Why is it that when people suggest a return of Paganism, they automatically refer to Norse and not Greco-Roman?

Why is it that when people suggest a return of Paganism, they automatically refer to Norse and not Greco-Roman?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycenaean_Greece
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/barren
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because "muh ancestorz"

I've asked this question in the past but have gotten no solid answer aside from
>muh modern day southern europeans are arab shitskins
>romans wuz aryans

But, that's not even a proper answer and has nothing to do with the question at hand.

Neo-paganists are meme worshippers?

Why do you assume that "Pagan" religions are unrelated in anyway when they are all the same religion with localized names and minor changes. This is how you know someone is a LARPER when they think that paganism is unique to its culture. People like that are just tourist along for the aesthetics.

Why is it that when people think of the greatest moments in white history they think of Dark Ages Scandinavia rather than the Classical or Renaissance Eras?

Because it's a bunch of american and euros influenced by americans, who are at the spearhead of the neo-pagan hipster movements.

Most white americans have nordic blood, hence their attachment to nordic religions. I myself happen to study Med mythology and this topic interests me greatly.

The further north you go...you get women like this.

Greco-Romans where bunch of degenerates. I recommend to read De Civitas Dei on that.

>Greco-Roman?
Classical Philologist with a focus on Latin and Greek here
Because Roman (and Greek) mythology was garbage, 90% of the stories were about senseless rape and the gods were faggots.
>inb4 picture from a jew writing about Odin drinking cum
Pathetic

I think there are actually some greeks that are neo-pagans

Anyways, i think it's because the greek culture is seen as the birth of civilization and the end of tribal days
Norse culture on the other hand is seen as a tribal culture that survived longer than most in europe and was long seen as a thorn in the side of the christian and developed world, so people might want to be that thorn more than just something old

Might also be because the greco-roman pagans were slowly sifted away

because greeks were nordigz and shiet

Man it would be cool if we worshipped Zeus, Apolllo, Athena etc.

Because Greco-Roman paganism is still the foundations of today's western societies. Those who larp as pagans are reactionaries and want to revert to a more tribal religion, the Greek Pantheon is way too humanized (in contrast to Norse) to give out this tribalistic regression

Also, because Odin drinks cum as this gentleman pointed out

The “civilization“ was Deutung their pagan days.
Just fucking read up on the deities and myths, don't try to make your explanation too complicated. The reason why nobody would pray to them nowadays is because it's really dumb and gay shit for the most part.
The Germanic religion has a lot of shit a warrior can respect The medreligion of old is... different.
I mean,the stories can be very interesting,but nothing seems godlike to modern sensibilities, the med gods were literally just drunk, selfish assholes who fucked each other and humanity over all the time, the northern gods had a much more positive attitude towards humans

I pointed out that Jewish propaganda claims it.
And I don't mean Jewish in the Sup Forums sense, the guy was a literal leftist jew who loved trannies.
Medgods were unlikable dicks.

Because Greco-Roman myths require more thought and effort. When people say Paganism they mean rpgs and Thor.

Roman myths were a mix of Greek Gods, Italian rituals and ancestor worship. If you really want to understand the role of myths in human life you should watch Jordan Peterson's Maps of Meaning. You should also study Roman history, because events and emperors played a huge influence in public beliefs.

That book was Christian propaganda.

>why do the descendants of Germanics talk about Germanic gods?

I have no idea OP. I'm sure that if you could read Greek they'd be talking about Greek gods

This right here. The Greek gods and Norse gods are similar gods with similar aspects and different aspects and different names. The same is true of the Roman gods, they don't correspond 1:1 with the Greek gods like they teach you in school. Same was true for Egyptian gods. The Greeks identified their own gods with everybody else's including the Norse/Germanic. Odin they said was Mercury for example and Tyr was Ares. Thor was Hercules or sometimes Ares too just like Hercules was sometimes Mars.

