Why doesn't Sup Forums read books?

Seriously, you can benefit a ton from reading. There is no good reason to not read, unless you are working full fucking time and raising 5 kids.

Other urls found in this thread:

freedomproject.com/the-newman-report/242-six-baltimore-schools-can-t-produce-a-single-student-proficient-in-english-math
archive.org/details/TheUndergroundHistoryOfAmericanEducation_758
sacred-texts.com/index.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=Ho7PPR93XJk
youtube.com/watch?v=CqGsg01ycpk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reading is for faggots

Link me a book

Give me a topic you're interested in. What do you want to read? If I don't have a pdf I'll give you a recommendation if the subject is in my library

Nietzsche or Stirner or something along those lines

Books and reading are basically irrelevant in this day and age, I'm sorry but it's absolutely true.

Anyone who kicks and screams about that fact is deluded.

go through jordan peterson's reading list if you're looking for something to read

Here read this

>unless you are working full fucking time and raising 5 kids
this still isn't an excuse not to read
i'm currently reading blood meridian for the second time

I've never been interested in nihilism, or forced to read it for school. But if you're interested in Philosophy, I'd recommend anything by Plato. Aristotle is also worth reading if you're really interested, but denser and more time consuming. If you want something more modern and less well known, I'd recommend reading something by Prabhupada, or J. Krishnamurti

kek

t. unskilled laborer

That other thread only survived page ten because I bumped it, and then made this thread in frustration.

Who needs books when you have all of the graphs and tweets you'll ever need at your fingertips? Sup Forums is about rhetoric and oneupmanship, they don't actually care about the history, aesthetics, or criticisms of their ideologies.

GOONAN IS THE ONLY PATH YOU FUCKING SHUT IN REJECTED KEKS

hey Sean

pol regularly has book threads tho, relax

Why? Because I am a nigger from Baltimore.

freedomproject.com/the-newman-report/242-six-baltimore-schools-can-t-produce-a-single-student-proficient-in-english-math

If you don't read, don't have five kids ffs.

he influenced Nazi intellectuals with his idea of the ubermensch

archive.org/details/TheUndergroundHistoryOfAmericanEducation_758

John Taylor Gatto is a former New York public schoolteacher who taught for thirty years and won multiple awards for his teaching. However, constant harassment by unhelpful administrations plus his own frustrations with what he came to realize were the inherent systemic deficiencies of our `public' schools led him to resign; he now is a school-choice activist who writes and speaks against our compulsory, government-run school system.

In the final analysis, Gatto believes that compulsory, government-run schooling is inherently destructive to true education, the cultivation of self-reliance, and indeed to individualism - which used to be a defining element of the American character. The true purpose of our public school system in reality has more to do with control than it does with learning. This does not mean that rank-and-file teachers, principals, and even superintendents believe they are making students dumber, more conformist, less self-reliant, less capable of genuine analytical, independent thought, and more easily controlled; most people involved in the system no doubt believe that they are trying their best to really teach their students. However, the system itself (which Gatto often characterizes as a complex web) ensures that its real purpose is served, despite the efforts of individual reformers within it - that true democracy is rendered unworkable even as the trappings of democracy are allegedly bolstered.

Based

Here ya go!
sacred-texts.com/index.htm

I blame the the decadent society. What good are schools when most kids dont care about learning?!

>There is no good reason to not read

I read a lot, so at this point I like to think I understand a bit about a wide array of topics. At the same time, upon leaving the world of theses and constructed arguments I realize that all the understanding in the world can not ease a mind that feels profoundly alienated from it.

I read about political philosophy, without ever engaging in policy making or debates with tangible consequences. I read about history while lamenting the fact that history is largely ignored by the masses. I read about economics and realize neither politicians or their constituents want to live in a world of scarcity.

I mostly feel like I'm read voraciously to fill a gaping void.

You've got that backwards "school" makes kids not want to learn.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ho7PPR93XJk

Watch this from the 21:15-25:10 for a quick rundown. Most of the Prussian school system, ~94%, is geared towards dumbing the population down into lever pullers. America had the Prussian system of K-12 forced down it's throat.

Just listened to an audiobook of Plato's Republic. Wow holy shit, it's all there. Feminism(teach women like men, but give them a lighter load), multiculturalism(noble lie), various class structures of society(bronze,iron,silver gold. Spirited, wise, profit motivated). Give it listen if you have some time to kill. Lays out the foundations of most societies and admits those concepts are even older than the Greeks.

youtube.com/watch?v=CqGsg01ycpk

There are good versions of The Peloponnesian War, and Epic of Gilgamesh on youtube as well.

You are a shill for private for profit schools.

My eyes are shit at reading books and I have a short attention span.

I'm a shill for homeschooling. IDK shit about the private, or charter school systems. I hear private is good if you like the religion they preach.

Download audiobooks and listen to them in your car, or at work.