What happened to all the malls, bowling alleys, and arcades? And does their absence signify anything?

What happened to all the malls, bowling alleys, and arcades? And does their absence signify anything?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DrEstella/status/878691920481992705
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They all still exist bro, just go outside.

niggers

It's cheaper to buy things online.

They still exist but they're a lot less important.

ACCEPTED

The Clinton Foundation was more than just "Pay for Play". They were using their network of Democratically elected Sheriffs and Judges to pervert the justice system.

People would pay Indulgences to the Clinton Foundation in exchange for leniency or outright Exoneration of Crimes committed. (This is how they built their Blackmail network)

twitter.com/DrEstella/status/878691920481992705

Cheaper and more convenient to buy shit online

Also all the malls are 90% overpriced clothing stores now aimed at teenage girls

They still exist

I go to malls to shop, mostly brusnwick square, Woodbridge, oldbridge, short hills and they are always packed

Tons more niggers though.

10 years ago it was mostly whites and asians/Indians

Online shopping. Online games. Online socializing.

It is a failure of consumer capitalism. In the first place malls, bowling alleys, and arcades were consumerist extravagance, but the ongoing disintegration of nation and people have rid themselves of these distractions.

It was a problem that solved itself.

It signifies that people are so overstimulated what were once exciting hobbies are now considered boring.

Yup, niggers.
There's a Japanese fast food place in my local mall that I enjoy, but I only go very, very rarely because the entire place is wall to wall niggers.

This.

We had three malls within a reasonable distance of where I lived. One became a nigger infested hell hole back in the 90s, and predictably shut down when the actual paying customers stopped showing up because of it.

Said paying customers started going to the other two malls, one of the malls was still within walking distance of shitty section 8 housing, so all of the sub humans started wandering over there as well.

Without boring with details, we now have one mall, it's surrounded by major highways that are not easy to cross, and the nearest section 8 housing is probably a good 4-5 miles away. It caters primarily to yuppies progressives, but does well financially.

lol @ New Jersey malls.

They're such shit.

Bowling alleys still exist, popular with sports fans, elderly, churches and daycare folks (lotta mentally handicapped).

t. alley employee

I think it is a combination of sever factors

>wages haven't moved in decades when adjusted for inflation
>online shopping
>console and PC gaming caught up then surpassed arcade gaming
Possibly the biggest:
>countless studies show that with in an increase in diversity comes a decrease in community and civc participation (Robert Putnam Harvard study for example)

>malls
Online shopping is killing them. I still prefer to go to real stores to buy clothing because it is hard to tell how things will look on me by a picture. I also have feet that are 1/2 size different from each other so I have had bad luck buying shoes online. I need to try them on at the store to make sure I'm getting the size that is the best compromise between my two feet.

>bowling alleys
The ones in my city still do fine. I have friends who participate in bowling leagues. It is a lot of fun and a low stress sport. Its a great way to go out and drink beer with friends and have a good time.
>arcades
Those were always a ripoff. Nobody wants to pay $1 to play a shitty game for 3 minutes and lose.

When I was a kid my arcade had special nights where all the games were free but it cost like $15 to get in at the door. Those were fun nights. There was always a huge line on the Tekken game and the winner would keep playing as new challengers kept coming and going. Sometimes I could stay on the game for like 20 fights before somebody beat me.

Online shopping, and too many niggers at malls. They ruin everything they touch.

Saddest part is that they needed a study to know that participation in the community would decrease when you destroyed the community.

Different races (and there ARE different races) can absolutely work together, they can trade, even have mutually beneficial interactions. They can't live together without issues though, just like different cultures can't exist together without problems.

Can you post a pic of your feet please.

no

Kids got into cell phones, and stopped hanging out at the mall. The lack of kids killed the malls. Ironic, when you consider that most mall businesses wanted to get rid of kids.

i remember in the 90's malls actually had cool stores, lots of novelty/entertaining stuff to buy/see/do. and arcades. most malls still around just have clothing stores that all sell variations of the same shit. along with several closed/closing store spaces. no new, indoor shopping malls have been built in US since 2006.

Filled in aggressive minorities.

I can tell you, the malls in my area have no short supply of Blacks, Mexicans, and Muslims.

this

Please?

Not really true, they want to get rid of non-paying kids. The same fucks that go to a mcdonalds, buy a drink, and then refill it for the 8 hours their parents are at work.

If they were quiet, or even semi-behaved, they wouldn't be an issue. However, the average teenager these days is a disrespectful little shit that no one wants to be around.

>these days
We're talking about things that happened 10-15 years ago, m80

I literally went to the mall today.

>these days
Teenagers have been shit forever. There's just more of them who are shitskins, and thus even worse than white asshole teenagers.

online shopping

I'm a manager at an arcade that isn't D&B or Chuckie Cheese. Arcades are still popular if you happen to live near one.

Not entirely this, but this is probably the majority reason. There are a shit load of malls in Orlando, all the ones in the more "diverse" areas have closed and one is in the process of closing down. Online shopping is another facet, but if that were the only one then why do we have 4 other malls in affluent areas going strong?

