Continued Marijuana use is correlated with violent behavior

>BACKGROUND: Although the association between cannabis use and violence has been reported in the literature, the precise nature of this relationship, especially the directionality of the association, is unclear.

>METHOD: Young males from the Cambridge Study of Delinquent Development (n = 411) were followed up between the ages of 8 and 56 years to prospectively investigate the association between cannabis use and violence. A multi-wave (eight assessments, T1-T8) follow-up design was employed that allowed temporal sequencing of the variables of interest and the analysis of violent outcome measures obtained from two sources: (i) criminal records (violent conviction); and (ii) self-reports. A combination of analytic approaches allowing inferences as to the directionality of associations was employed, including multivariate logistic regression analysis, fixed-effects analysis and cross-lagged modelling.

>RESULTS: Multivariable logistic regression revealed that compared with never-users, continued exposure to cannabis (use at age 18, 32 and 48 years) was associated with a higher risk of subsequent violent behaviour, as indexed by convictions [odds ratio (OR) 7.1, 95% confidence interval (CI) 2.19-23.59] or self-reports (OR 8.9, 95% CI 2.37-46.21). This effect persisted after controlling for other putative risk factors for violence. In predicting violence, fixed-effects analysis and cross-lagged modelling further indicated that this effect could not be explained by other unobserved time-invariant factors. Furthermore, these analyses uncovered a bi-directional relationship between cannabis use and violence.

>CONCLUSIONS: Together, these results provide strong indication that cannabis use predicts subsequent violent offending, suggesting a possible causal effect, and provide empirical evidence that may have implications for public policy.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342
psychologytoday.com/blog/the-new-brain/201603/marijuana-use-increases-violent-behavior
fox21news.com/2017/06/02/marijuana-tax-funds-420k-worth-of-scholarships-for-pueblo-county/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>continued alcohol use is linked towards violent behavior
>continued pharmaceutical use is linked towards violent behavior
OP is a nerd virgin

Don't resort to name calling while debating.
Also here's sauce: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26961342

bump

this is correlation not causation
it's fucking obvious that break one law are of the personality to break other laws
no one fucking cares

Was there a control group? No

This wasn't blinded either.

If you gave people cannabis extracts without them knowing if they got a real one or a placebo and it made them more violent, that would be relevant.

This just conflates multiple variables without establishing causation as the wording itself admits.

>look at all these sources
>look at the studies
>just believe what the (((scientists))) say
kike.

Now let's watch the mental gymnastics from liberals when it's pointed out that cannabis users are disproportionately non-white, and that's really the correlative factor at work here.

"young males from the Cambridge Study of Delinquent Development"
and
"information obtained from criminal records"

Possible problem with the sample, don't you think?

then that would invariably be correlated with poverty
because poor people have higher rates of criminal activity
this is pleb-tier research

>dope makes you violent

t.alcohol industry

>niggers are smoking weed
>niggers are violent

what a fucking surprise

Poverty is already accounted for, nitwit.

>These subjects were in the Cambridge Study in Delinquent Development, comprised of 411 boys who were born around 1953 and living in working-class urban neighborhoods of London. 97% of them were Caucasian and all of them were raised in two-parent households. The researchers took into consideration other factors, including antisocial traits as assessed by the Antisocial Personality Scale, alcohol use, other drug use, cigarette smoking, mental illnesses, and family history.

psychologytoday.com/blog/the-new-brain/201603/marijuana-use-increases-violent-behavior

>It is very difficult to determine whether any statistical correlation between marijuana use and violent behavior are causally linked, or instead the two are associated through some other factor, such as socioeconomic status, personality traits, or many other variables that are related to the propensity to use marijuana.

>BBBRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPPP

My neighbor smokes up all the time and he constantly abuses who ever lives there with him and yells at his dog.

Weed makes your conscience virtually non-existent. When I smoked weed, it allowed me to do things in peace and calm that would have had my heart pounding out of my throat normally. The things I was doing were not violent or exploitative. But they were a CLEAR transgression of my values and moral code. So this study-result is no surprise to me. Niggers are notorious weed smokers. And Mike Tyson used to always blame his violent outbursts on it.

Weed is extremely degenerate. And I've always thought so.

Keep reading the article, you fucking idiot.
>Not so, conclude neuroscientist Tabea Schoeler at Kings College London, and her colleagues, "Together, the results of the present study provide support for a causal relationship between exposure to cannabis and subsequent violent outcomes across a major part of the lifespan." Let's examine the evidence provided by this new study.

Im against the marijewana but let me guess what's going on here.
>Niggers smoke pot
>Niggers commit the most crime

fox21news.com/2017/06/02/marijuana-tax-funds-420k-worth-of-scholarships-for-pueblo-county/

PUEBLO COUNTY, Colo. — $420,000 is being given to more than 200 high school graduates as part of the world’s first marijuana tax-funded scholarship.

In 2015, ballot initiative 1B passed, funding the scholarship program though marijuana tax revenue in Pueblo County.

All 210 recipients received an email Thursday from the Pueblo Hispanic Education Foundation, a nonprofit appointed to administer the scholarship by the Pueblo Board of County Commissioners.

