Why do millennials question religion but not science?

Why do millennials question religion but not science?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=end of world predictions
youtube.com/watch?v=7L7VTdzuY7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=pHqPF30jg2w
climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/#footnote_1
youtube.com/watch?v=ji2cvuJ1mYg&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

too stupid to think for themselves
Ironic when talking about defending religion, I know, but it seems people born near the year ~2000 have an innate lack of the ability to critically think

Science = Facts
Religion = Made up stories by stupid people 1000 years ago

Soe ain't aging well

>Why does *generalizes tens of millions of people*

Why do individuals post dumb shit like this on image boards?

> it seems people born near the year ~2000 have an innate lack of the ability to critically think

Certainly no less than the generations before them who were completely taken in by religion, the media, and politicians.

>Why do millennials question religion but not science?
>A philosophy of belief and not questioning.
>A philosophy of questioning everything as a method.
Gee.

Sure they do. They question genetic anthropology and statistics :^)

>Science
>Made up stories

Pick both.

>claims science is made up
>is using an advanced piece of computer tech to post on the internet

Do you drive a car? Ever been in an elevator?

If science is made up, then there is literally no such thing as facts.

Looks good to me.

Most people are just NPCs. It's possible evolution "decided" that a population can only support so many people really able to think on multiple levels.

I don't mean to say they are all stupid, exactly. Like... They could read a scientific paper and understand it but it would not occur to them to read into who did the science, who pays him, what he will and won't say to keep getting paid etc. Those are the different levels.

Now day science isn't really science.

When someone tells a scientist to, "Prove it," at least they try. :^)

that bitch is loud as hell. she was playing foosball backstage at a lan i was at and she was screaming obscenities at the top of her lungs the whole time as she was losing

how do you know the devil isnt making computers work just to confuse people?

science is able to question itself, regligion is not

>made up stories

Except a lot of characters and events in the Bible can be traced to factual sources and locations.

And a lot of time they're either wrong or just straight-up lie

They've predicted the world running out of fossile fule and this planet dying due to global warming/cooling/climate change quite a few times now

Doesnt stop religioncucks to just move the goalposts though

Nah, I respect civil engineers and scientists advancing technology.

That's not what is meant though with "Science," capital S.

Gender is on a spectrum.
We're all Africans.
Stephen Hawking claiming he disproved God.

This all belongs in the trash, along with you.

[citation needed]

>I agree with you but you belong in the trash

>Gender is on a spectrum

This isn't science.

>We're all Africans

You're taking this out of context

>Stephen Hawking claiming he disproved God

Never happened

Kill yourself faggot.

Watch that Al Gore shit show, "Inconvenient Truth"

Scientists claim that at this rate, Florida will be submerged in the ocean by 7 years ago.

Just ponder on that for a while you fucking idiot Science believers. Realize that a lot of it is shit.

Can't tell if you're either lazy or a complete idiot

lmgtfy.com/?q=end of world predictions

>Never happened

I would beat you to death.

Do some research you fucking moron.

Bullshit
Millenials don't know anything about science
also science and religion often intertwign
I am currently an agnostic used to be athiest
I'm trying to look through religions and see if any reach me
the small perfections and coincidences of the world make me wonder if there is a higher power

Even if I come out with nothing, I will still hate these non thinking athiests, who think they are so smart for not beleiving in god, an act that takes no effort at all

Then they use this as an excuse to be fucking whores (male and female sluts should be shamed, I don't know why feminists want it to stop for females when it should just be shaming for both)

Disgusting excuses for human beings, no better than just complex animals, with no purpose for themselves, only pleasure.

science is only as good as its axioms. and far too often today, those axioms include appeals to authority, appeals to political correctness, appeals to muh feels, etc. and science cares about none of these things. true science is an autistic, heartless bastard.

Because to them, "science" is whatever they believe in. If liberals actually gave a fuck about science, we wouldn't have immigration or feminism.

>Religious people are seriously relying on, "End of the world," politics and conflating it with science.
>The same religion with entire chapters devoted to end of the world scenarios they still believe.
You can't make this shit up.

>I would beat you to death

I would put a moonroof in your thick skull. I'm not going to research your bullshit claims. Provide a source or shut the fuck up you pimple-faced faggot.

I want to pinch her cheeks desu

Had to watch that video back in high school. Sucks that public school teachers are basically cultists that force their agenda down young student's throats

>that bitch
Soe? I have no idea who the other one is.

This. Most people just react to stimuli in a predetermined manner. If you give them any information that doesn't fit in with their model of the world theyll ignore it outright even if it's hard evidence like a video or something. The only reason they even experience emotions is just so they can flatter their narcissistic selves.

