/Christ/chan CHRISTIAN GENERAL - LORD OF HOSTS (PSALM 46) EDITION

>Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6 KJV)

DAILY BREAD
God is our refuge and strength, a well-proven help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy dwelling place of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her; she will not be moved; God will help her in the early dawn.
The nations roared; the kingdoms were moved; He uttered His voice; the earth melted.
The Lord of Hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

(Psalm 46:1-7 MEV) youtube.com/watch?v=3lH2IJEY1sY

READ THE BIBLE
biblica.com/bible/reading-plans/
LISTEN TO THE BIBLE
divinerevelations.info/documents/bible/esv_mp3_no_ot_2ndversion/
WATCH THE BIBLE
fullbiblemovies.blogspot.ca/

CHRISTIAN NEWS
>Christ's Internet
christsinternet.com/
>Hal Lindsey Report
hallindsey.com/
>Z3 News
z3news.com

PODCAST
>Josh Coen
youtube.com/channel/UCBz2GypMVTo0q0n4QVXaCSQ
>Lyn Leahz
youtube.com/channel/UCWRlinV3L44cZJ_mLOk7trw
>TRUNEWS
youtube.com/watch?v=XAbtmy9Mqgw

TESTIMONY
>From New Age To Jesus - My Testimony
youtube.com/watch?v=cMu5F2icsT8
>Howard Storm's NDE
youtube.com/watch?v=DKob9cXYo3A

MUSIC
>What Faith Can Do
youtube.com/watch?v=hVoo9n2kAPA
>Forever
youtube.com/watch?v=WLoC0rPUwAQ
>Where I Belong
youtube.com/watch?v=fVBu2_dVb7w

PRAYER & WORSHIP
>International House of Prayer
youtube.com/user/ihopkc/live

Other urls found in this thread:

fuller.academia.edu/DavidDowns
academia.edu/9407721/_Love_Covers_a_Multitude_of_Sins_Redemptive_Almsgiving_in_1_Peter_4_8_and_its_Early_Christian_Reception
academia.edu/7548735/The_God_Who_Gives_Life_That_Is_Truly_Life_Meritorious_Almsgiving_and_the_Divine_Economy_in_1_Timothy_6
youtube.com/watch?v=XKPFqTahBoY
youtube.com/watch?v=o6DDO06zkcA
youtube.com/watch?v=5MPHGt9LmfA
youtube.com/watch?v=I5gv-V9axtg
youtube.com/watch?v=RoYCUtIRP30
google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiH9KLsutLUAhUkCMAKHXl4DWQQFggmMAA&url=http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0102.htm&usg=AFQjCNFeZ7TYk-xPO0LlFXbgtKsf-IBTqg
youtube.com/watch?v=7U9lVjZg-Kg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuller.academia.edu/DavidDowns

Why dumb op forgot to add actual Biblical scholars?

academia.edu/9407721/_Love_Covers_a_Multitude_of_Sins_Redemptive_Almsgiving_in_1_Peter_4_8_and_its_Early_Christian_Reception

Why did the Mods delete the other thread?

HERESY THE CHURCH FATHERS DESPISED CALVINISM

“For no other reason does God punish the sinner either in the present or future world, except because He knows that the sinner was able to conquer but neglected to gain the victory.” Recognitions of Clement of Rome. 111. 23, V. 8, IX. 30.

There is, therefore, nothing to hinder you from changing your evil manner of life, because you are a free man.
(Melito, 170 AD, 8.754)

· We were not created to die. Rather, we die by our own fault. Our free will has destroyed us. We who were free have become slaves. We have been sold through sin. Nothing evil has been created by God. We ourselves have manifested wickedness. But we, who have manifested it, are able again, to reject it.
(Tatian, 160 AD, 2.69)

