70% of Millenials don't have a Bachelor's degree

70% of Millenials don't have a Bachelor's degree

Let that sink in.

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/pulse/why-so-many-millennials-dropping-out-college-jeff-selingo
politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/apr/08/rick-santorum/70-americans-dont-have-college-degree-rick-santoru/
professorconfess.blogspot.com.au/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I dropped out the first year, worked for a few years and been collecting autismbux for 3 years now.

Why should I give a shit?

And 90% don't have a lick of sense to them. What's your point? You're preaching to the choir here bud. Us millennials have shit for brains.

Yeah they just have 80K in debt and nothing to show for it because they "followed their dreams"

Who gives a fuck? like really?

66% of high school graduates attend some kind of college the year after.

Less than 1/3 actually finish their degree.

A HUGE portion have debt AND no degree.

That's the way it should be. Giving everyone qualifications makes them worthless

Then why are they still useless outside of a few concentrations?

Pulchritudinous

When everybody has a college degree, no one has a college degree.

That's actually pretty astonishing, considering that at least half of the people that I work with in a physical labour job are nearing completion or have completed their Bachelor's (a couple of them are working on their Master's). Also, every field seems to be flooded with people with a Bachelor's degree and employers continue to scream about labour or "talent" shortages, while recent grads can't get any experience because even "entry" level positions at most companies want 3+ years of experience.

Sources? When to people typically drop out of college/university?

This guy gets it

Bachelor's degree? I don't even have my GED. I'm not surprised at the number as anyone with a brain could figure out the risk reward when it comes to debt and the higher education institution racket.

Hopefully next life grants us reasonable tuition prices that aren't in the $10,000 range for a year for Community College in the current year

Because I work for a living. I learned multiple trades in construction, so why do I need a degree unless I'm going to be a fucking doctor?

>no degree
>IT job $40k
>net work $50k
could be worse senpai

linkedin.com/pulse/why-so-many-millennials-dropping-out-college-jeff-selingo

And the trend is the same for the country at large
politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/apr/08/rick-santorum/70-americans-dont-have-college-degree-rick-santoru/

90% of degree holders are functionally retarded children

Why is $80K in debt considered a big deal when you make $40K a year working a blue collar job?

There needs to be a bridge between what employers are realistically looking for and what institutions teach. The government was suppose to be that bridge but capitalism corrupts governments to secure profit motivs of proprietary knowledge.

If your going to crowd-source/fund an open-source government, you might as well not even call it a government at that point.

True. I fell for the college meme. Hasn't really payed off that well yet, but I went the hard STEM route.

I was CISCO certified in highschool, some days I wish I had just gone that route. But, the last time I was looking for work the degree did seem to help get me through HR filters.

Similar story here, I majored in a hard science.

Now I'm an ESL teacher.

Honestly, a lot of what employers want is satisfied through your average Bachelor's degree, whether its a BA or BS due to general education requirements.

>Writing
>Communication
>Presentations
>Math
>Collaboration
>Ability to learn and apply something

Even the barista bound degrees SHOULD be preferentially qualified for basic office work.

Because living expenses and monthly payments don't let people live the life they want to.

Well shit you could say that socializing on the internet is basic office work.

Cut the crap, the internet should be paying us to stay alive and happy.

I think I'd be happier fixing toilets or something other than working in a multikulti hellhole, handing out passwords to morons all fucking day

Sauce? That seems like an impossibly high percentage.

Yeah and I make bank without one. Remind me again why I have to have a $100,000 piece of paper that tells me I'm special?

Rick Santorum

You do realize trade schools count as "college" right? And some degrees are associates?

I don't disagree. The average person who spends a lot of time on the internet is probably smarter than the average, and would be more useful in an office. Also probably better with computers, MS Office suite / Excel etc

See

>70% of Millenials don't have a Bachelor's degree
They don't want to take a spot a nigger could have had

>131082106
And the degrees they get are absolute useless, i'm currently going and I see nothing but vacancy in the pursuits of the people who attend college.