“This is one of the first years we’ve been able to award so many scholarships to so many families and students,” said executive director Beverly Duran.

Duran said each of the recipients will be getting $2,000 for the 2017-18 school year.

“This opportunity allowed us to reach families that may not have otherwise had the opportunity to get a scholarship, because we didn’t set a GPA requirement or a financial-need requirement,” said Duran.

>Didn't control for race or IQ
Discarded

I've never heard of a stoner being aggressive like a alcoholic

97% of the subjects in this study were white. So you can't really blame the violent behavior on blacks.

> 97% of them were Caucasian and all of them were raised in two-parent households.

Ah so they used their alternate reality machine to find another reality that's exactly the same but that person never smoked weed and they weren't as violent?
That's the only way you could prove a claim like that because a lot of people that consume cannabis were degenerates already. It's one of those bottom-rung, entry level "criminal activities", people in jail don't even fuck with you if you're just in there for weed. They know that shit's wrong.

Niggers and spics smoke more weed, or at least are caught/admit to smoking more. They also commit more violent crime. Fuck your (((studies)))), this is why I hate statistics.

Who funds this sort of scare-mongering research?

Also just want to be clear, if someone had been convicted of cannabis possession or distribution would that be considered violent or be included as evidence of criminality in the study? Would they be included if they had a gun while in possession of cannabis but had not fired or pointed it at anyone?

This study seems to find the results it wants to find.

This

>we didn’t set a GPA requirement
Majority of that scholarship money is going to go back to weed and other stupid shit.

they have no idea of the method of action and this is still just correlation where the typical age for first time cannabis use usually predates the first serious violent criminal act

you can probably check this yourself by looking up the average age for first time marijuana use and the average age of first time violent crime offenders

no doubt access to weed is naturally earlier than being a violent thug

Uhh, no. The researchers just looked at other participates that didn't smoked weed and found out that they were significantly less likely to engage in violent behavior.

Not sure. Go look up the British Justice system on what they considered is a violent crime.

No need to worry about that go-... I mean friend. Why don't you just enjoy the refreshing taste of some ice cold© Bud Light™ because alcohol certainly doesn't tend to make people more aggressive and violent unlike pot.

Yes, violent thugs start acting violent AFTER they start smoking marijuana. What's your point?

>no control group
>experimental group is juvenile delinquents

great "study" real good "science" they did there

indeed, even if chosen at complete random, I imagine the demographics represented are unequal

If I had legal cannabis I'd be A LOT less violent you mongoloid

(((Science)))

true facts to glean from this: don't be around nigs on weed

this

Actually
> Hers's what they found: Most of the participants never used cannabis and they were never reported to have violent behavior. 38% of the participants did try cannabis at least once in their life. Most of them experimented with cannabis in their teens, but then stopped using it. However, 20% of the boys who started using pot by age 18 continued to use it through middle age (32-48 years). One fifth of those who were pot smokers (22%) reported violent behavior that began after beginning to use cannabis, whereas only 0.3% reported violence before using weed. Continued use of cannabis over the life-time of the study was the strongest predictor of violent convictions, even when the other factors that contribute to violent behavior were considered in the statistical analysis.

>Nigger smoke more weed
>niggers more violent
Another study confounded by race lol.

So this is like the Regnerus study of pot?

Manipulate results from an extremely small sample with implied causality.

Still curious if anyone can find out who funded this.

I'm getting really tired of repeating myself. 97% of the participates were white. You can't blame the results on niggers.

Thank you science for eliminating violence from humanity. Now we can all sip our soylent and masturbate in peace.

that marijuana does not CAUSE violence
it's CORRELATED
can you fucking read, nigger?

this

I'm honestly getting really tired of this "correlation does not mean causation" argument. M8, all of the other factors causing violent crime has already been accounted for. If you're going to claim that there's some other factor playing a role. Then the burden of proof is on you. Poverty, psychopathic traits, race and etc. have already been accounted for. Stop trying to justify your degeneracy.

The reality is if we started forcing weed on black people the crime rate would go down massively, more than any other measure. You're getting robbed by some angry nig? Roll him a joint and he'll turn into your best friend. Weed criminalization is L I T E R A L L Y keeping the black man down.

>> smoke weed constantly
>> become broke loser
>> no money
>> hungry
>> violent

Makes sense

I used to smoke weed a lot and can confirm. Maybe I was not more agressive towards people, but surely more impulsive. Smoked a lot every day though.

I once absolutely murdered a pizza after smoking just one weed plant. Stay away, it's like inhalable rabies.

>M8
nice proxy, faggot. no one in america speaks like a british fop.

until you can hammer down a direct causal link then you can't conclude it's causation. science is fucking HARD and performing expensive, longitudinal studies on human subjects IS HARD AS FUCK. i know because i have published papers that go through the torture of peer-review and my experimental methodology has to be bullet proof as it should be to advance human understanding

Not strange... It's illegal so they are forced to hang around criminals who assume that you won't call the police and might do all sorts of crimes against you like stealing your dope. So people who smoke pot need to learn to do violence.