Because you were in it

No idea

MAN HAS FREE WILL WHICH IS WHAT THE CHURCH FATHERS TAUGHT

I have proved in what has been said that those who were foreknown to be unrighteous, whether men or angels, are not made wicked by God’s fault. Rather, each man is what he will appear to be through his own fault.
(Justin Martyr, 160 AD, 1.269)
· He created both angels and men free to do that which is righteous. And He appointed periods of time during which He knew it would be good for them to have the exercise of free will.
(Justin Martyr, 160 AD, 1.250)
. We maintain that each man acts rightly or sins by his free choice….Since God in the beginning made the race of angels and men with free will, they will justly suffer in eternal fire the punishment of whatever sins they have committed.
(Justin Martyr, 160 AD, 1.190)
· We…have believed and are saved by voluntary choice.
(Clement of Alexandria, 195 AD, 2.217)
· Each one of us who sins with his own free will, chooses punishment. So the blame lies with him who chooses. God is without blame.
(Clement of Alexandria, 195 AD, 2.226)

We call this food Eucharist; and no one else is permitted to partake of it, except one who believes our teaching to be true and who has beenwashed in the washing which is for the remission of sins and for regeneration [Baptism], and is thereby living as Christ has enjoined. For not as common bread nor common drink do we receive these; but since Jesus Christ our Savior was made incarnate by the word of God and had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so too, as we have been taught, the food which has been made into the Eucharist by the Eucharistic prayer set down by Him, and by the change of which our blood and flesh is nourished, is both the flesh and the blood of that incarnated Jesus. [First Apology 66 (c. 151 AD)]

I know it's a wierd question but recently I've been feeling like the way I pray isn't the proper way.
So can someone post the proper way to pray? Obviously there should be nothing about Mary.

Stop trying to sucker people from this board into your suicidal ideology

NEVER CITING WHAT ELSE THEY SAID HUH?
LIKE THAT THERE IS FREE WILL.
MAN HAS FREE WILL HERETIC

· But man, being endowed with reason, and in this similar respect similar to God, having been made free in his will, and with power over himself, is himself his own cause that sometimes becomes wheat, and sometimes chaff.
(Irenaeus, 180 AD, 1.466)

· I find, then, that man was constituted free by God. He was master of his own will and power….Man is free, with a will either for obedience or resistance.
(Tertullian, 207 AD, 3.300, 301)

· Man is able to both will and not to will. He is endowed with power to do both.
(Hippolytus, 225 AD, 5.152)

· The liberty of believing or not believing is placed in free choice. In Deuteronomy, it says, ‘Look! I have set before your face life and death, good and evil. Choose for yourself life, that you may live.’”
(Cyprian, 250 AD, 5.547)

Man was made with a free will…on account of his capacity of obeying or disobeying God. For this was the meaning of the gift of free will.
(Methodius, 290 AD, 6.362)

The God Who Gives Life That Is Truly Life: Meritorious Almsgiving and the Divine Economy in 1 Timothy 6

Among the interpretative challenges offered by the final chapter of 1 Timo-thy, one literary and one theological question are especially resistant toeasy answers. First, how does the personal charge to Timothy in 6:11-16 re-late to its present literary context, particularly since the directives given toTimothy in verses 11-14,which are punctuated by a brief doxology in verses15-16, appear at first glance to interrupt the focused teachings on wealthfound in verses 6-10 and verses 17-19? Second, does the instruction to therich in verses 17-19, with its suggestion that the wealthy are able throughgenerous deeds to store up a treasury of credit from which funds can beused to purchase reward in the next life, contradict or stand in tensionwith the Pauline doctrine of justification by faith and not works?

