Moving to the USA

My wife and I really want to move to America. I'm quite partial to Texas but she's more attracted to NY. I'm easily employable, I'm white, and we both have advanced college degrees.

Any advice??

Other urls found in this thread:

beyondblue.org.au/get-support/get-immediate-support
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dont

Why not? I've always wanted to be an American

texas if you have to they have better gun laws NY is like eurotier

>implying mexicans are american because they moved there

this is what happens when you send criminals to make a country of their own.

Do you know of a good intermediate town or city? I really really really want to develop an incredible gun collection and would prefer to live in a place with a lot of land.

Well, where would you be in NY? It varies very significantly.

I'm glad to have left the state, since its government is crazy, but it's got nice places.

Fuck off, we're full

I'd go with Texas. New York has Jew York City and that place is a shithole.

Just don't go to Austin if you hate liberals or Houston if you hate Mexicans.

Well, and I'm not bragging so please don't think I'm being a dick, but we are both highly educated and quite successful.

But I get along with rural people WAY better than city folk. But my wife is a bit of an elitist, and new york city (Manhattan) will likely suit her.

Where could I get the "NY" feel but in a more rural location?

Move to Dallas.

>Moving to New York

You know its expensive living there right?

I'd recommend Texas but what skills do you have?

Why thou? What's in America beside 'muh guns' and diabetes that we don't have here?

Come to California, I've always wanted an Aussie gf

Could you please give me a run down of Dallas?

Move to Texas, there's no income tax there and you can own all the guns you want.

NY will tax 3/4s of your paycheck and never allow you to own a gun.

t. New Yorker.

>New York

Degenerate central and expensive the further south in the state you go. Very restrictive gun laws (I don't believe immigrants can even purchase guns in New York). Northern New York has a strong gun culture despite the crap.

>Texas

The superior choice for firearm ownership over NY, easily. Depending on your skills you'll make a shitload of money too.

>My wife and I really want to move to America.

Why? Do you crave the company of niggers or do you just want to hear Spanish spoken on a daily basis?

Primarily business, I would open my own business asap

No, don't live in Manhattan. There are plenty of other cities. It takes a certain kind of person to want to live in or near Manhattan. Asking Texas vs. NY indicates a crushing lack of knowing what you're getting in to.

Mate seriously come here and plan on traveling around a bit to see what things are like. Even the climates of these two states can be almost like on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Kansas city or try your luck near the shithole border

what the fuck?

More people, more experiences, more opportunities

Start with Texas.

I'd say in a rural area outside of Houston, you'll be near the airport if you want to travel, near the water if you want to enjoy the beach and have a lot of land to live on.

Central Texas is great. Fredericksburg is charming and has a strong German heritage, still like 90%+ white. Lots of state parks and open land nearby.
San Marcos is just South of Austin and is also charming. It's a college town so there's always stuff to do.

Central Texas is best Texas.

Yea dudes retarded

Harmless flora and fauna?

Unless you move someplace like Dallas, which is full of both liberal and conservative elitists, you won't find a major american city where you can meet like-minded people, can afford lots of land or will even be allowed a sweet gun collection.
Dallas is relatively boring, flat but at least some culture and nightlife but Texas as a whole rules.

People who don't shitpost 24/7

Do not move to either the east or west coast.

Go midwest or if you can stand mexicans and love mexican food (who doesn't love mexican food?), go southwest like Arizona.

Ohio is best bet. Go NE Ohio, stay away from Lakewood as liberal smug land. Cleveland is alright and on the rise but annoying shit bags like most cities. Rural Ohio is awesome tons of land a bit south of Cleveland but I enjoy it. Richfield is spacious, you can shoot guns in your back yards without police harassing you, alright schools and smaller towns.

And my personal suggestion is you move to San Diego. Amazing weather, guns, conservatives, liberals, surfing, beaches, mountains, burritos with french fries in them

Dallas is going to probably be your best blend of elitists and hicks.

North of the city is all decent suburbs. Plano, Richardson, Allen, Grapevine, Etc. have plenty of upper middle class neighborhoods.

Downtown is mostly business and whatnot, a few good bars tho. Uptown is a lot of night life. Lot's of younger people there.

South Dallas is pretty shitty. I'd just avoid that.

Highland Park is exceptionally wealthy and that's where you're going to get most of your elitists.

Public transport is OK. I used to take the DART all the time instead of Uber.

Now if you really want to move more towards country folk, just move to the sister city of Dallas, Fort Worth. There you've got the stock yards as well as a decent business sector. You're more likely to see business suits mixed with cowboy hats and boots in Fort Worth.

But this is all considered the DFW metroplex, so if you go anywhere around in there, you're guaranteed to find something that will be the right blend of country elitism for you.

everything is becoming the same in the states, you're probably not going to see too much difference.

