What are you reading Sup Forums?

This is what I am reading for entertainment. I need some politically oriented suggestions. Evola?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Miracles-American-History-Amazing-Answered/dp/0982710194
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hobbes' Leviathan and Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit

Also

Was disappointed with Dune after hearing it hyped so much. It was alright, not bad. But it's not another LotR, for god's sake.

Comparing LotR to Dune is like comparing Nords to Italians "becuz they're both white bro"

stop it.

Just got the first dune book in the mail. Trying to hurry through Virus of the Mind, The science of the meme by Richard Brodie. Is Dune wurf? Is it redpilled?

I am going to read my own book again.

re-reading Hyperion by Dan Simmons. Pretty good sci-fi, if you like stuff like Dune.
who here old-fashioned paper book reader?

I liked the last three books better than the first three

I just finished Dune again a few days ago, I hadn't read it since middle school. It's pretty good.

God Emperor of Dune is the most red-pilled. It reads like a political philosophy text book, but the instructor is a 3500 year old worm-man who has the memories of his entire ancestral line.

I am.. except when I was stuck on a boat 4 months. Had to kindle my ass off.

this. dune is fucking batshit crazy.

The Keys of Enoch

>Just finished 'Band of Brothers'

>just starting 'Man in the High Castle'

The Old Man and the Sea

If you want something quick, simple, and not too deep, give The Moon is a Harsh Mistress a go. Have a copy:
ftp://121.17.126.74/data1/ts01/english/novel/batch001/20100511205526916.pdf

Dune is overrated as fuck. It's an entertaining read, but holy shit does it not live up to the hype. Starship Troopers is much better for your brain, imo.

Yah lots of guys don't get through the whole series - I loved the later installments even more than the early ones.

Dune is truly brilliant.

Not explicitly political but:

Antifragile
The Bed of Procrustes

Gave this a read pretty interesting look into a post nuclear world and some of the politics to go along with it. Def worth picking up

That was its reputation. It is explicitly marketed as being "the only peer to Tolkein in fantasy/sci fi"

"fremen"
"lasgun"

>-,-

Anything by Michel Houellebecq.

Clash of Civilizations by Huntington - I'm surprised how many people haven't actually read it.

'10,000 Year Explosion' by Greg Cochran, 'Blank Slate' by Steven Pinker, and 'Race: A Troublesome Inheritance' by Nicholas Wade are all pretty mild redpills/entry points for the HBD question.

Read this, it's much better than that Muslims in space bullshit

heinlein is based af tbph

I'll 2nd this

Kinda reading them all at once.

It's one of my favorite series, but Chapterhouse gets a little to out there even for someone as into those books as me.

Also fuck Brian Herbert

>canticle for liebowitz
>book of the new sun
two great books, i am the only person i know irl who has read them.
book of the new sun is one of my top reads of all time. might read it again some time.
>mfw i actually bought 'lexicon urthus' a dictionary specifically for book of the new sun

>using emoticons on Sup Forums
Get the fuck out of here, reddit.

>book of the new sun
10/10 taste

Culture of Critique by Kevin MacDonald, everything falls into place as you read this.

Currently reading:
Free Men, Free Women - Camille Paglia
Rules for Radicals - Saul Alinsky

I'm reading Clash as well. Very informative and I feel like I'm reading about current events today.
This guy is based

Finally got around to read 1984 and its pretty good up to where I am atleast

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is a fun read, too. I've heard some interesting things about the topics Heinlein wrote about across his books, notably about the differing political concepts between his better-known novels.
In essence, the idea is that he was exploring different extremes of political thought. Starship Troopers was his exploration of conservatism. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress was his exploration of Libertarianism. And Stranger in a Strange Land was his exploration of communism.

>I bought the lexicon
Nigga you bought the book? Was it helpful/cool? I remember spending ages back in the pre internet days trying to figure out certain words

1984 is a pretty terrifying book imho. not even because of the 'big brother is watching you' stuff, but the way the language is stripped bare and people can't even think about rebellion let alone act it out.
1984, Brave New World and Fahrenheit 451, the Great Prophetic Trilogy as I like to call them.

it is a really helpful book. wolfe uses so many obscure and extinct words (but none invented) i would say it's essential tbph.

What is the more red pilled book in economics?

Oh absolutely, it never occurred to me before that language was this important

Brave New World was astoundingly insightful

Based
I've read the first two of that unholy tyrannical trinity

Industrial Society and its Future

>Evola
Don't bother.

Go for pic related instead and receive the ultimate redpill about everything.

I enjoyed Dune quite a bit. Its a good combination of fantasy and science, the movie was god awful though.

Dunes strongest point is its incorporation of ecology and, to a lesser degree, metabolism/physiology. It also predicted technologies present today. My only real beef is its ending, a little rushed for me

>overall, good book
>9-9.5/10

EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ GOONANS WORK AND GET INVOLVED IN THE FOUNDATION

Looking for good fiction recommendations, anons. Preferably something in the same vein as ASOIF except not so gay and horrible

I just finished pic related. It's like a 19th century greentext story from a butthurt /r9k/ autist who cannot into social interaction, but still thinks he's better than all the normies around him.