For someone who is so opposed to marijuana, who sure do know a lot about weed.
Sage for being a summer fag again

>make weed illegal
>only rebels use it
>get a disproportionate group to study
>blame weed and not the state

poor people can't afford to smoke a lot of weed.

it's BLACK people you're thinking of.

selling weed n other drugs to buy weed
trading food stamps for weed
selling sex for weed
stealing weed
robbing people for weed money
smoking mexican dirt weed that white people wouldn't pay $5/g for

various ways black people will get their weed.

Not in my experiance I use 1 to 2 grams a week

there's nothing to debate.

>Trusting (((government sources)))
Best Goy

1 to 2 grams a week is nothing white boy. come back when you're a real smoker

>poor people can't afford to smoke a lot of weed
poor people do nothing but smoke weed because they are surrounded by the industry
it's cheap and plentiful as fuck when you are down with the dope boys on your block that sling work and trees

Continued Sup Forums shitposting to enrichen pulp and paper and oil and gas kikes is correlated with having no spirit. Use your brains. Weed is in tit milk. Ban assault toddlers. Nobody's ever died from weed so drink more alcohol and we will shift the goal post onto the people you beat up or manslaughter or worse

Ye I think OP made it quite clear

Go home lewinsky

weed costs less than a dollar a gram
liquor costs less than $3 a bottle
mushrooms costs $5 an ounce

it's all the state enforcing a war on drugs and taxing the shit out of its slaves

The daily bowel movement hates weed. They love booze. Kills people easier. Those two DUIs are fine. My vitamin delivery devices. Tomatoes. And plants. Are the problem. Ban coffee and poppy seeds

Ban cars i cant breathe well. Ban industrialisation

Keep making excuses
But obviously the American public can't handle it

"This effect persisted after controlling for other putative risk factors for violence."

This is true but if you never angered yourself or acted violent before it won't do shit, you'll just be the stereotypical hippie.

However from personal experience, stoners are more aggressive than non-users and trigger more easily when baked. I can attest that to so many people and myself. Maybe aggressive people are more drawn towards cannabis.

Chemically, the drug is mainly excitatory so it's not counter to logic but only to collective imagination

correlation /= causation the reason violence and pot use are linked is cultural the drug culture is one of violence and people with criminal tendency seek out drugs often to alleviate their boredom and give them the thrill and inflated sense of self they seek from committing crimes.

You're an idiot if you believe pot harms you in any way. You're a fucking retard if you believe it makes you violent. Go back to the 30's.

Cannabis always makes me much less violent/aggressive. If I go out into town for a drink I'm usually down for a fight and almost hoping that someone will start one

If I've had a little smoke beforehand I'm GONE as soon as it looks like there's going to be trouble

You fool it is irrelevant. The nigger responds violently without weed and the effect is exponential

OMG... you think "this is a compilation"... but then you realize, the paint job of the car never changes...

DUDE

It probably causes emphysema just like anything else you smoke that creates tar and screws up your lungs not to mention COPD but there will not be a study on long term effects thats reliable until the stigma is gone. All current studies are unreliable since the people doing them are paid to do a pro pot or anti pod study by one group or another.

>majority of pot heads are niggers
>niggers are violent
>pot makes people violent

I think all that DUDE WEED fried your brain.

probably not, but can't study it cause gov't says no medical benefit schedule 1
you want the truth? the goys can't handle the truth

No, it isn't causal. No one fights because they are high on weed. But they may get violent when withdrawing from weed for a few weeks and it isn't totally out of their system. Just because it is a shift from being relaxed and not worrying about anything back to the real world and having to readjust to a bunch of irritating shit.

And people who use weed with stimulants like cocaine or other drugs that make you aggressive anyway will get violent ya, because they aren't really thinking about any consequences that point.

Weed reduces your future-time-orientation, which is why it helps you relax and relieve anxiety. You don't worry so much about what's happening in the future or even a few minutes from now, which is why you're always losing keys and shit when you're high.

Sativa and Ruderalis isn't so bad, but Indica strains make people get super emotional over shit they shouldn't. That's one of the reason we have all these crazy sjws around is the weed. They get triggered over some little shit then want to kill people because they haven't been high in a week or so.

coke and weed is the greatest combo
I used to do that shit by myself and listen to music could smoke several grams in one sitting

Governments that make a racket off of keeping it illegal fund studies that, by an amazing coincidence, find the results they want. Lies, damned lies, and statistics, etc. Anyone who fell for the reefer madness meme is mentally feeble and should be removed from the genepool.

Did they control for race?

i rather smoke weed then doing fucking opiates against my chronic pain

i have chronic pain and i need opiates every fucking day im white and from germany you are making me sick im 24 and addicted to oxycontin ... fuck off faggot

>Young males from the Cambridge Study of Delinquent Development
Sounds like they were bound to be violent fuckups senpai
I'd say the average person is a lot more likely to be violent sober or drunk than stoned, unless he's already a psycho and the THC aggravates it

And yet the race of the patients were not let known.

Pro-tip: Niggers are addicted to weed. Niggers are violent.