They didn't identify anything with the filthy disgusting semitic desert god Yahweh/Jehovah though because if was a foreign deity and a false god of the filthy disgusting pathological lying race of parasite jews. Death go all of the jews. Want to worship a jewish god? You can die with them for all I care. The god of Jesus was not the same as the god of the Hebrews anyways and any pathetic Christian idiot who believes this didn't read their own fucking book. Even Jesus mocks the jewish scriptures when he quotes them but this is lost on most Christians, especially Protestants who here in the US are essentially messianic jews who even circumcise their pricks

>Because Greco-Roman myths require more thought and effort
No they don't.
T. Literal professional on the subject.

The reason why nobody would pray to them nowadays is because they were huge dicks.
It really is that simple

If you don't know anything about a topic, SHUT THE FUCK UP. You're either a liar or an awful classical philologist.

The better question is why aren't you praying to the true Pagan god?

MOLOCH?

Polytheism is retarded in the way that modern LARPer pagans believe. The Hindu polytheism has only survived because of its pantheist views that make many = 1.

2manygods4me

Might have something to do with Germanics never worshipping Grecco or Roman gods.

a thread died for this shit.

The Greeks got their pantheon from indo European invaders who raped the meds about 3,5k years ago, before that they prayed to some gay mother goddess.
Read up on indo European migrations and mykenian Greece
That aside, no the Greek and Roman gods and the Germanic gods only have superficial similarities.
You're wrong about a lot of stuff but I'm phoneposting so do yourself a favour and stick to reading.

>I pointed out that Jewish propaganda claims it. And I don't mean Jewish in the Sup Forums sense, the guy was a literal leftist jew who loved trannies.

Come on Hans, i was shitposting.

>Medgods were unlikable dicks.

Well duh, the Greek pantheon was redpilled. Just because someone has great power over people and people worship them, does not guarantee that he won't abuse it. You need to read between the lines to appreciate the Greek pantheon

>Greco-Roman myths give you stories about the indomitable human spirit like Herakles
>Or stories about personal hubris like Echo and Narcissus
>Norse myths teach you how to get construction discounts with bestiality

Because you already live in a world where you worship Greek gods.

Because most pagans are Germanic or think they are Germanic.

The Roman countries have a much deeper and longer connection to Catholicism/Christianinism, so they already have something that feeds their spirituality.

why the fuck would anybody want to revert to paganism

Honestly, Christ and God is where it's at, why worship a tree????

Neither a liar not uninformed, you are though.
They had a different view on rape back then, which isn't even that horrible, my main point remains that even if they wouldn't have transformed into all kinds of animals to rape boys,girls and women, they'd still be unlikable dicks.
And people don't pray to unlikable assholes if they don't fear them.

because paganfags are just nordicuck KANGZ larping

Because of Kristian Vikernes

>The Greeks got their pantheon from indo European invaders who raped the meds about 3,5k years ago

Now you are shitposting. Greece was a barren fucking rock back then, anatolia was the fertile strip between the continents. You have absolutely no clue for "literal professional" on the fucking subject. There was never an easterner invasion (that you propose with your "indo european" faggotry) back then because it would have made literally no fucking sense for anyone to migrate here

No you need to read up you fucking stupid Turk. There were no Greeks prior to the so-called Dorian invasion. There was Pelesgians. And I said that the gods had similarities and differences. They're not different gods entirely they are all ultimately from proto indo Europeans.

Don't ever tell me to read up you ignorant fucking roach I guarantee I've read a lot more than you. Jesus Christ Germany is truly gone isn't it? Die you piece of shit. Just fucking die

Still snitching

I suggest Slavic paganism.

nigga are you serious? do you not know about the Minoan civilization and its indoeuropeanization into the Mycenean civilization?
and the invasion would most likely be from the Balkans

>You need to read between the lines to appreciate the Greek pantheon
I'm a classical philologist, appreciating it is part of my job.
I never said they were bad gods, for their time they were quite interesting,I just explained why nobody would pray to them anymore in modern times which is the topic of this thread.
People nowadays have a positive image of God ingrained in them and since the Greek gods simply weren't that way there's no reason to venerate them as nobody would fear them anymore.
>Now you are shitposting. Greece was a barren fucking rock back then
Stopped reading there.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycenaean_Greece
It was a pretty High civilization for its time and linear B, the oldest European way of writing with actual letters came from 15 hundred BC
>barren rock
You're a dumb count and probably think Greek history began with Athens and Sparta, huh?
Read a fucking book you goddamn uneducated nigger.

