Tell an uncultured Amerifat the truth, Sup Forums. I don't trust those faggots on Sup Forums. Is 'traveling' a meme?

Tell an uncultured Amerifat the truth, Sup Forums. I don't trust those faggots on Sup Forums. Is 'traveling' a meme?

What do people actually do?

I don't drink alcohol. Castles are cool, but otherwise I don't really care about museums or art. I'm not interested in sleeping around, and even if I was, I know any girl who is willing to bang some random tourist was also probably getting fucked by Jamel and Tyrone last night.

Sure, there's lots of beautiful nature out there, but I'm certain there's also lots of beautiful places inside the United States I can visit for a fraction of the cost, and without having to worry about the language barrier.

I like new experiences and exploration. It's best if you travel with friends and family.

>only 14% of burgers hold passports
>inc. all diplomats, sportspeople and celebs

I'm certain the corollary of ignorance is purely incidental, onan...

Traveling is what I call noble consumption.
>muh studies show that money spent on experiences leads to more happiness than on things
>tajmahal.png
>brown people bring spicy food to me
>instead of having kids
Fuck traveling.

you can still travel around america, in fact you should see as much old america as possible while you still can

And of that 14%, how many think they're 'enlightened' because they walked around a couple of cities and ate at foreign few restaurants?

Traveling is 100% a meme.

It's just another way for people to try to prove they are "cool" and "cultured" and their life isn't completely meaningless (spoiler alert it is)

What kind of new experiences does traveling offer, though?

Nothing meaningful unless you want to actually move there or start a business venture there.

Some places can be worth seeing, depending on your interests, but it's become a trend to travel just for the sake of traveling.
Idiots just wanna post pictures on facebook and show off to their friends.

If you truly travel (as in live in a foreign country for months at a time among the natives) you will discover that all over the world people go about their daily lives the same way you do. Eventually your life abroad will feel just as mundane as it was at home, when the novelty of the new location wears off.

I guess travelling gives you perspective, but don't expect it will be a mind-blowing one.

Every person has a different idea but to me it makes sense to travel if there is something I really want to see in person like the pyramids or something like that. Maybe learn about some epic battle that changed the history of western civilization and then go visit that area or something. But some people just like to travel without all of this meaning just to meet people and talk to them. Normies will come here go the beach for a couple of weeks and visit a couple of cool places and that's pretty much it.

this. it's basically virtue signaling at this point.

but you can take a cruise OP. get an adults only cruise. the point of a cruise is literally just to relax for a bit, eat tons of food, play vidya in your cabin all day or go to the pool or a movie.

So you go to visit geographic locations you already know all about just to see it? Seems like a waste of thousands of dollars to me.

I traveled Europe with an American. All they want to do is eat.

was he a big guy?

Only three reasons to ever travel.

1. Single, you want to fuck foreigners.
2. Holiday with family.
3. Work.

>I know you are, but what am I? © (tm)

protip --

Travelling is an expensive hobby. But yes that's something I would be ok with doing, just to feel the place.

I would rather go to Italy, walk inside the Coliseum or whatever and imagine how there were gladiators dying there 2k years ago than get wasted 24 7 on a beach resort which is something I can do here.

>you will discover that all over the world people go about their daily lives the same way you do.

this is what i've always figured. the grass is always greener, except in third-world shitholes.

I remember this scene in the book The Sun Also rises where the awkward Jew wannabe writer tries to get the main guy to go to South America with him, and the guy tells him that going to a different place will not let him escape himself. That hit me hard as an angst filled teenager. I think I'm a lot like that Jew in general

i struggle with this
i always wanted to travel the world and see the different cultures for what they are but the more i think of it the more i realize its just a meme

I want to visit afghanistan, seems like pretty cool country. If I had money I'll visit Afghanistan, Britain and Africa.

Lets see. The US is about the size of the EU.

I can drive at 70+ miles for 10 hours and still be in Texas. So no shit we don't hop around from country to country.

Most EU countries are tiny as fuck.

psycho-geographics, 'feeling' other places, feeling the people's spirits. It's not just sights.

Stuff like snorkeling is pretty fun too.

Traveling used to mean seeing different cultures but thanks to globalization and diversity everywhere is basically the same. Just stay home and learn your own country.

I seriously don't understand why people travel. Is throwing towels on the floor of your hotel room really that fun?

It's the same bullshit everywhere.

Travel! See the world, and embrace other cultures! Surely no ill would come of it. Though be sure to stay in tourist areas, clean and prosperous bubbles supported by your economic stimulus. Don't go and see the country side, definitely don't visit any slums. I mean, why would you want to see how people really live when you can delude yourself with an unrealistic fantasy instead?

Traveling is mind expansion for the liberal with disposable income. It is feel good adventuring where their eyes can be permanently turned away from all harshness and suffering in the world. It in itself is like an abstract form of pandering. It is an experience that pulls as your emotive sense instead of your rational mind.
If you want life experience which imparts lessons universally applicable to all places and peoples then read some traditionalist literature.

If you're not doing it for art, nature, cuisine, or thrills or you're not fundamentally interested in a place in general then you're wasting your money. There's plenty of shit I'd love to see out there in the world, but it's not a basic necessity to go travelling.

>being so poor that you spend all day rationalizing why traveling sucks on a Burmese glass blowing forum

This.

I have a passport and I work at a liquor store.

Used to go on mission trips to equador as a teenager. place is a shithole.