That's me but I don't have the work experience for an office job no matter how many times I apply.

Maybe I'll become head chef at Five Guys one day.

While they probably do have those skills, they're missing the most important one for employment: lying. Something has to give when every """entry level""" position requires 4 years of relevant experience.

I have a bachelors degree of biology.

>mfw no job
>mfw turning 30 soon
>mfw my degree means nothing
>mfw no face

i get what you are trying to say but having a college degree isen't the same as being rich or fast. it is a thing you have or not, hence if everybody has a college degree, everybody has a degree, it just won't have mucht value

>70% of Millenials don't have a Bachelor's degree

The linkedin article states that by 30, 50% of women and 40% of men have a Bachelor's. The numbers are misleading, as in the paragraph before, the author states that "By age 29, fewer than one-third of Americans have earned a bachelor’s degree, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics."

I think that latter quote is referring to ALL Americans (not millennials), where as the 50% of women and 40% of men bit is much more focused at millennials.

the other 30% have Masters degrees and doctorates

>another millenials thread
Sage goes into all fields

Because these useless brainwashed faggots dont get actual blue collar jobs afterwards, because they barely exist. These retard get into 80k in debt, then go and work at a retail joint and make 30K a year. And guess what? They're not putting 30k each year towards their debt because thats impossible. So it just never ends. In fact, it grows because they're the type of irresponsible retards that get themselves into debt for absolutely nothing, so they keep spending money

Bachelor's degree OR higher

I feel for the meme and because I didn't get connections and shit it's really hard for me

and unemployment depression

ESL brother. It's time to see the world.

Colleges have become predatory businesses.

Yes. Take Asian cooking, woman studies, graphic design for 10000$ in tuition and books. It costs us nothing to teach and everyone wants to take it because its easy.

But its worthless.

>poor reading comprehension
Obviously you didn't even pass primary education

Only in shart land. College is affordable in the first world, believe it or not.

Yeah why are companies unwilling to train people now? I wouldn't mind a bit lower wage if it ment I enjoyed what I did and was able to train for it if need be but no they want perfect people that don't exist just so they can bitch about labor shortages so they can get more outsourcing.

>be a shitter
>get an aa
>think you know everything about the world
fuck millenials

aren't like 50% of them not old enough to even have one in a normal education course?

Sales degree is best degree.

>recent grads can't get any experience because even "entry" level positions at most companies want 3+ years of experience.
>tfw too experienced and educated to get a low end job to pay the bills
>not enough experience to get a real job
probably gonna end up blowing my brains out desu

Sell yourself user

I did molecular bio and went into business. You're qualified for a lot, just need to go an extra step or two.

If you can do bio you're good at learning period, go learn some stuff.

I'd suggest applying to data analyst positions and trying to specialize. Learn a programming language, brush up on statistics(I know you had to take stats), linear regression and the like.

I know a TON of straight business majors who can't get jobs either.

The economy never really recovered from the crash, we just entered a tech bubble.

There's no company/employee loyalty anymore, that ended in the 2008 recession when every employer realized they can underpay people with experience/degrees/etc.

Most jobs won't even give you a decent raise anymore. Every significant raise I got came from getting a new job.

Yet boomers love to shit on millenials for constantly switching jobs. Sorry that the world has changed and we all can't just get a job fresh out of highschool and just keep it for 40+ years anymore.

Source? Almost everyone I know has one.

No, Millenials are getting old user. I think the upper cut off is like 34-35 right now.

The kids entering college now are Gen Z

It's been posted multiple times in the thread

In this country, though, 50% of Millenials are non-white, O.P.

Are you the retard who posted yourself with an autist button over your Walmart associate jacket.

Jesus

How proud are you of working there

Further, I did research for a few years, and struggled when I got sick of it and started looking for a new job.