This essay will suggest that the answers to these two questions are notonly related but also indiscernible without careful attention to the charac-ter and activity of God in the “theologizing” of 1 Timothy.
1 I shall arguethat all of 1 Timothy 6:6-19, including verses 11-16, represents discourseabout wealth, but this unified passage is also, at the same time, discourseabout the God who richly provides all things. In short, 1 Timothy 6 doespromote meritorious almsgiving: the rich in the present age are able to se-cure heavenly treasure through the “enjoyment” of their wealth, enjoy-ment that takes the form of generous sharing of material resources (vv. 17-19).

academia.edu/7548735/The_God_Who_Gives_Life_That_Is_Truly_Life_Meritorious_Almsgiving_and_the_Divine_Economy_in_1_Timothy_6

MAN HAS FREE WILL EDGELORD

Epiphanius: (310-403) ‘if ye be willing and obedient’; “whence, it is plainly manifest and indubitable, that God had granted to man free-will, so that it is in his power to do the good, or choose the evil. For if it be predestined that one man be good and another man evil, then the first is not deserving of praise or the other to be blamed.AgainstHeresies16 Isaiah

Basil the Great: (329-379) Why in short was it receptive to evil? Because it was endowed with free will, which is expecially appropriate for a nature endowed with reason. So the soul is freed of all constraints, and obtains from the Creator a life at its own discretion; and because it was made in God’s image, it understood the good and knows its joys, and has the possibility and power of maintaining its natural life by continuing to gaze on the good and to enjoy the life of the spirit. But it has also the possibility on occasion of abandoning the good. – God is not the author of Evil (Homily 9)

I thought about what I did for a while and I realised all I did was be mean to you when you were so nice to me. I didn't thought that I would make you cry. Please stop crying now

I'm trying to show them life through Jesus Christ

Step 1: Realize Christianity is a Jewish means of control
Step 2: Realize the christcuck threads on Sup Forums are created by shills
Step 3: Realize "gods word" is the hearsay of man and nothing but conjecture
Step 4: Be spritual, not religious. Focus on self betterment and self meditation. The spirit in the sky is bullshit and is not going to help you.

Spiritual: Being open minded about our consciousness and its connection to the wider universe; are we insignificant or just the universe experiencing itself. Do we really die? Are we really alive?

Religion: Believing a book written by a couple of lunatics 2 thousand years ago about the adventures of a schizophrenic and his stories of an invisible sky wizard who created everything

Spiritual: Being a human, wondering, building, dreaming

Religion: Cancer, war, money, mind control, pedophilia, death

Christianity is a jewish scourge upon the western world, and the root of hyper-empathetic liberal ideology. It glorifies weakness and submission while vilifying strength and self determination.

Christians have been duped by the unholiest hoax in all history, by so-called Jews. This is considered their most effective weapon.

This 'big lie' technique is brainwashing United States Christians into believing that Jesus Christ was "King of the Jews", in the sense that so-called 'Jews' today call themselves 'Jews'. This reference was first made in English translations of the Old and New Testaments, centuries before the so-called Jews highjacked the word 'Jew' in the 18th century A.D. to palm themselves off on the Christian world as having a kinship with Jesus Christ. This alleged kinship comes from the myth of their common ancestry with the so-called 'Jews' of the Holy Land in the Old Testament history, a fiction based on fable

AND YOU STOP USING SHITTY ART. EVERYBODFY FUCKING HAAATTEESS IT REEEEEE. FUCKING PROTESTANTS

Bump

The only life you have exists because of the tens of thousands of heroic ancestors who killed and died on the battlefield to make this world happen for you.

Christianity is an ideology of weakness. Therefore it is anti-life. The end result of Christianity is the rotting corpse of your decedents as they are dominated and eventually eliminated by stronger forces

Daily Communion

(1) Read scripture or Pray.

(2) Repent sins.

(3) Break Bread (The Body of Christ Jesus) in the Name of the Father Jehovah, in the Name of the Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth, in the Name of the Holy Spirit the Counselor.

(4) Read scripture or Pray.

(5) Drink Wine or Grape juice (The Blood of Jesus Christ) in the Name of the Father Jehovah, in the Name of the Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth, in the Name of the Holy Spirit the Counselor.

(6) Read scripture, Pray or Sing.

Hope this helps, God bless you.

shills entering here , meanwhile 5 israhell threads (obvious sliders)

>oh boy someone doesn't like talking about Jesus Christ

Oh user it's okay, it's the Internet. I'll pray for user.