>Evola
if you want a bunch of weird shit about Hinduism sure

An actual starting point is "The Decline of the West" by Oswald Spengler

but if you still want esoteric stuff read Rene Guénon instead of Evola

>not so gay
It's pretty edgy but still good readin

Nigger pls

>Sup Forums reading comprehension

I think that the most important aspect of 1984 is the destruction of the family unit. I am currently only a third of the way through it but that is what sticks out the most to me. Other than that I believe that Brave New World was far more insightful.

I am going to likely finish 1984 this weekend but so far I think Huxley was more accurate than Orwell.

I will be reading this after my next read of The Prince.

if anybody hasn't read Fahrenheit 451, it is arguably the most prophetic of the three books.
in a nutshell, a dystopian society where books deemed offensive, for any reason are burned

Forever war - joe haldman
Starship troopers - heinlein
brave new world - huxley
animal farm/1984 - orwell

You're welcome

Starship troopers isn't even heinleins best work. Kys

Looked whatever the fuck this is up. Main characters named
>cheradenine zakalwe
>diziet sma
>skaffen-amtiskaw
Why the fuck does every character sound like a bull dykes wet dream?

I love the Culture novels (best AI characters in fiction), but to compare them to Book of the New Sun is utterly ludicrous.

What? That's basically what the story is. A frustrated social outcast waxing philosophical about the human condition through an anecdote involving him awkwardly interacting with others.

Half the posts on /r9k/ are like that.

>gravitas jokes

fyi, the culture novels don't feature any humans (at least not from earth) so you won't find any normal names or references in them at all

Didn't say it was but its definitely the most political

Read that in the 8th grade and while we read my teacher drew comparisons to modern society and was constantly making the argument that we were rapidly approaching that dystopia. And that was 2008. Damn he was based for an 8th grade english teacher.

/thread
KJV only

The unabridged original English translation is by far the best.

sage

Will check it out, thanks user

Its an assault on rational egoism and nihilism by revealing the darker side of man thag desires destruction and negative consequences to justify his individuality. Its a brilliant philosophical manuscript delivered in an entertaining story. I'd recommend reading the wikipedia on it; Wikipedia actually does a decent job with breaking down Doestoevsky.
t. Philosophyfag

did i mention some of the best ship names too
>No More Mr Nice Guy
>Just Read The Instructions
>Kiss My Ass
>Big Sexy Beast
>Funny, It Worked Last Time
>Anticipation Of A New Lover's Arrival, The
>Attitude Adjuster
>Frank Exchange Of Views
>All Through With This Niceness And Negotiation Stuff

So the books are about culture or is that just what we're calling the series I'm confused?

Dunno.. time enough for love is pretty thick on politics, as is I will hear no evil...

yeah everyone's a fucking autist you annoying prick

evola is GREAT! read yockey's imperium, its an unofficial sequel to the decline of the west with a humorous bent. at least i find yockey to be very funny

>Mistake Not

>meat fucker

the novels depict a vast space-faring civilization known as 'the Culture'
it's a kind of post-scarcity, hyper advanced anarchist society 'managed' by artificial intelligences

There is only one correct answer. When you finish it, read it again.

Just finished the Quran. Gonna read the Mahabharata next.

>"I don't believe a word of it," Wyoh added.
>"We've got Mike and we're going to win! Mike dear, you say we're going to fight Terra--and Mannie says that's one battle we can't win. You have some idea of how we can win, or you wouldn't have given us even one chance in seven. So what is it?"
>"Throw rocks at them," Mike answered.

>not posting time enough for love
fucking peasant

If you have not read Kevin MacDonald's trilogy, do it. At a minimum read Culture of Critique.

Not in the most narrow contemporary sense. Still worth reading, particularly re: the exploration of being in history as it happens and attempting to impact its course, also the weighing of committing atrocities now against the possibility of future total extinction (and the questioning of one's own prescience/judgement that comes with that).

Fiction= The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. Non-fiction= A History of Private Life: From Pagan Rome to Byzantium.

i just finished some pop history: Empires of the Sea by Roger Crowley (pic related) and a fun historical novel: The Burnished Blade by Lawrence Schoonover

The bear went over the mountain.

Good read.

Just finish Stephensons diamond age, but pic related is a must read

>john c wright

nice

Best book on
success, discipline, "how to get things" done?
My list have
Dale Carnegie. Anything better?

re reading this one.

I'm about to finish Kurt Schlichter's first book about a post-split America. Hardly great literature, but it shits all over contemporary liberals for three hundred straight pages, so it's got that going for it.

bretty good

amazon.com/Miracles-American-History-Amazing-Answered/dp/0982710194

loaned it 2 my father, so im w8ing til he's done; so im reading blogs, the bible and other simple stuff in the mean time..... this is the only book i wana read atm

kino

Why not bother with Evola?

After Europe create A.I. and it run out of control
it's time for muslim to do the butlerian jihad and then the DUNE novel will come true

all his stuff is online so i read it on my phone

>he doesnt ride the tiger
>he doesnt reeeee against the modern world
shiggy diggy niggy

Im 250 pages in. Really good.