I have a strong affinity for Texas, and I always have.

It may take some time to convince the missus though

So you wish to be a lamb to a slaughter? fuel for the fire? You want to come to the home of the $lave?

You ever watch full metal alchemist? You know those cities they use the create the philosphers stone? Thats the destiny of Americans.

Just follow Mcdundees foot steps when you get to New York you'll be fine.

330 here

also, purchasing power in Ohio is absurdly high. It's part of the reason why people that live in Ohio think there's nothing to do in Ohio - they tend to have much more disposable income and then go on vacation and think that tourist traps are what the rest of the country is like.

Amazing answer, thanks for letting me know. I'll definitely research it.

>implying any of you are American
youre all just a bunch of European immigrants and refugees
especially if youre white, you are 79%> European by DNA

Fair enough

But America's black problem kind of evens that out
Oi now, stop being cheeky ya silly sausage, my gits and I are gonna have a rank time wit you lot if ya don't keep yapping around how we cunts are peas in a pod about craptyping, have a good day us cunt

>enjoy the beach
>Galveston
Absolutely disgusting.

That said, this user is right if you like your weather hot and humid. If you prefer the cold you can get the same benefits by living in Maine or New Hampshire. If you like hot and dry, Arizona is a good bet. Midwestern states are pretty comfy outside of Illinois but the landscape is pretty flat and boring. The Pacific Northwest is lovely but the cities are full of liberals.

Just avoid California, New York, and the East coast between Maryland and Massachusetts if you want guns and land.

Go away Human beings are talking.

shut up faggot, keep indetifying as a dying breed of shills. Europeans have lost to mudslimes its about time to give up your fantasies and admit that you wish you could be american, but the only problem is euros never assimilate.

by 'highly educated' do you mean you're a specific sort of dentist that happens to be lucrative or some shit? because from your posts in this thread, you sound like a fucking retard. and nearly every australian is a fucking retard. so you have me a little confused.

Go to DFW

No problem.

Houston has too many beaners imho

New York City is the set of so many movies and tv shows, that everyone thinks is this wonderful place. Reality is that it's a 14 square mile public toilet.

It means I do business with the people who own this world, faggot.

for real, Live in upstate, you can still drive in and enjoy the city without having to deal with actual people on a daily basis

haha ok this is a funny LARP thread i guess well done OP

If you have the means, just agree to try one or the other for a year or two, visit both, and see what you think.

You might well want to compromise at somewhere in between or even take a trip to somewhere else to feel it out.

so highly educated you ask Sup Forums where to move

This is what I think. My wife is kind of naive but I can't ignore her opinion.

I'd recommend Mississippi, somewhere on the coastline. Hattiesburg is a nice town, it's an hour away from the beach and it's nice and gentrified.

Also you can buy guns and conceal carry them without a permit in the same hour. shit's comfy.

Canada is probably more your speed matey

You do realise this is the perfect forum for people who want to stay anonymous. I talk about Sup Forums all the time with my business contacts.

Good they could use more niggers and gooks.
Won't miss you faggot.

That is actually a great idea. Thank you

Take her on a field trip to NYC. It's absolutely worth visiting, but living there isn't like in the movies or anything. And it's not what it used to be these days.

Also you will bleed money just to take a day trip there.

This is you

I'm British you dip look at the flag

fucking croatians are retarded

I will, but it won't be too expensive for us. We live in Sydney, which is more expensive than NY

I grew up living 60 miles upstate from NYC ina beautiful area. I then Spent 8 years living in NYC. I attened college and now live in work in Austin, Texas. I enjoy the people and state of Texas far more than I did the people and state of New York. Hands down.

How is Austin for entrepreneurs? I would like to start my own business there

Why the fuck do you want to join a country 56% white filled with mexishits, niggers and liberals ?

Looks like fun

Upstate, the Hudson Valley has beautiful small towns. New Paltz is one I'd recommend. You can take a vacation to Mohonk mountain house which is a couple miles from main street. Just google Mohonk Mountain House NY and you'll get a taste of what the are is like.

With banter like that, America deserves you
See ya faggot

I live in New York and own over 60 rifle and shotguns and a couple dozen pistol. Collect them actually. Easy to get your conceal carry permit in New York, just not in NYC. Outside NYC id say 3/10 people carry and most homes have some sort of firearm. Remember, hunting is huge in upstate NY.

You look like a low IQ pleb. Your life will consist of four X gold beer and NRL. You're an objective loser.

I've heard good things about long Island. What do you think about this area?

