What is Sup Forums's honest opinion of Nietzsche?

What is Sup Forums's honest opinion of Nietzsche?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vZQJFbrqjUY
archive.org/stream/dawnofday029675mbp/dawnofday029675mbp_djvu.txt
youtube.com/watch?v=ldj0RX3CqXA
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-8DWYusLWU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ghey

Streyht

syko

bysexooal

Most important intellectual since Kant

>everything is will to power
>w-wait don't use my books for your own political gain, I love the Jews!!!!!!!! Waaa
Stupid faggot

Neon Genesis Evangelion could be considered the most Nietzschean anime out there, sadly the core concept behind the series is often completely overshadowed by the amazing plot, animation and music throughout the whole thing. Many wrongly think that the Christian symbolism found in the series, ranging from its title to the usage of crucifixes and biblical names, is just there because it may sound cool or interesting.
Christianity is based on the idea of salvation, that the world one day will come to an anticipated end brought by God and that our souls will finally be free from this mundane existence and be united with him for eternity. Evangelion on the other hand had a very similar idea in the form of "The Human Instrumentality Project", that the world one day will come to a manufactured end through the "Third Impact" brought by an almost mythical organization known as "SEELE" and that all the souls will be free from their lonely and painful existence and be united together in complete peace and harmony for eternity. A lot of us know right now that the Christian idea of salvation along with many other aspects of the Abrahamic religions are false, but Evangelion decided to treat the idea as a reality and explore its implications.

After a long eventful plot The Human Instrumentality Project does become a reality through Shinji Ikari, who after experiencing this new mode of purely spiritual existence, sees it for what it is—nihilism. Both in the anime and the original manga Shinji realizes that the real suffering he had to endure throughout his life will always be better than a manufactured reality where no one and nothing exists, where no events good or bad ever occur, where nothingness prevails. Shinji then decides to end the project and return to a destroyed and ravaged world.
In the anime he admits that he doesn't know where happiness lies anymore and then it ends with him facing his own continued suffering in the form of "patheticness" as Asuka puts it, while in the manga he is reborn in a slightly altered reality where the Human Instrumentality Project never existed and then it ends with a monologue by Shinji about how suffering is his only path to achieving anything worthwhile in life.
In the end, through a lot of beautiful Christian symbolism and a magnificent plot, the series followed the Nietzschean concept where there is no deus ex machina, where divine and supernatural salvation are an impossibility, and most importantly, where only man can save himself and turn it into something better and higher through his own work and suffering in this world.

How is it Nitzchean? Shinji never overcame himself and became the übermensch, he just succumbed to his own shortcomings, giving up on himself and the rest of humanity.

>he didn't watch End of Eva

*clap*

Rolling in his grave at all the atheists and lefties that misinterpret him

the last relevant thinker

Liar, fake, ass, trash, shit

I haven't really seen many leftists quoting Nietzsche, he seems to attract more right wingers and centrists than anything.

spooked

just another dumbass philosopher who thought he was smarter than god.

He'll end up in hell.

I think he borrows heavily from Jordan Peterson and at times contradicts himself and tries to be provacative with statements like "god is dead", but he's pretty good.

Just look at this thread mate, all these faggots that have drank the coolaid and think Nietzsche was a nihilist or that he was against god.
He was WARNING us against the fall of Christianity you retards. Go read the full "god is dead" quote and stop regurgitating what your dumbass postmodernist teachers told you.

Well said

>memecenter
Cancer.

except for the fact that his personal philosophy was vehemently anti-salvation and he disliked Christianity immensely. His lamentations of the death of God were a fear that in the absence of an objective morality than mankind would be unable to function morally.

you're both fucking stupid revisionists.

Posted this yesyerday.
I used to be a nihilist then I started caring about stuff. It's all whatever.

In an honest opinion, he set some incredible foundation for existentialism. Sure existentialism is not what Sup Forums likes, because all of us here are more or less determinists, but Nietzsche provides some great reasons to read further within existentialism. I just dislike existentialism because of the devaluation of moral standards, so I guess you can put me in the boat with the retards above. /his/ is much better if you want to discuss about him, but if you just seek X approval from Sup Forums NTZ was a very blue pilled individual.

>implying Christianity carries no responsibility for its push to irrelevance

He was amazing desu senpai

His Master-Slave morality theory explains everything:

>Nietzsche condemns the triumph of slave morality in the West, saying that the democratic movement is the "collective degeneration of man". He claimed that the nascent democratic movement of his time was essentially slavish and weak. Weakness conquered strength, slave conquered master, re-sentiment conquered sentiment. This ressentiment Nietzsche calls "priestly vindictiveness," which is based on the jealous weak seeking to enslave the strong and thus erode the basis for power itself by pulling the powerful down. Such movements were, according to Nietzsche, inspired by "the most intelligent revenge" of the weak. Nietzsche saw democracy and Christianity as the same emasculating impulse which sought to make everyone equal by making everyone a slave.

