Was the US ever close to siding with the Axis powers in WWII?

Just curious

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0gU9op16rjQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never

Was FDR? Not remotely.

Was the populace? Absolutely. At the time, there were still newspapers published in German. The (((propaganda))) for the (((holocaust))) started almost as soon as the UK and France declared war on Germany.

Also worth noting that this same kind of propaganda was used by the UK to bring the US into WWI, and even at that he barely did it.

The populace was split between joining Austria-Hungary/Germany or the UK/France.

in world war 1 there was some doubt, but in WW2 it was just a question of when they would join the allies.

No, FDR was a crypto jew and he was surrounded by jews. Sadly there is no way we would have ever fought on the right side.

too close

The citizens of America thought Hitler's was alright and just doing shit in his country that we didn't care about
Our propaganda to hate him didn't start till way later

I had no idea there were newspapers in German. It makes sense, though. I'm gonna read up on that.

I figured propaganda played a huge role. I'm watching a documentary at the moment and it mentioned how anti-war America was early on. They even showed clips of old interviews and advertisements.

Yea, the Germans was the US's first case of the Mexicans

no

I've read a lot about that and know that it's true, but it still cracks me up how many WWII documentaries leave those types of details out.

>americans don't know shit about history
How typical. America always was the stronghold of the jewish banking cabal. What do you think?

I knew they were anti-war early on that Jewish propaganda influenced the public opinion but I wasn't sure if there was ever a point where the US leaning towards the other side.

The meme is that the rich were internationalist, and wanted to intervene against hitler, but didn't support FDR.

The poor were isolationist, having sent doughboys to the war to end all wars, and were pro FDR.

Public opinion on Germans was split. They were both on the "best immigrants" AND the "worst immigrants" poll lists. Itallians dominated the "worst immigrants" list.

So in the same poll, the number of people who were anti war , and didn't want to intervene in a England/france vs axis war was about 85 percent.

They never actually polled supporting Germany with direct armed support, but at no point would it have ever been higher than supporting England/France.

Slow down now, Shlomo. You gotta walk this out a little to make it believable.

Look up Ezra Pound.

probably meant it was the second case of the Irish

the national language was almost German it's been so prevalent up until ww2 where Germans were scared/ashamed to be German and have sided with the wrong side of history

Yes. Two of the main targets of the Allied airforce when the were closing in on Berlin were a Ford factory and GM factory. Henry Ford recieved the highest civilian honor from the nazis. Look up Prescott Bush.

Here's a video from a huge nazi rally in Madison Square Garden.

youtube.com/watch?v=0gU9op16rjQ

I hope that wasn't to many red pills all at once. I could have kept going.

No, FDR was a commie at heart and admired Stalin more than Churchill.

lmfao at this manlet.
he's not even 68 inches.

>168
fucking manlets

My grandfather fought in WW2. They sent him and his brother to the pacific theatre, he says because his name was German they didn't want him to sympathize with the Germans, it was quite common even (especially) among American soldiers.
To this day when he talks about Hitler he doesn't give a damn about the holocaust because when he was young the myth wasn't very widespread. He retains that Hitler was an excellent leader and just got a little mad with power towards the end and was too restrictive and too militarily aggressive (he says in simpler terms, he's very elderly.)

So there's one case who implies he wished we'd fought on the other side. I know it's anecdotal but society tended to be much more in agreement on those sorts of things back then, so it's something.

That is such a moronic and wrong retelling of history I want to slap you.

The Nazis were a considerable voting block. A vast minority in the US, but they were a thing. The party started gaining steam in the 20s and hit its heyday in the 30s, but by 1936 the party had largely lost support as Hitler was looking like a warmonger to the American public. Nazi support dwindled and even became outright unpopular by 1938, the invasion of Poland just sealed the deal.

The Germanic Americans largely integrated in WW1, by WW2 they were still Germanic sure, but it was really the Great War that saved the US from becoming Greater Germany. That's when they renamed all the Germanic food that was becoming popular due to the massive German migration, when most decided to learn English instead of just speaking German, when most who hadn't already changed their names to more American stuff like John or Peter instead of Hans and Gretel.

My God.
All these "what if's" and "could have been's" are making me feel sort of sad.
At least I'm reminded that that fire exists in America just as in Germany. We have the potential.