Wow! Journalist John Oliver is getting sued by a coal CEO prick for "defamation"

Whether you agree with John Oliver impartial reporting or not, you surely can't support someones freedom of speech getting stifled over exposing a coal CEO abusing his employees and harming our environment.

We need to take a stand for freedom of the press at all costs. Hope Trump at least speaks out against it

youtube.com/watch?v=JrKLLmFnt30&t=4s

>slandering someone in the current year
SAGE

Why he hasn't been deported for in my opinion inciting violence and civil unrest in America yet, baffles me.

Fuck John Oliver.
Buck toothed sissy nigger cock sucker needs to die or go back to Muslimstan, UK

>Documented and video evidence
>Slander

He calls himself a journalist? He's a performance artist and a cringey one at that

Eat Shit and Die

Nah, he's a neoliberal. Let them die on the table for all I care.

You went a little too hard on the "I'm just pretending to be retarded" troll. Shills ARE dumb enough to be ok with you calling him a journolist, but everyone recognizes the bait when you mention impartial reporting.

Try again in an hour without it, and somewhere it will be pasted into a raid discord where they all cheer at a small victory in culture change here at Sup Forums

Well I guess if he is true press they can fact check him and he could retract any glass statements. If he is just an entertainer he is protected by free speech laws.

We'll see. I highly doubt he even mentioned the fact that Scrubbers exist and are legally required in the US, and that coal plants only exist as a byproduct of steel and alloyed metal creation. If you're making that shit anyways, harness energy from the process. Then use scrubbers to cut 90% of the pollutants from getting to the air.

So basically Sup Forums only cares about free speech when it's a conservative being oppressed?

>CEO abusing his employees and harming our environment
C I T A T I O N N E E D E D
I
T
A
T
I
O
N

N
E
E
D
E
D

defenging himself against evil leftist defamationa nd hate-speech
> is somehow 'bad' and 'a prick' for defending himself against the attack

leftism 2017

end leftism now = end tyranny, terrorism, racehate, genderhate and total intellectual hyperdegeneration.

leftism is the disease of the planet.
erradicate leftism NOW !

You can sue them for defamation. Remember Gawker?
>remember

Slader is not free speech

Best piece of news I heard all day. Fuck that limey panty waste.

Unfunny show, canned laughter, frantic idiot that's unfunny. Shoo shoo slimy limey. He grew old fast.

not for blatant libel m8

>Journalist
>John Oliver

Pick one.

This
Fuck him

Does somebody know if he's gay?

He's the literal cuck fag beta.

>but I'm just a comedy show

This is going to be one of the easiest defamation court cases ever. Hope John is ready to pay up.

>We need to take a stand for freedom of the press at all costs.
get a load of this last week tonight intern. fuck off, slimey limey.

Lol nope, not anymore libshit. There's free speech, and then there's fucking slander. I dont know if this piece constituted slander or not, but I sure as fuck don't oppose someone suing a journo if they feel they've been unfairly represented.

You faggots have been above the law with this for way too long, not anymore.

In what way is it slander?

neoliberal = Reagan and Thatcher

Oliver is just another progressive elitist who thinks he knows better what you should do with your money

The coal CEO is going to die of cancer before the trial is over and John Oliver's show basically ran a hit piece on him

I don't think anyone is under any illusions that Last Week Tonight is anything but a propaganda outlet.

Good, I hope he wins and this rat-faced faggot has to go back to England.

Why cant right wing have equal comedy outlets. Liberals laugh at conservatives every day with , Colber, Noah, Bee, SNL. Honestly they joke with a pretty good understanding of the issues. They just aren't funny. Why can't we have clever witty anti leftist comedy shows?

Get the fuck off this board

It triggers the right who lurk and post here

Badmouth the coal, pay the toll

He's free to speak and the CEO if free to try to SUE.

Who fucking cares about this? Fucking shill. Learn how to not be so fucking obvious.

You are free to say what you like,but that dosent meant it dosent come with repercussions

How can we help the CEO

>wants to talk about someones questionable actions publicly
>you're not allowed to if they send you a letter saying they don't want you to
How is the USA the land of the free again?

Is he an a fag or isn't he? I really can't tell

Good.
Fuck that faggot.
Don't defame the coal industry if you don't want to be sued for it.

This.
Nice numbers BTW.

(((Reasons)))

Good.
1st Amendment limits Government, not people getting defamed by liberal cunts.

>the press
he's a comedian, not the press. He's vulnerable to libel and slander just like anyone else.
That's some real tough shit for him, hope he loses his shirt, British faggot.

I'd like to think that, for most people, I could set aside my political beliefs to stand up for my ideals across the board.
John Oliver is such an insufferable faggot that aside from maybe him and his family being lynched in the streets, I'm happy to see him get fucked in any way possible.

have some general life advice: stop lying to yourself. Don't tolerate it.
Your life will get better

oh no watever will current year man do now?

in what way is it not? can you prove it's not? cause really, if you could then why would you even bring this up here, as Shitoliver would have a case then... but you can't because he has no leg to stand on.

Go fuck yourself you fucking shilly SHIT!

I can't wait to see this piece of shit BritCunt fucking fired and if possible hurled from some rooftop when the day of the rope comes around..!

