How old were you when you realized conservative policies are actually pretty shit-tier?

How old were you when you realized conservative policies are actually pretty shit-tier?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2012/07/04/opinion/the-downside-of-liberty.html
mises.org/library/myth-natural-monopoly
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that's not conservative that's Republican

learn the difference

you want to complain about state finances, look at Illinois

>muh cherry-picked strawman

fuck off

I'm only socially conservative, with economics I think unregulated capitalism is cancer and only does more harm than good.

This is No True Scotsman logical fallacy. GOP is hard right conservative.
Try again, maybe with an argument this time?

I used to, but then I grew up.

Conservative economic policy is cornered around the trickle-down economics, which just doesn't happen in the real world. Tax breaks are good for business, but the hyperwealthy aren't going to invest all of that money into the economy. They're going to hoard it and put it overseas in tax havens.

>GOP is hard right conservative.

not fiscally

>Try again, maybe with an argument this time?

Try to fucking think or back to plebbit, god damn retard

nytimes.com/2012/07/04/opinion/the-downside-of-liberty.html

>only taxing top earners 6%

How did these policies make economic growth "lag behind?" Was Kansas economic growth "lagging behind" before 2012? What was happening in the neighboring states at the time? What I see is correlation sophistry being paraded around as analysis.

*ahem
"Illinois"
*sips tea

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*breathes in*

>but the hyperwealthy aren't going to invest all of that money into the economy. They're going to hoard it and put it overseas in tax havens.

There's not enough hyperwealthy people for them to really count as part of the economy. Businesses and middle class folks can spend more money if the government takes less money away from them.

The problem with the left is they dick around saying we need to punish folks with Bill Gates level fortunes, but when the taxes go up those guys just shovel more money into their tax havens while the middle class and small/medium businesses take it up the ass.

t. retard fucking the little guy unintentionally

>oh boo hoo we have to get jobs now and stop bleeding the economy dry

Boo fucking hoo

Republican policies are a slow roast. Liberal policies are instant immolation. I'll take the slow roast.

>t. retard fucking the little guy unintentionally

So you think an unregulated economy helps the little guy?

the fun thing about policy changes is you don't know what would have happened without them.

yes.
mises.org/library/myth-natural-monopoly

how do the lower classes compete with mechanical labor? They get totally fucked
And without regulations, they'll get taken to the cleaners by these mega corporations and their multi-billion dollar advertising budgets

Yup. We need to be more pragmatic about tax cuts, tax increases, and so forth. Building your political identity around muh tax cuts or muh total state control of means of production is retarded. Different economic conditions call for different economic policies. There isn't some a priori free market or communist theory that has the solutions.

Conservatives fuck you one way and liberals fuck you another. Centrists are too indecisive and wishy washy to do anything useful. So it has been since the dawn of time.

>how do the lower classes compete with mechanical labor?
Cost-effectiveness. As machine cost-effectiveness trumps that of people, this opens opportunities for a machine maintenance/manufacturing/engineering etc. market. One common mistake people make is thinking it's going to be "1 person operating 100 machines" rather than "100 people operating 10,000 machines".
>And without regulations, they'll get taken to the cleaners by these mega corporations and their multi-billion dollar advertising budgets
Without regulations they have a significantly lower barrier of entry into the market and can operate at a higher efficiency due to having a much more lean structure to their business. The problem with running a mega-corp is that it's extremely difficult to adapt to new strategies and technologies. This is where smaller businesses can flourish and compete effectively.

To expand on the first point, efficiency in production leads to an increase in production which leads to a decrease in cost which leads to an increase in purchases. If you can produce a large supply at a low operating cost then you can increase your profits by selling more units at a lower cost per unit.

Tax cuts aren't going to fix everything numb nuts. If you have 100 problems and you address one, you can't go "oh shit that was a bad idea" when you "lag behind".

If the stat had imploded maybe you'd have an argument.

Kill yourself shill.

>Conservative economic policy is cornered around the trickle-down economics, which just doesn't happen in the real world.

That's because of globalism. The "trickle-down" went to China. Regardless, the main cause of Kansas' problems is their sales tax

How old are you when you realize that Sup Forums wants less government, more power to the states, less bloat and rot?

CAN YOU NOT FUCKING READ?

Number 1: spending is NOT equal to growth or to prosperity, and in many cases is inversely proportional.

Number 2: it does NOT follow that low taxes are to blame for budget shortfalls. In this case, the state government is to blame for lavish spending on unnecessary projects.

I didn't, because they aren't. Kansas's "problems" are minimal, meanwhile California is literally in the process of going bankrupt because Liberal policies involve spending money you don't have and assuming that you can always raise taxes more.

Kansas still has no problem with debt solvency. Kansas isn't the state that had to simply skip tax returns for an entire year. Kansas isn't about to go bankrupt.

The hyperwealthy horde all their money and put it in overseas tax havens BECAUSE the taxes are still too high to justify investing it in our economy, our corporate taxes are absurdly high.

is this bait?

12. Then as I matured I realized communism was orders of magnitude worse than shit-tier. As in, literal extinction-tier.

Here's another one. Notice a pattern? Kansas had to cut some civic society, but Kansas will still be a state in five years. Illinois, New York, California, they're spending more money than they're taking in, and their economic growth is simply not sufficient to keep up with the rate of expenditure.

These people, who can't even balance their own state budgets, claim that they should be in charge of the national economy.