I agree on the fact that it doesn't make sense to worship them anymore. Honestly, Paganism seems to be the poor man's philosophy. The whole scene is cringeworthy.

The god who throws thunders is in all pagan forms

An interesting picture to say the least.

I keep picturing the scene from Conan where Conan prays to Crom but knows he wont do anything so he adds

> "and if you wont help me than to hell with you"

You still have no idea what you're talking about and I obviously used Greek loosely as a term for people living there, med tribes have been around there long before that.
As I said, shut the fuck up, read a book and stop being so arrogant.

Do you have any book you'd recommend on the subject? You sound sincere and I like this topic.

Because the Norse pantheon is way cooler than the Greek.

Indoeuropwhatever is a fucking meme. Minoans were traders but indigenous to Crete. What the fuck are you talking about? Also, how the fuck can you say with a straight face about easterner invasion from the fucking balkans?

To sum it up the indoeuropeons are litteraly out-of-africa tier theory

You absolute faggot, i didn't claim that we wuz nords fucking sheep and hanging from trees, i said that the land was infertile because the terrain was rocky and mountainous. How the fuck can you not comprehend that a rough terrain does not mean stupid people but quite the fucking contrary?

Ever wonder why northerners were late comers in civilization development?

>inb4 picture from a jew writing about Odin drinking cum

You mad boi odin was a faggot , loki was a transgender. and most of pagans practice homosexuality , also lots of jews like WEEV larp as pagans.

The last One I read in that field was the illustrated Odyssey by E V Rieu.
You can ignore the actual content of the book if you want to, but the first 20pages of it were written by a lady who basically gives a historical context for the book and explains ancient Greek history from the very ancient beginnings inof a succinct manner, including immigration and how they got their gods, how the old high culture fell and why and even why they lost their old way of writing and had to rediscover a new one

LEL

>Indoeuropwhatever is a fucking meme
sure thing mate, some random shitposter on Sup Forums probably knows better than what linguists/archeologists/geneticists/etc... have done in the last two centuries
guess you have a better theory about how Greeks suddenly start talking Greek, a language so much related to other Indo-European languages

>Minoans were traders but indigenous to Crete
the minoan civilization spanned the whole Aegean, in fact, before discovering the fortress of Knossos, it was known as "Aegean civilization"
do you just think it's a coincidence the palace of Troy, Knossos, Mycenea and Tyrnis are so fucking similar as well as their burial practices?

I haven't talked about eastern invaders, not sure who threw the term "east" here, but Indo-Euros would come from the north in the case of greece

Thanks, I'll take a look at it!

>i didn't claim that we wuz nords fucking sheep and hanging from trees
Never said you did, m8

> i said that the land was infertile because the terrain was rocky and mountainous. How the fuck can you not comprehend that a rough terrain does not mean stupid people but quite the fucking contrary?
HAHAHA
Nice backpeddling
>Greece had a high culture 3,5k years ago
>nuh it was a barren rock Anatolia was the shit!
>link
>actually I was saying that they were super cool because the land was barren and they still did shit!
Loser.
That aside, no the land was not barren, Greece actually had pretty good weather for farming.

>Ever wonder why northerners were late comers in civilization development?
Actually they were about as far as the Greeks back then, they just hadn't moved to Europe yet for the most part and we know little about their origins.
Which isn't due to them being super far advanced, ancient Greece was just a lot dirtier and shittier than you might think. Movies don't really do it justice.

Seems quite simple

Because people from Italy/Greece aren't suggesting for a return to Paganism?