Annie Vallotton is Catholic

It is not ok. I feel so wrong but I also feel that you should start fasting more to trim down that excess fat of yours

"Christianity is a Jewish means of control" is satanic drivel.
Christianity does not glorify weakness and submission.
CATHOLICISM IS THE TRUE RELIGION

You're not using the word, so we don't want to hear it. You expect answers from everyone while simultaneously ignoring them. Academia.whatever means shite all, leaf.

Ignore all non-geo flags

Hey, Christianfags, when will you start bombing abortion clinics again?

Thank you user, I've been only doing the 1) 2) all these days.

Why do you think I'm fat

>scholarship is bad
Stop reading the news for information
Stop trusting science
Stop trusting any breakthroughs

NOT USING DUTCH MASTERS

Are you? I know you are a girl

anyone have the screencap of the commie from earlier today?

I notice Christians from Canada are always off in some way. Some deny existence of Hell. Some insist on following the Mosaic covenant so they go and burn sacrifices on altars. Very strange group of people. There is a spirit of delusion over that country.

I'm not fat stop calling me fat, even If someone's fat don't call them fat it hurts them :( I used to be one

>Obviously there should be nothing about Mary.

This is anti-Catholic disinformation. You can pray and say the name of Mary, as long as you don't equate Mary or anyone else to the Holy Father himself.

But you are a girl right?

FUCKING VATICAN II NOT REAL CATHOLIC ART GET THE FUCK OUT.

When will you stop murdering babies?

Aborted Children in Heaven youtube.com/watch?v=XKPFqTahBoY

Mary K Baxter and Babies in Heaven youtube.com/watch?v=o6DDO06zkcA

My thoughts exactly

Disgusting. Stop bullying her

Is that not like almost the same thing? Personally I'm an agnostic.

Shut the fuck up you fat cunt.

Matthew 6:9-13 KJV
[9] After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. [10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. [11] Give us this day our daily bread. [12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. [13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. …

Matthew 6v9-13

I believe this was laid out as a format. Including thanks, repentance and acknowledgement of his greatness. Ultimately I believe God wishes to hear from you so your heart attitude may be "correct" regarding this matter. Also, beware of vain repetition such as the roman roman Catholics practice

God bless brother

>implying niggers are human

FUCKING WHITE KNIGHTS

GET THE HELL OFF MY BOARD. THIS ISN'T FOR FISH BUCKET PUSSY SUCKING DICKLESS CVCKS

Amen

>vain repetition
Funny this is practically Early Christian prayer

Presbyterian here. I'm considering seeking out the Catholic church. Can someone please give me the basic gestalt and tell me why this would be good/bad?

As Presbs., why do we only break bread once every month? I was just brought up Presbyterian, and my preacher is a fantastic speaker and great at relating the Bible to contemporary events. I do love him and appreciate what he does and I trust in God's Word. However, I find there's a deeper connection with Christ which I'm lacking. This could be due to my own negligence in other aspects of my devotion to God. I read the Bible daily, and pray semi-regularly, but I still feel there's something I'm missing - a closer connection of sorts.

tl;dr Crisis of denomination

And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings (Excerpt from the Book of Acts)

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, and there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Excerpt from the Book of Galatians)

OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN
HALLOWED BY THY NAME

How the fuck does he not cut anything with a machete?

You know Hell doesn't even exist? Not the way they believe it anyways.

I swear, these people seriously think their loved ones are in heaven right now when the effing bible itself makes it CLEAR as day what happens when we die, where we go...

It's a case of people allowing themselves to be taught something so important by people who are given power and status from other people. It's sad.

Because when the Eucharist become nothing more than a symbol, it becomes less relevant. This is why Protestantism is such a joke. It contradicts everything we know about the Bible, the early Christians and the Church Fathers

And for Calvinism, it contradicts reason

>Funny this is practically Early Christian prayer
It doesn't matter what "early Christians" did. We are to imitate Jesus Christ the Son of God who manifest in the flesh. This is why we read the Bible cover-to-cover in the Spirit.

