I've always been a Christian my entire life...

I've always been a Christian my entire life, but there is one aspect I never understood about the Bible's description of God.

How can God be a jealous God? Isn't jealousy a human characteristic and a negative one at that? Jealousy is never seen as a positive when describing a person so if God is all perfect and knowing wouldn't he be above jealousy and would that not stil be a negatuive aspect?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he wants you to love HIM and not false Gods -- he wants you more than you can imagine

also, envy of the trash that other people have is not good. Jealousy for the love of another is always good -- to desire one for you and you alone -- marriage results -- sacred bond.

it's a quirk of language and there are different meanings for the word 'jealous'. in this case it was probably meant in its root meaning- zeal or zealous which has more to do with being careful than it does envy.

Doesn't Gods say don't worship any Gods before me? Isn't that implying that there are other Gods?

Would your father be jealous if you started loving and admiring another man as your father? Jealousy is usually attached to sexual or romantics connotations. But jealousy has many different connotations. In this case, it's about a father who loves his children, and wants to guide them down the right path, and can't do that if His children disown Him and chose to follow a false parent.

If you were capable of creating life and then the ungrateful little shits start giving credit to someone else you'd be pissed too

>I've always believed in Hamito-Semitic descriptions of flying prophets.

Why? The philosophical belief in God and Biblical narrative are two different things.

Because the Bible's God is really just the Demiurge.

>Isn't jealousy a human characteristic
Aren't humans made in God's image?

you tell me
for 2 chromosomes to fuse together in a mutation, I could believe that
but 4 chromosomes? yeah nah we didnt come from apes they were a template

gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn.html
Read all of this, it addresses your question directly.

This is what gnostic (satanic heretics) actually believe

Op that's just a way of explaining things on a level that humans understand. Using their language. There are no other gods, so to worship anyone but the one true God would be a grievous error. Some false gods are actually demons (allah) who will ensnare your soul like a spider should you worship them. The stakes are very high

Moses threw it on the ground and it became a snake, and he ran from it. 4 Then the Lord said to him, “Reach out your hand and take it by the tail.” So Moses reached out and took hold of the snake and it turned back into a staff in his hand. 5 “This,” said the Lord, “is so that they may believe that the Lord, the God of their fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has appeared to you.”

>throw staff
>turns into a snake
>sign that god has appeared to you

from what I read in the previous book it seems more like a sign of the serpent/satan/demiurge

It's rhetoric to help brain-wash people into being unable to think critically about what they are worshiping. It goes hand-in-hand with fear-mongering.

DUDE KILL YOUR SON LMAO

No, there are no others. The greedy man worships money. His life revolves around nothing else. The lascivious man worships sex. The idolator invents his own deities to worship.

This commandment is that you shouldn't do any of these things. That you should worship the Lord first and foremost.

Jealousy can mean: "fiercely protective or vigilant of one's rights or possessions" and that is the meaning in this context.

I am jealous god.

Well think about it retard, God made us in his image. That means with a foreskin and all the mental problems he has. So he's probably a pedo, a murderer, a thief, an egomaniac, suicidal, a victim of selfharming, etc. it's up to us to suppress them as best as possible.

Well it wasn't originally written in English, for starters.

No but people esteem and worship demons and devils and call them gods like the pagan, Greek, Roman, Egyptian, etc,

Remember that idolatry was extremely prevalent back then, present in all the nations except Israel (and debatebly zoroastrian Persia).

The idols of the nations were demons. It all goes back to pre-flood days, and immediately after it, when fallen angels and their giant offspring (nephilim) wandered the Earth.

Genesis 6
>4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Satan pls go

What is a Demiurge? It sounds like a piece of furniture.

>what is a test of faith
it's ok you probably won't pass

Lol you sound like a jealous sibling trying to be dad's favorite

old testament isn't canon

A product of platonic philosophy and neoplatonist dualism. The demiurge is supposed to be the "failed creator" who created all things material, including man. And subsequently tricked angels into his creation, which i supposed to be our souls, trapped in the body.

Gnosticism was an attempt at syncretism between this and Christianity. There were several sects saying several things, the Basilidians for example said that there exists many archons, sort of god-godess pairs, every god-child being in a lower position, made to mate with a sister godess-child. They gave all sort of fantastic names to these supposed beings. But in the end there was Sophia, wisdom, a hermafrodite being who inpregnated herself giving birth to the demiurg.

Later, medieval neognostic sects made the demiurg equal to the devil, Satan.

They said that the God of the Old testament was the demiurg and not the same with the Father of the New Testament, which is utter nonsense and easily disproved. Also, they said that you should to the inverse of the Ten Commandments because it was written by the demiurg. So marriage and honouring your parents are bad.