Depends on what material you read... Most of it is worthless-tier unenlightened speculation (to the point that you're better off reconstructing yourself)
>e.g.:Most material lists Zeus as the Sun, despite being named Jupiter & being mostly associated with thunder
Jupiter = Sagittarius, sometimes pisces
>Cronus = Saturn = Capricorn, sometimes Aquarius
Ouranus = Uranus = Aquarius & only Aquarius

>notice there are 12 primordial gods. 12 titans, 12 gods
The zodiac is represented in each generation of "gods" & the leader is always a representation of the successive astrological age

To my understanding Norse does not share a view of timeline like this
> most stuff actually compares Thor to Zeus btw

>why worship a tree?
Why worship a kike?

>Indoeuropwhatever is a fucking meme.

>To sum it up the indoeuropeons are litteraly out-of-africa tier theory

Wrong. There are various similarities between ancient Indian mythology and ancient European mythology which points to some common prehistoric source. For example, Indra (i.e. the Indian god of thunder) and Zeus (i.e. the Greek god of thunder) are both the ruler of Heaven in their own pantheons, they both use a lightning bolt as their weapon, they are both womanisers and they both live on a mountain (Mount Meru for Indra and Mount Olympus for Zeus). There are many more similarities like this. There's a common source.

Because they were at odds with them...

I'm Christian, m8, if you See the truth as a personal attack against you do some soul searching.
Np

I'd reckon it has to do with modern Greeks and Italians being complete failures

It's more a matter of traditional christianity being more deeply rooted, kinda like islam in germany

Because the majority of the pagan posters are of nordic/germanic heritage.
I don't see many greeks or italians talking about their ancestral gods. and that is your problem.

mainly because Norse paganism was one of the last to be replaced by Christianity. 1/2 of all danish "christian" traditions have pagan roots.
Greco-Roman paganism was abolished and absorbed into Christianity over a thousand years prior. Kinda strange that nobody talks about Slavic/Baltic paganism but that might have to do with how strong Christianity is in those regions (minus the Baltic states).

Holy shit what the fuck!?

I'll head out, homos.
Remember not to believe Americans when they claim to know things about history or geography, don't forget that humanity didn't start 600 years before Jesus and we've had interesting cultures thousands of years ago already and don't pick fights about topics you know little about with intellectually superior supreme gentleman who've made that their profession
*tips fedora*

they dont.

> i'm italian/greek/spanish mix and i admit that the pagan religion of my ancestors was degenerate, the norse religions were even more degenerate too. The only diference is that i don't larp as the son of Zeus or some weird crap like that.

Probably this. Italy/Greece have been Christian for like 1500 years and still is while Northern Europe had been it for ~800 years and now isn't.

Do not conflate Pelasgians with Minoans, they were distinct populations, just like the latter classical city states. Obviously there was trading (and raiding) going on. How is that difficult to comprehend?

>I haven't talked about eastern invaders, not sure who threw the term "east" here, but Indo-Euros would come from the north in the case of greece

Well guess where India is on the fucking map, think where the fertile fucking crescent was (protip: anatolia and easternward) and tell me a good fucking reason why someone would migrate from there to here?

>HAHAHA Nice backpeddling

Mehmet do you have reading disabilities? A barren rock is a term not used for civilizations rather for land fertility. How stupid are you?

Also do you know why no-one ever used a chariot in Greek warfare except from Alexander, and no-one did after him again?

Protip: THE WHEEL WAS A HINDERANCE IN BATTLE BECAUSE THE FUCKING TERRAIN WAS TOO DAMN ROCKY AND MOUNTAINOUS FOR MOST OF THE PART.

Now go on and tell me how easy it is to farm on rocky terrains, Ozturk

Because enough autists got together to make "Asatru" a thing. There's Greeks in Greece who practice Dodekatheism and they get shat on relentlessly by the church because nationalism is anti-Christian and of course by the media for being Nazis. There's also the fact that most Pagans are looking at it from a nationalist mythmaking standpoint and the majority of Americans are farm more Germanic than Greek/Italian (and of course Scandis, the English, and Germans are wholly Germanic) so if we're going back to MUH BLOODLINE then it makes far more sense to be a Germanic Pagan then a Hellenistic one for most of the West.