The problem was mainly in my resume I think, I didn't know how to sell my skills/experience well. I re-tooled my resume and got way more responses when I started hitting the HR buzzwords.

>you have automatically debts when studying

Hahahahah

>mfw at this point I'm just thinking about getting a Kinesiology degree
>mfw all these fags saying STEM is the only way to go

I might just be a personal trainer or a yoga instructor or something. I have already been training Jujutsu for 3 years. Something where I can work and improve myself would be nice. Something where I can live comfortably and be satisfied with my work. I'm sick of all the STEM hype train bull shit. Yeah, there are plenty of good STEM jobs out there. I just don't see the point in working so hard for it when I will probably just end up being miserable with my career.

Its not even about affordable for a lot of these tards. They go to school for YEARS more then they should be. They're trying to live out endless youth in funtime party college. Its not about higher education, its about overpriced fun.

Hell I once finally thought things were gonna go well and finally got a job and had a good first day training only to be laid off due to them suddenly not having enough budget to hire me. Maybe you could have fucking thought of this BEFORE you had the job ads you fucking assholes. Zero care from anyone so it's hard for me to care about things sometimes too you know?

Thanks for advice, burger user.
Working on my new resume then

why don't you take your high school equivalency test?

I seriously dissuade anyone from pursuing sciences that aren't tech related.

I mean, if it's a passion for you, fucking go for it bro. But, formal science jobs are rare and don't have a career ladder unless you go PhD.

Like I said earlier, even business degrees aren't that useful outside of niche concentrations, and even then you need to network and pursue internships through undergrad.

Don't fall for the memes where you are your job, no job=nobody. It's just not true. Take your time and lie your ass off about your relevant experience. By asking for 5 years of relevant experience for an entry level position, they WANT you to lie.

>professorconfess.blogspot.com.au/
>regularly read this guys blog
>lose hope in american education

jesus christ its fucked. An absolute shit show. Worse still he decscribes the changes he saw in the US decades ago beginning in the UK and usually here we arent far behind. We have the same student loan racket going on, its only a matter of time

What's the big deal? Only about 30% of people have college degrees anyway. It's just the numbers. Duh.

I got my Bsn in nursing. The first semester there were 175 people in my class. My graduating class had 24 people in it, i was the only guy. I graduated in 4 years but so many people today are taking more than 4 years to get their degree. Also theres a george carlin quote that i like. "Think of how dumb the average person is. Then realize half of them are dumber than that" College isnt for everybody.they have to stop pressuring so many people to go to it.

Serious question to the irish/swiss/canadians in here:

Are german industrial engineers welcome? Especially in Sales Engineering and Project management?
Want to get some work experience after my graduation

>Are german industrial engineers welcome? Especially in Sales Engineering and Project management?
>Want to get some work experience after my graduation
Why not just work in Germany? You have a fantastic car industry

>Are you the retard who posted yourself with an autist button over your Walmart associate jacket.

Yes. I need to cover the "proud Walmart associate" message as its bizarre that I need an article of clothing to display my loyalty to a multinational corporation.

>How proud are you of working there
I'm not, but it's the best paying job I'll ever have at $14/hr, though it's taken me over a decade to obtain said wage. Hopefully my posts are some sort of deterrent for those unsure and their lives see my posts, which should give them a Scared Straight moment.

I have no career goals or interests, money for college, and I'm already in my mid 30s where im too old to start from the absolute bittom without being laughable to HR reps. There's no reason for step one if you can't do anything for step 2.

>Lie

YES haha.

Just be fucking smart about it. Don't lie about shit they can easily verify like a degree.

Lie about volunteer experience, exaggerate duties or word them wisely.

Example:
>Volunteered at an animal shelter doing adoption paperwork
That should be something like
>Managed adoption logistics at an animal shelter

Odds are they won't fact check at all, and if they do, it's "Did user volunteer here?"

If you get caught in a lie prior to being hired, who gives a fuck? There's no 'resume liar' database.

