappear when you publish anything (regardless of topic) that isn't popular. I'm hard pressed to call science honest anymore.

Just be absolutely certain to remain steadfast that RACE = ETHNICITY = BIOLOGY. Not behaviors, etc. There are plenty of differences. But culture is very much a social construct and that's where people get stuck. They seem to insist that culture = race/ethnicity, or rather, cultural stereotypes = race/ethnicity.

That said, there are very likely cultural habits that over time caused genetic changes. Be it diet, societal demands and so on (like lactose intolerance). Also, as this is often funny when you've seen the research first hand, melanin is actually pretty important in how things work in the head or rather the nervous system as a whole. Revlon poured obscene amounts of money into this topic as a result of certain products and have never published their findings. Pfizer did and does similar studies for other reasons as well. Nothing nefarious, but bread crumbs can be a political nightmare too. Odd as this sounds, the prevailing trends and results of domestication apply here as well (coloration, diet changes, etc).

Race/Ethnicity are a really interesting topic. But people are terrified of what such results would mean when out in the open. And I think a lot of people would read too much into it as well. Dogs and wolves ya'll.

>. I need genetic proof. Something solid, not just a meme pic.
How did you lurk here all this time but miss these things? Nvm, you probably just got here from leddit.

>I need genetic proof
devote your life to becoming a scientist

>Though surely if you believe race has a solid foundation in biology, there must be more than just a skin color difference?
Surely, because, there are more identifiable racial features (and combinations of genes producing those features) than "just skin color".

look them up

I mean for thousands of years these different subtypes of humans were acted on by natural selection in completely different environments with different selective pressures, but they're probably all actually the same and skin color is all that really differs ecksdee

pastebin.com/tGMEhbhf
msu.edu/~renn/RHE-_mixed_race.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1448064/
content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1993074,00.html
sociobiologicalmusings.blogspot.ca/2011/10/problems-with-mixed-race-marriages-and.html
nature.com/scitable/topicpage/haldane-s-rule-the-heterogametic-sex-1144

Should not that these were statistically insignificant results and were denied publication in almost all papers due to lack of test samples.

On top of that, there's nothing to point towards those genes being indictive of intelligence. Genes that allow for more malanin also appear in blacks more, if blacks are uneducated and have lower 'intelligence scores' then is melanin controlling intellect? obviously not but it doens't stop people from spouting junk science

It's probably best to not debate with someone stupid enough to believe that.

Bet you are on the brown end of this scale

>Stopped reading here, anyone....
Stopped reading here

Humans can be genetically categorized into five racial groups, corresponding to traditional races. Source:
pritchardlab.stanford.edu/publications/pdfs/RosenbergEtAl02.pdf

Genetic analysis “supports the traditional racial groups classification.” Source:
psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushtonpdfs/PPPL1.pdf

“Human genetic variation is geographically structured” and corresponds with race. Source:
nature.com/ng/journal/v36/n11s/full/ng1435.html

Race can be determined via genetics with certainty for >99.8% of individuals. Source:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15625622

Oral bacteria can be used to determine race. Source:
medicalxpress.com/news/2013-10-oral-bacteria-fingerprint-mouth.html

Race can be determined via brain scans. Source:
cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822(15)00671-5

If race is a social construct the so are numbers and language.

Come at me

What's Jessica Alba then if you just saw her for the first time

>The facts are that there are no real observable genes that differentiate the races besides tyrosinase which is responsible for skin color.
2/10 bait?

If a person is too stupid to understand evolution, there's no helping them. Genetics are passed into offspring with mutations. That's the basis of the entire fucking animal kingdom. From the mutual ancestors of homo sapiens and neanderthals, homo sapiens diverged into major separate groups with overlaps in breeding. Negroids, Caucasoids, Mongoloids. Australoids, and various. And within those major diverging genetic differences take place.

Idiots who can't comprehend that humans are animals might have an easier time with the analogy of dogs.

The genus of dogs/canines/wolves leads to differences in genetics leading to major differences between breeds of dogs. Different breeds have significantly different forms of intelligence, strength, health/illnesses, physical features, other traits, and overall behaviors.

>take 23 and me test
>my blood determines my racial heritage and the rough geographic location of my ancestors

>social construct

Faora

>sickle cell anemia
>Italians ain't niggers
>some

Don't be a mendacious cunt

Lots of Italians have nigger genes. That is where they got sickle cell anemia from.

