Where were you when (((rising sea levels))) was completely disproved by a kids experiment?

Where were you when (((rising sea levels))) was completely disproved by a kids experiment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v7XXVLKWd3Q
bas.ac.uk/about/antarctica/wildlife/plants/
nasa.gov/mission_pages/icebridge/multimedia/fall11/antarctica-US.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Really activates my almonds

Yeah ice that's already in water when it melts doesn't effect the water level, basic displacement. However glaciers and the Antarctic melting do

Trump and Russia caused global warming!

What experiment?

Not all of the ice that would melt is in the ocean, so there would be an influx of new water, and the sea levels would rise.

Really get the noggin joggin

Yeah that's not how the polar caps work. There's land underneath there.

what experiment? this is just a picture of a glass of water you fucking imbecile.

Almond status: Activated

>ice thats in water doesnt affect water levels, however, really big ice in a lot of water does
Do you even read what you type you fucking imbecile?

True, but the ice shields have significantly depressed the land mass (see Greenland). As they melt the land rebounds, so sea level rise is not as great.

Who would win:
>1 inch of sea level rise
>A 1 foot concrete seawall

Arctic ice and glaciers are above the water you fuckig mongoloid

I have been sitting outside all week in just my scants and a knotted hankie on my head.

I love global warming.

I have a feeling that their is going to be only >1 post by this ID

Where is this ice you speak of? Have you ever seen it? How much is it?

>implying the ice is floating on the water

Not in the north...

Are they floating in midair or something? Care to explain m8?

ok, now put the ice on a table that drains into the cup.

Then what is it doing? Is it flying ice? Is it magical space ice?

Only antarctica has a landmass you dumbo

Ice have more volume than water.
Faggot.

why do people still use this nigger tier logic

It's the same mass, the only thing that changed was its shape.

>amerilard education

has*.
I saw a nigger face and I started to talk as a american nigger.

They're sitting on landmasses and when they melt they cease to be on land and pour into the ocean
The poles aren't big icecubes floating in the ocean

This is why man-made climate change deniers are fucking dumb as shit. Thanks for playing.

Glaciers and antarctic ice are on land? It's like if we re-did this experiment, but had another glass with ice to represent the ice not in the ocean, then dumped that ice in the cup. Yeah.

And let's not forget what all the extra salt can do to the ocean
Tsunamis

>hands on science is nigger tier logic
>listening to whatever the new jews say because it makes you feel smart isnt nigger tier
MMkay bud

>DUMB PEOPLE LIKE THIS EXIST

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

it's not about the rising sea lvl. No ice means more energy in our system, more energy mean higher temperature. higher temp means desertification and desertification means no food. I guess you can figure out why no food is bad for people by your own

>huge masses of ice are sitting on land masses
LOL you arent even right according to "science", let alone fact

>TRUST NASA
>TRUST THE UN
>TRUST THE IPCC
too many jews ITT

>mfw this projecting stupid ass doesn't think that rain happens

give it a rest, you uneducated, low functioning retard.

It's almost as if there's absolutely NO ice above sea level at all!
Crazy isn't it!

The North Pole is largely just ice on water yes. South Pole is a land mass covered in ice and therefore would add to sea levels if it melted. They taught me this in geography when I was 14. Catch up.

>being so brainwashed you get angry at people who say anything that goes against scientism
Sad. Especially since your kind will have to be physically removed

Finally

Why is this thread attracting so many Hank Johnsons?

youtube.com/watch?v=v7XXVLKWd3Q

Antarctica is a landmass you fuckwit. It's a goddamn continent.

Or are you some kind of continent denying conspiracy theorist?

Shouldn't the water level be lowered because H2O expands when it's frozen?

>talking about ice caps
>retard weeb with sub 100 IQ starts talking about rain
I'm surprised you've figured out how to post

yeah but when it's and ice sheet that breaks off that is already over water then it isn't over land.

Sure thing, asshole

Your morons, what did you have on physics lessons?

Its real though, but it just falls off the sides cause the Earth is flat.

Thermal Expansion of Water, Retard.

Isn't this just a diffusion or evaporation process? The water evaporates as fast as the ice melts so it stays at a constant volume.

Have you ever been to antarctica?

want to know how I know there's a leaf behind that snake?

>uses kid's experiment to try to prove point about sea level rise
>fails to see difference
>tries to defend it anyway when challenged
>sea levels still rise
>embrace us in your cold choking sea water, Neptune. I don't want to live on this planet with OP anymore.

>posts cgi as proof
Suicide is your only option at this point

there's not, sorry southern swine

>Antarctica
>>>/X

Snow is deposited on hand over time and is compacted into ice. Ice that is formed on the sea is sea ice and has a lower freezing point hence why it doesn't create ice sheets.