Footfag, pls go.

Bowling alley are pretty full here in middle TN. Lots of them are open late night and sell alcohol so it's a nice alternative to bar/club for evenings out.

I've been to a few places where the bowling alley is the town bar and it's pretty fun and a nice place to hang out.

the arcades are still here, they're just called streams now
Twitch and Youtube

Malls are to America as coral reefs are to the sea, their death is a harbinger of doom, as the reefs die so does the sea, as the malls die, so does America.

There is only one that's good in Nashville area but it's pretty fun, hadn't been to one since 90s so it was a walk down memory lane, open fiarly late too.

Not packed but during 10pm or so still had a ~15 still there.

Kind of like you with the brown people in your country

The death of the American mall is fascinating to me.

From what I've gathered, they still seem to thrive in upscale suburbs. I visited a large mall in the northwest Chicago suburbs a few months ago and it was packed with people, and those people seemed to actually be buying.

Outside of that niche though, their days are numbered. My hometown of 90,000 people just had the Sears, Macy's, and Penney's close in the span of a few weeks, so it's done.

When you can buy literally anything on Amazon for cheaper than what brick and mortar stores are selling it for, have it arrive in two days, and not have to deal with sales people, malls are simply the latest in a long line of American staples rendered obsolete by technology.

Ah...be we evolve! Welcome to the STRIP MALL !

I worked at a mall for 6 years. Ask me anything.

>walmart
>people still bowl
>online gaming

Now we are at where the FBI gets into hot water.

Every Now and then a Confidential Informant will get into Legal trouble. Comey Instructed (Shilled for the CF) his agents to utilize the Clinton foundation as a fast track method to get them off the hook, instead of using the proper legal channels

How did you not kill yourself?
After 6 months at any retail job I've ever had my sould just started to drift away.

This is the correct answer. Niggers ruined suburban malls just like they ruined the urban outdoor markets. Whites keep moving further and further away to escape them, eventually we will just stay in our homes and never leave except to work. Diversity ruins everything.

did you post in the wrong thread, you fucking autismotron

The official nomenclature is either shopping center or commons, but we all know they're fucking strip malls.

Seen my first flash mob at a mall last weekend in Biloxi, MS. 50-75 nigger teenagers invades the mall and chimping out. Honestly sounded like the monkey exhibit at the zoo. We noped the fuck out

What store?

That might be the case actually. We don't have niggers at all where I live, and our malls are thriving. However, I go to some large city and they're just shut down.

They will have to provide something you can't buy online, like fresh food, unless restaurants beat them to it, but then again Americans don't care much if it's natural fresh or not.

Malls in general have declined mostly due to the advent of online shopping and that most average Americans don't have a lot of expendable income anymore if any. It's also worth noting that people had no qualms about going into massive amounts of debt before the turn of the 21st century.

These days most American's are luckily enough to have any kind of credit, let alone massive spending limits. Also prior to the collapse of the Soviet Union the idea of an inevitable nuclear holocaust pushed more people towards credit cards and heavy spending since it wouldn't matter when the bombs fell.

Slightly related, when my grandparents bought a new house back in the 60s they specifically picked a first-strike zone so they wouldn't live to see the aftermath of a nuclear war, kind of fucked up but understandable.

Arcades started their decline around the crash of 83 and 84 and now mostly exist as novelties or historical exhibits. Some chains like Round 1 in high-pop areas do fairly well since arcade cabinets have largely moved towards special experiences not found on consoles or PCs.

Niggers

>do her needs
bitch dropped an impressive loaf!
i would totally buy her a hummus platter for such ribald pranks

They became flooded with spics and nigs due to public transportation.

Go to one sometime.

THIS

This. Local mall died after bus depot was put in nearby and nignogs started to wonder over in droves.
You can't have large urban spaces like that without social trust, and no one trusts niggers.

Its always this...

>whites build
>area flourishes
>the least threatening, higher class blacks begin to move in
>some whites move out
>cousin pookie who just got his record contract and his bad ass little niglets, jamarcus, lashawndraniqua, legenius, daquavrious, and james move down the street from the well to do blacks.
>diversity begins to visit more often, bringing a rise in crime
>whites flee en masse to the areas around and away from the diversity
>the diversity moves in due to now lower home values.
>lather
>rinse
>repeat ad nausium

Fpbp, niggers

During the heyday of shopping malls when they were being built left and right, it was well known that every city had a white mall and a nigger mall.

Once the nigger mall inevitably closed down due to crime and poor sales, the darkies went to the other mall, eventually driving the white people out. Then, of course, those malls closed, too.

10 years too late with your post.

are you a pedophile, addict, felon or all 3?

Why did they decline?

every town has the white mall, and the mall white people used to go to

how are you still alive

Eyyy I worked at Bombay selling over priced yuppie furniture to boomers. I literally had nightmares about going to work every night.

They still exist? Maybe your local mall is just shit, most malls are shit anyways.

Support your local business.