And? Once i finished high school i was done being a robot slave. Now i shitpost and relax while normies stress about their place in society. Lmao.

Canada only accepts graduates from India and China over any other country so you can cross us off the list.

What you said about company/employee loyalty is so true it hurts. I too have been job hopping to make more money. I finally fell into the roofing business as a marketer making $25 an hour. I'm also about to start teaching martial arts to kids on the side. Most jobs out their screw you on pay and have barely any incentives to stick around other than basic benefits and a paycheck. It's getting scary out there. Too often I see people twice my age working retail making less than half of what I make.

Industry is dying slowly due to zero innovation and chinese learning process

Up north you're taxed 12k, living expenses are 18k, and you spend 3k on yourself (less than $10 per day), and emergencies eat another ~2k (medical, car, god forbid you take a vacation before 35). Our average wage isn't higher because we all make more, our average wage is higher because of all the tech centers. If you're not in tech you still make 40-50k, you just have to pay 150k for an 850 sqft condo in the suburbs.

You accumulate 5k per year, so that's 16 years before you can start saving up for a house or have kids.

>Retail

What I really feel bad for is the fact that in my job searches retail and similar are probably the majority of the job listings I see and yet at the same time retail stores right now are dying like a mother fucker. Yall should check out some dead mall videos.

I'm 21 year old authorized to work, illegal immigrant, failed 2 grades and graduated with a 1.5 GPA and landed a 37,000 dollar job in this city I moved to about a year and a half ago with a fuck ton of amazing benefits.. Let that fucking sink in Sup Forums and millennials.

That's bullshit I guess?

>less than 1/3 actually finish their degree

This is a joke right? What the fuck is wrong with these morons?

You figured life out user.

because american parents kick them out at 16 so saving is impossible

They're building new malls every year here in Florida as they are always busy.

What's the historical average? I think it's always been in the 30-35% range of adults that have bachelor degrees. Just because some think tanks and the media acted like suddenly everyone would graduate college, doesn't mean it was going to happen, or should happen.

If you don't absolutely have a goal, and mostly a goal in STEM, Law or Medicine, you really shouldn't go to college anyways.

Chinese just copy shit, I think you're fine. Also if I remember reading the german car industry did well in 2016 in terms of sale. I would stay in Europe if I were you, plus the Canadians have nothing to show in terms of efficiency (which is what Industrial E. do.) check out how they handled their 2016 Fort McMurray Wildfire

Yeah, I was in school for aerospace engineering before. I had a few deaths in the family one year and could no longer handle the work/school load so I dropped out. I'm really passionate about martial arts and self improvement. So, I would like to do something related to that. I'm just going to take a different route. I would like to travel the world and train in different fighting styles. I even considered professional fighting. More than anything I just want to live comfortably and get the most enjoyment I can out of this life. I don't think I could do that having to crunch numbers 40+ hours a week.

>tfw law in the UK

Nobody told me i'd have to be doing 70 hour weeks for ten years for mediocre pay.

>no tertiary education
>can barely write and read
>working as CEO of IT company
>3000euro monthly

Collegefags BTFO

theyre building the largest mall in Miami pretty soon. other stuff as well

Who Associates masterrace here?

That's another thing I've talked to a lot of my elders and peers about. Working for salary can be soul crushing. I don't want that life man. I gotta work for myself. That seems to be the true route to happiness in a career.

We still built way too many of them and a lot of retailers that were in malls are closing some or all of their stores so I find this interesting.

>I don't want that life man. I gotta work for myself. That seems to be the true route to happiness in a career.

Yeah that's my plan. Self-employment is literally god-tier.

That's mostly just a problem for us leafs

I think they're just building to spend it on something honestly.
>Build it
>Stimulate economy temporarily by hiring construction companies, workers etc.
>Use the mall as much as possible
>Stimulate the economy again by taking it down
Miami is doing well though, they're definitely looking to expand. We even have a stadium and soccer team coming here

That's BS
did you see what I did there