Okay atheistfags listen up. I can prove that god exists

Okay atheistfags listen up. I can prove that god exists.

>you exist
>than means you had a cause
>your parents too had a cause
>this planet had a cause
>and so did the universe
But this means that anything that caused something was caused by something else. This leads to an infinite regress which is impossible, because there had to be a first cause.

If there wasn't a first cause then this implies eternity which is by definition immortal and eternal. Why not call it god?

If there was an uncased cause which is beyond the laws of physics, why not call it god?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UCOsDO14BQs
youtube.com/watch?v=s2ULF5WixMM
arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0110012
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

God`s exsistance is irrelevant since religion as whole is nothing but a plague on humanity, cancer that needs to be cut out without remorse or mercy.

flag checks out

>If there wasn't a first cause then this implies eternity which is by definition immortal and eternal. Why not call it god?
>If there was an uncased cause which is beyond the laws of physics, why not call it god?
>why not call it god?
Because you don't really know.

Stalin pls go

Stalin was a faggot who restored orthodox church of Russia during the war. He should have just demolished all of the mosques,temples and churches and killed off all of the priesthood. He was too much of pacifist.

CORRECTION
Ccommunism as whole is nothing but a plague on humanity, cancer that needs to be cut out without remorse or mercy.

If you're a Christian, you need to recognize that the God of the philosophers isn't the God of the Bible. There are differences.

Natural philosophy (aka "physics" and "science") is an incomplete paradigm on top of that.

Stop worshipping "science" and putting this cart before the horse.

People of my country started to worship western commodities such as blue jeans when communists finally taught them to not worship God. At least religion teaches some morality to those who cant have it by their own intellect, such as dumb people or females - oh wait, this is exactly the thing commie kikes hate most about religion.

Russians are obedient, cowardly slaves who will suck the dick of anyone who is strong enough to show them who is boss. They are a feminine and submissive race.

Why would any god have exemption from that?

The infinite regression could just as easily be solved by assuming that the universe in a constant cycle wherein it continually expands, collapses then expands again in an infinite cycle. Adding God just throws an extra item into the system that can only solve the puzzle if it is declared that he is immune to such a rule.

Religion's extremely effective at controlling the masses and is intrinsically tied with western culture, but anyone who actually believes it needs to realize that it was created as a mechanism to do just that and live with the knowledge of what value religion truly holds.

This is why they defeated you at war, raped all you women and made you a bitch you still are today, right Hans?

No one should deny the possibility of a supreme being, but there is no reason to believe it is anything like what most people claim.

>you exist
>than means you had a cause

stop right there. you're assuming

If theres no evidence for god then why do the clouds go behind the sun?

Job 37:21
And now men see not the bright light which is in the clouds: but the wind passeth, and cleanseth them.

You saying things are just a brute fact?

I'm saying you're edgy and probably too young to fully comprehend what you are even saying.

I'm 32 you stupid bitch. Educate me, insults are worthless.

uh-huh. LARP harder kid.

>LARPing as a 32 year old Sup Forums poster, like that holds prestige or something. i would have thought more of you if you were younger, atleast then youd have your whole life ahead of you to cure the retardation

Nothing you've said added anything to the topic. If anyone's acting "edgy" it's you you coward.

thats right, pray for us both, faggot.

what caused god?

saged, babies first time arguing religion

"come worship stalin with me"

Religion will always exist as long as humanity exists. We all worship something.

>The infinite regression could just as easily be solved by assuming that the universe in a constant cycle wherein it continually expands, collapses then expands again in an infinite cycle.
yes then the universe is infinite and needs no one to exist.
in other words,you think the universe is a god.
it could be,whatever.

Why did you begin insulting me to begin with? I just asked you a question to understand your line of reasoning.

Then you responded with worthless insults - worthless because you aren't going to reveal yourself so that we can both meet up and kill each other.

But then go on without clarifying. Why do so many people here act like you are acting now?

I thought that a cyclical universe would cover it, but consider the following: If the universe is comprised entirely of things that are contingent-- that is, of things capable of not existing-- then, given an infinite period of time, there must have at some point been a point in time wherein absolutely nothing existed. If absolutely nothing exists, there can be no impetus for anything to begin existing thereafter, which is very apparently not the case. Something in the universe must therefore be essential-- incapable of nonexistence.

>What moved the unmoved mover
Nothing did, the unmoved mover is unmoved by definition.
You stupid fucking faggot.

I swear, Sup Forums needs to get some fucking St. Aquinas into them.

>The Bible is true because it is the word of God
>The Bible is the word of God, because it says so in the Bible
That's how you sound

I don't worship anything.

There are no "causes" btw, causes are for anxious normies

What does that have to do with anything you fucking braindead motherfucker? And you should be saying "what happens when the unstoppable encounters the unmovable" for your comparison even start making sense kid.

