People who don't own land OR don't pay taxes should not be allowed to vote...

People who don't own land OR don't pay taxes should not be allowed to vote. Prove me wrong (you can't so don't bother trying).

I pay taxes every time I buy beer, so all good here.

So literally no one because annual property tax means you don't own shit you are just renting it.

i think it needs to be extended to exclude people who recieve certain types of benifits. You can pay tax but be a net leech on the system.

That's local tax, not federal tax dipshit.

>t. poor person who can't afford a house

I agree.

They have to live under the laws, they should have a say in those laws.

Thats a good point. If you pay property tax you can vote. Legally you hold a title to the land, you own the title, you don't really own the land itself. Hence why oil under your property isn't yours.

At the very least the senate should be elected as OP states. Congress and exec branch could open to all people.

That would be the case in a direct democracy.
In a representative republic,you're not going to get someone that is landless or tax-evades to be in charge. Plus,you cant expect people to obey laws that they have no say in.

A system with leaders who are unaccountable to the people they rule over is going to be filled with out of touch corrupt douchebags.

You didn't specify which so I chose my own option. So if I own a square foot of North Dakota land I am all good?

I agree and as a student I'd be willing to give up my right to vote to make this happen

No taxation w/o representation. Frankly, I don't feel represented. Show me a senator or congressman who works a labour intensive job, 40 hours a week, and goes to school, and has no assistance.

Chinks buy all the land and hold all the votes.

Yay.You cucked yourself more than present.

Dumbo.

Unlike the current system? They would be accountable to the tax payers and land owners. If a bill gets sent to the senate that doesn't negativly impact said group it should be passed. Likewise if the senate passes a bill to congress that is favorable to their group but not congresses it fails.

The current system fails when the majority of people get more then what they contribute. It's a conflict of interest.

Every adult alive pays taxes, every time they pay for something they have to pay tax on it.

If you have not served, you should not be a citizen

So you want to have even less control?

If someone buys all your land you've essentially been conquered and you don't have a country.

Assuming I don't own land and pays tax...

>this level of understanding of boolean logic.

which you wouldn't under a system like you propose because all the people who could by land would buy as much as possible so as to control the vote.

Local and state governments decide parcel size. They arn't going to grant a 1 sq ft parcel.

Yes. And it's a steal at %51.

No representation without taxation? I agree.

You could have had an interesting thread with a decent discussion, but then you decided to be a retard.

You're assuming someone is going to sell. And besides OP had an OR in his statement. Meaning if you own land OR pay net tax you get a vote. I added that it should only apply to one branch of government like the senate.

>Never been between jobs.

Hows life in your mothers basement user?

>pay net tax
Basically everyone anyway?

his's mother's wife's son's sister is bringing him tendies

>yes goyim give me your money and then we will grant you the sugarcoated smokescreen that you can actually vote
(Although every candidate be it left or right is the same Jew puppet but you can vote nonetheless.)

Basically. Welfare recipients, college kids w/o a job, the elderly who collect social security but don't own real estate. No senate vote for them.

Disenfranchisement will go over so well with voters.

>boolean logic
>on a hex board

You don't think places like cuckifornia would go down to microscopic to get more electoral college votes or representatives?

The upper 80% pays tax the lower 20 doesnt. I like those odds. Though the lower 20 are gonna be pissed.

You're Canadian, you don't understand, this shit will never fly in the US and in Canada you will probably make is so only disabled trans Muslims can vote.

Can't. Its based on total house of rep seats plus senate seats. Theres a fixed 435 house seats and a fixed 100 senate seats. The house is divided by the census. So california would need more population from another red state to increase its house and electoral college allocations.

In a perfect world:
>all men required to serve 2 years in military
>all men can vote (only men)

North Dakota has ridiculous property tax for some reason, so probably not.

You do know the Senate was never intended to be voted on. Some retards in 1913 changed that.

Now post the shopped version

All I've wanted for a while is a humble piece of land to build a small home on. Does anyone know how to go about buying a piece of land, are there other costs other than the sale price?

Only the head of a household consisting of a married man and woman with 3 kids should be able to vote.

I disagree. They're not contributing to the system, they're draining it. If they're not paying federal tax they shouldn't have a say on how it's spent.

>Those digits

I take it by "taxes" you mean income tax?

Let's remember that the 50-55% of Americans not paying income tax still pay FICA or payroll taxes as well as state and local taxes on their income. The reason they don't pay income tax is because we've purposefully stacked the tax code full of credits and the like. This was and still is the plan to bring the "working poor" out of poverty. So people are still working, they simply aren't earning enough to pay the effective income tax.

>Own land
Okay. I now have a business where I own 50 acres of useless land and sell it off to people in square inch increments for pennies.

State and local government decide parcel size. Maybe you could sell shares in the company, that would be a loophole that would have the be resolved. Land that you live on for more then x days per year.

People who own land should not be allowed to vote

So you have to live there some amount of time?

So if I own and rent out an office building, but I'm still paying the mortgage on my house, I shouldn't qualify?

Owning land is no proof of stake, and making it a standard to allow voting is just dumb. Limiting it to net tax contributers at the given gubernamental level is easier and more sensible. All taxes have some sort of record to them, and thus proving even sales taxes (should one desire to) is easy and straightforward, as is knowing how much welfare was taken from the government.

Any other system is an attempt to let those of higher means get to vote AND not contribute taxes.

The land title is in your name for your house and you'd be paying property tax so you'd be fine. You'd also be paying federal corporate tax and federal income tax, so that would also qualify you.

I think if someone works their whole life, pays taxes, owns a home and retires he should continue to have a vote for a senator after he retires.

And I believe that isn't reasonable because an old person has the same negative incentives to vote themselves more free shit. That's the issue with just giving everyone the vote, the incentives stack in such a way that not voting yourself more benefits under whatever pretext you can find is nonsensical.

Even saying that everyone but people who are negative tax contributors is a risk to preventing this. At most, I would be willing to accept a lifetime balance of taxes rather than an per election one after a certain age. Boomers are all the evidence we need that doing otherwise is both unwise and dangerous.

People who don't serve in the Military should not be allowed to vote. If you don't risk your life for your country IT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU.

People who are not NEET shouldn't be allowed to vote

Americans shouldn't be allowed on Sup Forums. Prove me wrong (pro-tip: I banged ur mum)