Why did Scottish independence fail in 2014?

Why did Scottish independence fail in 2014?

*ahem*

SNP are incompetent cucks
Scots aren't completely retarded
It failed in 2017 too with this past election

English gibs

Because of a fifth column of english gibmigrants living in Scotland.

Rural and suburban retards

nobody wanted independence in the first place they just wanted Scotland to be a little bit more relevant in the UK. Plus independence would have ruined us and everyone saw that.

One day Scots will wake up and be free from the boot of English oppression

I never understood the independence movement.

Scotland has more power in the U.K. Then England, because it has a devolved parliament, yet at the same time Scottish MP's can vote on matters regarding England.

It's clearly in the superior position within the union from a political standpoint.

Media onslaught really. As soon as the media attacked immigrants by saying the Scottish government would take away their gibs, they lost the vote. "True" scots voted in favour of independence by I believe 54% to 46%, but the vote was open to any citizen that lived there for 3 years or more.

In fact, the media onslaught from the EU referendum is very reminiscent of what the Scots went through in 2014. Every day, it's more doom and gloom, and people will fall for it.

In truth, the scots going independent and the UK going independent are the same kind of beasts. No one really knows what is going to happen, but everyone has an opinion on it.

It wasn't a good idea,the country has no resources thats why the romans built a wall, they were like "nothing here". They got oil but the price is too low for it to be something they could base their economy on,

And the UK would have more power inside the EU. And Australia would have more power in a world wide goverment. Checkmate.

>true scots 55 to 46%
That's pretty weak honestly. In Catalonia true catalans favor independence at 99'999%.

>That's pretty weak honestly. In Catalonia true catalans favor independence at 99'999%.
The Catalonian independence "referendum" was an unofficial opinion poll the opposition didn't acknowledge though.

Also the EU referendum passed 52/48, a majority is a majority.

WTF are you slavering about ya bawbag??????
99% of True Scots think you pulled those statistics out of yer arse.

They didn't know what currency they were going to use

The better question would be why the Queen didn't rescind his Knighthood for treacherously supporting the breakup of the union

Scots are cucks unlike the Irish.

He didn't even campaign for it in 2014

>>Alex Salmond
>> Old People
>> Parties United to fear monger against Indy
>> No actual plans in place muh pound no alternative
>>Threats of Banks refusing to stay/relocate
>>Proddies* loyal to Ma'am
>>No guarantee of EU membership
>>Distrust or support for SNP in general
>muh NHS muh meds muh college muh benefits muh pension muh joab

Pricks the atmosphere was horrible. I voted for ind and everyone i knew bar a few voted was like a death the next day since the support was overwhelming and i'm pretty sure some fiddling was going on with the votes even Russian invigilators said there was discrepencies in vote counting however it is Russia and whats honest about Russian elections

Think that;s pretty much about it

Just to add influence with

>>papers
>>media
>>personalities
>>economists
>>think tanks

they didnt have a william wallace this time around

they allowed immigrants to vote

And now look at the change we as UNITED KEKDOM are seperated from the helm of the Belgian bureaucracy and now Ind 2 looks like it might pass for us to waltz back into the EU and the loving arms of 1,000,000 wild jahootis

Fuck the SNP you sociailst scumbags.

>>Get Indy
>>Get EU

>>Don't get Indy
>>Don't get EU

You can't fucking win!

Because they believed there would be trouble with their EU membership if they left the UK. Rest assured, they will very likely secede in a hard Brexit scenario. Northern Ireland as well.

Is there any exit poll data available about this? I was always under the impression that immigrants were the ones pushing for Scottish independence because they wanted to be in the EU.

I know personally of one case in which an NI citizen voted No in the Indy by proxy vote.

It was so easy to manipulate votes from people who never lived in Scotland.

Also your face when you realize 8th June Britain had an election and its now 16 days after with no formed government .

you'll go on all day about English fifth columns but never Irish ones. WHY? there's far more Irish in Scotland and the places where there is most of them were the only places that voted yes.

If you google around there's stuff online, I haven't looked in to the fallout since late 2014.

As for the immigrants voting indy, they were constantly told that Scotland wouldnt remain in the EU

> meanwhile in reality, Independence sentiment at a low

We can support our economy on North Sea oil!
>Price of crude oil crashes
....FUCKING TORIES

I think most Scots aren't actually completely retarded, there is just a loud vocal minority. But they do need to get a decent right wing party instead of just sucking labour or the SNP's dick.

Independence hasn't got anything to do with republicanism.

>supporting Indy

If Scotland gained independence, wouldn't that break up the "united kingdom"?

Because they're a bunch of dress wearing fags who have forgotten everything William Wallace and the like fought for.

YOU ONLY HAD TO VOTE YES

IT'S TOO LATE INDYKEKS

YOU WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER CHANCE

Because it wasn't about independence, it was about union or annexation.

The irish just like the murder innocent women and children because they are weak, at least Scots prefer to do it to fighting men.

there's strife in basically every nation's history you stupid fucking burger. scotland became part of the UK in the early 1700s -- much longer ago than the american civil war.

huurrr kentuckians forgot what robert e lee fought for, durr

>huurrr kentuckians forgot what robert e lee fought for, durr
Kentucky was a union state, idiot.

yfw you realized UK is like a Soviet Union of the west?

They can't stop little states from breaking apart.

Not even the Scots believe that Scots can rule themselves. They are the eternal cuck.

Scots would never throw away their honourary Anglo card

>scots are cucks
Lol, no.

You can be a Scottish patriot and a British one at the same time. Independence was a meme perpetrated by lefties to push Scotland further to the left. Please stick to posting "le 4d chess" memes.

You're right, modern Scots are just English rape babies.

they're pussies who love being little bitch cuckold cowards.

scots are massive massive faggots that do what ever the english tell them to. quite sad desu

>calls others cowards
>hides behind meme flag

Off yourself mate, you wouldnt last 10 minutes in East Glasgow talking that nonsense.

Thats not true and you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Stick to burger meme A or B politics, i think other countries are a little too hard for you to understand.