CANADA YES!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupilaq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>country tosses out a foreign country's literature in place for their own literature
I don't see a problem with this. Canadian students reading British literature is a result of leftist globalism. Canadian students should be taught Canadian literature.

>Canadian literature
Did eskimos even have a written language?

By distancing yourself from british heritage, you are admitting that Canada is literally a non-country with no right to exist at all. Not that it surprises me.

Probably oral epics written down by British explorers.
A fucking leaf

Most indigenous writers comment about their oppression so more or less kids are gonna learn how mean the white man is.

Funny thing how if travel on the west provinces and you land yourself in their indian reserves you might be robbed, raped, or even killed.

Ontario is a mess.

Why are you speaking English?

English =/= British.

English is a language.
British is a people/culture.
I speak English. I am not British, I am Canadian.

Racist. Shakespeare was a black QUEEN.

That doesn't make any sense but I do agree turning away from our history isn't a good thing either.

Old news, who cares.

Let the eskimos pay for it then.
mfw Canadian school teachers receive their salary in seal blubber.

how much can I bet "indigenous writers" mean white, canadian writers, but people here are chimping out just because why not

You're a faggot is what you are.

Canada - 1.7% gay
United Kingdom - 5.6% gay

One in twenty British "people" suck dicks. There's a good chance I'm replying to somebody who had Mohammad in his ass last night.

>lazy teacher in year 2020
>just puts on a Blacked video

a language that came from a culture you fucking leaf

He isn't allowed to own a butterknife, you can't say there are only two genders in public, I can't deny you know what if I wanted to or complain about the fuji islands. We're all fucked.

>Canada
>1.7% gay

LEAF, the population of Toronto is entirely pozzed.

you realize our figurehead (head of state) is the Queen of England. and we are a Federal Parliamentary under Constitutional Monarchy right?
We are part of the Commonwealth .. like it or not.

I had more respect for the left when they were communists. They may not have understood basic economics but at least they wanted to create something.
The left doesn't want to create anything anymore, all they want to do is tear down every positive aspect of modern civilization and replace it with a stone-age third world shithole.

Canada. What the fuck happened? It went from americas hat to a shithole begging to be raped.

Name a single bad thing about Canada outside of Ontario or Vancouver.

Why even call it Canada anymore? Lets use more aboriginal names

Why even go to school? Lets revert back to indigenous times where there was none

Why even use Western Medicine? Lets revert back to Aboriginal spirit magic or whatever

Listen to this Ling

Canada is an aboriginal name

Don't give them any ideas.
What we joke about on Sup Forums today becomes mainstream leftist policy tomorrow.

Makes perfect sense.
Shakespeare is a has been.
It's only fair to let new voices be heard.

holy shit did you just blow in from Stupid Town

>Tossing out a nigger's literature for "native" literature
Okay, progressive canada

>implying I'm stupid for wanting Canadians to be taught Canadian culture and Canadian literature over another country's culture and literature
You're enabling globalism.

>school board
So what? Like 4 schools?

>English is a language.

that's it. this is the point where i've officially lost all hope for the future.

Have fun reading feminist garbage like The Handmaid's Tale.

Looks like Somali.

What the fuck nigga Id be dead from blood loss before the surgeon can finish asking a nurse to cauterize the vein

Sorry to break this to you but Canada is a British country.

>english
>wingdings
>welsh
So they don't have a written language then.

Canada is its own country. Only a cuck would want his children to learn another country's culture and literature over his own country's culture and literature.

Why are you even on Sup Forums i you're going to enable leftist, communist ideologies like globalism?

It wasn't even indigenously developed. Cherokee syllabary is the only indigenously developed north american native script.

Do your natives even have a written literature?

Indigenous doesn't exclusively refer to natives. The article could simply mean white Canadians. I don't see what that has to do with anything though since natives are a part of the fabric of Canadian identity and they've been here for 12,000 years which is far more preferable than being a cuck and learning another country's literature

ask and you shall receive ;)

Without """globalism""" (hint this wasn't the ideological motivation of your country's founders) Canada wouldn't exist.

Imperialism =/= Globalism.

>Indigenous doesn't exclusively refer to natives
That's an entirely true and reasonable assumption. But come on, you know they're talking eskimos and so on. If it was just canadian writers they probably wouldn't have run the story and they certainly wouldn't have broken out "Indigenous" politically correct code for eskimos and indians.

>indigenous writers
OOGA BOOGA MUH DOOP DURR ONGA BONGA
>ok class now write a ten page paper about Mugambe Oogaboo's inspiring story

>English is a language.

what an abhorrent fucking post

You have your British culture. I have my Canadian culture. Stop trying to force your British culture (shakesphere) on me. Stop being a leftist globalist.