>What are they

Some are German some are nigger some are sandniggers some are celts some are Latin some are greek some are kikes.

Fuck an A read a book idiot.

youtube.com/watch?v=S3yon2GyoiM

What race is the majority of the NBA?

You seem to be the roughly 10% user was referring to.

>IQ

what a fucking retard, that shit has been debunked since the 90s. Google it. First page results

The human race, user....

You cant have a logical argument with someone like that
just beat them down emotionally, although i cant think how

If race is a social construct, explain dog breeds to me.

I know this is bait, but fuck it, there's people like you who actually believe this.

Science is a social construct. Everything is a social construct. What the fuck does this even mean? That it's not real? Are you retarded?

Yes biology is a real science... This is not some shit some random scientists got together and made up. Different dog breeds are real. Pitbulls are different from chiwawas.

don't you all sometimes think that these threads are made by libs that have infested this place since (((TRUMP))) in order to gather our hive mind thoughts and quietly dissect their responses in private before offering their public rebuttals?

All man made and come from the wolf we literally crafted each of them to look that way there's no such thing as a dog breed
We pretend there is

>there's nothing to point towards those genes being indictive of intelligence
>junk science
-t. Undergrad in Cultural Anthropology

scopus.com/record/display.uri?eid=2-s2.0-0019793890&origin=inward&txGid=0

(1981) Bouchard Jr. & McGue analyze 111 studies on familial resemblances in measured intelligence and reveal a profile of average correlations consistent with polygenic inheritance modes.

This means that these 111 studies (covering over 1.000.000 people) show evidence of polygenic inheritance modes.

Years after this study was performed polygenic inheritance of DNA was confirmed by genetic studies such as (Davies et al., 2011) and (Deary, Johnson & Houlihan, 2009)

scan.oxfordjournals.org/content/5/2-3/203.full

(2009) Way & Lieberman analyze genetic contribution to cultural differences in this piece and draw support for dual-inheritance theory.

They show that there are genetic predispositions for IQ, collectivism, individualism, a wide breadth of aspects of socialization, depression, and other psychocultural phenomena which determine the values of societies and their people. They show that populations have mean genetics which means they have mean dispositions and thus mean personalities as well and thus cultures are formed around those same means.

These findings are supported by (Simoons, F, 1969; Simoons, F, 1970; Cavalli-Sforza, Menozzi & Piazza, 1994; Holden & Mace, 1997; Durham, 1991; Perry et al., 2007; Campbell, 1965; McElreath & Henrich, 2007; Kroeberm & Kluckhohn, 1952; Sasaki, 2013; Cochran & Harpending, 2009; Bentley, Hahn & Shennan, 2004; Boyd & Richerson, 1985; Gabora, 1995; and so many more)

>The facts are that there are no real observable genes that differentiate the races
But there are. How do you think 23andme works, voodoo black magic?

Fucking retard

>god help me.

Show me an Asian or White person that looks like this.

science.sciencemag.org/content/309/5741/1720

(2005) Mekel-Bobrov et al., conclude that the gene ASPM is a specific regulator of brain size, and its evolution in the lineage leading to Homo sapiens was driven by strong positive selection. They show that one genetic variant of ASPM in humans arose merely about 5.800 years ago in Eurasia and has since swept to high frequency across Eurasia under strong positivel selection.

The gene is almost non-existent in Sub-Saharan Africa.

ucl.ac.uk/tcga/tcgapdf/Thomas-99-intelligence.pdf

(1998) Thomas, Miller & Mascie-Taylor conclude that the EST00083 ("expressed sequence tag") is an mtDNA (mitochondrial; maternal) polymorphism found more often in high IQ groups. It is articularly common in Europe (less so in Asia) where it is associated with a lineage that dates back 35.000 years. It is nearly non-existent in Africa.

This finding goes along with a discovery by Turner & Partington in 1991 that shows mothers are the primary component in a child's intelligence.

>How do I even win the debate
A clever way of introducing your issue not as an attack, and then attacking the idea with arguments you considered solid
They are both constructed identities and objective elements that are true empirically that shape the identity

Just call them a cuck
It works every time

>RACE IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT
Totally.

>be armenian
>basically a jew/turk hybrid

just fuck my shit up senpai

Show me an Asian or White person with a nose like this.

Show me a white person with slant Asian eyes.

