What logical arguments are there for confederate monuments to stay up other than "muh history"?

What logical arguments are there for confederate monuments to stay up other than "muh history"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t8EwzisBEHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>answer my question but don't give me the answers I don't like.
How about this, what logical reason is there to tear them down?

>muh history
>implying history isn't a good reason
kys faggot

it will never end

It costs a lot of money to take it down.

Because the confederates supported slavery and whenever a black person sees those monuments in a town, they know that the town supports the confederacy and they aren't welcome there

There's no other reason you fucktard.

Can make the same argument for the heritage sights that Isis goes around destroying.

veterans should always be honored, even of they fought on the losing side.

Why must blacks be wellcome everywhere? Why cant they stick to themselves and leave whites alone?

Why must you force yourselves on us?

>Dismissing the biggest reason

nice try nigger

None of that is logical. Try again.

Oh for fuck's sake why am I up this late in this shitty bait thread

There is literally nothing wrong with slavery. Black slaves were treated so well that their population rapidly increased.

They were well fed strong and fucked like bunnies. Sounds better than starving in Africa and having to eat your children to survive

Isn't 'muh history' a good enough reason?

That's why memorials are built... to memorialize.

>history not being enough

Majority of black people in New Orleans didnt want them tobcome down. what other argument do you have?

/thread

What logical reason would there be for destroying them?

i'm not even american or into southern culture that much but "muh history" should be enough. imagine tearing down the louvre because the french suddenly think monarchy was fucked up. compairing the louvre to some redneck generals statue is a bit far fetched but you get the idea.

You Yanks will never understand the flag, nor what it represents. Serious question: Have you ever been to the south before? Have you ever gone hunting in Georgia, have you ever had BBQ in North Carolina, or rafted in Tennessee? Probably not. Well, I have. I've done that and I've been to the north as well and let me say - the north fucking sucks. I remember growing up people used to tell me that Yankees were some of the rudest and most selfish folk you can imagine, and I didn't believe it until the day a few friends and me took a big road trip across the US. You northern folk represent everything wrong with the US - greed, misery, heresy, lack of values and belief, and more. You're literal human garbage. So yeah, this is why we take pride in that damned flag, because it represents southern hospitality, our sweet tea, drinking whiskey while fishing, and just our family and friend-focused culture over all. Sure, it may be a symbol from a war from long ago, but just like the word "nigger" we took a symbol of our defeat and turned it into something of pride to remind us that we are different, our beliefs are different, and that you Yanks sitting in your single bedroom apartments in Chicago will never see the sun setting on the south Mississippi River, go deep sea fishing in Florida, or play music in a small town bar with good folk you've known your entire life. You don't even deserve to know that feel.

>know they aren't welcome
sounds like a damn good reason to keep them up m8

youtube.com/watch?v=t8EwzisBEHc

B-but I don't agree with that group in that particular historical setting, so g-g-get rid of now, you r-r-racist.

This. The south is home to the only culture in america (albeit vary varied among the southern states).

They're already there. Why waste the time, energy, and tax payer money to change something that isn't hurting anyone? The personal feelings a few people isn't worth wasting tax payer money on.

Ok, I'll ask God to make you a black slave in your next life, let's see how that goes for you
Good luck have fun :)

The problem with "muh history" as an argument is that is makes no God damned sense. Taking down statues isn't going to make people forget history, or erase it from the books. It isn't even going to change the books. It isn't going to do anything. If you're too fucking stupid to remember history without a giant fucking monument blasting it into your face, you're probably too stupid to know history accurately in the first place.

I bet everyone here can tell me who was the leader of Germany during WW2, right? Yeah, and that dude has NO memorials. Didn't forget history on that one? "Muh history" is a lame ass argument.

PS - Robert E. Lee didn't even WANT memorials. He thought it was a terrible fucking idea, because it would divide people. And look at that, he was fucking right, except the people that should be honoring his request are the ones actually spitting on it.

user why did you give a reason to keep them up?

Dogs have pretty good lives, but you wouldn't want to be a dog.

Literally, "muh history"

If you forget your history, your are doomed to repeat it.You want more slavery, because I will be happy to give it to you.

Let's just destroy all of history because we do things differently now.

A reminder of past mistakes. Without such things, and the liberal hobby of re-writing or plain ignoring history

>when you lose your train of thought and can't finish a sentence

t. Retard

Yeah we should leave history lessons up to Marxists in the school system, I'm sure they won't manipulate history for their own sick agenda.

I'm sure people won't forget that the civil war had almost nothing to do with slavery. Why keep books or records on such things? Someone might get an opposing view and that could lead to division!

You fucking inbred.

name one logical argument to remove them other than muh slavery

>remember history
>not a good reason

Fucking faggot

Because we don't want to make them angry again.

They've been up for so long, if you take em down now, you're trying to erase history.