>any country besides america
>culture

Cool. So celebrate the culture of your county's imperial motherland, cuck.

Shakespeare is terribly overrated.

Hint: Just because they used to speak differently in the old days doesn't make it high art.

A much more enriching tale, to be sure!

>So celebrate the culture of your country's imperial motherland
That's like asking your son to stay in your basement for 40 years.
Let Canada have its own culture you leftist globalist. Teaching our children foreign literature is a leftist ideology. Teaching our children Canadian literature (regardless if it's white or native) is a rightist ideology.

Geddy Lee even though he is jewish does not deserve to be on that list

OP is a divide and conquer shill, probably from reddit. Notice his juxtapositioning of buzzwords like "leftist globalism" to try and start an argument over this pathetic topic

Sage

What's the best province or territory to raise a family?

99% of indiginous writing is just more "da white man da reserves gibbedats" bullshit, they will never get past being whiny sacks of shit obsessed with the things the government did to them in the past.

Canada BTFO

THE DAY OF THE RAKE IS NOW

fucking this.
In high school we had to overanalyze his meme works (r&j, hamlet, king leer) over and over again. I know he performed his plays for the upper class alot but I'm pretty sure none of the peasants in the globe theater are gonna go home and write papers on the importance of symbols.

Eskimos are more foreign to Canada than England is you fucking spastic. What's your obsession with fucking geography?

I agree eskimos are foreign (they're siberians who've crossed over during the winter), but not all natives are eskimos you dumb American.

Personally I hate shakapear. But your country unlike the USA never had a litterary revolution.

northern bc (lived there for a little less than a year, fresh air and great landscape), yukon (unless you're a nigger I'm sure you wouldn't mind) and I've never been to alberta but aside from forest fires I'm sure it'd be great. from what i hear its the texas equivalent and pretty conservative too

I disagree. Although the staples like Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet may not be as great as they are made out to be, his comedies are god tier. Taming of the Shrew is still one of my favorite plays that he made.

Fakespeare isn't British culture.

WE

BASED natives, am I right centipedes?

natives are just mongols who've crossed over during the winter

fpbp

ALSO

this happened because the schoolboard receives more money from teaching about natives rather than Shakespeare.

It was written for the masses, not just the elites.
It's the equivalence to modern day sit-coms.

Not saying it was bad, and it was certainly better than most stuff from that era.
But it's like people in the year 2200 talking about how The Office was a great work of art.

As someone in teachers college, this stuff makes me cringe. I think it's important to have national literature in the class, but there is a reason we read literary giants such as Shakespeare.

This is the sort of thing that makes me want to redpill every kindergarten student.

>wingdings
my sides

No, they just have carvings made from childrens' rotting flesh and bones that they use to summon evil spirits.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupilaq

This is also from someone who is 1/2 Native [Ojibway master race, eternal Iroquois pls go].

>didn't have written language till whites arrived
>doesn't want to read books made by white

Except atwood and fyre are crypto kikes you fucking mongoloid

what i'm saying is that he had better works like but here in America at least we've gotten the same 3 or 4 tragedies every year.

>welsh
A sophisticated kek

Gaetan Dugas...white Canadian who brought AIDS to the states...my sides.

I think it's more or less that he was revolutionary in the fact that his plays were the first of their kind really. While I understand that it is essentially like sit-coms today, shows like Seinfeld will be talked about in the future as a great work of art because it's very similar to what I mentioned above about Shakespeare.

>Ojibway

What about Mayan and Mesoamerican idographic alphabets?

>kowtowing to Eskimos
not even Scandinavia is that retarded

ded thread

Great let's stop teaching children the works of the father of literature and switch them to people who couldn't even develop a written language. I fucking hate this country.

Geddy deserves immunity. He's a gift to mankind.

WUZ

Seth Rogan is Canadian and not a jew?

day of the rake

The real reason is because not only are Ontario students too retarded now to comprehend Shakespeare but the teachers are too stupid to be capable of teaching it either.

I don't know what the schools are like over there but mine butchered Shakespeare anyway. We read basically abridged versions of it, skipping whole plots, no discussion of meter or performance, limited explanations of the context it was written in only when absolutely necessary to understand a plot point. I think it's just mandatory and even the teacher didn't appreciate it

is this really surprising?
Canadians are the only whites that barely has any culture, they didn't fight for independence like Americans and everybody else, they sucked Britain's dick until Britain said fine, they're the descendent's of cowards, they're only known for hockey, maple syrup and moose, there's isn't any worldwide famous inventor or scientist from Canada, they're known for being extremely polite beta faggots, it's literally a meme on the internet,
what could you expect?

>reading comprehension

>Canada - 1.7% gay

More like 99.9% lmao