Why do millennials hate HOA?

Why do millennials hate HOA?

They can't afford to pay for it.

What.

Hand Osteoarthritis is redpilled

This.

The fuck are you talking about OP?

Does anyone like HOAs? An overpriced bureaucratic agency where you have to follow stupid rules. Nice flag

my money's on Horn of Africa

Because the think it's the bee's knees to live in the nasty inner city.

My subdivision has nearly 2000 houses and mine is $60 a month. They are making a fuckload of money. The golf course is pretty shit, but the pools and stables are ok. Hate paying that shit

The top one.

HOA is shit because it allows your neighbors to tell you what you can do with your own property. Wanna build a tree house for your kids? You can't cus your faggot neighbor two blocks down thinks it is an eyesore and will bring property values down.

More than two cars in your driveway? Get fined.

Go on vacation and the grass grew a little too high? Get fined.

If you don't ever want to do anything on your own property and spend your jewbux on (((insurance))) for the neutral grounds in the community go right ahead. I'm happier without.

so why do they hate the horn of africa? racism?

houses cost a lot of money and ill be damned if some bored fat housewife tell me what to fucking do with my house. In theory its great in practice its a bunch of bored losers on power trips.

Depends on the kind of HOA and how expensive it is. Here's a description of the worst kind
>Paying $1000+/month mortgage
>Responsible for all upkeep of lawns
>Can only plant specific plants
>No lawn decorations, flags, or signs
>House can only be one of 6 colors
>Need permission from HoA to build or install new structures or additions
>Leaders of the HOA are insufferable, unwavering pricks that treat the neighborhood like their personal kingdom
>Pay $500/month in perpetuity for the privilege of living there

lol even the HOA in the country club here is only $250.

Most neighborhoods are 60-80 but paying to throw away your freedom is some medieval bullshit.

>Not being part of a negro repellent association

It's easy to follow the rules if you've got the correct amount of melanin. Or do you want to live an in integrated community free from hate and resale value?

>Yet another shitty millenials thread
Sage this garbage everywhere you see it lads

I've got 20 dollars on Op's HOA is the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

i want to impregnate that Swiss Miss

Because they're all fat and retarded and have nothing better to do than to tell me I'm planting the wrong color tulips on my front yard. On top of that, I can't build a fucking swimming pool in my back yard because it's not aesthetically pleasing and old Deloris across the way might start complaining.

>build a tree house for your kids
I hate HOAs but they serve a purpose. Otherwise, every neighborhood would have that one house where the crazy owner decided to build a wall around his property out of used tires.

Because I'm a redneck. My beat up pickup will stay in my yard. I bought my home just out of an hoa. The house behind me has to pay, my street don't. All the benefits without the rules. In that hoa just mowing your grass isn't enough. It had to be well maintained and mostly green with bare spots requiring irrigation and correction via sod, seeding or some other bs

Wow that's retarded. The whole point of buying a house is to be the master of your own domain. There are appartments with lots of space and your own garage and parking space and backyard and cellar, but you never have real freedom as you share a building with other people.

Why buy a house and then still hand those freedoms over

Don't live in Broke Redneck Estates and you won't have this issue. Your example stops happening in the $160k+ housing bracket. You can buy that on the income of pizza delivery.

Obligatory post.

steveo was a way better millennials meme man

it drastically fucks up the ability to improve the community without bureacracy

my HOA in laguna beach wants to add a fucking olympic size sqimming pool and build a multimillion dollare gate/guard house. im already paying property taxes of hundreds of thousands just to see the fucking ocean, why do I want more money out of my poxket?

because HOAs are shit.

I hate a lot of the rules for most but I can see how they can good. Abused to hell by old people though so fuck HOA

They are mostly ruled over by boomers.

>can't water lawn due to water restrictions
>grass dies
>get fined or threatened with legal action

>remove tree from your yard
>you need 3 trees though faggot

>you missed one section of edging

>your cookie cutter house isn't cookie enough
> get fined or threatened with legal action

>anything they see that isn't correctly in place

>trashcan on street a little too long

>cars in driveway or on road

Boomers are the HOA. They are cancer. Literally some old 80 year old sweatsuit wearing granny walking her dog with a notepad to complain. Threatened them with legal action before and they relaxed a little.