>Uhuh guys I cracked the code I bet noone ever thought of this, if everything was caused by something, then God caused the first thing aha checkmate bro

Take your babyfirst religious discussions back to Sup Forums pls, saged

The universe itself either exists beyond the realm of time, or a god exists beyond the realm of time. However we know for a fact that the universe exists, but can not know with absolute certainty that a god exists. So while pushing the assumption of existing beyond time and space, the idea of a god that can not be known to exist is far less valid than pushing it on what is known to already exist.

Trying to apply logic to shit like the universe will always lead to conclusions that seem absurd to people who don't agree with the conclusion. There is no way to assert one claim is undeniably true and thus it is pointless to try and do so.

Your local community college should have a Philosophy 101 course you can take, if you can pass the placement test.

ok kid remember to go to Sup Forums with your incredible breakthrough, I'm sure you'll blow their minds

There's no reason to believe that nothing in the universe can exist without a cause, if that was the case then it would require an exterior mechanism such as God can violate the previously set rule for the universe. Something has to exist without a cause and we cannot assert the existance of a god as we can with the universe.

its actually all me. Sup Forums is like 8 assholes and a bunch of kids (you)

If everything requires a cause then any god would also require a cause
If your argument is that a infinite creator is required in this case then that is illogical as any infinite being would exist for eternity before creating the universe which means that the universe would never be created
dumb nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=UCOsDO14BQs

youtube hermit destroys idiots who think tesla was some genius

>I thought that a cyclical universe would cover it
Nope, it's been proven wrong.

>Physicist Dr. Alexander Vilenkin explains his theorem (the Borde Guth Vilenkin Theorem or the Kinematic Incompleteness Theorem) in simple terms that if you have a Hubble expansion that has an average greater than zero, then the universe pretty much has a beginning.

The universe had a beginning. That beginning was God. Fedora fags need to come back to reality

>If everything requires a cause then any god would also require a cause
No, God does not need a cause. He is by definition, being the bounds of space-time-
immaterial and eternal.

>satanic trips
even satan agrees

No, that's a shit argument for God. Cause can be defined through cosmic and biological effects.

The real question you should ask is what created sentience. That is actually a question atheists won't be able to answer.

refer to second premise of my argument nignog

>This leads to an infinite regress which is impossible, because there had to be a first cause.

WHOOPSY

>babby's first philosophical post
> 70 IQ btw

Go kys faggot

The second premise of your argument doesn't matter. Time was created with the universe. There was no before. You're thinking of creation temporally. It's simply not.

great argument faggot

not an argument. Cry more though

just kys

Imagine a being with infinite time. He could create flowers of beauty. Show ferocity of predators and the speed of prey. The Universe being a thimble. Put some rum in it and grow up. Otherwise its time for true order.

>there was no before
>there was nothing before the universe
>there is no god

lol i know its not. thats the point

>hurrr my own rules dont apply to things i say

If there is one exception, the probability of more is extremely extremely high.

What caused god?

>Implying cause and effect are linked

Laughinghume.jpg

>If there is one exception, the probability of more is extremely extremely high.
That's literally a meaningless statement. What the fuck are you even talking about? There was no exception. There was NOTHING before the universe, except for God.

Seriously, this board should have an age requirement. Just because it's summer vacation doesn't mean you have to come and shitpost of Sup Forums.

more like:
>everything in the universe had a beginning, including time (big bang)
>whatever began the universe must have, by definition, had no beginning (or else an infinite regress)
>this being is called god. (aka the unmoved mover)
>youtube.com/watch?v=s2ULF5WixMM

Good grief.

universe is an infinite loop
prove me wrong

sorry bud. No it isn't

>The univerwse exists
>That means it had a cause
>God exists
>That means he had a cause
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

N
O
T

A
N

A
R
G
U
M
E
N
T

except its not even an argument, it's been proven.

>Inflationary spacetimes are not past-complete
>arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0110012

multiverse

>what one man calls god, another calls the laws of physics

Completely false statement desu. Just because it sounds good doesn't make it true. I never heard one man call god "the laws of physics". They distinguish between the two

Tesla was a slavic retard who invented nothing. Only pseudo-scientific pseudo intellectuals make reference to him

Not science

You're presupposing that, at one time, the universe did not exist.
Where would that knowledge come from?

>There was NOTHING before the universe
>except for God

>except=/=exception

>I can prove that god exists.
No you cannot.

Isaiah 40:28-31
28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard? [a]The everlasting God, Jehovah, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary; there is no searching of his understanding. 29 He giveth power to the faint; and to him that hath no might he increaseth strength. 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 31 but they that wait for Jehovah shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint.

Romans 11:33–36
33 Oh, the depth of the riches and swisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

The Bible explicitly states YOU CANNOT even understand God, yet to prove his existence. Don't be a heretic, stupid christfag.

What is time?

1. Do we really know if the universe had a cause or not? maybe law of causality doesnt apply without time and space.
2. How do we know an infinite regress is impossible?
3. Its not why not call it a god, its WHY call it a god? the word god has a lot of baggage with it that you cant even hope to carry.
4. Why not call it a multiverse?
5. What if we are in a simulation?
6. Why make any claims about the beginning of the universe without any evidence? Is it because you feel uncomfortable saying "i dont know"?