I'm not a christcuck, and it's irrelevant whether or not it's their own fault.

Last time I visited /his/ it was filled with conformist retards, and the mods would ban you if you didn't agree with the mainstream view of the Holocaust. How is it these days?

Cousin of my great-great-great grandfather - story has it he once shat his pants during an easter fest as a child.

I can say with 100% certainity that not a single person on this board understand Nietzche. If you think you do, you don't.

well, good luck with that, sunshine!

he is a spook

This. I know I don't.

i read that book too recently, Nietzsche and the Nazis by Stephen Hicks, right?
great book, did you read "explaining postmodernism" by him?

don't mistake your own intellectual short comings for everybodys. one may not understand Nietzsche in the sense that no person can truley understand anyother - but not in the sence that one is incapable of following his thoughts. With a given intellect, it is quite possible to understand perfectly what he thought, due to his very clear and precise writing and the logical masterrace language of German

Really a woman. Look at the tiny ears, and fake facial hair. Many such cases. Sad!

Of course it's relevant. He had a reason to "immensely dislike Christianity", going by your own words. It's because the fundamentalists carry as much responsibility for the decline and corruption of the religion as those that worked for its destruction.
In any case, Nietzsche foresaw the chaos that would come forth when the basis of the western civilization (Christianity) became corrupt and weak. Whether he was a Christian himself is irrelevant.

I liked Evola's take on Nietzsche.

yeah, german language is really good for philosophy or science, but not very useful for poetry or literature.

Well they're more wrong than you but you're also wrong. Nietzche didn't warn us against the fall of christianity, he said christianity was already dead because we had become too intelligent for it (let's be honest, nobody believe that fucking horseshit anymore) and we therefore basically were fucked unless we could come up with some other morality.

Goethe and Hesse among many others prove the opposite in my opinion. It is possible, just more difficult.

>With a given intellect, it is quite possible to understand perfectly what he thought, due to his very clear and precise writing and the logical masterrace language of German

Yes but nobody on Sup Forums has even read Nietzche (or anything else for that matter)

Why do people post shit like this? It's not clever or relevant.

One of the things I started to care about is how people behave. I can tell this faggot is twelve an not supposed to be posting on Sup Forums.

>Sup Forums is one person, and he is me

I read through Mein Kampf on a monthly basis

youtube.com/watch?v=vZQJFbrqjUY

This video explains it all :^)

He immensely disliked Christianity because it was sklavenmoral and made a virtue out of human weakness for the sake of the meek's peace of mind. It's only fitting that such an inherently weak ideology produce the slaves of people today who are responsible for the collapse of the world.

Hoisting the dull and and the weak around as paragons of virtue because "all are lambs before God" was an ideology which only ever permitted one to applaud their own inadequacies. Christianity is an ideology that does not deserve respect.

lol, if we go as far as great-great-great grandparents, anyone of us could be related to nietzsche.

why do you do this to yourself? it's not even a good book. just read spenglers decline of the west once a year.

>How to Philosophize With a Hammer
Nietzsche's specialty was idol destruction.

I'll resist the urge of being edgy and second this IF you add Schopenhauer in between.

he basically just wanted to BTFO all betas and cucks and stated that only chads should rule the world.

>No one on Sup Forums has fallen for the literature jew

Whatever. Keeps us original. I read books about things I care about, currently reading Amaro by Brad Thomas Parsons.

The problem with religion is that people are only really attracted to it when they're suffering. Religiosity greatly increased during the plague, and you see much extremism in the war torn and inbred middle east. It's also a reason why I think the middle east will never escape their cycle of violence, because what they cling to for dealing with their suffering is also one of the biggest contributor to their suffering.

You are better off reading the Classics, than reading Nietzsche, if you want life advice.

That said, he was right about the philosophy of his day.

My favorite quote of his:
>“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

He only cared about the truth, even at his own expense. Red pill personified.

Edgelord with edgy followers.

Overrated piece of shit for an anime.

I was going to lie but my honest opinion is that we should sage or report one line writing prompt spam.

Better English translation:
>He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

you didn't get him at all.
nietzsche meant hammer as in the little hammer that you use to tune up a piano. he wanted to tap into the peoples soul with his philosophy and see which of his ideas get the best sound/resonance.

>implying Sup Forums reads..

Damn. Well put, but you are disregarding all the good Christianity has brought. Civilization requires a nuclear family and Jesus does that well.

will to power is genius

>All-or-nothing

Heres some attention. You deserve it

Like Jung, he is overrated.

get fucked you worthless anime faggot

this. you need a collective myth or ideology to get people to work together, love each other and build something together. otherwise they'll just run around, destroy and exist aimlessly, just like commies.

this guy doesnt understand Nietzche

Even you got Nietzsche wrong. Sure he warned that humanity will see itself in bad places after God died, but he was not by any means pro-Christian. Read him again if you think that. Peterson is correct when he quotes Nietzsche, but I don't think he has ever mentioned Nietzsche's critique against Christianity.