They told me to remove the tree too. Money out of my pocket to be "up to code" then 3 months later they said I needed another tree. Fuck.. (((them)))

t North Austin fag in suburbs

I don't hate them. I see them as a necessary evil to keep the trash away and they have to be strict and firm otherwise people wont obey them.

They're tyrannical old people though

>can't take it any more
>burn down the neighborhood
>storm the house of the head of the HoA
>blow their skull across the room with a shotgun
>turn gun on self
>peace at last

Then buy a house that isn't in a HOA development? Nobody's forcing you.
>inb4 but I want to live in that house over there, just get rid of the stupid HOA
>now you're the one telling your neighbors what to do

because you foremost never own your property. stop paying taxes and see how quickly it's taken from you with any money you invested/paid for the property being completely forfeited. then you have to deal with local ordinances, where depending on the area might be so strict that they'll even require you to get a permit if you want to change a door. so to agree to on top of all that have a group of shitheels that dictate what color and type that door has to be is pure retardation, and if you don't listen to them they can fine you, then put a lien on your property and take it away from you.

1 post by this ID
/thread

Most of them are republics afaik

I dont know what HOA is but Id really like them to ban this fucking faggot who keeps posting this one girl and why do millennials do X

So? Most old people with power abuse it.

If you own the land can't you just tell the HoA to get fucked and do what you want?

Yeah I hate hoa, if I already paid for the condo why the fuck am I still paying money

Kek I walk through a driveway to go home and some bitch with a dog gave me shit because it was 'private property'

It just sounds like entitled cunts who think anything they own is paved in gold

poople like it tho.we like the freedom but they love the peace of mind. it is a great thing to have if you have a 2 year old or a dog

no, by buying in a HOA area you agree to follow their rules at closing. they can fine you, and if you don't pay the fines they can put a lien on your property and have it taken away from you.

Top tioer kikery right there, fuck having any kind of system like that.

Now tell me that she's not asking to be raped.

Shit, I raided with them in EQ like 16 years ago. Some good folks.

this. great in theory, garbage in practice
>have to get written permission to plant a bush

I've seen worse.
>wrong color flowers in your front yard, get fined.
>the roof of that tiny shed you built in your backyard to put your lawnmower in is slightly visable from the street, get fined.
>we only allow bronze colored window tint on homes, you installed carbon, get fined.
>that 1964 Chevy truck you bought needs a paint job AND is more than 10 years old, get fined twice.

Hire an editor.

down the street from me it's $3k/yr

The HOA I live in charges more than 3k a year and offers nothing I use or want as a benefit. It's a scam.

Nothing says slavery like home ownership. Get with the times.

It is the exact opposite of freedom:
>You own a mortgage, not a home
>you are subject to far more liabilities
>you have to fix everything/account for every problem in the house... plumbing, roofing, electrical, misc. appliances, paint, upkeep, cleaning, neighbors, safety, cable, utilities
>you are now at the whim of local government taxes
>the government can seize your house under certain situations
>surprise! the local government taxes will only go up
>If you aren't careful, you lose everything
>the economy can flip and you can't make payments on the house you """own"""
>it can probably be taken by an ex lover, for whatever reason
>the neighborhood can change within 5 years
>literally a slew of other problems can come up and you are fucked

Nomadism is the new normal. You don't own your home, the government does.

THAT and the prices are so fucking absurd you might as well just pay rent. On a $300k home, even with $100k down on current rates + taxes you are looking at around $1500 a month in payments. Wow... why fucking bother!? Millennials are also inconsistent as fuck, do you honestly think they can stay anywhere longer than 3-4 years? Get fucking real.

Home ""ownership"" is the ultimate goy scam, and you have to be a fool not to realize it.