Honestly beginning to understand what most serial killers are on about, feeling bad about offing one of these soulless husks is like feeling bad about squashing a bug

I've seen some correlate the left to a religion, when a better comparison is a cult

>questioning science

Questioning science is what science is, you dumb bitch.

>Hurr science is sponsored by the government, they can't lie to me!!!
They kill the children's mind and logic in schools.

Stop sending your children to school.

Look it up you fucking idiot.

You would not be the first person I'd kill.

science is more convincing nowadays

Because they don't understand how science works, like most people.

Let me know when there exists a religion I care about that predicts the end of the world

Hint: There isn't one, and there never will be

>Certainly no less than the generations before them who were completely taken in by religion, the media, and politicians.
Good point. The cycle continues

Because humans are stupid.

Literally Jesus is a personification of the sun, and was never real.

>[citation needed]
oh look, a teenage summerfag. don't you have some reading to do?

>can't even source his own claims

Like I said, I'm not doing your work for you. You wont kill anyone you gigantic fucking pussy. The only thing you would do when confronted is start sucking dick because it's your natural state.

Product of a post-enlightenment society. Maybe a little marxist influence from academia.

>In denial about Science being a load of shit.

But muh cumpooterz.

Probably made by someone that believed in God.

>Jesus is a personification of the sun
No

>Religions don't have end of the world scenarios!
You poor child.

>I don't care about religion.
Glad we agree.

as I said in thread
these things are more like complex animals than what I would call "human"
most of them only look to their own pleasure
nothing is important to them asside from ideals they are told to like
they might as well be dogs, sitting when told
too bad they are told to speak far to often
it's disgusting we share this planet with them

They only accept science when it matches their own beliefs

>this poster prayed to get his response on Sup Forums, instead of typing

if you just follow along it doesn't matter if you're right, you will receive some support in any case

the flipside is of course that you must be ok with the basic support society gives to you. You will never be better because you have found nothing yourself

This, the bell curve and inherent differences between the sexes are science too but are rejected or ignored outright by the neil degrasse Tyson pole smokers. They only use science in a way that confirms their religious beliefs about the world just like everyone else who came before them.

The problem now is they don't have any issue violating the 1rst amendment with their religious beliefs because they're incapable of understanding that they're a member of a religion just like everyone else.

True atheists are actually exceptionally rare, I'm finding

I would literally beat you to death and smash your fucking teeth in.

Stephen King claimed he "scientifically" disproved God. If you're too lazy to look it up yourself then you deserve the hellfire that awaits you. Truth is too much for you.

>Science = Facts
lol, not in this day and age. You can't even trust peer reviewed studies anymore.
I always take every new "discovery" with a grain of salt.

>Stephen King

>Being this fucking stupid.
>Flag
>Checks out.

>be millennial
>believe global warming
>doesnt believe populations reproductively isolated for 10's of thousands of years could evolve differently

That's a good question!

I question science frequently. For example, when they discover a "new planet" around some star. Bullshit! all they discovered was an impreceptibly small variation in the light from a star. even our most powerful telescopes can't see a distant planet.

Modern medicine is mostly meta studies. Just data crunching health and diet habits and massage the number until it "proves" sugar is bad, or good, or whatever the researcher wants.

Just because some science is correct doesn't mean all science is.

See: man-made global warming baloney.

that's because true athiests usually end up converting or becoming agnostic
look at Dawkins recently it looks like he's close to coming to the conclusion that spreading athiesm is cancer, and that these morons have no morality on their own without god telling them what to do

Oh shit, you got me on a typo.

Fuck I guess I lost.

No, not really. Stephen Hawking still claims he scientifically disproved God.

One day you'll look it up.

Research in technology aside, Science is a lot of horse-shit like what Hawking spews out.

only superficial differences like melanin and eye color desu. only superficial things.

I did look it up.

The source of him saying it is, "El Mundo."

>See: man-made global warming baloney.

user...

if it's not correct then it by definition isn't science

>only the science the republicans tell me to believe is ok

None of you dumb fucks have so much as mentioned reproducability yet. The scientific method doesn't lend itself at all, not one single fucking bit, to dogma.

When some sadistic pedo fuck like John Money can cauterize some little boy's dick off and call him a girl, heralding his preconceived conclusion as success because the kid he tortured thinks he's a woman, you haven't proven the existence of "gender".

These "social sciences" are fucking toxic. The only thing giving psychology any genuine credibility, besides that there are too many whales trying to inject their half-baked philosophies in order to justify deviant behavior.

Science and the scientific method aren't a problem, it's people treating their horrible studies as empirical when it supports a given bias.

Fuck.

>I did look it up.
>The source of him saying it is, "El Mundo."

Alright dude. Holy shit. I concede.