>He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth
So Christians literally believe we're all equal now?

Obviously not true

>Stop reading the news for information
Yes CNN
>Stop trusting science
Yes unified science meme
>Stop trusting any breakthroughs
If it is a more unified version of science or news sure I don't trust it

Just accept the teaching of Jesus, repeal your sins and live a prosperous happy life. The towers will fall, if you watch it or not doesn't matter

In English when we wish to emphasize something we may use caps or exclamation points to highlight something. In Hebrew and other earlier, broader languages, they would repeat. "abba abba abba" could translate to the English "ABBA!!!".

The emphasis is on VAIN repetition.

Praying to Mary and asking for help is idolatry. Catholicism is disgusting now. Completely tainted. Enjoy the aesthetics! That's all they are. Pretty colours with pretty shapes for man to look at and admire.

Nothing to do with the Father.

Hell does exist, it's mentioned many times in the Bible. There are people who have seen Hell:

Bryan Melvin went to Hell and Back youtube.com/watch?v=5MPHGt9LmfA

Mary K Baxter Describes Horrors of Hell youtube.com/watch?v=I5gv-V9axtg

23 Minutes in Hell - Bill Wiese youtube.com/watch?v=RoYCUtIRP30

>He said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’” (Luke 16:31)

Maybe instead of looking for titles and sects to join, read the actual book and make a relationship with God, and walk with Jesus in your life.

I never said pray to Mary.
I replied to someone who said "obviously nothing about Mary" and said you can say her name.
Yes, that is idolatry.

Oh you want to understand the Bible? Well why don't you show any level of understanding it then?

I am the only one who shows Biblical Scholarship and it is from a Protestant

I am the only one who shows the Early Christians in their own words or from scholarship

No one does this but me

I am your God now

>practically using a Catholic defence

>YOU CAN'T MATCH MY BIBLICAL INTELLECT
>TIPS FEDORA

Read the Bible in its entirety cover-to-cover and see what God really has to say about this. By the way, evolution is a lie. We did not evolve from monkeys, we are all descended from Adam and later on Noah after the Flood. From Noah's three sons: Japeth was the ancestor of the Indo-Caucasoids, Ham was the ancestor of Africans and East Asians, and Shem ancestor of the Semite people Arab and Jews.

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiH9KLsutLUAhUkCMAKHXl4DWQQFggmMAA&url=http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0102.htm&usg=AFQjCNFeZ7TYk-xPO0LlFXbgtKsf-IBTqg

Is this idolatry?

This.

>evolution is a lie
>zero scientific reasoning or evidence presented

We get our "Bible scholarship" from the Holy Spirit the Counselor.

>evolution is a lie
holy fucking shit dude

>ALOHA SNACKBAR

And get nowhere but endless schisms

Just look at the Reformation

> CATHOLICISM IS THE TRUE RELIGION
For a filthy pagan.

You are disgusting misusing the name of the Lord in such a wayself righteous prick. Please accept Jesus and accept you are a sinner

Welcome to Sola Scriptura where reason is adbandoned for circular reasoning

HOW ABOUT REFORMING YOUR VIRGINITY?

Nope. Sheol exists. The pit exists. Hell as Catholics know it does NOT exist.

We do not go anywhere until the dead are raised, and all are judged before the Lord. That is when the seperatipn of the wheat and the tares will begin.

Sure, it exists physically as we speak. What I'm saying is that their idea of immediate descent into hell after death is entirely false. Jesus tells us we sleep when we die. Anything else is a deception from Satan, as the Lord purposely removed Himself from 'walking with man', and left the spirit so that man may choose between good and evil.

Our loved ones in Christ are NOT in heaven right now. We don't join Christ until His return. Those dead AND alive. Same with hell. God bless~

I am God compared to you

I know way more than any of you pathetic losers could stupidly listening to dumb pastors who themselves won't tell you what the Bible actually says

He is an ex Jesuit, they can not be concidered Christians

What kind of "loving god" would create this?