The water melting is fresh water on a land mass (like in Greenland or Antarctica), hence why it doesn't have an affect on the sea levels.

Thermal Expansion of my Donger, Retard.

Man made global warming is a myth, however ice shelfs that are out of the water falling in in places like Greenland, Antarctica, and the North Pole would be more like dropping ice cubes into a bowl of water (the level rises)

Not if he's a communist

In the 1980's watching Mr. Wizard.

>survivors get a whole new continent to live on

What's the problem here?

Is that comic sans?

Obvious bullshit you have just pulled out of your ass, or have taken from someone else who pulled it out of their ass. Try again retard

Glaciers are not on top of water, bud. And a lot of the ice in Antarctica is on top of land.

mate we dont need kids to debunk it, we know its bollocks.
its a bit like having to go out of your way to disprove a flying spaghetti monster, its pointless.

>there is proof that ocean temperatures are ris-

Yes.
There's a landmass under the ice.

A large portion of ice is in the Antarctica. This means that it's stockpiled on the land, and not on the ocean. So if it is really melting this would affect the sea levels because the water would trickle down from the land to the ocean.
That's what I think at least, correct me if I'm wrong.

Wrong.

Except this doesn't happen in the feedback regulated real world. Climate trends are self governed. Only the least educated fall for this shit. E.g. The ocean is our most important carbon sink and has been driving global CO2 forever. Not the Honda Civic in your garage

The rising seas come from heated water expanding, only a small contribution comes from ice and permafrost.

Its just like the mercury in a thermometer, as the oceans warm, the molecules hit each other with more energy causing the ocean to expand

Wrong!

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
fucking liberals. I sure you're are from North America, Your education suck more that a child who died in WTC and now do BJ some nigger in hell

(You)

>goes against scientism

care to explain why you think what you do?

Really?
bas.ac.uk/about/antarctica/wildlife/plants/

shh let them be gadsdenon. they didn't know that antartica is just a huge ancient - older than our sun, aylomao spaceship.

See, THIS is science. LeChatelier's principle basically states that chemical reactions occur when molecules come into contact with eachother at the correct orientation, and this is more likely to happen the higher the temperatur of a given system gets, because heat causes molecules to move faster, thus having more chances to react. Has nothing to do with some fucking ice

>ice melting in water would wake more water
>theory of conservation of matter

pick one

>he thinks the Antarctic is just a giant ice cube

IT'S A CONTINENT YOU IMBECILE

The rise comes from the melting ice which is currently sitting on land e.g the glaciers of antarctica... When that ice melts it off of the land, into the ocean and tada, levels rise.

The way people get duped by experiments that disprove something that was never claimed e.g ice melting in water effecting water levels... Fucking retards.

>liberal
Ummm no, faggot, and I find it kinda creepy that you are so simple minded you call anyone who doesnt agree with you a liberal

I wonder if antaarctica would flood too
It's still barren and inhospitable though, i doubt there's any life whatsoever under that ice

>retard is getting called out for his retardation by EVERYONE ITT
>"n-no.. you're wrong.. see, i can move the g-goal posts, even though it still makes me for the retard that i a-am.."
>13 posts by this ID

give it a rest, jackass. you're wrong. you've lost. fuck off and huff cyanida if you're too much of a gutless bitch to fess up and cope with your hilariously small penis/brain.

>Implying im an inbred hillbilly
I'm truly not, so this type of insult doesnt bother me in the slightest

nasa.gov/mission_pages/icebridge/multimedia/fall11/antarctica-US.html

/THREAD

>Shitty snake
>Not a liberal
???

>I have a feeling that their is going to be only >1 post by this ID
actually the aussie had posted three times

>tries to make me sound nervous by inserting stutters
>not even nervous at all, intellectually destroying all of these brainlets

>Reddit spacing
checks out

Extra salt?
Do you know what a glacier is?

but what if all the ice causes antarctica to tip over??

>a damn yankee
>any different than a leaf
really energizes my pecans

The ice is less dense than the water it is displacing so when it melts it's overall volume, both below and above the water will decrease. The amount of ice that is exposed is being kept afloat by the less dense ice below it such that the difference in density between the water and ice provides enough upward force to keep the tip afloat, in words, the exact amount of ice is being kept afloat that would be required to fill the volume if the ice below it melted to achieve the same water level. In other words a floating piece of ice that melts is in a state of equilibrium and will not change the water level by melting.

You're a fucking idiot, that's for sure. Here have a picture of Antarctica.

Oy vey shut it down

> doubt there's any life whatsoever under that ice

You don't know about the Nazis?

Northern Canada, Greenland and Norway say hello.