>muh imaginary friend have feewings and can sue you in court
Don't do drugs, user.

>imaginary
It's real enough to sue the faggot.

Don't care. If it's mischaracterizing slander (it's John Oliver, of course it is) then libel laws will rape him and make him pregnant with a goat baby, and that'll be all there is to it. He's on his own.

>Shitoliver
That is slander

>Sup Forums manages to squeeze even more corporate dick into their already gaping assholes than ever thought before
What a surprise that no one here has any consistency or back bone. In what way was this libel?

#IStandWithTheCoalCEO

>civil suit
>muh freeze peach
Um that's not how it works sweetie

Slander is fine, libel is not. That is what he will be sued for no doubt. And if he mischaracterizes them and what the truth is, he will pay for it.

Holy fuck the burden of proof is on you. Pointing out faulty safety conditions that caused an accident is not slander you dense mongoloid.

Are you in my guilds discord?

You can call trump Drumpf and shit all you want, calling him a nazi and citing false quotes to give that impression is libel. Luckily for you faggots, politicians are exceptions. The coal industry isn't, and "shitoliver" is going to learn that the hard way

>millionaire, HBO, and Time Warner being sued
>w-why are you siding with corporations
85 IQ retard confirmed.

>your rights end where my feelings begin
Sup Forums is just right-wing SJW

>Spoken defamation is fine, written defamation is not

Retarded leaf

If he has something to report, he can leave it to non-fake news. Spewing a ton of bullshit and then crying over one normal news in a decade wont give him any of my support.

fuck that cunt. I hope his children get bone cancer.

>misinterpreting this hard and trying this hard to sound smart
Tfw burger doesn't know what libel is

If you're so sure that oliver is right then why not put it to the chest in the court of law?

what about calling him a neo-con globalist?

>you

like I am involved in this sweety :D, you are a god damned retard. You clearly can not tell who is a troll and who is not. Good day, faggot.

Oliver declared his sources, to back his accusations. You may try to refute his sources.

I stopped watching John Oliver when he lied about Hillary only accessing her email server from 1 device and didn't even mention she destroyed many of the 17 devices she actually used with hammers. He's a partisan hack.

>He claims to have gotten the idea for opening a mine from a talking squirrel!
>He intentionally collapsed a mine on his own workers!
>Yeah I got a cease and desist for lying about him and his company and hurting that company by doing it
>Misquoting half assed studies from hippies while ignoring any that go against my narrative
>But eat shit, gonna keep doing it! Not like he will live to see a court date

Why is a British comedian covering American news anyways? Lol. Like worry about the terrorists in England senpai.

Defamation isn't protected by freedom of speech. Now if John Oliver told the truth, freedom of speech will protect him. If john Oliver lies freedom of speech will not. Our system of civil liberties protects everyone, from John to the CEO.

No joke, let's see how this plays out.

Oliver's piece on coal wasn't centered on Trump, actually. He focused on the coal pusher that is now suing him.

Pol is literally coalburners now. Sad!

Seems like another potential gawker situation

No sorrow for liberal liars and fake news. I hope the worst befalls all of them and no I won't stand up for them on principle, they've gone too far, you don't defend your enemies.

>Misunderstanding freedom of speech this badly and thinking it means 100% of anything is absolutely free to say in any context as well

wew

Britbongs, why can't you take him back?

SUED

>>He claims to have gotten the idea for opening a mine from a talking squirrel!
>>He intentionally collapsed a mine on his own workers!
yeah and no one in their right mind would actually believe either of these statement
would be like suing the onion because of one of their silly stories

kikebook tier

I don't like John Oliver either but I support his freedom of speech.

I think all of you laughing at someone losing their freedom of speech should kindly fuck off back to redittttt

Good try Oliver

I stand with oliver on free speech on this issue but it is fun to watch him take shit for his big mouth.

The survival of Joel Olimur's influence in the US will lead to the end of free speech anyways, why the fuck should I care about some bong who has bigger gaps in his narrative than in his teeth?

I stand with jones on free speech on any issue but it is fun to watch him take shit for his big mouth.

>This entire thread
I love how nobody mentions the part where Oliver opens up on the fraud that is "muh coal jobs".

>Commit Slander
>Get sued
No sympathy. Democrats want to break the law? They can pay the toll.

>defending a foreign infiltrator
Not feeling it.

This is not a free speech issue, i watch every episode of that show and, while it started with some genuine good pieces of journalism dressed up as comedy he is dropped in both the comedic aspect and the research one. Right now i just watch it as propaganda. That piece (and many others) is full of half truths, omissions and even blatant lies. Honestly he deserved to be sued and stand for trial. If he can defend himself good for him, if not it means that he was wrong and slandering the coal guy. As simple as that.

Nice try share blue

Are you a complete fucking dipshit or do you not understand how law works? Anyone can bring a suit. That doesn't mean the judge won't throw it out at the first opportunity.
Just admit you're a white nigger.

>That piece (and many others) is full of half truths, omissions and even blatant lies.

Prove it.

>We need to take a stand for freedom of the press at all costs
says the communist faggot

>>your rights end where my feelings begin
>Sup Forums is just right-wing SJW
this.unironically();