Christians BTFO!!!

Damn. That is the most curt and truthful comment I've read.

ah, sorry for the misunderstanding x

Paganism in the 2nd century,

Chapter 13. The funeral pile is erected

This, then, was carried into effect with greater speed than it was spoken, the multitudes immediately gathering together wood and fagots out of the shops and baths; the Jews especially, according to custom, eagerly assisting them in it. And when the funeral pile was ready, Polycarp, laying aside all his garments, and loosing his girdle, sought also to take off his sandals,— a thing he was not accustomed to do, inasmuch as every one of the faithful was always eager who should first touch his skin. For, on account of his holy life, he was, even before his martyrdom, adorned with every kind of good. Immediately then they surrounded him with those substances which had been prepared for the funeral pile. But when they were about also to fix him with nails, he said, Leave me as I am; for He that gives me strength to endure the fire, will also enable me, without your securing me by nails, to remain without moving in the pile.

I don't need to give you scientific reasoning because there isn't scientific evidence to back up evolution. Go visit the Smithsonian museum and look at those caveman exhibits. They're just props. They put those up there to push a viewpoint, there's no science or validity behind what they're pushing. It's a complete joke.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the water. (Genesis 1:1-2)

FAGGOTRY SAINTS GO ABOVE . PURGATORY IS IN SHEOL

Meanwhile....

Chapter 13. The funeral pile is erected

This, then, was carried into effect with greater speed than it was spoken, the multitudes immediately gathering together wood and fagots out of the shops and baths; the Jews especially, according to custom, eagerly assisting them in it. And when the funeral pile was ready, Polycarp, laying aside all his garments, and loosing his girdle, sought also to take off his sandals,— a thing he was not accustomed to do, inasmuch as every one of the faithful was always eager who should first touch his skin. For, on account of his holy life, he was, even before his martyrdom, adorned with every kind of good. Immediately then they surrounded him with those substances which had been prepared for the funeral pile. But when they were about also to fix him with nails, he said, Leave me as I am; for He that gives me strength to endure the fire, will also enable me, without your securing me by nails, to remain without moving in the pile.

Please just stop it, you are embarrassing yourself. Remember, you have been saved by Jesus on the cross, don't ask why, it makes no sens, it just is.

Ah okay, we can disagree on these technical things, and maybe you are right. As long as our focus is on Jesus Christ and preaching the Good News. God Bless you brother.

You dumb nigger, those remains are kept for studies and a cast is made to show you what they look like

They can't just supply every museum in the world with the actual remains

>no attempt to refute

>walk with Jesus in your life.
How about instead you Crusade with Jesus in your life.
Take back the fucking Holy Land already you limp wristed faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=7U9lVjZg-Kg

Someone who likes to laugh from time to time

>theological solipsism

Says the loser whose only 'argument' is "stop embarrassing yourself'

>WHO LOOK AT ME I HAVE CITATIONS YOU CANT MATCH ME I READ THINGS
MEANWHILE ELSEWHERE

ATHENAGORAS: (177 AD) “Just as with men, who have freedom of choice as to both virtue and vice, so it is among the angels…Some free agents, you will observe, such as they were created by God, continued in those things for which God had made and over which he had ordained them; but some outraged both the constitution of their nature and the government entrusted to them.” – A Plea for the Christians 24.

· For God made man free from the beginning, possessing his own power, even as he does his own soul, to obey the commandments of God voluntarily, and not by compulsion of God. For there is no coercion with God.
(Irenaeus, 180 AD, 1.518)

· Because man is possessed of free will from the beginning, and God is possessed of free will (in whose likeness man was created), advice is always given to him to hold fast to the good, which is done through obedience to God. God has preserved the will of man free and under his own control. This is not merely in works, but also in faith.

(Irenaeus, 180 AD, 1.519)
· Nor, again, does God exercise compulsion upon anyone unwilling to accept the exercise of His skill…. They have been created free agents and possessed of power over themselves.
(Irenaeus, 180 AD, 1.523)