This is really besides the point because we're all atheists anyways, we're just debating over whether or not [x] deity is real. In this sense the Asatruar autists advocating a complete worldview change are far more religious than the Christian autists who only care that you "believe" (whatever that means) in Yahweh being real. We in the West SHOULD be embracing our Classical heritage whether we worship Zeus, Thor, Yahweh, Krishna, or 天帝. For fuck's sake, there was a time in this country when teenagers in High-School were reading Homer, Herodotus, Cicero, and Cato in the languages they wrote in. We have such a vast history and philosophical tradition and it just gets shat on in the name of MUH JESUS and MUH RACISM and DON'T INTERUPPT MUH HEDONISM

>the norse religions were even more degenerate too.
No.
You need to delve deeper into the old med religion, it was maximum degeneracy

Anyway, later niggers

There's a common source alright, it's called "common fucking sense".

There are thunder gods that live in mountains in every single culture, even niggers had thunder gods. You know why? Because they couldn't fucking explain what the fuck a thunder is. Hell, niggers in africa today still cannot explain it.

How is Paganism degenerate?
and please give sources that aren't hollywood rape and murder, cumdrinking.

>Well guess where India is on the fucking map, think where the fertile fucking crescent was (protip: anatolia and easternward) and tell me a good fucking reason why someone would migrate from there to here?

They didn't migrate from India you moron, they migrated from Central Asia in two directions: West and south. The group that went west entered Europe and the group that went south entered Iran and the Indian sub-continent.

Because higher up nazis liked it, and I'm pretty sure there is something with homosexuality depicted as the most manly thing in Greeko-Roman tradition that chases people off, dunno could not tell.

There are still Balts who practice (reconstructions of) their Pagan religions. We have no good sources on Celtic or Slavic paganism however. That doesn't stop Slavs from practicing some bizarre form of neopaganism that is really and truly neo however (The Slavic Vedas is not a historical text, but it doesn't stop them from using it as a holy book).

ty

Pelagian is just one of the names used to refer to the pre-Hellenic peoples of Greece, "Minoan" is just a modern term do describe the civilization of the aegean before Hellenes entered the peninsula and turned it into the so called Mycenean civilization, which peaked around the 13th century BC.

>Well guess where India is on the fucking map, think where the fertile fucking crescent was (protip: anatolia and easternward) and tell me a good fucking reason why someone would migrate from there to here?
nigger what in the flying fuck are you talking about?
you are aware nobody has taken Out-of-India seriously in years right? the mainstream idea about the spread of Indo-European languages is the Kurgan hypothesis, which postulates an origin in the European steppe, right about where modern Ukraine is

Indians and Persians also got enriched just like Greece
you are clearly clueless about the subject, stop posting

Because Skyrim.

Also didn't Evola try to revive Mithraism? I don't know why dudes don't want to huddle in caves and drench themselves in bulls blood.

>Protip: THE WHEEL WAS A HINDERANCE IN BATTLE BECAUSE THE FUCKING TERRAIN WAS TOO DAMN ROCKY AND MOUNTAINOUS FOR MOST OF THE PART.
Actually chariots were used about a thousand years before alexander in Greece already and they even had a working road-network for that, unless you think Homer just made all of that shit up but the details of his accounts and archeological evidence disagree.

>barren rock is a term not used for civilizations rather for land fertility.
Actually barren rock can (and usually does in this context) mean a place of fuck-all.

t. linguist
You were raped by 2 Germans today, how does that feel?
And where did you get your "knowledge" from?

Odin is a canon Cuckhold

>There's a common source alright, it's called "common fucking sense".

Bullshit. Eros would shoot arrows at people to make them fall in love and the Indian god Kama would shoot arrows at people to makr them fall in love. Similarities like that aren't a coincidence.