Your research skills are so fucking bad that I will link it for you:

youtube.com/watch?v=7L7VTdzuY7Y

You win, bro. You should explain this Science though ^

youtube.com/watch?v=pHqPF30jg2w

the one on the left maybe cute for now, but the wrinkles she already has, tell she won't age well

You haven't provided a single fucking source. Everything Hawking says isn't considered science (even by him). You don't actually understand what constitutes a fact from fiction, so I'm not surprised. Basically people like you should be put in work camps since you're basically a danger to yourself an everyone around you.

>2017
>people choosing religion over science
Religion - Some made up children-tier miracle story.
Science - A process that always follows the evidence, makes predictions, and comes up with conclusions what is very likely or unlikely. Doesn't claim everything to be 100% true, is open to discussion and questioning.

I choose science.

>One senile man's ramblings refutes international peer reviewed consensus

Science don't real!

>God is redundant to the creation of the universe because we have actual working theories on this now.
Yes? And he's right. And just like religion has done for thousands of years you'll retreat and redefine your god or claim that Genesis is a "metaphor" or "symbolic" to move the goal posts. You'll redefine god and the meaning of your holy book to stay relevant in a time that's moving faster than you can revise your wording.

I can tell all you did was read the sensationalist headlines.

I think you could refer to science like news
news that doesn't present fact or is misrepresenting fact is fake news, not actually news
same goes to science
I'm not argueing against you, I am saying that you are argueing that global warming isn't science, which I'm not going to support or deny, as I don't have much knowledge in that field.

>one scientist who founded an entire media empire on weather study does not have a valid opinion on weather-based science

>Why do millennials question religion but not science?

science is the constant questioning of everything. religion is fairy tales to scare children into behaving.

they only deny/question things that negatively impact their fucked up world view - period

Just because some science is fact doesn't mean it all is - too much of science is biased in a way that either supports the hand that feeds or that supports the desired result - cui bono

>Doesn't claim everything to be 100% true, is open to discussion and questioning.

This

Sup Forums is the right wing counterpart of the SJW and we wuz kangz movements. Rationality and objectivism doesn't have a place here

See, this is what im talking about. You don't know how science works. Just because he founded the weather channel doesn't mean he gets to dispute the data. You're using a logical fallacy (appeal to authority). I would say it's not your fault, but as Trump said: "There is no excuse for not being informed"

if it's not fact or biased it isn't science
do you just not understand the concept?
you should question everything proclaimed to be science, in order to see if it actually is science

Scientific facts are proven through collective observation. Religion has yet to be proven.
Enlighten us then. How does thinking critically prove the existence of god? In science, you critique theories in an attempt disprove them. Scientists welcome and encourage critique.

Fucking tired of feminists, SJWs, and retarded conservatives throwing around the term "critical thinking," thereby devaluing its meaning.

Because science is their religion.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but only about 35% of the studies the IPCC went through actually corresponded with their views. A little over 60% of the scientists asked to sign the report refused, because they either disagreed, or thought the results were inconclusive.

but they don't actually support science, they only support what they proclaim to be science

Many people disputed the data, he describes how they (politicians) took those who bought into it and funded their research, giving scientists a huge incentive to support global warming.

climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/#footnote_1

The data is very clear, and so is the consensus.

She's a kike thats why

Because you're not meant to treat Science as a faith. Science is a set of tools you use to measure reality and to discern what is and isn't true to reality. You can question the scientific means that were used but you can't question "science" itself because it makes no sense.

Science is not a religion.

>Many people disputed the data
[citation needed]

The ((people)) who disputed the data were fossil fuel companies who suppressed their own research that came to the same conclusion as the rest of the world's scientists.

Bro. I'm sorry. But Science is shit. Almost everything we say about the past (pre-History) is pure conjecture. The Big Bang Theory, how old the universe is, how old the Earth is, how the moon came to be, when Dinosaurs actually existed, etc. because when you realize the margins for error, they practically have no real information about anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=ji2cvuJ1mYg&t

A lot of other science is politicized bullshit like Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth and Gender being on a spectrum.

Outside of technological advancement, "Science" is a false dogma.

You prove the point

Exactly, and any actual science that goes against their performed beliefs is ignored or attacked. See: Charles Murray's entire career

No one is saying science is perfect, that isn't it's purpose. Even scientists themselves don't think the work they do or the conclusions they come to are perfect. You fundamentally don't understand the purpose of science. The point is that without the scientific method, facts literally don't exist. You would sit here and shit all over science and then ask me to open a bible?

HAHAHA that's not what he says, retard.

Yeah, you are in fucking denial. Please find the whole video of that clip I sent you (you'll probably make me do it). No retard, Hawking claims he disproves God. He says he has the math to show it too.

You are in fucking denial. Science outside of technology research is trash and dogmatic.