A new bubble is here. I saw a 1% down payment home offer three days ago. LOL? New construction is fucking everywhere. I swear to god the only people driving this ""surge"" are leasing agents, dumb males who refuse to listen to logic (and only listen to their dumb wives), and women on government/student loans anyway.

I would never own a home with a HOA. But run properly then can keep the value up in a neighborhood. I prefer to live in a place without a bunch of bums and if a neighbors yard looks like shit, I offer to help. Hell my one retired neighbor brings in my trash cans from the curb for me.

>t. poor person who never bought a house in cash

>now you're the one telling your neighbors what to do
...you dont understand logic, do you? bet you think net neutrality is "government meddling with the internet"

why don't some of you faggots retaliate by planting bushes and painting shit of your neighbors in the dead of night and have them deal with their fines

>actually she's that Alsatian Temptation

>No flags

FUCKING KIKE COMMUNIGGERS.

Everyone hates HOA. stupid old fucks that tell you what color your mailbox has to be or how many tomato plants you can have in your garden. Always cutting down trees too. Fuck them.

fuck the horn of africa, thinking theyre so smart n shit

I hated my HOA until I recently sold a house I owned for six years and made a $150,000 profit. Without the HOA, one of my neighbors would have made it very difficult to sell the house. She's the kind of inconsiderate neighbor who needs an HOA constantly threatening her or she wouldn't even do basic upkeep of her house and yard.

if the OP is referring to Home Owners Associations in this slide thread that is Sup Forums tier...

The original purpose of any HOA is to prevent by force lazy fucks who will park derelict cars, have shitty lawns, and leave their houses looking like trash, devaluing the other houses in the neighborhood.

The reality is many HOA's go full nazi mode, which is the result of having absolute power on any level...always....and end up fining homeowners who plant low water grass in drought zones and or fine people with the required high water grass but dont water the lawn due to drought restrictions...or want you to go through a rigorous approval process for minor repairs and landscaping changes.

The monthly fee is typically used to support HOA amenities and communal area care like fancy landscaping on medians going through the HOA subdivision ect.

I live in a HOA area. They tell me when my fence needs to be painted or repaired (like i knew a plank was loose and was saving to replace the whole thing but no i had to repair then paint then replace, and it took 2 weeks for them to approve me replacing the fence with the same style and color as before when i got around to replacing)

Its a stupid waste of money, however, no one in my neighborhood has a trashy yard, house, and everything looks nice due to communal landscaping.

Millennials don't deal with HOA because you cant afford a home on 35k-50k a year that they make and will be making still in 30 years which is how long it takes to pay off a mortgage. Anyway you have to make personal sacrifice often to save for a home which millennials cant do when making said $50k a year and needing to buy the newest $800 phone every other year and buying the over priced compact car with lame tech package and spending $150 a week on organic food ect.

I dont mind keeping neighborhood niggerdom at bay, it's the bureaucracy that sucks. I had to explain for like 20 minutes to this lady that I was replacing the soffits and painting them the EXACT SAME color as they were before. And mail in a form. And send pictures. And wait like 2 weeks for approval.

What do you mean? Shes perfectly modest

if i recall, i believe there are always provisions in the charter to destroy the HOA, but it requires something outrageous, like 2/3 or 3/4 of all "owners" in the neighborhood to agree

Youre doing hoa activities with hoa tendencies .Hoas are your friend and hoas are your enemies

you should reverse your setup for max "really makes you think"

Everyone hates HOA's. Why the fuck would you pay rent to live in your own house.

Fuck HOAs. It's just bored bluehairs with nothing else to do but look out their windows all day and bitch about what they see.

The craziest rule I ever heard was a big ass mansion type home at the end of a hill and they said you couldn't park in the driveway. Bottom of the hill or garage only.

HOAs help keep the niggers and white trash in line. Last year, some Damn redneck put up a deer blind on HOA property pointing into other people's back yard.

I pay only about $400 annual and that includes a comfy pool with lifeguards that verify non-HOA members are allowed in.