He was certainly in favour of some sort of ''spirituality'', non-materialistic thought. Out of all the religions, I'd say paganism was the closest one to what he advocated.

I've read all of Nietzsche and although obviously I can not have comprehended his geniousity completely (nobody does), I think I've a pretty solid idea how Nietzsche thought. He is without doubt the greatest thinker of all time.

Ideology never builds, men do. In fact, once could say they could have gone further had they not been trapped within the confines of the thought process that "man can only do so much".

That's what's beautiful about the will to power as a concept. It doesn't even inherently contradict a theistic interpretation of God. I would venture as far to say that only the man who could look God in the face on the day of judgement and say "I don't need your judgement. I did what was right because I decided it for myself, not because you told me to" can truly be called the ubermenshe.

Good answer, I expected this from a pathetic and obsessed burger.

Nationalism is a collective ideology that people can get behind.

Jung is overrated by who? Irrelevant new-agers and psychologists who don't want to believe in materialism? Anyone who has actually read his real work (and not just the popular books) can see his insights and flaws.

So if Nietzsche is overrated like Jung, it's by people who don't really get it.

>I've read all of Nietzsche and although obviously I can not have comprehended his geniousity completely (nobody does), I think I've a pretty solid idea how Nietzsche thought. He is without doubt the greatest thinker of all time.

The Dawn / Daybreak is absolutely mind-blowing

Shove rigatoni up your was and do a dance for us.

archive.org/stream/dawnofday029675mbp/dawnofday029675mbp_djvu.txt

>A lot of us know right now that the Christian idea of salvation along with many other aspects of the Abrahamic religions are false
Going to need proof of this statement

>imagining his immense depression as he saw europe becoming more and more godless and degenerate

*up your ass

Fucking mobileposting. Anyhoo, eat spaghetti, nigger.

Agreed. Understanding Schopenhauer is so essential to understand Nietzsche.

Nietzche was first and foremost an edgelord. He wrote books that were deliberately poetic and ambiguous to get people to bitch about what he meant. He is merely a good troll, the fact that he was right just adds to the attention he got. If he was a real philosopher he would have clear and concise doctrine and models.

What defines an intellectual? Some autist wrote some books and didn't kill people for attention? The Unibomber had some good ideas but he killed people.

I guess I'm saying, why do you care about what some other autists think about society and form your own opinions. I live by the "teach a man to fish" adage.

Awesome synopsis, I may end up watching an anime for once because of this.

I'm better. That's my opinion.

youtube.com/watch?v=ldj0RX3CqXA
>tfw you will never share your love of Friedrich with a 5/5 qt3.14

One characteristic of great men is that they can learn from other great men. As an earthly being you will never have the time to ''figure out'' what people wiser than you have thought out before. Thinking and putting those thoughts into words takes time, and if we were unable to learn from masters, we would be spinning the wheel generation from generation.

Discovering Nietzsche was certainly one of the most important events in my life. Never has my head been blown so hard by word as when reading his words.

I can't believe I suffered halfway through NGE

>Nietzsche
Nietzsche:
God is Dead
God:
Nietzsche is Dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-8DWYusLWU

You're a rape baby. Why would I care what you think let alone the glorified chimps of the past. Reading history makes sense. Reading some other nig nogs autistic blather is kinda dumb. My dad taught me what i need to know.

#
Uhm, no. Read Thus Spake Zarathustra and Beyond Good and Evil. He argues we are past the epoch of finding transcendent metaphysical forces, like God, to give a foundation of all moral values. Thus, he encourages people to heroically construct their own values to derive meaning whilst acknowledging their overall cosmic insignificance and inevitable defeat via amor fat attitude; that is his transvaluation of values. He also puts emphasis on Appollonian and Dionsyian polarity.

amor fati*

He was a proper prophet. Carl Jung considered him as such, so I concur.

Really, thus spake Zarathustra is a work of art.

>t. Christian in denial about the fact that his God died
God is dead. God remains dead.

The madman was right.

Umm sorry sweetie but calling others ''rape baby'' is not going to hide the fact that your mental capabilities are not anywhere near what is required to understand philosophers and thinkers. Don't worry, you're just like most people. There's no shame to it.

He had a pretty sweet 'stache....

I honestly think he was lying when he spoke positively about contemporary Jews in his time so his works would take off. I forget in which book he talks about how the Jews have a lot of power in Europe and could work towards taking it over but weren't doing so. The German Revolution happened not too long after his death where a bunch of communist Jews overthrew the monarchy and established the Weimar Republic which led to the rise of the NSDAP. I think Hitler read his works and read between the lines.

He was 100 years ahead of his time. A true prophet of our modern lives. But you need to have a good understanding of the previous philosophies to truly understand his significance. He is as important as buddha, lao tzu, aristotle. And he's not a nihilist.

Anyone August likes is ok with me.

Nietzche
50% mustach
50% intellectual vomit that allows people to analyse whatever their current mood fancied out of it