Greeks and Romans are more innately tied to Christianity than Germanic people. Christianity was the literal state religion of the Roman Empire for far longer than the Roman Empire was pagan, and nearly all church councils and all popes were Greek and/or Roman in character.

Christianity is therefore as much of an indigenous religion to the Romans and Greeks as the preceding pagan faiths, whereas the same isn't true for more northern peoples, for whom Christianity was adopted out of force or necessity.

* make

I don't get it either. Whites are currently threatened by several groups yet refuse to embrace the only solution to this - Islam. Mohammad was a white man and one of his nicknames was "perfect human". It's easy to conclude a white supremacist interpretation from that. And once we have that, how easy would it be to use the knife to literally cut off the heads of the snakes biting us?

>they automatically refer to Norse and not Greco-Roman?
They don't. A lot do, but worshipper of Greco-Roman or slavic gods exist too. I myself actually worship the hellenistic gods, even though I'm germanic. I don't worship them because of my ancestor but because I believe worshipping them is the right thing to do.

If you're lucky Zeus might transform into an eagle and rape you too.

>tfw you will never execute gays by suffocating them in bogs
>tfw you will never blood eagle heathens
>tfw you will never get a top qt anglo saxon maiden
>tfw you will never feel the ocean breeze, the waves, or the storm of the sea on your way home with all the qts, monks and gold you've plundered
>tfw you will never slice a heathens throat during midvinterblot
>tfw you will never hold a thing
>tfw you will never die in a battle slaughtering russians
>tfw you will never have runes carved to your memory

>Muhammad was white

Proofs?

One, Islam is on theological life support. Secular Hedonistic Rational Materialism ("Modernity") kills Islam even faster than Christianity in the West because at least Westerns have things to fall back on when Christianity dies. Islam's inherent totalitarianism means that Islamic societies have NOTHING to fall back on as everything else had to be killed by or made subject to Islam. Look at Qatar, at Saudi Arabia, and Dubai, at the UAE. It's not a long term viable strategy. Ethno-Religions are.

Two, even if we did we would be shot down by the existing Muslims (Who use Islam as a tool of ethnic and cultural supremacy). White converts get beaten and raped and abused all the time. It's not at all about religion, it's entirely about race. They want to replace US and everything about US with THEMSELVES. They don't just want us to convert, they want us dead and gone.

Three, we would be shot down by our governments as again, it's not at all about religion, it's about race. Our governments don't let Muslims get away with grooming gangs and mass murder and driving trucks into crowds because of religion, they do it because they aren't White (or whatever group within White that they aren't). It's not at all about converting us, it is about REPLACING us. We would just be demonized as not being "real Muslims" and infiltrated.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/barren
t.merriam-webster

>Actually chariots were used about a thousand years before alexander in Greece already and they even had a working road-network for that, unless you think Homer just made all of that shit up but the details of his accounts and archeological evidence disagree.

So what you say is this: a rocky and mountainous terrain does not have roads. Or warfare was conduted on Roads. Bravo, stupid

I am not aware of Kama, ill look it up. It could be a cohencidence

I just hope you fucking pagan LARPers, deus vult LARPers and fedoras fuck off of my board.

he had fair skin and red hair. Mecca sits on trade routes with the Mediterranean coast which was heavily populated by whites at the time, so it's entirely plausible that some whites found their way into the Arabian peninsula, Mohamed being one of these.

>In Hadith no.63,vol 1, it says: "When a man arrived at the mosque, he asked, "who amongst you is Muhammad?" The companions of the prophet replied "THIS WHITE MAN RECLINING ON HIS ARM".
>In Hadith no.122, vol 2 and in vol 2 Hadith no. 141, when Muhammad raised his arms in prayer, it tells us that 'The WHITENESS of his armpits became visible".
He even had nigger slaves:
>In Hadith no.436, vol 6, It says: when Umar came to visit Muhammad, he saw a "BLACK SLAVE OF ALLAH'S APOSTLE sitting on the first step"

Why so rude?