>devaluing the other houses in the neighborhood
>spending $150 a week on organic food ect.
t. boomer

aren't allowed

literally the exact fucking same thing happened to me what the fuck

>bought a house 2 years ago
>no HOA
>neighbor has a trampoline in his yard, no one gives a shit
>decide to build deck to use part of the property that is on a slope, on the north side of the house under some trees
meth addict builder asks first question: do you want it with or without permit
with permit the deck is 7ft wide
without permit it's 15 ft but too close to the property line
no HOA, 100ft from the end of the street (cul-de-sac) - no outside traffic
addict tells me I should ask my neighbor if he's ok, just as a courtesy
neighbor literally says "I don't give a fuck"
>people clean the common driveways and the county road in front of their houses
>huge (illegal) fireworks every 4th of July and new years
Love it!

>friend bought a house in an HOA
>moves in Saturday
>Monday morning receives a letter because the grass is too tall
>a year later receives a letter saying that his trees are too tall, he needs to cut them and plant others
>no plant/tree that has fruits; not even strawberries in pots on the deck
he's happy though

I swear that picture was taken in Frederick Maryland.

>Can't keep your lawn green during dry season
>Prison time

Home Owners Associations are shit. Literal Horn of Africa Tier.

>$400 annual
honestly, if you had said $1200, it might have been believable. if you stand by 400/annually, i require proofs

this. I understand the point about making sure no one goes off the deep end and trashes the neighborhood, but I can't stomach someone having the final say on what you do on the property you BOUGHT.

Truthfully, you're basically just renting in an HOA neighborhood. Even if you want to upgrade your property, some asshole in the HOA can hold a grudge and deny it. Fuck that shit.

Don't you guys get to vote on the board or something?

and let's not forget that Lowe's and Home Depot love HOA's because you are obligated to purchase a bunch of shit to keep your grass green all year and your hedges trimmed and trees pruned
it's a massive fucking racket

in CA, if you are lucky enough to maybe get yourself a tiny condo, you end up having to pay an additional 200-500 bucks a month in (((HOA))) fees on top of your mortgage. fucking absurd. the (((HOA))) does minimal upkeep and it's just extortion basically. (((HOA))) is all over CA.

i believe so. it would require a shitload of effort to get the majority of people interested enough to vote for anyone other than the cartel that's been running the neighborhood for decades.

it can be done, but the energy requird would be great

>mfw I'm the guy that reports all my neighbor's violations

Burn in hell, rulebreakers

Those HOA in cahoots with the construction business. You guys are getting hustled.

damn that sounds great. if you don't like it you should come see what the villages, suburbs and cities look like in belgium, post-war belgium is an absolute disgusting mess

Depends on the HOA.
I live in one and it is a pretty good deal.
But others im sure get screwed

>belgiumis an absolute disgusting mess.
your point?

How can i profit off the next bubble?

Wouldn't owning a houseboat solve some of these problems?

There is no NEEEEEEED for anyone to have more than an 10x10 apartment shared communally. Anything more is treason to the state and should be punished with deportations to labor camps!

my point is that a lot of good rules is great

Because no one likes being told what to do with their own home by some old boomer shitstains obsessed with living in the perfect cookie cutter neighborhood.

>Wanting the value of your property to drop by Marxist shitstains that want their outside decor to be "original" or white trash shitheads that want to paint a giant steelers flag outside their house

Okay.

>getting written permission to cut a tree branch from continuously protruding into my bedroom window, On my property, from my neighbor.
>paying hundreds a month

Hoa are a scam and hardly do anything for property values.

This.

Its literally a retirement activity for asshole boomers to act like little dictators.

Even if your HOA is the kind that just stays out of your affairs and handles the upkeep of common areas of the neighborhood it could still be transformed into an authoritarian nightmare if enough assholes get elected.

If you ever come onto my property and try to tell me what to do, I will beat the shit out of you.
Ill park wherever the fuck I want.
Ill paint whatever I want what ever color I want.
Ill have whatever type of decorations I want
My house will be whatever color I want.
Ill work on my car wherever I want.
Ill let my grass be whatever height I want.
Ill have whatever foliage I want
This is my property and if you try to take it from the then that will be the last thing you do.