You fell into my trap.
You're underage, have no wife and are not moving to America which is unfortunate.
>four X gold beer
Just sad mate
>low IQ meme
Putting people down because they like sport or certain beer, you're basically a green voter/ labor voter
In summary, you're a pretentious poofta with no friends and no wife

beyondblue.org.au/get-support/get-immediate-support

It's expensive as hell, but beautiful and offers a wide variety of living conditions depending on where you are.

I was about to suggest you fly in to La Guardia or JFK and take a road trip out to Montalk Point or something like that to see how the island changes as you go along. Montalk is on the north side of the island. Then on your return you could check out the south side with the Hamptons and all that.

From there, you could then go back to spend some time in NYC, and then organize a road trip down the east coast for a bit (the Carolinas might be your speed) and then at some point head west to Texas, ideally passing through some interesting inland destinations.

Stop projecting, just improve your life, it's far less pathetic

Don't you me you pretentious faggot

It's thriving right now. It is a really fun city and a good balance between getting the southern kindness and manners but being around people who arent full on rednecks. Houstons weather and traffic is terrible. 115 degrees in the summer with 95% humidity and traffic everywhere you go. Dallas isnt too bad,Fort Worth is nice as well. Austin though is the best Texas city in my opinion. NY is an extremely expensive state, while Texas and Austin is relatively cheap. Just an idea of how expensive NY is. I lived a hour from the city as a kid. My parents owned a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath, two story home. My dad paid $16,000 a year for property taxes alone. School takes were another $9,000 or so, then you have state income tax. This was 14 years ago also and its way more expensive now.

I actually love you, this is incredible advice. I actually might do something similar to this.

Did you base your stereotypes on TV shows? Jesus.

I'm not fucking surprised she wants to move to new york city, the most overpriced filthiest jewish places in the US. Its a fun place to visit, but neither of you will want to live there.

Theres 45 beautiful, quiet, spacious CHEAP states you've never heard of. Research one of those, assholes. You'd like anywhere but the south or far west.

Imagine actually wanting to go to the source of degeneracy and everything shit in the world
kek

KEK

K E K

Yeah, stay away from the hell-hole that is Commie-fornia. I was born here and I regret ever having to witness the degradation of society first hand.
I will be glad once I am in the conservative haven that is Idaho!

Did you base your stereotypes on TV shows? Jesus.

I'm not fucking surprised she wants to move to new york city, the most overpriced filthiest jewish places in the US. Its a fun place to visit, but neither of you will want to live there.

Theres 45 beautiful, quiet, spacious CHEAP states you've never heard of. Research one of those, assholes. You'd like anywhere but the south or far west. Texas and New York already have too many people.

My wife and I really want to move to America. I'm quite partial to Wisconsin but she's more attracted to Florida. I'm easily employable, I'm white, and we are both very good woodworkers.

Any advice??

I agree with you 100% but you can't just tell you wife she's developed her opinion from idiocy. Unless you're an autist. I need to come up with a persuasive argument so to convince her.

I have no interest in California at all.

I hated long island with a passion. Some people love it but I just could not deal with all of the traffic. Too many people in too little space. Plus, a cheap piece of shit house is gonna cost $850,000k or more. Taxes, fuck man...$25k in property taxes alone.

He can't even put his foot down with his wife and tell her they're going to the home of degeneracy.
>persuasive argument
>asking on a Chinese basket weaving forum for advice
>has no friends to ask advice
>has to ask for advice
The absolute state of this countryman
kek

KEK

K E K

Go to Colorado, good middle ground for both of. Florida sucks dick, we have a saying here, "Florida man crazy" which refers to all the fucking crazy ass news article headlines about shit happening there.

Good, you're better off in any of the "fly-over" states that make up a majority of this great nation. I suggest you tell your wife that Texas is your new home from here on out.

This. I use to rock climb the gunks and I loved New Paltz. Fun little place

Part of the Long Island tour plan is so she gets a taste of what it's like to live in or around NYC.

It's for some people. But you really have to experience the realities of dealing with the traffic, the people, and everything else. And you will have the opportunity to experience multiculturalism, Mexicans, Jews, Niggers, everything you can imagine in all its glory. I think it's not a good place looking forward as the old fashioned NYC expats are starting to die out and Mexican drug cartels are expanding further. It's certainly no longer the place where I grew up.

Please sort out your life. Anonymous people aren't automatically losers in life. Stop projecting and become more self aware.

you should get a job first before you decide to move

the visa process is a lot less painful that way.

job in the states i meant.

t. i know state department people (they are usually idiots).

She's quite reasonable, I think if I take an American road tour I'll be able to convince her.

shut your subhuman mouth you mixed monkey. you literal animal. you are a disgrace to white race

Europe is not a single country

who gives a fuck you brexit cunt, what i said still stand

How is it to start your own business? Much red tape?