>His centerpiece is a 2002 paper, published in Science by a group led by Stanford geneticist Marcus Feldman, which used a computer program called Structure to cluster populations of the world by their DNA similarities. When they asked the computer to cluster peoples of the world into two groups, the computer gave them EurAfrica and Asia-Oceania-America. When they asked the computer for three groups, the computer gave them Europe, Africa, and Asia-Oceania-America. When they asked the computer for four groups, it gave them Europe, Africa, Asia-Oceania, and America. When they asked it for five groups, it gave them essentially the continents. And when it asked the computer for six, it gave them the continents and the Kalash people of Pakistan. (They asked the computer for up to seventeen clusters, but only published the results up to six.)

>A study by Firasat et al. (2006) concluded that the Kalash lack typical Greek Haplogroups such as Haplogroup 21 (E-M35),
>Some of the Kalash people claim to be descendants of Alexander the Great's soldiers; and a recent genetic analysis has substantiated this belief.
>A study by Hellenthal et al. (2014) on the DNA of the Kalash people showed evidence of input from modern day Germany and Austria between 990 and 210 BC, a period that overlaps with that of Alexander the Great...
well.ox.ac.uk/~gav/admixture/2014-science-final/resources/FAQ.pdf
cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(15)00137-8

>not just a meme pic
>post clickbait image
>don't even know how to fucking google something
get the FUCK out

Oh boy, another round of """facts""" and (((consensus)))!

Completely and utterly wrong. You're confusing species with race. For all intents and purposes, canines have tons of 'races' with distinct traits and tendency towards habits.

While wolves and canines can understand each others general mannerisms, there are just as many things that confuse them about each other. If anything, by bringing up the wolf, you're helping the success of your counter argument. But you wouldn't know that without understanding the science behind it.

RTFW retard
Google genetic clustering, enjoy

You're not even aware of genetic variations between human groups and you post a topic on genetics here?

How does this dog have squinty eyes? Is it part chink part dog?

>debunked
>google
>first page results

well baited

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289605000917

(2006) Templer & Arikawa analyze populations by temperature, skin color, per capita income, and IQ and find stark correlations between all of them.

They were able to accurately predict individual IQ by skin color (0,92), mean high Winter temperature of their race (0,76), mean low Winter temperature of their race (0,66), and per capita income (0,63). These findings provide strong support for the idea that colder climates caused selection for higher IQs over an evolutionary epoch.

This helps to explain why groups from hotter climates like those found in Africa are less intelligent and thus earn lower incomes.

psychologicalscience.org/index.php/news/releases/babies-prefer-individuals-who-harm-those-that-arent-like-them.html

(2013) Karen Wynn shows that infants as young as nine months old prefer individuals who are nice to people of their race and dislike people mean to their race. In addition to this they also like people that are mean to others races and dislike people that are nice to other races.

Sure, a social construct. Fucking shills
sage

>This helps to explain why groups from hotter climates like those found in Africa are less intelligent and thus earn lower incomes.
Let's not jump to conclusions either, correlation =/= causation.

Vietnamese people are smarter than native north americans, despite living in a much hotter climate.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22963424

(2012) Rushton concludes that there has been no narrowing in the mean Black-White IQ difference predicted by heritable g.

Rushton also invalidates research by Nisbett, Dickens, and Flynn that show black gains in IQ by evaluating their lack of data and use of specious arguments. He shows that the little data they had to prove these points obscured the topic by invoking alleged age and social class interactions and adoption studies of very young children. Their data was based on ideas, not observations. In his own words on the twin studies cited: "There is no evidence of any special cultural influence, such as extreme deprivation or being raised as a visible minority, that operates in one group and not in others."

He shows using a meta-analysis that there has been no reduction in the mean racial differences between Blacks and Whites and that all claims of, "systemic issues," are spurious and unsupported by factual evidence. The credence given to researchers saying that society is to blame for the failures of adopted Blacks comes from a cursory glance at a specious statement - they have no evidence.

>Burger
>to dumb to figure out how race works
It checks out.

You can't. People who say that don't even believe it. There is nothing that could change their minds because they've already decided to believe something that they know is a lie. They need to do this to maintain ideological purity. The only hope is that something else in their life changes to allow them to ditch the ideology.

settle down tyrone

>debunked

Any time you try to find out how exactly it was debunked, it's just unsupported conclusions that "it's been debunked for X amount of time" all the way down.