>not science
>god
>GOD
>not science
>G O D

>…19For what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse. 21For although they knew God, they neither glorified Him as God nor gave thanks to Him, but they became futile in their thinking and darkened in their foolish hearts.…

Why not call it potato?

How is there some fag commie first in every thread?

flat earther pls stap

If "God" is just the word you're using for "the thing that started the universe" then its stupid to assign it a gender or any attributes at all, and using the word "God" is dishonest since people are already using that word to describe something else.

Ok nice semantics but explain all the church stuff and why we should buy into the modern, anthropomorphized concept of god

lmao got'em
Your post is postmodernist autism.
>by assuming that the universe in a constant cycle

I like how the people who rush to Occam's Razor suddenly forget it whenever it's less convenient.

>Adding God just throws an extra item into the system

This is what I'm talking about.First you throw an extra item in there, eternal recurrence, and then you argue God is unlikely because you think that a first cause is "extra"-which it isn't by the way. A clockmaker is still needed to fabricate the clock, the clockmaker wouldn't be extra.

>Religion's extremely effective at controlling the masses

It endowed a sense of integrity, a sacred sense of morality and ethics. As you see Christianity slip away from the west- so to we see degeneracy on the rise. And now you have the nerve to call integrity "brainwashing". Ffs, no wonder we're so fucked.

>If there wasn't a first cause then this implies eternity which is by definition immortal and eternal. Why not call it god?

>If there was an uncased cause which is beyond the laws of physics, why not call it god?

Are time or physics god? I thought god was a deity, not a phenomenon.

>How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!
>there is no searching of his understanding

It's just saying you can't get into the consciousness of God. Why would you think that means not knowing of him?

Didn't you learn in school that matter isn't created?

The timeline of the universe is like numbers. It goes on infinitly in both forward and back with no start or end.

What caused the God?

And so christcucks were fucked off yet again.

>At least religion teaches some morality

>Пoмни, быдлo, вcя влacть oт бoгa, пocтиcь, кaйcя, и плaти пoпy, кoтopый cкopo лoпнeт oт твoих хapчeй.

Mopaлькy peлигия oбyчaeт, aгa. Ecли aд ecть, пoпoвня тaм гopeть бyдeт вceм cкoпoм.

ffs he already addressed that by suggesting that there is no infinite regression. Hold my hand: By infinite regression, he meant that it's self evident that there must be a first cause. You could argue that there isn't a first cause and everything is eternal-but Occam's razor would actually suggest a fabricator instead of infinite. This is ironically argued by Christian's who insist God *is the infinite.

To any western canadians interested in joining a western Canadian independence movement, shoot an email to this address:

[email protected]

You've already pasted this on enough threads, plz stahp

Your defintition means that God could just be a metaphor for something else.

Not actually existent but a natural property and even if it was magical then it would not prove your God and you would still have to rationalize God (why would a infinite being just exist then create finite beings if finite beings cannot come without infinite beings wouldn't you need super infinite beings to create the infinite?)

>universe in a constant cycle wherein it continually expands, collapses then expands again in an infinite cycle
The current view is that the expansion of the universe is accelerating and it's not going to re-collapse, so it's unlikely there is/has been an expand-collapse cycle even without bringing god into it.

>find shit smeared all over your room
>don't assume any cause
>shit just like happens man

the current view is as it is because of where we are in the current cycle. it hasn't started contracting yet, so we don't know how or what that would look like.

>How do we know an infinite regress is impossible?
You can show there are logical problems with infinite regress - eg. Thomson's Lamp is a lamp that's off, you start a timer and turn the lamp on at 0.5 seconds, off at 0.75, on at 0.875, etc until you've turned it on and off an infinite amount of times by 1 second.
So does the lamp end up on or off? There's no sensible answer so there's probably a problem with infinities.
>without any evidence? Is it because you feel uncomfortable saying "i dont know"?
If you think about something hard enough and come up with an answer then you do know.

You're right, something has to have caused something. However, it's more likely it that it is a result something we don't yet understand rather than a mystical being that has never being empirically proven in any capacity. Also, you're a faggot for making this thread.

If you prove that a first cause needs to exist then that is not proving that a God needs to exist. Why couldnt the universe be a self causing totality? Your stupid bullshit is full of all sorts of presuppositions

>God could just be a metaphor for something else.
What would the uncaused cause be like? In certain philosophical systems (Aquinas I think) being uncaused actually implies other things like perfect and all knowing which is very god-like.
it would just look like the expansion in reverse, but it looks like the universe has reached the equivalent to escape velocity so we know for sure that unless there's a miracle it's going to expand forever.

I know shit about science but has anyone already tried to theoretically describe a pre-existence scenario anyhow? By describing the reaction to physics without it's fundamental properties like time specifically. If there was a multiverse that accepted different laws of physics wouldn't there be a possibility do describe non-existence and then from there derive existence and it's causes if even there are causes? I hope I'm clear enough. lol