Is it true that americans don't take their shoes off in their home...

Is it true that americans don't take their shoes off in their home? I've asked two of my american friends and they both say they leave their shoes on because the floors are dirty because of pets/not cleaning.

Are americans really this gross? Do they not clean their floors? Someone help me make sense of this.

some people do some people don't. a lot of white trash will stay in the same clothes and shoes they wear all day even when they're at home. other people who are rich wear shoes at home because they have maids cleaning around the clock and the bottom of their soles don't get dirty bc they don't go to dirty places and they wear new shoes. that said, it doesn't take money to be clean and have manners. get some fuckin slippers if you don't want to walk barefoot/in socks.

in ireland there is no set rule. but in my house we take off our shoes. and its herasy to have them on upstairs.

We do take our shoes off, were just not autistic about it like poo in loos who will yell at you if you take one step inside before theyre off

It's highly unusual for people to wear their shoes in the home.
It doesn't seem like it would be very comfortable either.

Here in the U.K. It depends on the home owner. Usually you would just take your shoes off at the door. That's what my family and all of my friends have always done.

It's not just a cleanliness thing, it also helps separate work/school/uni/whatever from home life. Taking off your shoes is like getting into bed. You're home, relax and chill. I never understood kids who would finish school and stay in their uniform until they went to bed. I threw that shit off as soon as I got through the door.

People who care more about possessions take them off, people who care more about other people, relationships, and experiences leave them on.

It varies from house to house. In most of America it's considered a little rude to force your guests to take their shoes off, though.

Sometimes I wear my shoes inside, someone's I don't. Deal with it you gay cunt

Stupid chink. Go back to asia. Actual leafs don't do that.

no, you can't walk on fucking carpet with shoes

where I live people hardly wear shoes outside

That's what you think

Honestly if I'm at a house party with a ton of people I'll leave my shoes on, because if everybody took their shoes off there would be a pile of shoes by the door. Some drunk assholes could take my shoes by mistake, it's happened before.

However, there's usually a rule that states if you pass put drunk with your shoes still on, the house guests have the right to fuck with your unconscious body. Expect to wake up with a dick drawn on your face, at the very least

That's dangerous! I would be worried about being bit on the toe by Australia's insanely venomous fauna

oh you fucking idiot , americans dont wear big ass boots in the winter that covered in mud snow and salt, in our frozen tundra wasteland we have snow for 4-5 months so you would a fucking asshole to wear your snow covered boots in someones house , thats why , stop being retarded

you'll get those worms that go through your feet n die. rip

But american city streets are literally pozzed.

No shoes allowed in my house here in the UK not even me or my girl, if someone calls in and they want to come into the house with shoes on i'll pull someone up about it.

I'm not afraid to call someone out on their bullshit.

It's just basic manners right? I mean that's what I was always taught anyway. I like to keep things clean.

If a mother fucker comes in with grass on their shoes god help them.

tea anyone?

There's more to America than just its cities you Urbanite cuckhold

Clearly you've never been in new england or alaska