/thread

It probably has something to do with the amount of shit that is bought online now

Buying things online does involve dealing with rude niggers that can't put down the cell phone long enough to ring you out or get the grease from the chicken sammich that they're eating while ringing you out all over whatever you're buying. It's glorious.

>does involve

does NOT involve. Oops.

>Ask me anything.
>1 post by this ID

Arcades are now Dave and busters.

Bowling alleys are now cosmic bowling Dave and buster clones.

crazy how malls all look the same (most at least) inside. I swear that is the exact mall i grew up near...down to the kay jewler on the corner and pennies at the end of a hall with some shit clothe store that i always wondered who shops there and why, never having seen anyone in there buying anything.

what are you talking about bowling allies are either cosmic bowling with hordes of teens who who have no where else to go to get away from parents, and league bowling. otherwise 100% dead.

to be fair they were here before you were here.

Malls always had a limited shelf life. It was how retailers expanded their markets in the 70's, when mail order via catalog was the only alternative to going to a huge Sears or JC Penny, or going to small stores in out of the way places - and was part of the rise of fast food, as a lot of chains started in malls.
Now, retailers don't need malls, and most people don't like having to drive, fight for a parking space, fight crowds, to buy the shit they need - and it's even worse during the holidays. The mall near me is a fucking madhouse for Xmas, the entire month, from Thanksgiving to Xmas eve, you can't avoid almost complete gridlock in that part of town, because of the mall.
Amazon and online shopping? Fucking heaven. I can order something, and have it at my door the next day - and they're getting better at same day.
70's-80's was the Mall. 90's was all about boutiques. Since 2000, it's all online and Amazon. It's evolution, in action. Malls were a means to an end, for the retail industry, and now they don't need them, so they'll die a slow death. Most malls now charge too much for rent, anyway. Most of them are a waste of space, and with the people who go there, more and more dangerous every year. The parking structure at the mall near me has police alerts constantly, from the niggers preying on people there.
Amazon is the new Sears. Once upon a time, people bought everything from sears, mail order, even houses. We're back to that. Malls and "mall culture" are over.

i worked in a bowling ally/arcade/laser tag facility for a decade
fucking cancerous i was so happy i finally took initiative and got a real job.
fuck childrens birthday parties and fuck soda

I love my local bowling alley. I'm a shitty bowler, but it's fun to meet up with a few friends a Saturday night every month or so and throw some gutter balls :^)

Strip malls are dying out, fast. The ones around me, which have been here since the 80's, are going fast - they get their rents jacked up, the original companies who were there decades leave, then it's a rotating door of massage/nail joints, then it's torn down and something new built. The only function strip malls are the satellite shops at the mall near me, the same ones you see at every mall now - Panda Express, Jamba Juice, AT&T.

Brick and mortar as a whole is dying. You just can't compete with Amazon.

Malls are the MSM of shopping.

Someone explain to me how crime even fucking happens in a mall. Its a large enclosed space and youre surrounded by hundreds of people.

Unironically this. No point going to a mall where there might be niggers around ruining everything when you can just shop for anything you want online

My local 30 yr old mall is doing fine.

We don't tolerate niggers. TN reporting in.

>What happened to all the malls, bowling alleys, and arcades?
Amazon, millennials, and home gaming.

Niggers.

Good co-workers, fun music, cool inventory, hell I dated a girl for two years after meeting through there.

Forever 21, Uniqlo, Macy's, and Anthropologie.

The one I worked at actually increased traffic by adding some decent restaurants to it.

In spite of everything, I persevered.

I think someone will go on a killing spree before that happens.

They were shit then too.

Malls have become after-school centers for teenage niggers. Strip malls are a big thing now because no air conditioning so cheaper to operate and it don't attract them.

Physical spaces are decreasing in size and online spaces are increasing in size. 20 years from now people won't be crying about the malls anymore, but instead how nobody can afford a McMansion. You'll be updating your Instacrack and shitposting on Sup Forums in your tiny Japanese style apartment.

They still exist in the southern region.

Cell phones destroyed all of those things.

Arcades rarely exist now because of >the good arcade games are overpriced at 75 cents to a dollar, per play
>games are really outdated
>console gaming
>arcades not creating a community for arcade games (no community membership deals etc)
>arcade shops dont host video game tournaments, when they do though, rarely do they allow the TOs that have been established by the community of that game being hosted run it. This leads to a major shit show from not offical rulesets, bad bracket seedings, and terrible bracket flow.
>A lot of the old arcade traditons in gaming have died, such as the high score chalk board.
>The 25-1 classics machines instead of individual classics machines
>lack of innovative games that push the envolope in arcade games
>refusal to adapt to the times and get console games put in and get a system to charge players money for using those consoles. Other thing is allowing other people to bring in their vidya set ups and providing them with a space to play.
Makes me mad when i see arcades do this shit, cause i fucking love arcades.

I never go to the malls on the weekends. It's like a tidal wave of niggers floods the place.

We've also got the go-to leagues in town, which is pretty stable

Three main factors:
1. niggers
2. online shopping
3. games that cost less money, can be played at home and are more fun

>Whites keep moving further and further away to escape them
BEHOLD!

A vision of the FUTURE!